The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The golfers' Music Room

+14
JuliusHMarx
McLaren
pedro
BlueCoverman
JAS
incontinentia
I'm never wrong
Davie
westisbest
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
beninho
super_realist
Soul Requiem
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The golfers' Music Room - Page 4 Empty The golfers' Music Room

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 03 Jun 2020, 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cover wise it's hard to look past Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, not usually my kind of thing but the haunting beauty of his voice is a guilty pleasure, one of the weaker songs on his only true album to be fair.

I love that Prince solo and i've always got to the end and thought the exact same thing 'where the **** did his guitar go?', can't go wrong with a bit of Stevie Ray Vaughan but not a fan of Hendrix being covered, it's near impossible to get the guitar tone right to do him justice but SRV does an admirable job.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

The golfers' Music Room - Page 4 Empty Re: The golfers' Music Room

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 11 Sep 2020, 3:00 pm

Bonuses of Covid-19 lockdown - coming across some new stuff.

Anyone like Godsmack? Got into quite a bit of it over last 12 months or so. Nice and heavy, even if a little cheesy in places. Sully Erna can sing.

Anyway, looked up some stuff on Wikipedia and realised Erna has some solo stuff out from 2012 (I think). So far from Godsmack, it's daft. Not only can he sing, but is multi-instrumental - impressive.

This is worth a look:

Some excellent musicians alongside Erna on this as well.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 11 Sep 2020, 3:07 pm

With a lot more time spent indoors in recent months I trawled through TuneIn to try and find a new decent radio station, stumbled across one called Metalrock.FM which is very good, they play a lot of Godsmack on there which is quite hit and miss, decent mix of current and old too.

Came across this which i've not hear for years.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 01 Oct 2020, 7:59 pm

Reheard this recently and I cant stop asking for it!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 07 Oct 2020, 8:18 am

Eddie has jumped :-(

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 07 Oct 2020, 9:19 am

Terrible song that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 07 Oct 2020, 9:43 am

Innovative genius

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 07 Oct 2020, 11:43 am

Awesome song Jump. Love it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Oct 2020, 3:24 pm

Yeah. Didn't like all their music, but he could play. I'll leave it with this, from '78:

navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Oct 2020, 3:24 pm

super_realist wrote:Terrible song that.
Why am I not surprised? Rolling Eyes
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 14 Dec 2020, 2:57 pm

On this day in 1979, the realisation that punk had moved on from 3 minute 3 chorders and it wasn't going back. Got to be honest my initial reaction when I first heard it wasn't great but it started growing on me and just kept on growing. Still one of my favourite musical "go to's". Hard to believe that was 41 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN7iEFVLf5c&list=PLkLimRXN6NKzoSccJhADNW42Ayxf7mYwF

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 15 Dec 2020, 9:01 am

JAS wrote:On this day in 1979, the realisation that punk had moved on from 3 minute 3 chorders and it wasn't going back. Got to be honest my initial reaction when I first heard it wasn't great but it started growing on me and just kept on growing. Still one of my favourite musical "go to's". Hard to believe that was 41 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN7iEFVLf5c&list=PLkLimRXN6NKzoSccJhADNW42Ayxf7mYwF

Train in Vain is one of the great songs, without doubt the premier punk band of all time. The Pistols receive a lot of credit for their attitude but always underwhelmed by them looking back.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Dec 2020, 2:54 pm

Typical obit for this thread.

Leslie West R.I.P. Great guitarist. Loved his characteristic Les Paul sound.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 8:52 am

Something takes you back to an album from your youth so you register and remember it's great. Catchy, poppy, heavy, big riffs. So good.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 10 Jan 2021, 9:19 am

A bit later but this was a tune;

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:00 pm

Anyone else a fan of Optimus Rhyme?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 14 Jan 2021, 4:38 pm

I don't know if I'm going senile or if there's thread cleansing going on. Either way as this is a music thread lets have some music, it should be a canter...

https://youtu.be/Idno-kMyq_Y

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Jan 2021, 5:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Anyone else a fan of Optimus Rhyme?

Hadn't heard of them. Just checked them out. Sorry, not a fan.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Jan 2021, 5:22 pm

For Jas

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 15 Jan 2021, 12:43 pm

In the Coop today original version soul train Detroit Spinners 'Ill be around' was the the shop musak.People looking very odd as I sang along

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 15 Jan 2021, 1:26 pm

McLaren wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Anyone else a fan of Optimus Rhyme?

Hadn't heard of them. Just checked them out. Sorry, not a fan.

