The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

calling all golfers.

2 posters

Go down

calling all golfers. Empty calling all golfers.

Post by liegerwoods Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

dear 606v2 posters and browsers

i require your assistance. i know many of you have played at troon municipal courses over the years and if you have you will know that the facilities on offer do not match the quality of the courses although they have been poorly maintained of late. the council have decided to lease out the clubhouse to a private developer who is to fully renovate the property. this is to be done at NO COST to the council or local clubs. the lease holder will keep the profits generated by the clubhouse. currently one of the local clubs has a lease on a large part of the building where over the years they have extended and improved the facility for their members. that lease runs out next year. they have a nice clubhouse and bar and a healthy membership of around 340. as part of the renovations they are to be relocated. understandably they are not happy and are opposing the project. plans have been released for the works and they are exeptional and every season ticket holder and visitor will benefit greatly but this local club is digging their heels in and trying to scupper the project.

i have posted a link to my clubs forum for you to look at. the drawings are there for you to see.

http://www.troonstmeddansgolfclub.com/forum/index.php (new clubhouse)

i would be gratefull if you would take 5 mins to email the 4 councillors listed stating you are visitors that would be happy to return to troon or would consider visiting the courses if the facilities were upgraded as planned.

any help on this matter would very much appreciated.

if you feel you need more info then feel free to ask

cheers

liegerwoods

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

calling all golfers. Empty Re: calling all golfers.

Post by Doon the Water Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:27 pm

Lieger.
There does seem to be a problem with the way Welbeck seem to be running the agenda at Troon.
I would imagine that they represent about 20% of the total number of rounds played on the three courses.
The whole thing is a right mucking fuddle but the Council must go ahead with the desperately needed improvements. The present facilities are awful, same at Belleisle. Fifty years of neglect and lack of investment by a council who have cynically taken the golfers money to prop up thier many failures.

Such a shame as the courses have been in good condition the last couple of years.
Having been responsible for building a couple of clubhouses I would comment that the plans look great on paper but there are quite a few 'workable' problems. Style over substance!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

thanks for the reply doon

agreed the style over substance and the developers are taking on board the issues. i would hate to see it go the same way as belleisle.

an email to the councillors would be appreciated doon.

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down