The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

+19
owen10ozzy
ralphjohn69
Plunky
TM2K
beninho
Davie
LadyPutt
Shotrock
superflyweight
robopz
pedro
Good Golly I'm Olly
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
GPB
navyblueshorts
JAS
super_realist
McLaren
23 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 Empty PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by McLaren Thu 03 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm

GPB

Either that or the players are just really good. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Dec 2020, 5:37 am

GPB wrote:Andy Sullivan leading the EuroTour event after 36 holes in Dubai after shooting 61-66.  17 under par.

this must one of those interesting Tournaments that Super likes to watch.

Why don't they play these events in the Middle East in July!

You really can be a compete plank at times. No wonder Kwini buggered off. I know you aren't very good at language, so I will repeat it for you. I specifically stated that NOT ALL European events were "interesting" because I'm well aware that there are "tour stops" on the rota which produce scores like this.

Is it any wonder that Americans are universally disliked when you come out with stuff like this?

Who are you going to wave your flag at when theres no one left on the board? I'm presuming that's why you are over on a UK board, because you alienated everyone on your own domestic boards with your irritating manner.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Dec 2020, 5:40 am

JAS wrote:
GPB wrote:Shotrock,

anyone thinks that Bandon is easy to get to either has not been there, was on some sort of pharmaceutical, or had use of Star Trek's transporter.  (Beam me Up Scottie)

I did do some initial research as was thinking about a trip there for my 60th but the time & cost of it was just too off-putting. Certainly don't think I'd muster together enough of my normal playing group and other golf mates to make a decent sized party.

As it is, assuming Brexit doesn't screw things up, I'm going for an N.I. trip to do RCD & RP and a quiet night out in Belfast.

Why would Brexit affect your ability to go to Northern Ireland?
You do realise that that tourism won't be restricted by it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 04 Dec 2020, 8:39 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

anyone thinks that Bandon is easy to get to either has not been there, was on some sort of pharmaceutical, or had use of Star Trek's transporter.  (Beam me Up Scottie)

I did do some initial research as was thinking about a trip there for my 60th but the time & cost of it was just too off-putting. Certainly don't think I'd muster together enough of my normal playing group and other golf mates to make a decent sized party.

As it is, assuming Brexit doesn't screw things up, I'm going for an N.I. trip to do RCD & RP and a quiet night out in Belfast.

Why would  Brexit affect your ability to go to Northern Ireland?
You do realise that  that tourism won't be restricted by it.

You don’t at all entertain the possibility of a botched deal that somehow forces a border to be reintroduced could have the effect of raising tensions to the point where it all kicks off and the GFA falls apart and we go back to the bad old days. Just to be clear because I know your propensity to misinterpret....I’m NOT saying that’s what WILL happen, I’m saying it’s a POSSIBILITY.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 04 Dec 2020, 9:38 am

super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:Andy Sullivan leading the EuroTour event after 36 holes in Dubai after shooting 61-66.  17 under par.

this must one of those interesting Tournaments that Super likes to watch.

Why don't they play these events in the Middle East in July!

You really can be a compete plank at times. No wonder Kwini buggered off. I know you aren't very good at language, so I will repeat it for you. I specifically stated that NOT ALL European events were "interesting" because I'm well aware that there are "tour stops" on the rota which produce scores like this.

Is it any wonder that Americans are universally disliked when you come out with stuff like this?

Who are you going to wave your flag at when theres no one left on the board? I'm presuming that's why you are over on a UK board, because you alienated everyone on your own domestic boards with your irritating manner.

FYI, they aren't.

Perhaps ignore each other?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Dec 2020, 9:57 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

You don’t at all entertain the possibility of a botched deal that somehow forces a border to be reintroduced could have the effect of raising tensions to the point where it all kicks off and the GFA falls apart and we go back to the bad old days. Just to be clear because I know your propensity to misinterpret....I’m NOT saying that’s what WILL happen, I’m saying it’s a POSSIBILITY.  

No, I think that a completely ridiculous suggestion and further proof of your willingness to look at everything through tin foil spectacles, and even if there was a "border" it wouldnt affect you flying into that backward province from England just as it didn't when bombs were being slung and kneecaps were being smashed.
Golf is actually the only reason I can possibly think of why anyone would want to go there. I really can't see any other reason to visit.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 04 Dec 2020, 10:17 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

No, I think that a completely ridiculous suggestion and further proof of your willingness to look at everything through tin foil spectacles, and even if there was a "border" it wouldnt affect you flying into that backward province from England just as it didn't when bombs were being slung and kneecaps were being smashed.
Golf is actually the only reason I can possibly think of why anyone would want to go there. I really can't see any other reason to visit.

