The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest of the World

+18
Galted
Maine man
VTR
hampo17
sirfredperry
king_carlos
James100
guildfordbat
eirebilly
JDizzle
Duty281
Soul Requiem
alfie
Good Golly I'm Olly
Pal Joey
KP_fan
msp83
Gooseberry
22 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Rest of the World - Page 10 Empty Rest of the World

Post by Gooseberry Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 19:14

First topic message reminder :

Duty281 wrote:
JDizzle wrote:
Duty281 wrote:So the most likely scenario is an Australia/New Zealand final at Lord's.

There are many things wrong with the WTC - points system is convulsed and perhaps not particularly fair - but Test cricket at neutral venues is something worth getting excited about! Shame it is only one game.

Yeah, I can't personally say that I am a fan of the WTC. The points system doesn't work properly, fixtures are of unequal value and weighting, and boiling an entire test championship down to one solitary fixture to decide the winner doesn't seem right to me.

That said, I think that Australia and New Zealand are the two best test teams in the world right now and, if that is the final, it would be the right fixture. A shame, as you say, that it's only one game and not, at least, a three-game series.

The current system is a temporary fudge to get around the unforseen situation and make the best of whatever fixtures could be fulfilled.

Had it gone to plan all the teams wouldve played home and away fixtures and had equal opportunities to earn points. That hasnt been the case, but at the same time I dont think anyone can argue theres not a clear top 3 teams with England sat just behind them and the rest of the world a significant step back from that.

One off game may be a bit unfair in that the toss could well play a major part in deciding it, but its always been about providing a focused big televised event rather than genuine competition. However the remaining fixtures pan out we should end up with two teams who deserve to be in the final even if New Zealand have just played at home. A long series in a neutral country just isn't viable in the modern calendar or that interesting to anything other than the hardcore fans.

Gooseberry

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rest of the World - Page 10 Empty Re: Rest of the World

Post by Gooseberry Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 14:51

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:You have to admire Mitch Marsh's ability to never play a match winning innings, but simultaneously play an innings which continues to give selectors/coaches hope to keep him in the side

Short memory

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/england-v-australia-2020-1198223/england-vs-australia-3rd-t20i-1198237/full-scorecard

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 12:08

Has anyone been following the PSL?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 11:25

Apparently the west Indian selectors only bothered watching one match

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 17:48

eirebilly wrote:Has anyone been following the PSL?

Loosely eirebilly, caught some of Shaheen bowling, he’s a joy to watch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 17:50

Have been following the NZ/Aus t20 stuff, the Aussie backup seamers are not good

Albeit NZ have a good lineup now Guptill is firing again, and some superb uniforms
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 19:16

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Have been following the NZ/Aus t20 stuff, the Aussie backup seamers are not good

Albeit NZ have a good lineup now Guptill is firing again, and some superb uniforms
I've caught some highlights but not seen any of it live Olly.

I really rate Jhye Richardson and think he could be a fantastic bowler in all formats with more experience. Kane Richardson is a steady hand who bowls well at the death (Australia's Chris Jordan as it were) and Daniel Sims seems an attempt to still have a left-armer without Starc. Starc is possibly the best white ball bowler in the world though so they'll always struggle without him.

Both sides don't have the best batting depth below the top 6 it must be said. Santner and Agar batting 7 then the bowlers. Sims can hit a long ball for Australia at 8, as can Southee and Jamieson for New Zealand but not the deepest batting lineups.

I could see New Zealand doing well at the world T20. Sodhi and Santner are very reliable T20 spinners backed by Boult and Southee's experience with Jamieson a dangerous bowler. With Guptill back and Glenn Phillips added the top 6 looks dangerous with the bat. Jimmy Neesham has developed into a pretty useful all rounder as well.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 19:33

To be honest Carlos I don't think Jamieson looks any good for T20 as a bowler, particularly in India. It's baffling to me he's been given a record setting IPL deal based off a few good tests...he looks to be a fantastic line and length bowler from his height, fantastic for test match cricket...for T20, that's slot bowling and based off this series so far his change up deliveries are not good.

