The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 Feb 2021, 1:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu 11 Feb 2021, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 12 Apr 2021, 1:30 pm

lostinwales wrote:He said it was terrible.

Did he say anything about Gal Gadot though?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon 12 Apr 2021, 2:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
lostinwales wrote:He said it was terrible.

Did he say anything about Gal Gadot though?

He did describe the scene where she is introduced and how stupid it was (armed guards in an English bank, air burst high explosives, the need to destroy half a building to kill the last bad guy when all others were taken out with minimal collateral damage, and an incredibly cheesy line to one of the school children who just happened to be visiting the bank, as they do, when everything kicks off). He is 16, so regardless of what he actually thinks he's not going to say anything.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 12 Apr 2021, 5:47 pm

I watched Uncut Gems on the weekend. Not bad.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 12 Apr 2021, 7:05 pm

Galted wrote:I watched Uncut Gems on the weekend. Not bad.

I thought it was ok. Didn’t really get into it like some people.

I’ve been watching The Boys on Prime. Excellent first series.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 12 Apr 2021, 7:32 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Galted wrote:I watched Uncut Gems on the weekend. Not bad.

I thought it was ok. Didn’t really get into it like some people.

I’ve been watching The Boys on Prime. Excellent first series.

Second series also excellent. I really think the Boys is one of the best things on telly if you don't mind the gore.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 13 Apr 2021, 8:35 am

Fist, loving Flippers location.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Apr 2021, 9:34 am

Scones.

Yes, it's good isn't it? Very descriptive and he covers all bases.

How are you going Rick?

First bit of cool air here since last year. Need to find my folded away tracky-dacks - as they call them here.
Or try and tough it out until the 25th...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 13 Apr 2021, 9:42 am

Going well here dude, weather is warming up and beer gardens are full of d1ckheads, almost like back to normal.

Though i think that folk are still crowding too much too early, but I will wait and see, and hope to be wrong. Looks like I may even get my jab soon as well.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Apr 2021, 9:57 am

Yes, saw some West Yorkshire lass opening up her pub on the news last night. She's converted a car park into a beer garden-type wooden deck.
It looked like Daniel Boon's back porch with a few hardy drinkers huddled together in what looked like après ski clothing.

Meant to ask you.. I also saw something about a proposal to build apartments at Wuthering Heights. They said it was near Keighley, which was where Jeff was located, wasn't it? It would be a shame if they covered the moors with buildings and car parks. You need bleak, underpopulated places still - just to make things more interesting and challenging for the police body searchers, no?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:04 am

Pal Joey wrote:You need bleak, underpopulated places still - just to make things more interesting and challenging for the police body searchers, no?

Indeed. SerialDAVE needs somewhere to store his dismembered bodies.

Talking of dismembered, shame that Superfly is dead. Wouldn't say I liked him, but he made me chuckle from time to time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:14 am

Maybe he got into a tangle with Hugh Jackman over his comments about Prisoners?

Who was it that bumped into him at Chicago airport late at night, wearing sunglasses and abusing airport staff... with words like "Do you know who I am? Open those darn departure gates!" He was probably knackered after a long day filming Prisoners.

Was that Super or Galted? Always chuckle when I think of that.

I have another story about him. A little sad.

His Mum walked out on the family when he was 8. When he got off from School (Knox Grammar in northern Sydney) his Dad was still at work and poor little Hugh was locked out of the house. Apparently he sat on the front steps for ages until someone noticed and made the phone call to his Dad.

I'm familiar with the area and the street where he lived. Sometimes I go and have a quiet coffee with Mum on a street nearby. That thought (above) always sends a bit of a chill.... it's a bit spooky really. No wonder he's gone on to such success.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:28 am

Pal Joey wrote:Maybe he got into a tangle with Hugh Jackman over his comments about Prisoners?

Who was it that bumped into him at Chicago airport late at night, wearing sunglasses and abusing airport staff... with words like "Do you know who I am? Open those darn departure gates!" He was probably knackered after a long day filming Prisoners.