It’s always an entertaining joust debating these kind of things with your good self. It’s got eff all to do with tin foil (spectacles rather than hat is an interesting take though). So you just blindly assume with certainty that the outcome of the negotiations whatever they may be will categorically not increase tensions in NI. It’s precisely the attitude of ignorance of the sensitivities that could send NI tail spinning again.

If it did yes I could still go just like I could have in the 70s & 80s but why would I if bombs were going off like fireworks on bonfire night. Yes there wouldn’t be any bombs on the courses but a 2-3 night hotel stay would be much riskier if troubles escalated.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 04 Dec 2020, 10:32 am

I just don't see how a private citizen flying in from England without encountering the Rep Ireland/Norn Irn border to play golf is going to come across anything remotely inconvenient, especially when you can wave your hun supporters club pass, you'll probably be wafted through.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 04 Dec 2020, 11:29 am

super_realist wrote:I just don't see how a private citizen flying in from England without encountering the Rep Ireland/Norn Irn border to play golf is going to come across anything remotely inconvenient, especially when you can wave your hun supporters club pass, you'll probably be wafted through.

Re my earlier comment about your propensity to misinterpret....there clearly wasn't much point in trying to pre-empt it, it was always going to happen anyway.

For about the 3rd time (trying to put it in a different way in a vain effort to help your misinterpretation). I'm not saying I wouldn't be able to I'm saying that IF it did all kick off again in N.I. (post Brexit as is possible due to the bungling nature and colonial insensitivity of our negotiating politicians) I wouldn't WANT to go there when there was an excessive amount of tit for tat bombing going on.

btw I'm old enough and wise enough NOT to go waving around a Hun supporters club pass (even if I had one). I also know that its not the place to go around singing the Sash (or indeed the Soldiers Song) after a few pints without checking the colour schemes of the kerbstones on the pavements.

Anyway, we've dragged the thread way off topic, time to let it go

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 04 Dec 2020, 12:42 pm

Super

You must be more of a Boris disciple than I thought, if anyone is going to handle a situation so insensitively that he opens up old wounds it will be him.

It is not tinfoil to think that brexit will result in the break up of the UK.

But if you want to play golf in NI if at all kicks off then so be it. You are harder man than the rest of us obviously.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 04 Dec 2020, 3:35 pm

Yes, Super I am the Plank that makes unsubstantiated comments like this

On driving 2,3 or 4 hours , we're constantly told by Yanks that this is just like popping down the shops.

I asked for a citation, which should be easy enough if you are "constantly told by Yanks"

why can 't you see that you are the troll here? I admit that I snap back at you, but you don't share any complicity. I admit that I intentionally take your comments out of context, but you constantly do it. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. Just stop being so dislikable. Just stop with the puerile superficial comments about players.

We know that you are a perfect specimen of a human being. No one on Earth can possibly live up to your standards. There is no need to constantly show your "super"iority.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 04 Dec 2020, 4:30 pm

Went on a lads golf trip to Majorca in 2014 so fairly recent. We stayed in Santa Ponsa, chosen because it was convenient for the golf and we understood it was fairly lively without being a Magaluf. We were also told it was popular with the Scots and Irish.

First night we were there we spotted an Irish bar and a couple of the lads fancied a pint or two of Guinness. There were about 12 of us and the bar was rammed. It soon became apparent that it was full of Irish. As soon as they heard our accents the whole of the pub started singing anti-English and pro IRA songs. It was really threatening and hugely intimidating. We quickly drank up and left. I remember being really shocked, I thought all that sort of nonsense was done and dusted years ago, but apparently not.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 05 Dec 2020, 12:13 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Went on a lads golf trip to Majorca in 2014 so fairly recent. We stayed in Santa Ponsa, chosen because it was convenient for the golf and we understood it was fairly lively without being a Magaluf. We were also told it was popular with the Scots and Irish.

