The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA.

4 posters

Go down

Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA. Empty Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA.

Post by cpunk Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

He had the following to say recently on his blogpost -

"A few days ago, I woke up to the harsh realization that leaving Impact Wrestling meant I couldn't take my kids to Universal Studios any time I pleased anymore. No Mummy or Simpsons without waiting, no post pre-tape rides on the Hulk-coaster. A few days from now, I will come face to face with an even harsher reality; for the first time in several years, there will be no paycheck awaiting me in the Foley mailbox. So with those two realities coinciding, I think it's only fair that I've been asking myself whether working for TNA (Impact Wrestling) was really all that bad.

The answer I keep coming to is "no" - it really wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was pretty good. Sometimes it was really good. I was treated treated with respect, paid well, and pretty much liked everyone I worked with... including Russo, Hogan and Bischoff, in case you were wondering."

Considering the circumstances, and the rumors behind him going back to WWE - would you like to see him at WWE?

http://www.straightedgereport.com/2011/06/mick-foley-confirms-leaving-tna.html

cpunk

http://www.straightedgereport.com

Back to top Go down

Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA. Empty Re: Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA.

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

If everyone liked him, why did he get dumped so quickly.

Something doesn't add up.

Back to top Go down

Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA. Empty Re: Its official - Mick Foley leaving TNA.

Post by crippledtart Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

The reason given internally for his firing was that he was difficult to work with.

It seems likely that he asked too many questions of the people running the company, who don't have any of the answers because they are incompetent buffoons.

Just because he personally liked them doesn't mean they weren't useless at running a wrestling company.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

Almost everyone who worked with Foley has said he's got a great mind for the business, they can't all be wrong, surely it wouldn't have been to hard to listen to his ideas

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

I think Mick Foley would do well in the WWE; however with the return of the Rock and Austin in recent months his return would have to be dramatic otherwise I think it would seem underwhelming. If he was given the Raw GM job then that would give him a high profile and be a figurehead of authority. However, I would rather he come back as one of his wrestling personas rather than just Mick Foley - Cactus Jack would probably be the best gimmick as Mankind would be too dark and Dude Love too silly for a GM role. I also think he should have an agenda to really stamp his mark on Raw but not in a Hulk Hogan type of way.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Almost everyone who worked with Foley has said he's got a great mind for the business, they can't all be wrong, surely it wouldn't have been to hard to listen to his ideas

I totally agree. He usually sounds very tuned-in to me. But we are talking about TNA where the default position of management is head buried in sand.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down