The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:08 am

Galted wrote:Thanks for your glowing praise on the limerick thread, Tino.  Will be negotiating the rest of the week with infinitely more positivity as a result.

It was a beauty of a line. Just giving it the praise it deserves.

We have to be careful talking on here though as Jules will accuse us of bumming each other wearing cowboy outfits soon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:08 am

Pal Joey wrote:Made a bit of a grisly discovery yesterday.

Saw what I thought was cat vomit (which it was) out on the nature strip. A large brigade of ants had already found it and were well underway with their recycling task. So I grabbed some newspaper and a couple of bags from inside... but on my way back out there I caught a glimpse of something untoward on my beautiful new front lawn. It was a fairly decent sized rat... with a long dark tail.

Upon closer inspection I noticed its head was barely connected to its body. So I had to go back inside again to grab a garden spade - I hate touching dead things. Got the body in the bag, no probs... but when I tried to scoop up the head, all of this grey matter fell out. Forget Hollywood!

Anyway, it's a simple puzzle to solve.

An ubiquitous stray cat caught the rodent (early that morning judging by the look of the corpse) then tossed it around and tortured it for a while. It finally went for the neck and ripped out the throat. Had a bit of a feed around the neck and shoulder area...  but then didn't feel so good afterwards ... so threw that up. Then attempted to bring it over my side fence but then thought "bugger it"... I'll just leave it here as a gift of sorts for PJ to chance upon.

My brother's cat seems to be the only one in the pet department of the animal kingdom that kills to eat rather than for a bit of sport.  Mice, rats, snakes, lizards, birds, you name it, often with nothing left of the carcass.  She'll sometimes offer them as a gift but eats them soon afterwards.  She's deaf though so you'll occasionally see mice eating from her bowl when she's lying nearby, oblivious.  Can be pretty nervewracking stuff.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:12 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Thanks for your glowing praise on the limerick thread, Tino.  Will be negotiating the rest of the week with infinitely more positivity as a result.

We have to be careful talking on here though as Jules will accuse us of bumming each other wearing cowboy outfits soon.

Hope he doesn't find out that I've got a leather pair of cowboy boots the mother-in-law sent me from Texas.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:16 am

Galted wrote:

Hope he doesn't find out that I've got a leather pair of cowboy boots the mother-in-law sent me from Texas.

Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:19 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

They have lots of things for men to enjoy.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:51 am

Six line limericks - tres avant-garde

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:57 am

Six line limericks - tres avant-garde,
Exclaimed P. G. T. Beauregard,

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2020, 12:02 pm

Exclaimed P. G. T. Beauregard
But it's now been deleted

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2020, 12:05 pm

And Trump now defeated

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2020, 12:29 pm

And Trump now defeated
From the White House Biden is barred

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2020, 12:41 pm

And Trump now defeated
Is it wrong that this makes me hard?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2020, 12:42 pm

Those last two posts highlight the difference in class between me and Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2020, 1:12 pm

Have a feeling Trump will instruct the WH staff to short-sheet the beds for the Bidens.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2020, 1:19 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Have a feeling Trump will instruct the WH staff to short-sheet the beds for the Bidens.

He's going to hide a prawn somewhere in the Oval Office. That'll start humming after a few weeks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2020, 1:32 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Have a feeling Trump will instruct the WH staff to short-sheet the beds for the Bidens.

He's going to hide a prawn somewhere in the Oval Office. That'll start humming after a few weeks.

Maybe he'll replace the bust of George Washington with one of Fidel Castro... and see if Joe notices during the 'handover'.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2020, 1:35 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Maybe he'll replace the bust of George Washington with one of Fidel Castro... and see if Joe notices during the 'handover'.

I'm not sure Joe would notice if he was put in a cupboard rather than the office.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2020, 1:40 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

I'm not sure Joe would notice if he was put in a cupboard rather than the office.

I could see him getting really angry with a broom (thinking it was John Bolton)... then a change of heart and suddenly admiring it... and ultimately fondling the exquisite woodwork and giving it a deep sniff.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2020, 1:48 pm

Pal Joey wrote:fondling the exquisite woodwork and giving it a deep sniff.

Taken in isolation, that is a beautiful piece of writing, PJ.

It also happens to the title of michaels school yearbook.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2020, 5:37 am

Wonder how the Lidl version of Klopp is doing?

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 11 Nov 2020, 7:53 am

Sicond.

Hopefully manicuring well.

How are you, Ricko? Any interesting cases you're involved in... or just daily grind legal work?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2020, 8:33 am

End of year contract shenanigans mate, mainly consisting of Microsoft being Microsoft, and me patiently explaining to various group heads, that Microsoft will always be Microsoft, and no matter how much low level flexing you do, this will always be the case.

How are you diddling?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Nov 2020, 8:46 am

The law is an ass.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2020, 9:09 am

It certainly can be, Jules.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 11 Nov 2020, 9:09 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:End of year contract shenanigans mate, mainly consisting of Microsoft being Microsoft, and me patiently explaining to various group heads, that Microsoft will always be Microsoft, and no matter how much low level flexing you do, this will always be the case.