First night we were there we spotted an Irish bar and a couple of the lads fancied a pint or two of Guinness. There were about 12 of us and the bar was rammed. It soon became apparent that it was full of Irish. As soon as they heard our accents the whole of the pub started singing anti-English and pro IRA songs. It was really threatening and hugely intimidating. We quickly drank up and left. I remember being really shocked, I thought all that sort of nonsense was done and dusted years ago, but apparently not.

Can't imagine that happening that scenario happening anywhere in the USA, let alone a resort town.

GPB

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 06 Dec 2020, 8:49 pm

How many European Course have "Cave Bunkers"?

https://twitter.com/GolfDigest/status/1335686713381883904

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 06 Dec 2020, 10:44 pm

Clutch win by Viktor. I really like this kid. Always seems to smiling.

He is now the flourth highest ranked European, only Rahm, Rory and Hatton ahead of him.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 6:04 am

Just a few weeks ago you were saying he couldnt be world number 1. Care to change your mind?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 6:06 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Went on a lads golf trip to Majorca in 2014 so fairly recent. We stayed in Santa Ponsa, chosen because it was convenient for the golf and we understood it was fairly lively without being a Magaluf. We were also told it was popular with the Scots and Irish.

I'm not trying to harsh, but it serves you right for being  crass and tacky enough to go to an Irish bar in the first place to be fair.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 07 Dec 2020, 10:16 am

You sound like a right laugh Super Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 10:22 am

I'm just not the sort of person who when abroad can't go 5 minutes without food or drink from home. Did you take British tea bags with you too?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 07 Dec 2020, 12:24 pm

Fair enough. I guess though for most people on a boys golf trip, the evenings entertainment is an important and enjoyable part of the holiday. Each to their own though of course OK

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 07 Dec 2020, 12:49 pm

super_realist wrote:

I'm not trying to harsh, but it serves you right for being  crass and tacky enough to go to an Irish bar in the first place to be fair.

I have to agree with super here. Sounds like exactly the sort of British tourists that give us a bad name. Why on earth after hearing an area was popular with the Scots and Irish would you think that was a classy place to go?
McLaren
McLaren

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 07 Dec 2020, 2:21 pm

I didn't say I expected it to be classy. When you're away with a group of lads there's always a few who are on limited budgets and plans have to be made accordingly. Anyway you want somewhere where there is a bit of life in the evenings surely? Maybe I'd been lucky, but most Irish I had met up to that point were good fun and good company.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 07 Dec 2020, 2:26 pm

Blue

I have been to Spain many times and found plenty of bars full of local people having a good time and with a good atmosphere. Find a bar that does old school tapas (or whatever the regions equivalent is) when a big La Liga game is on and it will be one of the most fun evenings you can have.

Also the Irish are fine, I just don't get why British people seek out the scummiest bars and restaurants (which just serve UK food) while abroad?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 2:46 pm

Local bars are invariably cheaper than tourist traps, but you won't have to drink repulsive standard British beer and lager like Carling and you won't have to put up with boorish British louts either. Getting out of Britain is ample relief from actually being British. The last thing I would want to do is find an Irish bar full of Brits and Irish and drink horrid stout.

Went to Portugal on a stag weekend once. It was absolutely hideous, just full of egg and chips, Coronation Street watching, tea bag packing, underclass, subhuman Brits abroad.

super_realist

McLaren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 07 Dec 2020, 3:07 pm

Super

This is the best take you have ever had on anything.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 3:13 pm

Obviously you can't really "be like a local" on a short trip abroad, but at the very least you can eat and drink local food and drink and avoid British/Irish bars.

super_realist

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 07 Dec 2020, 3:29 pm

super_realist wrote:Went to Portugal on a stag weekend once. It was absolutely hideous, just full of egg and chips, Coronation Street watching, tea bag packing, underclass, subhuman Brits abroad.

I didn't realize we had already met. I wish I'd known, I would have popped over and said hello Wink

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 07 Dec 2020, 3:39 pm

super_realist wrote:Just a few weeks ago you were saying he couldnt be world number 1. Care to change your mind?

Do you have a citation for that or are you just making sh*t up again like you frequently do?

Spoiler:

Should be easy enough to research, because this is about the only thread (and possibly the Euro Tour thread) that I would talk about him.

And even if I did say it, how wouldn't be hypocritical to say that I like him and that he is always smiling and he is the 4th highest rank European.

I think Viktor has as good as chance of being number as any player ranked in the mid teens. He could, but history indicates that is not very likely.

