The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
lostinwales
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Galted
12 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Is that the split?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:26 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:I went to a number of operas in the late 90s with a French bird I was trying to impress.  Probably about ten hours in total without even coming close to getting my leg over.  The last one (possibly the Marriage of Figaro) included another 'friend' from work she'd invited who did get his leg over.

You should have just taken her to watch Se7en. Still results in a lack of sex but the time commitment is dramatically less.

If only I'd known you then, Tino, life would have been so much easier.

That story is sadder than the one about the tramp noshing you off.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:23 pm

I'm not Eric Hall. I'm not even 10% of him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm

Monster!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:55 am

It's a bit worrying using a fist to unmichaels a lawyer.

I hope he doesn't sue me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 am

Galted wrote:It's a bit worrying using a fist to unmichaels a lawyer.

Cheers Galted. I've removed you from my "to sue" list.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 am

l*l out loud, didn't know that legal humour was a thing

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 am

It's a laugh a f*cking minute. You can just imagine the type of jolly characters that make up the profession.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 am

What do you get if you cross a lawyer with a tree-cutter?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:23 am

I'm a barrister and I'm ok, I chop all night and I sue all day?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:30 am

No.
Sue Pollard.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:51 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:It's a bit worrying using a fist to unmichaels a lawyer.

Cheers Galted.  I've removed you from my "to sue" list.  

I've added him to my "to do" list.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:45 pm

It's a shame rick is Bruce Swedien. He would have appreciated my Sue Pollard joke.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 am

Innuendoless fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:53 am

Simply sicond

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 am

Rick apologises for his absence but he's sitting on the front step waiting for the postman to deliver his PS5.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:34 am

Shame. He'd get much more enjoyment from the Sue Pollard joke.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:52 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame. He'd get much more enjoyment from the Sue Pollard joke.

I liked the joke.

I also enjoyed my 'adding Galted to my to do list' quip but no one else appeared to.

C*nts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:08 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame. He'd get much more enjoyment from the Sue Pollard joke.

I liked the joke.

I also enjoyed my 'adding Galted to my to do list' quip but no one else appeared to.

C*nts.

Apologies, I did notice your post, but wasn't sure whether you meant 'to do' as in 'to exterminate' or 'to bugger', or perhaps something else which was over my head.  I was still pontificating when I realised that it was time for a fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:08 am

I liked the joke.

C*nts.

I'm still reeling from the lack of love for my Shahshaw Redemption pun about 5 years ago (caused by Jules calling Shah "Shaw" and then apologising). I accept that Shawshah Redemption would have been better but it was still a cracking bit of word play.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:11 am

I liked the joke.

C*nts.
Apologies, I did notice your post, and assumed 'to do' meant 'to exterminate', since if it had meant 'to bugger' it would have been on the 'done' list.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 am

Galted wrote:

I liked the joke.

C*nts.

Apologies, I did notice your post, but wasn't sure whether you meant 'to do' as in 'to exterminate' or 'to bugger', or perhaps something else which was over my head.  I was still pontificating when I realised that it was time for a fist.

In my mind, it was 'to bugger' followed by 'to exterminate' so no one found out. But it appears Jules has already rumbled us on this.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Michaelsed another one.

I'm beginning to think I should die again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Filth is usually a good way to michaels a thread. You won't win a Pulitzer with it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:31 am

Half naked fist.

Saw the van Gogh exhibition today. Arles quite impressed with his brushwork. The nutter could paint.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 am

Sicond.
Excellent word play PJ. It's a vincentive to us all to do more

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 am

Tird. I'd love to Gogh (American pronunciation) to that exhibit.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 am

van Gogh's work is a load of pollocks if you ask me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:43 am

Galted wrote:van Gogh's work is a load of pollocks if you ask me.
But it would still cost you a lot of monet to buy one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Munch too much.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Munch too much.

Careful, it may give you Degas.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 am

But if you had one on your wall it would certainly turner few heads.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:57 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:But if you had one on your wall it would certainly turner few heads.

Definitely. Better than poussin all your manet away buying expensive cars.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:But if you had one on your wall it would certainly turner few heads.

Donatello me that there's more enjoyment to be had from art than from expensive cars.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Donatello me that there's more enjoyment to be had from art than from expensive cars.

Well I suppose with the exception of a little red courbet. Would have to be red though... not mantegna.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:08 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Sorry to end the punathon but need to talk to you, PJ.