You don't like 'Obey the Moderator'? 😉

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Davie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Jan 2021, 1:49 pm

Sorry, the joke has obviously gone over my head. Crying or Very sad
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 08 Feb 2021, 8:49 pm

After the wkend played the super bowl I thought I'd check his song, I knew I knew some just didn't know what. Anyway best 80s song ever. I really like it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:01 pm

Imo The Weeknd was an everyday experience.

pedro

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 08 May 2021, 4:55 pm

Guns'N'Roses on a budget. Click Here

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 21 Jan 2022, 8:04 am

You know what it means when this thread pops to the top of the list. Wasn’t ever a picture of health but Meatloaf :-(

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 21 Jan 2022, 8:41 am

Very sad but as you say, not entirely unexpected. I do wonder if he would have been the same without Jim Steinman though

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 21 Jan 2022, 11:07 am

Probably in everyone's album collection - Bat Out of Hell - went to see the musical a few months ago. Excellent fun. Thought him and Jim Steinman together were great.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 27 Jan 2022, 1:29 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60149951

BBC News wrote:Spotify has begun removing music by Neil Young after the rock star called for the streaming platform to choose between him and podcaster Joe Rogan.

Accusing him of Covid misinformation, Young told Spotify this week: "They can have Rogan or Young. Not both."

Good on Neil Young. Although I do listen to him a fair bit on Spotify. Might have to do the unthinkable and listen to some music from my actual music collection. Wherever that is.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Jan 2022, 1:31 pm

What a big baby Neil Young is.
So what if Rogan is on Spotify, it doesnt mean you agree with him or have to listen to him.

If I was a musician, podcaster or whatever who cares who else is on the same platform? I wouldnt care if Owen Jones or Ash Sarkar or whoever were sharing the platform and I didnt agree with their views . This sort of intolerance is laughable.
Grow up Neil.

If you cant take being part of something unless they share exactly the same opinion on evrything then you really are a pathetic child.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 28 Jan 2022, 1:52 pm

It's actually a perfectly reasonable stance to take. Neil Young quite rightly doesn't want a company profiting from false information profiting from his work, it's about time more artists started taking a similar stance. It has nothing to do with people having a difference of opinion but everything to do with spreading lies, two very different things.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:03 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:It's actually a perfectly reasonable stance to take. Neil Young quite rightly doesn't want a company profiting from false information profiting from his work, it's about time more artists started taking a similar stance. It has nothing to do with people having a difference of opinion but everything to do with spreading lies, two very different things.

Agreed. Would be the same as an artist leaving a record label because the label has signed someone like Morrissey. Both the label and the artist are free to make their choices and that's what Spotify and Neil Young have done here. It's not like he'd be making a huge amount of money from them anyway.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:03 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:It's actually a perfectly reasonable stance to take. Neil Young quite rightly doesn't want a company profiting from false information profiting from his work, it's about time more artists started taking a similar stance. It has nothing to do with people having a difference of opinion but everything to do with spreading lies, two very different things.

Petulant nonsense. Like I said. What sort of simpering ninny only wants to be part of an organisation which only has people who think exactly the same as you do? Be a pretty small organisation if we did that.
If all you want is your own echo chamber where you only hear your own views being parroted by other people then you end up like the BBC or The Guardian.

Will Neil Young take his albums off Amazon because you can also buy books by Jordan Peterson or that "bigoted transphobe" 🤣 JK Rowling?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:09 pm

super_realist wrote:

Petulant nonsense. Like I said. What sort of simpering ninny only wants to be part of an organisation which only has people who think exactly the same as you do? Be a pretty small organisation if we did that.
If all you want is your own echo chamber where you only hear your own views being parroted by other people then you end up like the BBC or The Guardian.

Will Neil Young take his albums off Amazon because you can also buy books by Jordan Peterson or that "bigoted transphobe" 🤣 JK Rowling?

You don't seem to be respecting Young's right to have an opinion which is different to your opinion.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

You don't seem to be respecting Young's right to have an opinion which is different to your opinion.  

He can have an opinion, but hes a baby by trying to force Spotify to choose between them. Cheerio Neil. Is he really so stupid to think that he agrees with all the other podcasts apart from Rogan?

Rogan is a total moron, but its really infantile to try to command a company to choose between you and him.
Young should have just politely requested to be removed, rather than arrogantly give them a command.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:16 pm

Doubt he was seriously trying to force them as he would have known they wouldn't do anything about Rogan. He made his point and maybe it will encourage others to do the same and will also make Spotify think about it's content.