That was me! How can you forget that PJ! I used to moan about that relentlessly. I'd kind of got over it but you've really opened some wounds there. Jackman is a proper as*hole. He is known as some "nice guy of Hollywood" but I know the truth.

Not only was it late at night, it was freezing cold. It was a Michigan winter and he was wearing a tight vest top showing off his muscles. Wearing sunglasses. At night. Indoors. W*nker.

Plus there is no way he was travelling cattle class like the rest of us. So he'd actively left the business lounge to come and entertain us all.

I need to lay down for a bit now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:33 am

Pal Joey wrote:Yes, saw some West Yorkshire lass opening up her pub on the news last night. She's converted a car park into a beer garden-type wooden deck.
It looked like Daniel Boon's back porch with a few hardy drinkers huddled together in what looked like après ski clothing.

Meant to ask you.. I also saw something about a proposal to build apartments at Wuthering Heights. They said it was near Keighley, which was where Jeff was located, wasn't it? It would be a shame if they covered the moors with buildings and car parks. You need bleak, underpopulated places still - just to make things more interesting and challenging for the police body searchers, no?

Aye Bronte country is just up the road though, it's pretty protected.  Usually when this happens, as I am sure you see in your profession, they will put this in expecting to get knocked back, and then get approved for somewhere less contentious, which would've been highly contentious prior to this request, if that makes sense?

Anyhoo, Jeff can use his influencer status to protect it.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:38 am

Pal Joey wrote:Maybe he got into a tangle with Hugh Jackman over his comments about Prisoners?

That was me! How can you forget that PJ! I used to moan about that relentlessly. I'd kind of got over it but you've really opened some wounds there. Jackman is a proper as*hole. He is known as some "nice guy of Hollywood" but I know the truth.

Not only was it late at night, it was freezing cold. It was a Michigan winter and he was wearing a tight vest top showing off his muscles. Wearing sunglasses. At night. Indoors. W*nker.

Plus there is no way he was travelling cattle class like the rest of us. So he'd actively left the business lounge to come and entertain us all.

I need to lay down for a bit now.

Sorry, Tino.

I was almost going to say so but had Super on my mind for some reason. Yeah, he was definitely out of order when you experienced his outburst. No excuses for that... even being abandoned as a child one afternoon.

Have a good lie down and get your pulse back to normal. Forget that I forgot it was you.

Rick,
I know exactly what you mean. A 'softening up' false building application to test the waters then fire another bigger one at them later on.

Funny you should mention, I was at a Developers Forum the other night - over a thousand of them there. Biggest bunch a sleazy, oily, greedy f*ckers in the one place. No wonder we've been having problems with shonky buildings - that was the topic of the night.

The NSW Building Commissioner laid down the new law or Act (starting July1) like the new sheriff who rides into town waving his little pistol. His basic message was: there is nowhere to hide... we're onto you. Developers and builders will now need to be fully registered (not just licensed) and undergo yearly testing like us architects.

The fallout from the Grenfell Towers disaster was part of the problem here too with flammable wall panels (on a smaller scale) but the biggest problems are waterproofing, structural (under spec, poorly constructed) and general building services including fire. Then their private certifier 'mates' sign off on it all. They are in the firing line too now. It has been getting out of hand in the last 10-15 years especially. This new Commissioner's mantra is "bring back the Trustworthiness in building". Good luck! Someone will probably try and knock him off... sparks will be flying for sure. Should be fun...

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:51 am

Morning all. Watched The Greatest Showman and Logan last night. That Hugh Jackman bloke - what a star he is! All singing, all dancing, all chopping people to bits. Versatile and charismatic. I defy anyone not to like him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 11:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning all. Watched The Greatest Showman and Logan last night. That Hugh Jackman bloke - what a star he is! All singing, all dancing, all chopping people to bits. Versatile and charismatic. I defy anyone not to like him.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Apr 2021, 11:03 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning all. Watched The Greatest Showman and Logan last night. That Hugh Jackman bloke - what a star he is! All singing, all dancing, all chopping people to bits. Versatile and charismatic. I defy anyone not to like him.