=============

BlueCoverman wrote:You sound like a right laugh Super

I have always opined that Super is a lot of fun at Parties.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 3:44 pm

Not that unlikely when 33% of the top 15 have been  number 1.

As for being at parties, at least I wouldn't bang on about the Hall of Fame.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 07 Dec 2020, 4:01 pm

Super

Winning the Mayakoba isn't exactly a nailed on predictor of being future no.1.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 4:05 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Winning the Mayakoba isn't exactly a nailed on predictor of being future no.1.

Didn't claim it was Mac, but his rise has been pretty meteoric. How long has he been collecting points?
He's had a lot of great results and getting to number one is about consistency. Next stop top 10, then who knows.

For me he is the brightest star coming out of Europe, and he may well never get to number one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 07 Dec 2020, 4:11 pm

Super, still waiting on that citation on what I allegedly said a couple of weeks ago.

I need some clarity.

Are you saying that a 33% chance of something happening is something that is likely to happen?

If not please clarify your post because I sure don't want to take it out of context.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 4:20 pm

GPB wrote:Super, still waiting on that citation on what I allegedly said a couple of weeks ago.

I need some clarity.

Are you saying that a 33% chance of something happening is something that is likely to happen?

If not please clarify your post because I sure don't want to take it out of context.

I can't be bothered looking, go back yourself if you like.
We were talking about who could be the next number one and as usual you were dismissive of any European doing it, and Morikawa if I recall.
No, i didn't say he's got a 33% chance or that it makes it likely. .

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 07 Dec 2020, 4:36 pm

Super

You are not remembering that properly. GPB said he didn't think Morikawa would get to No.1. He didn't comment on Hovland.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 4:43 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

You are not remembering that properly. GPB said he didn't think Morikawa would get to No.1. He didn't comment on Hovland.

He gave a list of who would have a chance. Hovland wasn't one of them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 07 Dec 2020, 6:09 pm

super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:Super, still waiting on that citation on what I allegedly said a couple of weeks ago.

I need some clarity.

I can't be bothered looking, go back yourself if you like.
We were talking about who could be the next number one and as usual you were dismissive of any European doing it, and Morikawa if I recall.
No, i didn't say he's got a 33% chance or that it makes it likely. .

I am not about to go search for something that I know does not exist. You made this accusation about me, it is up to you to substantiate it,. Until you can prove, you are just an admitted liar. Some things never change.

What is it about me saying that I like Viktor that you don't understand. Nationality has nothing to do on whether I like a golfer. Lots of Yank golfers I don't like, but I can tell you that if I like a player, it has nothing to do with superficial qualities. Unlike yourself.

I don't like Bubba, or Patrick Reed, or even Tiger Woods. All of them Yanks. I like Hovland, Fleetwood, Rory, and many other European Golfers. The flag next to their name is irrelevant. The fact that they might have excess number of chins or spindly legs is also irrelevant. Their beliefs is also irrelevant.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 07 Dec 2020, 7:15 pm

GPB wrote:What Player, who has never been #1, will be the next number one

As for international players, I don't see any player who could ascend to #1, who hasn't already been #1.

Ahem....

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 07 Dec 2020, 7:37 pm

Correct, I did say that.

As per usual, That wasn't my entire post, now was it?

Of course it wasn't.  

Lets quote the entire post, shall we?

GPB wrote:What Player, who has never been #1, will be the next newbie player to be #1

I guess DeChambeau is the most likely candidate but if given reasonable odds I would take Cantlay before BDC. I think Wolff has a chance to be #1 one day.

I don't think Morikawa will ever get there, nor Xander.

As for international players, I don't see any player who could ascend to #1, who hasn't already been #1.

The post was about who the next Newbie #1 would be.  I didn't, and still don't think Hovland will be the next newbie #1.  Certainly never intended to say that there will never be another newbie international player who might later become the OWGR #1.

What a plank you are.

Last edited by GPB on Tue 08 Dec 2020, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Dec 2020, 5:50 am

Careful GPB, people have been banned for that.

From your statement you claimed that aside from previous number ones the next number one would be a Yank.
Not necessarily true now is it with the likes of Hatton or Hovland around, maybe even a Fleetwood if he got a wriggle on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Dec 2020, 9:15 am

Super

Hovland will not be number one anytime soon. Why does this bother you so much?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Dec 2020, 9:17 am

It doesn't, I'm just splitting hairs with the illiterate pedant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Dec 2020, 1:10 pm

What are you on about? You picked the fight about Hovland, you literally concocted it yourself. GPB or indeed anyone who follows golf knows that there isn't a European who has broken through in the last year or two who will get to number one anytime soon.