Found some TV gold last night. The Test on Amazon Prime. Follows your cricket team from the sandpaper scandal in SA to the 2019 Ashes and how Langer and Paine tried to change the culture of the team and repair their reputation. Really is good. I watched a good 4 hours of it last night before I started to hallucinate through tiredness.

Dave Warner still manages to come across as a massive c*nt, despite it being a documentary about redemption, and Smith still comes across as being upset that he got caught rather than upset that he cheated but other than that, it is great TV.

Tim Paine is now my third favourite Aussie after you and the bloke that plays the serial killer in Wolf Creek.

Paine might be a limited player but a solid human being and a good leader of men. He unleashes some great sledging of Virat Kohli in there as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am

Yes, think I've seen that one or something similar.

Paine is half decent but he needs to work on his niggling. Those comments to an Indian batsman here (about Kohli) were cringey. Never liked Warner after he was mean to Joe Root (in a bar?) and it was hilarious seeing Smith bawl like a baby. Not a huge fan of Langer. Don't like his whiny voice and overuse of swearwords.

Went past the SCG today... warm weather. I see the Indian's first ODI  match is next week - without a crowd. Silly... just jam them in and cross our fingers. I've got a membership there so wouldn't mind seeing them again. Otherwise it might have to be a BBL match... ?

Last edited by Pal Joey on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:20 am

Tim Paine is now my third favourite Aussie after you and the bloke that plays the serial killer in Wolf Creek.

There's this chap as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QCgqQdmr0M

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 am

Galted wrote:

There's this chap as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QCgqQdmr0M

That's the Australian Prime Minister.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i739SyCu9I

This guy is my hero

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:33 am

Aw gawd... he makes a strong case for involuntary euthanasia. Couldn't listen to it all but I think it gets worse the further north you go here. I gather he means good but I struggle to listen to him.

There's a new series of "Housos" - in the covid era. Honestly... what's the world coming to?
It's shot out in western Sydney and it's probably not too far off the marc. (sorry... last pun)

Super, you know he also has a son in politics? Two of them! His electorate is about twice the size of France... more crocs (and frogs) than people though. He always gets dissed off in parliament. "Your time has expired... and I can't see a question in there"  Laugh Total fruitcake!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:48 am

superflyweight wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i739SyCu9I

This guy is my hero

L*l out loud, looks like a sh*t ventriloquist's dummy that's been made of discarded bits of other ventriloquists' dummies.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:00 am

Galted wrote:

This guy is my hero

L*l out loud, looks like a sh*t ventriloquist's dummy that's been made of discarded bits of other ventriloquists' dummies.

He's really easy to fire up. Get's so angry.

If your car broke down near his place and you went walking towards his property (unknowingly)... he'd fill you full of buckshot first.

Then ask "why are you here?"

Think he's got rabies... or some nasty tropical disease at least.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:06 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

This guy is my hero

He's really easy to fire up. Get's so angry.

If your car broke down near his place and you went walking towards his property (unknowingly)... he'd fill you full of buckshot first.

Then ask "why are you here?"

Think he's got rabies... or some nasty tropical disease at least.

Still rather him than the dithering mop-haired hunchback we've got.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 am

He's the equivalent to the Tea Party or UKIP. He has his own party - named after himself.

At every election he receives decent windfalls for his federal (one) and state (two) seats plus up to $1m in donations mostly from the pro gun lobby.

I made a mistake above. His electorate, Kennedy, is slightly smaller than France... 220,000 sq m  compared to 247,500 sq m for France.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:59 am

Morning, all, i was on leave last week, and I can confirm the PS5 is a great bit of kit.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:19 am

Sicond. My son was one of the the people who got shafted by Amazon. His pre-order got 'lost' after it reached the depot.
Can you help us sue them?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:25 am

Congratulations, Rick. I would be very impressed if your week's leave was spent as a courier for Amazon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:48 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond. My son was one of the the people who got shafted by Amazon. His pre-order got 'lost' after it reached the depot.
Can you help us sue them?

Are they giving him a refund?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 am

Supes is more expert in this than me, but having recently gone through this with a "lost" switch, it was fairly straightforward to get a refund.

Thanks, Galts, I play it knowing I have stopped a child getting it for xmas.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:31 am

Yeah, he'll get a refund but that doesn't help getting a PS5. Hopefully get some compensation as well. Hard to believe a company as large as amazon not having decent systems in place to prevent fairly large scale theft.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next