C*nt.

Yep, me and Will Ferrell.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 11:05 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

C*nt.

Yep, me and Will Ferrell.

And Jack Whitehall.

Jackman, Marx, Whitehall and Ferrell. Sounds like the sort of law firm that riCKo works at. And Superfly before he died.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 13 Apr 2021, 11:28 am

Strong split progress

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 Apr 2021, 11:40 am

Russell Howard is also a c*nt.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 11:47 am

Galted wrote:Russell Howard is also a c*nt.

Jackman, Marx, Whitehall, Howard and Ferrell.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:02 pm

Cheers, Tino. Perhaps 'Howard' should change to 'Russell' to include Russell Brand.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:06 pm

Cheers Tino. Perhaps 'Marx' should change to 'Brand' as I'm not a c*nt who bans posters on a whim (probably).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:24 pm

Jackman, Brand, Whitehall, Howard, Sandler and Ferrell.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:25 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote: I'm not a c*nt who bans posters on a whim (probably).

I definitely don't think you ban people on a whim, Jules.

Jackman, Marx, Whitehall, Howard, Brand and Ferrell

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:32 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Jackman, Brand, Whitehall, Howard, Sandler and Ferrell.

Jackman, Marx, Brand, Whitehall, Howard, Sandler, Ashwin and Ferrell.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Apr 2021, 1:49 pm

Had one of those sessions recently where I watched quite a few old Benny Hill episodes on youtube.

Of course some skits haven't dated very well at all but I nearly wet myself watching some of them. The audience laughter made things even funnier. Someone had a really bad cough in the audience too... back when it was OK to do so in an enclosed space. Humans are pretty resilient generally.

The one where Henry McGee dressed as the housewife puts a large rat trap on the breakfast table when he's reading behind the newspaper and fumbling for the butter with his hand. He then puts the hot iron to his face thinking it's the phone. Also getting off a bike a stepping on a rake twice; both front and back. Puerile humour I know but there shouldn't be a law against that sort of entertainment. I hadn't laughed so hard... for a while.

Then of course my favourite skit: Woodstick. Breaks every rule. That must have had jolly good fun making that. Catchy music too.

They don't make good white humour like that anymore.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 13 Apr 2021, 2:36 pm

You can play "Spot Daphne from Frasier" in Benny Hill

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 13 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm

John Attenborough should join that list. Given the same advantages as his two brothers and did the square root of f.ck all with it

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:09 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

John Attenborough should join that list. Given the same advantages as his two brothers and did the square root of f.ck all with it

Ouch, had no idea such a person existed.

Was going to suggest that being a Culture Cup C*nt would be just the kickstart his career needs but I see the poor bugger's dead.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Apr 2021, 8:18 am

Fist. Happy Splitday!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Apr 2021, 8:49 am

Sicond.

Morning Jules.

Only 10 to go. I'll log off in a minute... there's no way I want to be up there again.

I'd like to see Lost or Shah get the 991st.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 14 Apr 2021, 8:51 am

I always prefer the 990.

Tird

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 Apr 2021, 8:52 am

Missed the medals, and I don't care, cause Splitday comes but once a year.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Apr 2021, 9:02 am

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

Morning Jules.

Only 10 to go. I'll log off in a minute... there's no way I want to be up there again.

You say that, but we all know that each and every one of us covets the split.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Apr 2021, 9:14 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Morning Jules.

I don't. It is beneath me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 14 Apr 2021, 9:56 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Morning Jules.

How far beneath?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Apr 2021, 9:59 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Morning Jules.

OK. Maybe slightly so.

However, I certainly do not covet my neighbours.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Apr 2021, 10:10 am

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Morning Jules.

How far beneath?

Only a few posts beneath me, LiW.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Apr 2021, 10:17 am

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Morning Jules.

How far beneath?

We shall see in 2 posts time - when Tino 'innocently' posts a review of the latest zombie p0rn flick that he streamed after Mrs. Tino was asleep.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Apr 2021, 10:18 am

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20