He'll not miss the minimal income he gets from them anyway.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:16 pm

super_realist wrote:

You're missing the point as per usual, Joe Rogan spreads misinformation notably about the Covid-19 pandemic that is potentially harmful to the wider public, Rogan doesn't have an opinion he's just wrong. That is not the same as JK Rowling having an opinion on Trans rights. You haven't read Young's statement in full, quite clearly latching onto a headline as per usual.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:18 pm

So what, no one is making the assumption that Young is in any way in agreement with Rogan's lies or that he in any way endorses him, his views or anything he represents.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:24 pm

I find it hard to believe that any reasonable person would get their knickers in a twist over Young's actions.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:31 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

He can have an opinion, but hes a baby by trying to force Spotify to choose between them. Cheerio Neil. Is he really so stupid to think that he agrees with all the other podcasts apart from Rogan?

Rogan is a total moron, but its really infantile to try to command a company to choose between you and him.
Young should have just politely requested to be removed, rather than arrogantly give them a command.

You really do seem to have a problem with people that are prepared to take a stand on an issue they believe to be of fundamental importance. At the end of the day it’s his choice and I would say it’s a choice arrived at after quite a bit of thought. The move WILL have made people think, maybe not changed the minds of Spotify execs but it will have made them think.
I personally no longer drink Starbucks because of their effin tax dodging behaviour. It doesn’t mean much to the wider world unless thousands of people in this country did the same and told Starbucks they were doing it but it makes me feel better. Neil Young on the other hand has a much higher profile than me and so when he takes a stance a helluva lot more people notice so fair play to him.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:31 pm

super_realist wrote:So what, no one is making the assumption that Young is in any way in agreement with Rogan's lies or that he in any way endorses him, his views or anything he represents.

And?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 28 Jan 2022, 2:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I find it hard to believe that any reasonable person would get their knickers in a twist over Young's actions.

I see the mistake you've made there.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Jan 2022, 7:47 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:So what, no one is making the assumption that Young is in any way in agreement with Rogan's lies or that he in any way endorses him, his views or anything he represents.

And?

and..... who is Neil Young to demand an ultimatum? If he wants to throw his toys out of the pram and act like a spoilt brat, fair enough but I dont thibk he should be giving a "him or me" dictat.

Ive never listened to Rogan, but what lie has Young objected to?

I think if anyone who is too precious to simply be on the same media sharing platform without having a fit tney should probably look a bit more closely at every company or individual they support and they woukd find sonething they disagree with.
What is this obsession with the left of only tolerating an echo chamber of their own views?

Typical fake outrage and if Young really cared he could have done it better and with zero publicity

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 29 Jan 2022, 8:17 am

I don't think a nobody like you should have an opinion on what Neil Young wants to do with HIS music. 

So wait you've come up with this pathetic stance without knowing why Neil Young objects to the Joe Rogan podcast?

Perhaps find out all the information first before posting this nonsense. 

Neil Young did the right thing by making this public, it brings to attention the false information on Spotify. That is not an opinion, it is not wanting an echo chamber. It is simply wanting to bring to an end the spreading of false information or lies in simple terms for you

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 29 Jan 2022, 11:01 am

He didn't give Spotify an ultimatum, he told them to remove his music. Ironically, the only person who appears to be outraged in all this is s_r. "Dear Points of View..."

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 31 Jan 2022, 7:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:He didn't give Spotify an ultimatum, he told them to remove his music. Ironically, the only person who appears to be outraged in all this is s_r. "Dear Points of View..."

Not outraged, just see Young and That other coffon dodger are being babies.
The way to counter bad arguments is the face them, not run away.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 31 Jan 2022, 8:10 am

Person makes a decision on who he wants to do business with. Then gets abused for it. Very strange.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 31 Jan 2022, 8:50 am

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:He didn't give Spotify an ultimatum, he told them to remove his music. Ironically, the only person who appears to be outraged in all this is s_r. "Dear Points of View..."

Not outraged, just see Young and That other coffon dodger are being babies.
The way to counter bad arguments is the face them, not run away.

That's why I voted Remain, unlike all the babies who voted Leave.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 31 Jan 2022, 11:42 am

beninho wrote:Person makes a decision on who he wants to do business with.  Then gets abused for it. Very strange.

Young is quoted as writing to his management "its either Young or Rogan, they cant have both"
Thats the issue I have, Young acting like a petulant baby.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jan 2022, 12:01 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Person makes a decision on who he wants to do business with.  Then gets abused for it. Very strange.

Young is quoted as writing to his management "its either Young or Rogan, they cant have both"
Thats the issue I have, Young acting like a petulant baby.

Whistle

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 31 Jan 2022, 12:04 pm

At no point did he give an ultimatum to Spotify to choose between himself or Rogan. He instructed his management to get his music removed from Spotify because they had Rogan (and thus he wanted his music removed).
Again I fail to see why any rational observer would have an issue with this.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next