The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future

Go down

The Future Empty The Future

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:05 am

As the lockdowns continue there's obviously plenty of debate about what to do about the ongoing competitions, but I thought it might be interesting to see how people see things going forward.
We know there were already a number of proposals floating around to drastically change things, would 'losing' a season make it easier to get them past the usual objections? And given the financial state of so many clubs at every level before this even started, how many will even be left when things can start up again? And if you were put in charge, what would you like to see?

I don't know if there's going to be a European Superleague after/because of this, but I think there will almost certainly be some merged national leagues. A combined Dutch and Belgian league was already being looked into and this could easily be the final push it needs, and I could imagine say Alpine, Scandinavian or Baltic leagues forming too. Maybe even an Iberian league. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with a British Premier League, but I can't see it happening.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down