That isn't to say there are not good players coming through just a reflection of who is already in the top 5 and how they are playing.

And on Hovland, do you really consider him to have come through the European system? He went to US college and couldn't have taken a more typical US player route to the PGAT.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 08 Dec 2020, 3:17 pm

I didnt claim he would be number 1, I simply said it was possible he could do. He's already risen meteorically (as have Wolff, Morikawa etc) so if he kept it going there's no reason he (or half a dozen others) couldn't eventually make number one. Look how quickly Rahm did it.
Not even really sure how you can argue against it. If you're already that high up the rankings then you're better placed than anyone below you.
I don't care any more about his college career than I do about that of any other non American player. It will never make him a US player. Are Julian Suri, or Peter Uihlein considered European because most of their careers have been here?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 08 Dec 2020, 4:30 pm

Tyrrell Hatton -

MC in the PGA Championship in August
MC in the US Open in September
MC in the Masters in November

Yep he is trending well to be the Number 1 OWGR. Newsflash, players don't usually ascend to #1 by missing cuts in Majors championships.

Tommy Fleetwood has not finished better than 19th on the PGATour since the restart.

Yep he is trending well to be the Number 1 OWGR. Newsflash, Players don't usually ascend to the #1 by finishing outside the Top 10 in PGATournaments.

I made the statement that I think the next player to be #1 who hasn't already been #1 is going to be an American. I really don't think that is going out on a limb.

Admittedly, 7 weeks after I made that provocative statement, Hovland is looking like the most likely international candidate to be a newbie #1.

But lets examine the numbers a little more. Hovalnd (4.5) is 8.4 points behind Dustin Johnson (12.9) as of right now. Yevgeney Kafelnikov is closer to overtaking Rory McIlroy for the #4 OWGR rankings as he is less than 7.5 points away from overtaking Rory.

Furthermore, this gets a little more technical so I am not sure Super can handle it, Viktor is at a 41 tournament divisor. (nearly) everytime he plays a tournament, he will be adding an event to his divisor. When he plays Maui next month, his divisor increases to 42 events, etc, etc. Every added event makes his hurdle a little bit higher. that hurdle also affects Morikawa and Wolff as soon as they reach 40 events. This is a competitive disadvantage for all "rookies" who haven't populated their resume.

Dechambeau, and Cantlay have a two year resume, so they are dropping events from the resume as they add them.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 08 Dec 2020, 4:34 pm

And BTW....Super just opined

Super wrote:I simply said it was possible he could do. He's already risen meteorically (as have Wolff, Morikawa etc) so if he kept it going there's no reason he (or half a dozen others) couldn't eventually make number one. Look how quickly Rahm did it.

"Eventually make number 1"

hmmmmmmmm.  What is it about  

GPB wrote:What Player, who has never been #1, will be the next newbie player to be #1

that you don't understand?

Last edited by GPB on Tue 08 Dec 2020, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 08 Dec 2020, 6:33 pm

Super, this is your football opinions all over again. You don't watch or know anything about the PGAT (or pro golf in general) and yet you are battling to the bitter end about exactly what chance Hovland has of being the next new number 1. Morikawa, Wolf, Im, BDC, Simpson, Cantlay. Hell even Fatprick. Are all competing for that honour. To say you don't think Hovland (or anyone else) isn't the most likely out of that group isn't an insult to anyone. Why have you taken this so badly?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 10 Dec 2020, 4:06 pm

Dear God almighty! Please can I suggest this stops now?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 10 Dec 2020, 7:46 pm

Now don't go spoiling all the fun Navy! Wink Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 11 Dec 2020, 4:12 pm

Really interesting review from Rick Shiels (who has tour level swing speeds) on the difference in 20 years of the pro v.
Conclusion of the testing of wedge, 7 iron and driver reveal almost zero difference in distance between the two balls.

Is there any point in winding back a ball when there have been such little gains in 20 years? I've always said gains are being made in club technology, better shafts and massive increases in swing speed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 11 Dec 2020, 4:21 pm

Thing is super it doesn't really matter what element got us to the current distance position, but you can come up with a ball that takes x% of a players distance away to combat it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next