The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
lostinwales
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Galted
12 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 13 Nov 2020, 5:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Is that the split?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Dec 2020, 6:01 pm

And I’ll do it again, over and over.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Dec 2020, 6:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:And I’ll do it again, over and over.

clap

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:04 am

Top michaelsing, have a post Christmas fist.

Hope you all had a good one!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:15 am

Morning, Rick. Expertly fisted there, very well done.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:38 am

Thanks, Galts, how was your Christmas?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:41 am

Relaxed, thanks. How did yours go?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:45 am

Pretty chill as well, first time I have cooked Christmas dinner and it went off without a hitch.

Played quite a bit of Cyberpunk, when it let me, and ate and drank way too much.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:53 am

Sounds like an impressive all round effort. Congrats on the Christmas dinner.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Dec 2020, 7:09 am

I was pretty happy with it so cheers Smile

You got any gaming in?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Dec 2020, 7:26 am

Finished off Far Cry 4 and now onto Fall Out 4. Good to have a wealth of old games I haven't played.

How is Cyberpunk? Presumably you didn't have any bugs being a PS5er.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Dec 2020, 8:41 am

There are so many bugs it is not even funny, but it is just about playable, and there is a good game in there somewhere.

Love Fallout 4, barring the settlement building which can f**k off and Preston Garvey needs bu**ing, but apart from that great game.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Dec 2020, 9:59 am

Wonder who on here is Pierre Cardin?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Dec 2020, 11:17 am

Could be PJ, they've nearly got the same initials.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 29 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm

I'm glad I wasn't PC or Luigi Snozzi.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Dec 2020, 5:28 am

Fist in the perineum between Christmas and New Year.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 30 Dec 2020, 6:48 am

The annual gooch, I will slip in sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Dec 2020, 6:56 am

Morning Rick - and season's greetings.  

Think it was the Viz that referred to the perineum as the "Notcher" because it's notcher balls and its notcher arse.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 30 Dec 2020, 6:58 am

Lovely stuff, I will consult the Profanisaurus later. I do love me a bit of Viz, and the Viz book of sexist world records is the single best book to read on the 5h1tter ever.

Good Christmas, supes?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Dec 2020, 7:30 am

I used to get the Viz all the time and loved it. I did have the Profanisaurus but it got lost (thrown out by Mrs Superfly) in a house move.

It was fine - fell out a little bit with Mrs Superfly on Christmas Eve because she initially complained that I had arranged a Zoom call with various members of my family at 10:00 on Christmas Day and that was the time we were supposed to be visiting her mum and dad (alhough she hadn't told me that). I then arranged it for earlier in the morning and she then complained that it would be in the middle of present opening. Tension then lasted right through Christmas Day as she wasn't happy that my response to her complaining was to stay up half the night on Christmas Eve and get drunk and watch The Boys on Amazon Prime.

Other than that, kids seemed to enjoy themselves and I drank a lot, so pretty decent.

Did everyone enjoy the stuffing they received from you?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 30 Dec 2020, 5:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:Morning Rick - and season's greetings.  

Think it was the Viz that referred to the perineum as the "Notcher" because it's notcher balls and its notcher arse.

Reminds me of John Arlott's quote about Kiwi cricketer Bob Cunis: ''Cunis, a funny sort of name. Neither one thing nor the other.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Dec 2020, 4:18 am

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Morning Rick - and season's greetings.  

Reminds me of John Arlott's quote about Kiwi cricketer Bob Cunis: ''Cunis, a funny sort of name. Neither one thing nor the other.''

Laugh

Fist.

Might not be the coveted Christmas fist but the last fist of the year is something to hold onto.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 31 Dec 2020, 6:23 am

Tier 4 Sicond from the stir crazy North

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Dec 2020, 7:19 am

lostinwales wrote:Tier 4 Sicond from the stir crazy North

Excellent sicond that, quite poetic. Wish I'd put more effort into my fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 31 Dec 2020, 7:29 am

Effortless tird

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 31 Dec 2020, 8:05 am

Joyous fort

Not long to go now. Watching some concert in Melbourne... just the tonic.
Other than that I'm just keeping my powder dry until 2021... in 55 minutes.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Dec 2020, 8:24 am

Off to brave the cold in the hope that junior falls asleep.

Happy New Year, PJ. Hope it's a good one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 31 Dec 2020, 8:30 am

Thanks mate. Happy New Year to you too, Galted and Jules... and everyone else of course. I hope 2021 is much, much better for us all!

It's quite mild and overcast outside here.
Fireworks are already going off in people's backyards. The dogs aren't so happy about the noise. Can't say I blame them for barking.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Jan 2021, 4:56 am

Doesn't bode well for 2021 that it gets such a mediocre first post.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 02 Jan 2021, 12:44 pm

That michaelsing was more spectacular than the New Year's fireworks they normally hold on the Embankment.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 03 Jan 2021, 8:57 am

It was definitely in the top 3 michaelsings of the year so far.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 04 Jan 2021, 5:45 am

Fist of the working year, notches, hope all is well in the world.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 04 Jan 2021, 6:00 am

Sleepy Sicond - still getting over the morning commute to work. Had to go up a whole flight of stairs.

