The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons

+2
mikey_dragon
RiscaGame
6 posters

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons Empty Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons

Post by RiscaGame Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:25 pm

The time: Saturday 5 Dec @ 1915 sharp.
The place: Scotstoun, Glasgow
The channel: Premier Sports 1
The teams:

Lambs to the slaughter Glasgow: G Bryce, L Jones, N Grigg, R Fergusson, N Matawalu, P Horne, S Kennedy, A Seiuli, G Steward, E Pieretto, L Bean, K McDonald, R Harley, F Lokotui, R Wilson (captain). Replacements: J Matthews, A Allan, D Rae, H Bain, TJ Ioane, J Dobie, B Thomson, R Tagive.

Your mighty Dragons: J Lewis, J Rosser, J Dixon, J Roberts, A Hewitt, S Davies, R Williams (captain), B Harris, E Shipp, A Jarvis, B Carter, M Screech, H Keddie, T Basham, O Griffiths.

Replacements: R Hibbard, C Maguire, C Coleman, J Maksymiw, H Taylor, T Knoyle, N Tompkins, O Jenkins.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons

Post by RiscaGame Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Interesting to see us go for Academy product Ben Carter in the engine room. Nice to see Ellis Shipp get a start. Our centre pairing should be very solid Wink.

I also would have Rosser as my starting wing with what we have available, so that’s good too. Interesting to see Tompkins released, but we probably need him with our outside centre shortage.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v The Resurgent and soon to be All Conquering Dragons

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:04 pm

The Scots must be having a weekend off if you had to create this.

They seem to rate Carter highly. I haven’t seen much of him.

Worried about the defence, Glasgow’s backs will have a field day running around the 13 channel. Coleman is worse though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Guess they’re more worried about the third place playoff.

Hopefully be a good game. I do worry about our centres a little. I did think maybe Roberts would go there (13), as I’d imagine him to be slightly faster, judging by his finish last week Wink

Last edited by RiscaGame on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:31 pm

Thanks for doing the thread Risca, am looking forward to the game.

We always seem to have a close game v the Drags and i don't imagine this one is going to be any different. I am feeling a bit more confident after a decent showing against the Blues last weekend, but only a little bit.

DW seems to be a bit happier, as he has gone with pretty much the same side.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Our away record is terrible, despite last weekend. Plus we need to take every opportunity and at the minute Sam Davies isn’t kicking his goals. So I would expect a defeat, but hopefully not by too much.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:48 am

Risca, good post OK

Mind, for the sake of accuracy you should have billed it as The Once And Future Champions versus The Other Welsh Team, you know not the Blues or Scarlets or them birdie ones.

I hope it's a good match, Dregs are on a decent run, form wise, and Glasgow are beginning to show signs of life. The match against the Blues was a bit of a puzzle. We controlled the play, looked very much the better side but were fortunate not to be two or three tries down at half time. Shocked The most positive aspect of the match was the commitment and aggression shown by the Warriors players. If they battle as ferociously today then it's a home win.

Saying that, the match may well be decided in the battle between Robbie Fergusson and Dr Roberts. Both are superb defenders; Fergusson put in a 100% tackle success last week and Roberts is ... just a legend in defence. The big question will be whether Furra Linee at 10 can create enough time and space for Fergusson to get the ball beyond the 12 channel. If Roberts trucks the ball up into Fergusson I expect Big Bad and Lokotui to be all over the breakdown. Actually with Batman at 7 I expect a really feisty, niggly time there.

I hear it'll be cold, wet and windy this evening so I think 15 - 6 to the Once And Future Champions.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Sounds like it could be a thunderous battle in the centre then. Might be quite a backrow tussle too.

Our weaknesses are likely to be in the scrum, especially if Jarvis can’t last very long. I’m not sure we will get too much creativity with Dixon at 12, but you never know. If conditions are as bad as predicted, then it’s never going to favour us and will certainly play into the Once and Future Champions’ hands. Especially with Sam Davies’ current kicking woes.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:16 pm

Was working today and have been watching the games on catch up since I got home, am finally up to date.

What a cracking first half, some really good tries from both teams. game on in the second half. Hopefully Drags can continue to play with 14 men to give us a chance!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Good try Drags, powerful from the lineout

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:24 pm

Horne kicks a penalty and levels things up at 17 all

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Davies whacks one over for the Drags in return

20-17 Dragons

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Sam Davies whacks over a drop goal

23-17 Dragons

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Yellow card for Lee Jones for a deliberate knock on

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Mathews scores at the death

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:11 pm

Brandon Thompson misses a kick in front of the posts23-22 Dragons FT

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:13 pm

Sh*t the bed! Only seeing the text updates but imagined that try at the end would be easily converted. Was it a shocker of a miss?!

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:16 pm

I don't know what to say

There was nothing in the game and yet we should not have lost like that after getting back in the game.

Brandon Thompson has had a pretty chequered career in the Glasgow shirt, but that is not going to cement his place in the affections of the Glasgow fans.

Well Done Drags, it would have been tough to lose that one and fortunately for you, that did not happen!!

Last edited by BigGee on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:19 pm

What is the saying

'It's shi*te being Scottish sometimes'

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:52 pm

Dragons get an away win and move up level with Ospreys.

3rd is anyone's one's guess

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:58 pm

Excellent Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:50 pm

Gosh, is there still a rugby team in Glasgow? That is a horror of a result.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:01 am

I was watching Liam Gallagher tonight, but following on Twitter. I was so choked that we seemed to have lost that. Even Dragons Twitter called it a choker at the end, as the assumption was the kick was a formality.

As I said pre game. Needed Sam Davies to be on the money and he was. Also said Rosser should be our other starting wing and that’s the case. Have to say, it’s a great win. Two away wins on the bounce. Maybe people may respect Dragons more now, especially when you see rubbish even on here like Connacht should beat us at Dave Parade.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Morning peeps, Hug
First up; total respect to the Dragons for battling out a win. If you look at the match statistics it shouldn't even have been close. But you have to take your hat off to any team that makes 194 tackles and then finds a way to win. Well done.

Danny Wilson was scathing about the Glasgow performance...rightly so.

It was 27 minutes on the match clock before I heard the commentators mention Nick Grigg. 27 minutes before the ball got beyond the 12 channel. Take a bow Jamie Roberts.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down