Think they could do with finding another all rounder to help lengthen the order in his spot for the World T20
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 23:33

Afghanistan and Zimbabwe are playing a two-test series against each other in the UAE, starting tomorrow. Afghanistan's test journey has started out decently with two wins from four (beating Bangladesh and Ireland) and they'll presumably be confident of adding at least another win in friendly conditions, even if the squad is littered with debutants and unknowns. Zimbabwe are eager to rebuild their status as a test nation and seem to have a fairly balanced team, with the young, talented Wesley Madhevere set to make his test debut.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 10:02

Incredible start for Zimbabwe, who were 6/1 to win this test...they've bowled Afghanistan out for 131 before tea on day one, with the returning Blessing Muzarabani taking four wickets.

FYI - this is on Freesports TV (Sky 422 and on their website), if you fancy a watch. Caught a few overs so far, and wicket looks to be offering assistance to seamers, which seeing as the Afghans have selected only one must be a worry for them!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 10:05

Someone should lodge a complaint about the pitch

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 11:22

I gave Wesley Madhevere a right old jinx as he starts his test career with a first-ball duck.

Puts Hamza on a hat-trick...just about seen off. Zimbabwe 42/4 and the Afghans are back on top.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 11:38

what?
are they too playing in ahmedabad Shocked
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 17:20

Zimbabwe recovered to 133/5, the old hand of Sean Williams guiding them to a good overnight position.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 9:38

Zimbabwe made it all the way upto 250, with a hundred from Williams, and now Afghanistan are 21-4 in response...another potential two day test incoming!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 12:18

A battling 76 from Zadran kept Afghanistan afloat for a little while, and ensured they dodged an innings defeat, but he had little support from others.

Zimbabwe need 17 runs to net a test victory inside two days.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 16:22

Thats even worse reading than the England scorecard, the 17 runs that meant Zimbabwe had to bat again came from extras. Poor effort.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 20:14

Will put it in here, save clogging up the other thread - but England Women are out in NZ at the moment. If you hadn't seen Alex Hartley's tweet.

They won the ODI Series 2-1 and absolutely crushed NZ in the first T20 the other day. Tammy Beaumont was in superb form in the ODIs, averaging 230! Knight, Sciver and Jones also contributed but no-one else averaged above 11.

Similar story with the ball - Brunt, Sciver and Ecclestone stood out in the absence of Shrubsole. Telling that NZ won Game 3 comfortable when Brunt was rotated.

I know I have banged on this point for before, but they don't seem to be able to develop new players. It's basically been the same top 6 for years. Sophia Dunkley is getting a go in the T20s, but they didn't bother to promote her even chasing a mediocre score. It's work fine against most countries in the world, but when they play Australia and Perry takes early poles and their depth isn't there they will wonder what went wrong again.

JDizzle

king_carlos and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 21:03

It's remarkable that Brunt is still at the top of the game after so long. She broke through very young. I played against her once in a warm-up game against Yorkshire Ladies when she was already an established England player but returning from injury. She ripped my off peg out the ground with an absolute pearler. I was batting well at the time too, dammit.

Beaumont is a brilliant player. She's just gone top of the ICC rankings as well.

They do seem to wait for players to retire to evolve the side though. Edwards and Taylor the only noticeable changes in the top order for a long while.

It was nice to read that Sarah Taylor is considering a return to play in the Hundred. If the pressures of international cricket were too much for her mental health then I respect her decision to step away, as much of a shame as it is it may well be the right call as it was for Trescothick. She's just too good a player to not be involved in game some capacity though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 2:59

https://twitter.com/ICC/status/1367282438905364483
Pollard smack six SIXES in an over vs SL Shocked
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 3:41

England selection bombshell as they go with four spinners - that is Bess Leach Root and Lawrence , no ? (I won't count Sibley!)

Probably means this will be a seamer's paradise  Smile

At least they (allegedly) bat deep...

