The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I see Hampo is looking for people to volunteer to participate in a movie review podcast.  I'd only do it we were allowed to review films in the style of the reviews over on the film thread.  

I do need to post a review of a film I saw over the weekend called Killer Joe. The problem is, I fell asleep with 15 minutes to go. Might just bluff it and see if anyone has actually watched it through.

The ending is brilliant.

Laugh

i got it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:11 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I see Hampo is looking for people to volunteer to participate in a movie review podcast.  I'd only do it we were allowed to review films in the style of the reviews over on the film thread.  

I do need to post a review of a film I saw over the weekend called Killer Joe. The problem is, I fell asleep with 15 minutes to go. Might just bluff it and see if anyone has actually watched it through.

The ending is brilliant.

Laugh

i got it.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Ffs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:53 am

Ham fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:17 am

Sick sicond, silly folks have made a balls up of the VPN change which is causing many issues this morn.

You well, Peej?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:19 am

ITird

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:50 am

Pre nine fort. This isn't normal. I guess people have work to do.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:03 am

I'm not as happy with my fifth as Beethoven was with his. I know that I can do better and that is my intention.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Sick sicond, silly folks have made a balls up of the VPN change which is causing many issues this morn.

You well, Peej?

Yes, I'm feelin' fine thanks Ricko.

Very nice weather here in early autumn. I'm busy with pleasant and enjoyable work and I've not encountered any killer arachnids lately.

How are you going Great Northern One?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 am

I'm OK cheers, mate.

Grey and drizzly here but barring that things seem to be going swimmingly.

Speaking to a friend in NZ yesterday and she was at a full blown wedding at the weekend, I was quite jealous.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:07 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

Speaking to a friend in NZ yesterday and she was at a full blown wedding at the weekend, I was quite jealous.

Do they want to buy a bespoke wedding dress from a small business?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm

I will ask the nice lady if she wants one for her next wedding, if you know the best way to approach the couple with the suggestion, let me know.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:12 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I will ask the nice lady if she wants one for her next wedding, if you know the best way to approach the couple with the suggestion, let me know.

You're the lawyer, rICk. You'll know more than me how to approach them.

Just tell her I can do her a very, very good deal at the moment for their inevitable divorce. Think of the savings.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:18 pm

I guess I could approach with a pre-nup.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:40 pm

One of my work colleagues is currently based on the Isle of Man. The bastide was going to the pub. They have just gone into lockdown so he's heading back to Manchester soon.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:24 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t59303p100-culture-cup-2-0-round-5

Some great stuff on there. Page 3 is a real standout but the whole thing is borderline genius.

Jules on particularly good form with "deboos".

Pretty peak Superfly as well. Turning michaels inside out for fun and volunteering me to finger Milky. Different times.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:54 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t59303p100-culture-cup-2-0-round-5

Some great stuff on there. Page 3 is a real standout but the whole thing is borderline genius.

Pretty peak Superfly as well. Turning michaels inside out for fun and volunteering me to finger Milky. Different times.

The more of his work I read, the more I come to realise what a comedy genius michaels was.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Genius is an over-used word.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:37 pm

It's generally under-used when referring to michaels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t59303p100-culture-cup-2-0-round-5

The more of his work I read, the more I come to realise what a comedy genius michaels was.

"8) Michaels 16 pts (will be deducted 2 points at the end of the tournament for being a pr*ck)"

The more things change...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 pm

There's one "Guest" with an incredible vocabulary for swearing, unnecessary shouting and random outbursts related to violence too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There's one "Guest" with an incredible vocabulary for swearing, unnecessary shouting and random outbursts related to violence too.

It's sad that he deleted his account so we can't hope for any surprise appearances.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:08 am

Fist and bulbous, the Mascara Snake...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:10 am

Tino my boy you must be bored if you're going back through old threads.

Good old fashioned fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:14 am

Sicond or Tird. Not quite sure

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:14 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Tino my boy you must be bored if you're going back through old threads.