I know there is that old line that can be adapted that goes along the lines of choosing to not type and leave people to guess that you might be an idiot, or to type and leave no doubt, but what is a michaelsing?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 04 Jan 2021, 6:08 am

No such thing as stupid questions, LIW, just stupid people (of which you are not one)

The term michaelsing, is unique, I believe, to this long lasting thread.

It comes from a time when the MSMTS was called The Culture Cup and used to be a lot more populous with many more posts a day. However there was a poster called seanmichales, who would post and then for no explicable reason the board would go quiet, so any time someone posts here, without a reply in a reasonable time, it is called a "michaelsing"

Hope that helps.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 04 Jan 2021, 6:16 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:No such thing as stupid questions, LIW, just stupid people (of which you are not one)

The term michaelsing, is unique, I believe, to this long lasting thread.

It comes from a time when the MSMTS was called The Culture Cup and used to be a lot more populous with many more posts a day.  However there was a poster called seanmichales, who would post and then for no explicable reason the board would go quiet, so any time someone posts here, without a reply in a reasonable time, it is called a "michaelsing"

Hope that helps.

And if you need a reference point for Sean, think Jay from the Inbetweeners with more lies. You'll be close to Seany.

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 04 Jan 2021, 6:17 am

Who, apparently looks like Jurgen Klopp, and has documented eating chips of someones back whilst banging them.

Morning, Tino.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 04 Jan 2021, 6:25 am

Good explanation, Rick.

Got a text from NSW Health to go for a covid test last night at 6pm. I unknowingly went shopping at the local supermarket where someone had just recently tested positive.

So I went to the drive-in testing set up nearby at around 08:30 this morning. It was quite quick... only an hour wait. Out by about 09:45.

This evening at 21:00 (less than half an hour ago) I received my result: negative. Feels great!
I'm generally impressed with the whole process. I was expecting at least 24 hours before any positive news; not 11.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 04 Jan 2021, 6:27 am

Morning, peej, Mrs Dagless had to go for one a while ago and even here it was pretty slick.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 04 Jan 2021, 7:20 am

Had a couple of colleagues here go for tests and the process/ results were much quicker and slicker than expected. I guess there is a tendency to hear more about something when it isn't working, and testing does seem to be going OK.

I believe track and trace is still a (very expensive) lottery however.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 04 Jan 2021, 8:45 am

Well I can't let you michaels the thread now, can I!

Covid will soon be gone now that the NHS have £350m per week to dick about with.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 04 Jan 2021, 9:06 am

Have to say that LIW has already put in some strong performances here. Bit concerned about retaining my own squad place with a livewire arachnid like him now about the place. Not sure who looks after the Society's finances but can you continue to afford a veteran sub who only comes off the bench now and again? Guessing furlough is out of the question.

Anyway, I'm hoping (not assuming so that's ok, isn't it, Jules?) none of you were Gerry Marsden. Saw him in concert at the Lakeside (home of darts) in the late '80s. Top act who came across as a good guy.

Similar hopes about you all and Tommy Docherty. You probably don't go back to the Doc's time, eh Galted? He was 92 when he went to the changing room in the sky on New Year's Eve leaving behind such sayings as this one, ''If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have looked after myself better.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Jan 2021, 1:03 pm

Fear not GB. I am not Tanya Roberts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 04 Jan 2021, 2:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Similar hopes about you all and Tommy Docherty. You probably don't go back to the Doc's time, eh Galted? He was 92 when he went to the changing room in the sky on New Year's Eve leaving behind such sayings as this one, ''If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have looked after myself better.''

Not quite that old, GB, although I am now eligible for a Covid jab.

The quote is a good one and one that, in all likelihood, I'll be using in the future thinking that it was me who came up with it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 04 Jan 2021, 2:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Fear not GB. I am not Tanya Roberts.

That's comforting to know, Jules. I wasn't too afraid though. Somehow I didn't envisage Tanya Roberts bumping into Roy Wood at a Brummie Tesco's whilst Christmas food shopping as you have done.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Jan 2021, 8:36 pm

Or maybe I am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55528352

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Jan 2021, 4:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Or maybe I am

I suspect that she might be Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Jan 2021, 5:53 am

Has a fist been applied to this morning yet?

Not got into this early morning work lark yet. Too cold. No junior engineers to bully and hassle while I wake up.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Jan 2021, 6:08 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Or maybe I am

I suspect that she might be Tino.

Nope, but she is in here with me. Along with Darth Vader, Madonna and Sinead O'Conner.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 Jan 2021, 6:49 am

'sup

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Jan 2021, 6:59 am

lostinwales wrote:Has a fist been applied to this morning yet?

Not got into this early morning work lark yet. Too cold. No junior engineers to bully and hassle while I wake up.

Was a bit of a difficult fist as Julius posted very early without claiming it. I should really have done so but feared a scathing retaliatory pun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 05 Jan 2021, 7:02 am

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Has a fist been applied to this morning yet?

Was a bit of a difficult fist as Julius posted very early without claiming it.  I should really have done so but feared a scathing retaliatory pun.

Like a View to a False Obituary you mean?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next