OOPS Wrong thread Smile

alfie

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 4:17

KP_fan wrote:https://twitter.com/ICC/status/1367282438905364483

After a hat trick by Dananjaya earlier too, incredible!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 11:31

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
KP_fan wrote:https://twitter.com/ICC/status/1367282438905364483

After a hat trick by Dananjaya earlier too, incredible!

Can't believe I missed that! Watched the Sri Lankan innings as they scraped to a miserly score on a slow pitch. Assumed game over and wasn't interested in the West Indian innings. Then that happens!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sun 7 Mar 2021 - 7:15

At least England weren't the worst team playing in India last week

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/road-safety-world-series-2019-20-2020-21-1217118/india-legends-vs-bangladesh-legends-match-5-1217136/full-scorecard

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 12:11

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Incredible start for Zimbabwe, who were 6/1 to win this test

They've caught on, Olly, Zimbabwe seem to be best price around 13/8 for the second test! Still value though given how awful Afghanistan's batting was in the last game.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:08

Gooseberry wrote:At least England weren't the worst team playing in India last week

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/road-safety-world-series-2019-20-2020-21-1217118/india-legends-vs-bangladesh-legends-match-5-1217136/full-scorecard

Can Bangladesh really claim to have any cricketing "legends" at the moment?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:23

PaulHv2 wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:At least England weren't the worst team playing in India last week

England's 'Legends' that beat Bangladesh's 'Legends' yesterday was quite something:

Mustard, Pietersen, Maddy, Schofield, Hamilton (!), Tredwell, Tremlett, Kabir Ali, Sidebottom, Panesar and Hoggard.

I think, Pietersen apart, there are no legends in that team. 'Seniors' or 'Veterans' might have been a better idea.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:27

Duty281 wrote:
PaulHv2 wrote:

England's 'Legends' that beat Bangladesh's 'Legends' yesterday was quite something:

Mustard, Pietersen, Maddy, Schofield, Hamilton (!), Tredwell, Tremlett, Kabir Ali, Sidebottom, Panesar and Hoggard.

I think, Pietersen apart, there are no legends in that team. 'Seniors' or 'Veterans' might have been a better idea.

Think many consider Hoggard a legend after that 2005 Ashes, think that whole team earned the tag legends.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 13:07

A mention for Test newcomers Afghanistan today. In the 1st Test against Zimbabwe, Afgh were beaten in two days. Today, they have chalked up 307-3 on the opening day of the 2nd Test.

sirfredperry

hampo17 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 13:50

sirfredperry wrote:A mention for Test newcomers Afghanistan today. In the 1st Test against Zimbabwe, Afgh were beaten in two days. Today, they have chalked up 307-3 on the opening day of the 2nd Test.
Great to see Rashid Khan playing as well. Just still a shame that the likes of Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq and Mohammad Shahzad aren't involved.

The financial implications of covid have hit smaller cricketing nations very hard. They will take a long time to recover.

Scotland haven't played a game since December 2019 now. Such a shame for a side such as them who have been improving steadily. I know they aren't going to challenge for a World Cup but it is good for the games growth seeing guys like Callum McLeod, Matthew Cross and Mark Watt getting that exposure. Hopefully they can get some cricket this summer.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 14:08

hampo17 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Think many consider Hoggard a legend after that 2005 Ashes, think that whole team earned the tag legends.

I'd say that Hoggard is a bonafide modern English legend. One of the few seamers who has a marginally better away record than he did at home.

It's also worth also noting the quality of batsman that were around during his career; India, Australia, South Africa and Pakistan were jam packed with quality while the West Indies did have Lara, Chanderpaul, Gayle and Sarwan.

All things considered 248 wickets at 30.5 is a very good return.

Soul Requiem

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 14:13

king_carlos wrote:
sirfredperry wrote:A mention for Test newcomers Afghanistan today. In the 1st Test against Zimbabwe, Afgh were beaten in two days. Today, they have chalked up 307-3 on the opening day of the 2nd Test.
Great to see Rashid Khan playing as well. Just still a shame that the likes of Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq and Mohammad Shahzad aren't involved.