Good old fashioned fist.

Ermm, actually I think you'll find it isn't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:16 am

Typing confusedly, confusedly typing, chiastic sicond...

Edit: missed the podium again, pipped on the line by two posters.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:45 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Tino my boy you must be bored if you're going back through old threads.

That's what happens when no-one is getting married, Christened or having a party rIck.

Plenty of folk are dying but its rare as hens teeth that someone orders a dress for a funeral.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There's one "Guest" with an incredible vocabulary for swearing, unnecessary shouting and random outbursts related to violence too.

SerialDAVE wrote:Totally useless as far as these two dick-free, ball-less cups of quim drizzle are concerned

I miss DAVE.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:08 am

I just had a quick look at that thread, we were all much funnier in our youth.

Now that you are doing f**k all, you should knock up another round.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:22 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I just had a quick look at that thread, we were all much funnier in our youth

I'm in my prime.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:38 am

The two are not mutually inclusive, Jules.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:43 am

I'm not proud of that - probably deserve to be cancelled.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Oh I don't know about that. Milky didn't seem to complain so that makes it alright.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Oh I don't know about that. Milky didn't seem to complain so that makes it alright.

I think Milky would happily be fingered by any except someone whose fingers were used to turn pages in a Hugh Mcilvanney book.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:07 am

Fingering fist,

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:24 am

Sloppy siconds,

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:51 am

Morning, Jules, how go the mid lands? Any irons in the artistic fires?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:08 am

Very quiet on the artistic front rick. The muse may have flown.
Slowly getting back to setting up my second hand book website, as something else to keep me occupied.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:10 am

A trying tird. Expecting the contract for a new job early next week. A lovely bunch of lads where I work now but so looking forward to saying goodbye to the company.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 am

Well I hope it returns if that is what you wish.

I need to get a load of books/comics from my dads house at some point, and try and find somewhere for them to live here.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:22 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Well I hope it returns if that is what you wish.

I need to get a load of books/comics from my dads house at some point, and try and find somewhere for them to live here.

We had to clear out my parent's house last year. So many books left behind that it hurts my soul, but I live in what could pass as a library already.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:24 am

I know a guy who runs a second hand book website, if that helps?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:56 am

lostinwales wrote:

We had to clear out my parent's house last year. So many books left behind that it hurts my soul, but I live in what could pass as a library already.

I had to do the same thing about two years ago. Found this old chap who was 99 then... so he is 101 now, who runs a book depository business out of a former scout hall of all places. It's hidden away down a long driveway surrounded by a dense tract of tall eucalyptus trees. He has a few younger ladies helping out. They categorise the books and then send them out to schools or needy kids. I was so impressed with their operation. I'll need to go back there soon to donate another half a dozen boxes of books.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:10 am

What comics has he got?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 am

Mine, from when i was younger, I have been collecting for a long time, and all the ones that i bought pre-uni are there.

Mainly marvel but quite a lot of 2000AD and a smattering of DC

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:20 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I know a guy who runs a second hand book website, if that helps?

Unfortunately what was left was dealt with by house clearance. I did manage to give some books away but it was hard to arrange at such distance (260 miles). There was also a limit to how much we could bring back, and the wife's mother dying last autumn meant spending weekends clearing out her flat that I would have spend at my parents place.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:21 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Mine, from when i was younger, I have been collecting for a long time, and all the ones that i bought pre-uni are there.

I had about 60 editions of White Dwarf with edition numbers below 100.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:25 am

Actually this reminds me of my 50th birthday, the events of which were sufficiently grim that the only appropriate way of remembering it is to laugh about it. I spent about 5 hours of it stuck in a traffic jam on the way to my mother's funeral. A trailer full of hay bales had caught fire on the motorway.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:35 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Mine, from when i was younger, I have been collecting for a long time, and all the ones that i bought pre-uni are there.

Marvel from the 70s and 80s are generally more desirable than DC. Everything depends on condition though for the big bucks.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next