How are you diddling?

Diddling well thanks. Origin 2 just starting. Last week was disappointing so I hope they can level it up. Otherwise it will be bad for the ratings. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 9:29 am

Good morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 11 Nov 2020, 9:42 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:End of year contract shenanigans mate, mainly consisting of Microsoft being Microsoft, and me patiently explaining to various group heads, that Microsoft will always be Microsoft, and no matter how much low level flexing you do, this will always be the case.

How are you diddling?

So similar to my day to day life that I sometimes think you might be an alias of mine or vice versa. I tend to do my explaining with minimal patience though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:17 am

My patience is wearing thin... One part of the group seems to think they are hard, which is invariably going to end in Microsoft coming in to assist them with their deployment and licence needs, thankfully I am not responsible for their bit, and can get myself distanced from the sh1tshow, whilst telling them I told you so (though this is unlikely in practice, irritatingly)

Maybe we are the same person, supes, and we have multiple personalities which the stress of living in Dundee has caused.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:27 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:My patience is wearing thin...  One part of the group seems to think they are hard, which is invariably going to end in Microsoft coming in to assist them with their deployment and licence needs, thankfully I am not responsible for their bit, and can get myself distanced from the sh1tshow, whilst telling them I told you so (though this is unlikely in practice, irritatingly)

Maybe we are the same person, supes, and we have multiple personalities which the stress of living in Dundee has caused.

Cry me a river you pair.

You have no idea the stress that deciding how much chiffon, charmeuse or taffeta to order can heap on a man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:37 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:My patience is wearing thin...  One part of the group seems to think they are hard, which is invariably going to end in Microsoft coming in to assist them with their deployment and licence needs, thankfully I am not responsible for their bit, and can get myself distanced from the sh1tshow, whilst telling them I told you so (though this is unlikely in practice, irritatingly)

Cry me a river you pair.

You have no idea the stress that deciding how much chiffon, charmeuse or taffeta to order can heap on a man.

I have to wear a shirt every second Thursday when we do a video conference call.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:37 am

Chiffon, charmeuse and taffeta might inspire me to up my game.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:38 am

Big Tw*tter news I forgot to mention. Jeff is no longer banned and a couple of days ago used the term 'lol out loud'.

He may have forgotten his roots, but his roots haven't forgotten him.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:45 am

Galted wrote:Chiffon, charmeuse and taffeta might inspire me to up my game.

I can do you a good deal, G-Unit. Can get Mrs Windows to knock you something together in no time.

Can even do one of those comedy shirts with a tie pattern on it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:46 am

Galted wrote:Chiffon, charmeuse and taffeta might inspire me to up my game.

I think they are also the names of Jule's children.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:48 am

Galted wrote:Big Tw*tter news I forgot to mention.  Jeff is no longer banned and a couple of days ago used the term 'lol out loud'.

Did he use lol or l*l?

Makes a big difference.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:54 am

You're a wonderful individual, Tino.

I'd like something like this, perhaps with a feather in the hat.  No need to bother with footwear as I've got that covered.

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Screen13

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:55 am

Galted wrote:Big Tw*tter news I forgot to mention.  Jeff is no longer banned and a couple of days ago used the term 'lol out loud'.

Did he use lol or l*l?

Makes a big difference.

He used 'lol'. To be fair to him, we were all using that version until you rose from the dead to remind us about the '*'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:06 am

Galted wrote:You're a wonderful individual, Tino.

I'd like something like this, perhaps with a feather in the hat.  No need to bother with footwear as I've got that covered.

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Screen13

That should be absolutely fine but I do need to ask where you got that picture of Superfly from?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:08 am

Galtova downloaded it off some Scottish Studs website. There's also one of him bathing in porridge.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:09 am

Galted wrote:Galtova downloaded it off some Scottish Studs website.  There's also one of him bathing in porridge.

Ah yes, I've also seen the porridge one. If you zoom in, you can see his bag pipes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:25 am

Galted wrote:Galtova downloaded it off some Scottish Studs website.  There's also one of him bathing in porridge.

Ah yes, I've also seen the porridge one. If you zoom in, you can see his bag pipes.

His sporran is magnificent (in a non-g*y way).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:33 am

Galted wrote:

I think he should have shaved his Flower of Scotland though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:45 am

Galted wrote:

Thistle take some doing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 11:49 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Thistle take some doing.

Well played.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 11 Nov 2020, 12:45 pm

F*ck off the pair of you.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 1:58 pm

That's not very MacNanimous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 2:26 pm

Galted wrote:That's not very MacNanimous.

He does seem a little off kilter today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 3:22 pm

I can't for the fife of me think what's troubling him.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2020, 3:31 pm

Galted wrote:

Do you think we are getting on his wick?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Nov 2020, 3:39 pm

Galted wrote:

Do you think we are getting on his wick?

Yes, perhaps we should leith him alone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 12 Nov 2020, 9:09 am

McFist!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next