The financial implications of covid have hit smaller cricketing nations very hard. They will take a long time to recover.

Scotland haven't played a game since December 2019 now. Such a shame for a side such as them who have been improving steadily. I know they aren't going to challenge for a World Cup but it is good for the games growth seeing guys like Callum McLeod, Matthew Cross and Mark Watt getting that exposure. Hopefully they can get some cricket this summer.

Appears I gave the Afghans a boost by dismissing their batting after their exploits in the first test. Great opening day for them.

Test cricket isn't their strongest format, but with the spin trio of Rashid Khan/Mujeeb/Nabi, I think they're decent outsiders for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 14:53

Duty281 wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

Appears I gave the Afghans a boost by dismissing their batting after their exploits in the first test. Great opening day for them.

Test cricket isn't their strongest format, but with the spin trio of Rashid Khan/Mujeeb/Nabi, I think they're decent outsiders for the upcoming T20 World Cup.
Their T20 side could be really dangerous in Indian conditions. Many players with experience of top end T20 cricket as well. I'm just hoping that Shahzad and Gurbaz open the batting together (regardless of which has the gloves) as that partnership could really rip into bowling lineups. With Rashid Khan potentially coming in around number 9 they should bat deep too.

I do wonder what's happened to Darwish Rascooli. He really impressed at the U19 World Cup in 2018, has a spectacular record in his brief professional career but is yet to be seen for Afghanistan.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 15:10

Novelty in the Sri Lanka-West Indies first ODI (in the West Indies).

Gunathilaka has just been given out for 'obstructed the field' - looked an incredibly harsh call. Sri Lanka are furious, rightly so.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 21:18

Duty281 wrote:Novelty in the Sri Lanka-West Indies first ODI (in the West Indies).

Gunathilaka has just been given out for 'obstructed the field' - looked an incredibly harsh call. Sri Lanka are furious, rightly so.

Looked an absolute nonsense to me. Gunathilaka just backed up. Jason Roy got given out vs SA a few years ago, when he blatantly changed his line running a single. That was out, this not so much

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 2:36

Duty281 wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

Can't see the Afghans threatening the final stages of the t20 WC but they are certainly capable of causing the odd upset. Remarkable turnaround from their batsmen today ! Even if it is a road that is quite a first day scoreline...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 8:51

Afghanistan are still only three down and well past 400. Their first innings has lasted almost as long as the entire 1st Test.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 9:06

alfie wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

Can't see the Afghans threatening the final stages of the t20 WC but they are certainly capable of causing the odd upset.  Remarkable turnaround from their batsmen today ! Even if it is a road that is quite a first day scoreline...

Yeah T20 is a format that lends itself to the odd shock but the hammerings they took in the 50 over cup show theres a gulf in quality and depth. Sure Asian pitches should suit them better as will the format but feels a stretch to have them as a possible winner.

One thing to note is that they just dont ever get to play any good teams outside of world cups. Whilst most of the players have experience in T20 franchise cricket the national teams strongest opponent since the last world cup were Bangladesh and a second string West indies team. Hard to see them getting a fair crack on warm ups, and the schedule wont be built around them either.

This test series is not a great advert for test cricket with both extremes being seen so far.

4th wicket down as I type though! Second highest partnership in the UAE (famed for its flat decks) finally broken.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 11:28

Cracking double century for the Afghan batsman Shadidi this morning.

Be interesting how they bowl now though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 11:34

Shai Hope continues to confound all logic by being a very good ODI player and a garbage test player. He's very much in the Root mould of holding an innings together through accumulation rather than brute power, that in theory should make the switch to tests easier.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 12:55

Bit surprised Afghan declared. Why not bat into third day and make 700.

Of course, they thought they might get a wicket or two against tired opposition at the end of the day.

Couple of recent occasions where a declaration like this backfired. England were going like a train in Adelaide in the notorious defeat of 06-07 when they declared. Some excuse there as they were 1-0 down in the series and needed the win.

