The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to the future

+7
MetalMotty
crippledtart
Kay Fabe
MtotheC
VDT
Bull
Hero
11 posters

Go down

Looking to the future Empty Looking to the future

Post by Hero Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

The saying a leopard can't change its spots seems to ring true based on this comment a certain H Hogan made in an interview very recently:

To be thirty years old: "I want my youth back. I wouldn't change anything, though. I'd wrestle all over again. The same matches."

A 747 jet: "I would like my own private jet plane again. I'd take all the wrestlers with me on the plane. I don't just want a little Learjet, I want a 747. That would be a wild plane."

Knee surgery: "I've had eight back surgeries, I've had knee replacements, I've had both hip replacements. I only need one more surgery – to fix my right knee – then I'm going to go for the TNA world title. I want to be 59 years old and be the champion."

Hair: "I want a full head of hair, like yours."

Well we're all looking forward to that then.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Looking to the future Empty Re: Looking to the future

Post by Bull Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

with that goes TNA down the drain Wink

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:55 pm

Hogan to win the BFG series 2013! Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm

Surely said in jest?! There's not a chance this could actually ever happen...is there?

Then again they did put the world title on foley a couple of years back in a desperate attempt to try and add some name value to the history of the belt so there is a precedence for it.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Dec 2012, 5:15 pm

If Hogan was every healthy enough to Wrestle again I'd advise him to do it in a WWE ring, at least that way he'd get a pay-off he'd desire and also a grand stage to perform on.

I watched a bit of iMPACT! Last night, if Bully Ray doesn't turn on Hogan I'll be astounded, Hogan doesn't or didn't trust him but now seems to be, I'm sure that Hogans first instincts will prove to be right so we can get the big "I told you so Brother" promo

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 24 Dec 2012, 8:48 pm

I've been sick of Hogan since the first time I ever saw him, but his presence in TNA takes that to new extremes.

He is completely and utterly poisonous, and it would be impossible for TNA to succeed while he remains involved in the company. He simply isn't capable of the selflessness required to be of any benefit to anyone or anything not named Hogan.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 24 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm

Is Hogan considered a draw still?
Does his presence on the roster of TNA actually get people to watch that wouldn't have bothered if he wasn't there?
Be interesting to know if any research had been done to garner whether he still brings in casual fans.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 24 Dec 2012, 9:29 pm

I hope the only time Hogan is in the TNA title match is as a special Ref.
He needs to stay as he is, infact he could do with taking a step further back give other people more tv time.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 9:31 pm

MtotheC wrote:Surely said in jest?! There's not a chance this could actually ever happen...is there?

This is Hulk Hogan and TNA, there is EVERY chance that this could happen. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Totally agree with Crips with everything he's said about Hogan, he's not there to look out for TNA he's there to look out for Hulk Hogan (and to a lesser degree Brooke now that she's a part of TNA. What are the odds Nick shows up in 2013?). He was brought in for his name value and to increase awareness in TNA. Has he done that to the the extent you can say "Hulk Hogan has made a difference?" In my opinion, he hasn't.

But once he has his 682nd surgery, he'll be in Dixie Clueless' ear, "You know something brother, ratings just ain't what they should be. We need the Hulkster as champion brother!" and lo and behold, it shall come to pass.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Dec 2012, 10:08 pm

Hero wrote:Is Hogan considered a draw still?
Does his presence on the roster of TNA actually get people to watch that wouldn't have bothered if he wasn't there?
Be interesting to know if any research had been done to garner whether he still brings in casual fans.

It's been a good couple of years now since I really bothered with the figures, I personally don't believe its a true reflection on how many people watch Pro Wrestling these days, it's probably as true as you'll get but I feel far more watch online than ever before and those often illegally wouldn't obviously be accounted for.

Still, from what I gather the figures in TNA in Dec 2012 are not that greater than they where in Dec 09 immediately before Hogan and Co rocked up, what I will say though is he has probably raised far more awareness of TNA as a Wrestling brand over the last 3 years than they had the previous 7, not many might watch it but almost everyone 65 and under seems to have of at least heard of Hulk Hogan and with that if they actually bothered to enquire about him would find out who he's now working for.

Is he still a draw in 2012? I'd say yes, but not in TNA, the over exposure has killed any nostlgia act he could possibly have garnered there, in WWE though they book these things properlly, also with all the archived footage of Hogan too it'd be easy to build anticipation for any feud, I'd say an as healthy as possible Hogan vs Cena would still draw a massive house but I don't believe Hogan vs anyone under the TNA banner would draw anything out of the ordinary TNA buy-rate

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:09 pm

This will rankle with the likes of Adam who always gripes when a old timer gets a run in WWE when if the same was done in TNA it'd get panned but I see what you mean.
A brief run in WWE and the demand would be far higher if built properly towards a Mania match.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm

grrrrrr.......

To be honest, I wouldnt want to see either fed have him for a match.

And as for Hogan as the TNA gm, I actually dont mind it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Dec 2012, 1:08 am

I don't like him as GM, he still takes up far to much screen time, almost everything in TNA has to go through Hogan which gives him far to much importance for me, nothing else is deemed important enough compared to Hogan, I agree 100% that I'd not want to see Hogan Wrestle again in any Fed but I do feel it'd be better for TNA if he did suddenly become healthy enough to go back to WWE for one more big match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 25 Dec 2012, 1:28 am

I would be intrigued to see if theres any way of knowing how his presence at TNA has boosted them outside of the US. After I spoke to the British Boot Camp people, TNA's UK PR guy told me to try sell it to a local paper on the basis of 'local wrestler in America, local wrestler meets Hogan'. On that basis, Hogan still must sell to some extent. Thats not to say its him that would get people watching it, but if his name gets them press time then he may spread TNA to areas it wouldnt reach otherwise (sounds a bit like an STD).

He is definitely my least favourite person on TNA, and that is over both Brooke and Tazz, and even beyond that of Aces and Eights.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 25 Dec 2012, 1:28 am

i think he adds credibility to the role of gm in TNA but do agree that it is overplayed.

However, if hogan going to wwe meant that Angle could move into the GM role and stop wrestling, I would be all for that.

Whenever I see Angle in the ring, my heart sinks. He still puts on good matches but you can see he is a physical wreck. One thing is a certainty, Angle wont be wrestling at Hogans age.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ManofSteel Tue 25 Dec 2012, 2:05 am

TNA need to ditch Hogan and give air time to the superstars that bust their balls every week to put on a show. They need to work on developing their storylines and making their talent look strong, instead of focusing on Hogan, and god forbid another title reign.

Hogan needs one more three month period in the WWE and then he should disappear for good. Turn up as a surprise at the Rumble, fans mark out and go crazy. Then he goes onto Mania for one last match and put over some young talent.We all know that this won't happen because Hogan is an egomaniac but I would prefer to see that rather than anything else.

ManofSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down