But really no excuse for what happened in Cape Town when Stokes made his 258 and Bairstow was bashing sixes for fun when Eng declared. England were 1-0 UP in that series. In the event, SA made 600 and almost won.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 14:06

sirfredperry wrote:Bit surprised Afghan declared. Why not bat into third day and make 700.

Of course, they thought they might get a wicket or two against tired opposition at the end of the day.

Couple of recent occasions where a declaration like this backfired. England were going like a train in Adelaide in the notorious defeat of 06-07 when they declared. Some excuse there as they were 1-0 down in the series and needed the win.

But really no excuse for what happened in Cape Town when Stokes made his 258 and Bairstow was bashing sixes for fun when Eng declared. England were 1-0 UP in that series. In the event, SA made 600 and almost won.
Ah Ashley Giles dropping Punter who went on to make 150-odd. A big moment in that Test. The Aussies were floundering a bit at that stage having lost 3 quick wickets responding to the declaration. Then Punter, Hussey and Clarke all make runs and England capitulate.

I know that it's not as simple as 'if that drop didn't happen'. Maybe Hussey would have made a double ton anyway had Giles held that catch. Maybe Gilly smashes a 50 ball century. Or just maybe Austrlia might have followed on and Hayden could've smashed a triple ton second innings. With that Australia team at home you never knew. But that was a significant drop with England going well for once in that disastrous tour.

A situation where I really felt for the England captain there. Vaughan injured, Trescothick struggling, Harmison all over the shop, Bell wasn't ready for number 3, Hoggard and Jimmy (at that stage) not suited to the conditions, Giles vs Warne as spinners, Flintoff half fit himself. Then that Australia side looking to go out on a high. Brutal combination.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 16:50

That last day at Adelaide was one of England's worst in an Ashes series. They contrived to lose after being 100 ahead with nine wickets left. Little wonder it was 5-0 after that.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 6:20

The 2nd test between Zim & Afg is seemingly being played on what msp calls a Road
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 7:50

As only one wicket fell yesterday, Afghan will be pleased to have got Z two down at lunch.

Update: Z now SIX down. Big turn around.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 9:55

Duty281 wrote:I gave Wesley Madhevere a right old jinx as he starts his test career with a first-ball duck.

Two first-ball ducks for him now!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 13:25

Terrific effort by Afghanistan to bowl Z out and enforce the follow-on.

This must be one of the biggest turnarounds in Test history - to follow a two-day innings defeat with a 500 first innings total and making the other side f-on.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 16:35

Yep, a really good performance so far from Afghanistan.

With their strong spinners I'm not sure I'd have enforced the follow on. Probably have preferred looking to put 200 runs on the board and declare in the afternoon session.

Still a good position to be in though no doubt.

Great to see Rashid Khan going through a decent number of Test overs and taking wickets. It sounds like he was rusty at times but that's no surprise given he hasn't played a red ball game since 2019.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 17:37

I, too, was a little surprised A did not bat again. But there were only a few overs to go on the third evening and the usual thing for captains is to ask the bowlers if they're happy to go again.

You can't help but wonder, though, if Z bat like mad and, say, make 400 odd that A could be left with a tricky total to make to win.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 18:13

It's the higher risk strategy by Afghanistan. More likely to bring a result either way and all but takes the draw out of things unless Zimbabwe can bat all day tomorrow for only a few down.

A game well set for a fun final two days.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 4:32

Duty281 wrote:Novelty in the Sri Lanka-West Indies first ODI (in the West Indies).

Just got around to looking at this one...bizarre decision to give him out ! On field and TV umpires should be shot (metaphorically speaking , of course)
Looked to be nothing in it but a batsman trying to get back in his crease. He obviously didn't need to move the ball or block the fielder to do so...just nearly trod on the ball stepping backwards. The idea that he was trying to take an advantage seems ridiculous. Silly appeal , sillier decision.

If those umpires had been on duty last night I suppose Bairstow would have been given out for copping one on the back of his helmet at the non-striker's end while trying to duck Smile

alfie

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next