The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021

+18
MichaelT
flyhalffactory
George Carlin
Poorfour
formerly known as Sam
WELL-PAST-IT
Geordie
Highland Shaun
lostinwales
tigertattie
Mr Bounce
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
BamBam
sensisball
Hazel Sapling
RDW
BigGee
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021 - Page 3 Empty England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021

Post by BigGee Tue 22 Jun 2021, 9:34 am

First topic message reminder :

England A v Scotland A
Sunday 27th June 2021
Welford Rd
Leicester

Kick off 14:00

Live on Channel 4

Well an A team game between the old rivals, where players will get captured, but not capped. Hard to know how this one will go with not much in the way of form and no doubt a lot of players new to the international set up. hard to make any predictions really.

Scotland will be using this as a bit of a trial before cutting down their squad size prior to heading of to eastern Europe for their two proper tests, so expect to see a few of their uncapped players putting in an audition for that role. I would expect to see some of the youngsters starting and maybe a few more experienced players on the bench to steady the ship if they are struggling.

The last A team game between England and Scotland proved a bit of a triumph for the scots and saw the emergence of several players who have gone on to become major stars, Stuart Hogg amongst them. If I was going to pick anyone on that pathway this time around, I would probably be looking at Jamie Dobie, our exciting young SH, who could still be playing U20s this season, he looks very much like one for the future and hopefully there will be some others as well.

ENGLAND:

15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
14. Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)
13. Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors, 6 caps)
12. Dan Kelly (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
11. Max Malins (Bristol Bears (loan) / Saracens, 7 caps)
10. Jacob Umaga (Wasps, uncapped)
9. Harry Randall (Bristol Bears, uncapped)

1. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 28 caps)
2. Curtis Langdon (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
3. Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
4. Harry Wells (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 21 caps)
6. Lewis Ludlow (C) (Gloucester Rugby, uncapped)
7. Ben Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
8. Callum Chick (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)

16. Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)
17. Beno Obano (Bath Rugby, 1 cap)
18. Trevor Davison (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)
19. Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors, 1 cap)
20. Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 8 caps)
21. Dan Robson (Wasps, 12 caps)
22. George Furbank (Northampton Saints, 3 caps)
23. Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby, 9 caps)

SCOTLAND:

15. Damien Hoyland (Edinburgh Rugby)
14. Rufus McLean (Glasgow Warriors)
13. Matt Scott (Leicester Tigers) CAPTAIN
12. Stafford McDowall (Glasgow Warriors)
11. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)
10. Ross Thompson (Glasgow Warriors)
9. Charlie Shiel (Edinburgh Rugby)

1. Nick Auterac (Northampton Saints)
2. Ewan Ashman (Sale Sharks)
3. Oli Kebble (Glasgow Warrriors)
4. Cameron Henderson (Leicester Tigers)
5. Kiran McDonald (Glasgow Warriors)
6. Josh Bayliss (Bath Rugby)
7. Rory Darge (Glasgow Warriors)
8. Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh Rugby)

16. Adam McBurney (Ulster Rugby)
17. Robin Hislop (Doncaster Knights)
18. Javan Sebastian (Scarlets)
19. Jamie Hodgson (Edinburgh Rugby)
20. Callum Hunter-Hill (Saracens)
21. Ben Vellacott (Wasps)
22. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors)
23. George Taylor (Edinburgh Rugby)

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021 - Page 3 Empty Re: England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 26 Jun 2021, 9:52 pm

He's a good young player reminds me of a young Chris Robshaw. Needs to work on his lineout skills as he's got the height. Could become a really good 6.5 style flanker. Would suit the Quins style to have him at 6 and Evans at 7.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021 - Page 3 Empty Re: England A v Scotland A Sunday 27th June 2021

Post by George Carlin Sun 27 Jun 2021, 6:35 am

OP fully updated.

Loving McDowall and Scott as a centre combination. Going to be a very tough game but there's a huge amount of attacking talent on both sides.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 27 Jun 2021, 8:16 am

The game as been cancelled due to 3 further cases in the Scotland camp.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 27 Jun 2021, 8:30 am

That is a shame, but not thst surprising

Hopefully Scotland can regroup for the rest of their summer matches

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 27 Jun 2021, 8:30 am

Real shame. There was a lot of interest here in Leicestershire so the crowd would have been nice and loud. Feel for those new caps who were desperate to play, particularly those who'd have been doing it in their own stadium.

Hopefully the new caps get given a chance by England next week so they can show what they can do.

For Scotland this probably causes the unwelcome likelihood of their summer friendlies being called off.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 27 Jun 2021, 8:34 am

BigGee wrote:That is a shame, but not thst surprising

If we can even play them!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 27 Jun 2021, 8:40 am

RDW wrote:
BigGee wrote:That is a shame, but not thst surprising

If we can even play them!

Well luckily, we have a weeks break before playing them, which might be our saving grace.

Won't help our preparation though.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 27 Jun 2021, 9:33 am

Damn. Was looking forward to this but safety first. With the return of spectators and meals out it feels like a few people think its over and this just nudges it back into the consciousness.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 27 Jun 2021, 12:42 pm

Weren't the players in their own training bubble? How does that even happen?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 27 Jun 2021, 1:03 pm

There is no such thing as s completely secure bubble and unfortunately rates in the UK are really high again, so in many ways, it is not that surprising.

It just takes one person to spread it wihin the bubble. At least they have picked it up and should be able to control it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 27 Jun 2021, 2:07 pm

I guess there was no choice. Only thing any of us can do is keep the vaccines going into arms.

By the way, is it true that Manchester is banning anyone from Scotland (named Sturgeon anyway)?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 27 Jun 2021, 2:10 pm

The whole affair at the moment is bonkers.

I want to come back home to the UK but we aren't allowed because apparently (although fully vaccinated) folks like me who live in a major transport hub like Dubai are a huge, unwarranted risk. Although that doesn't apply to people coming from other major transport hubs like Hong Kong, Amsterdam or Berlin. I mean, obviously.

Then I read that thousands of people are cramming into sports stadia in the UK again.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 27 Jun 2021, 6:56 pm

doctor_grey wrote:I guess there was no choice.  Only thing any of us can do is keep the vaccines going into arms.  

By the way, is it true that Manchester is banning anyone from Scotland (named Sturgeon anyway)?    

As long as Nicola doesn't decide on a whim to ban travel to Scotland from Birmingham next week. I enjoyed my previous trip to Scotland but not looking forward to my work trip to Glasgow on Tuesday.

It's a nightmare at the minute.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 27 Jun 2021, 11:29 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:I guess there was no choice.  Only thing any of us can do is keep the vaccines going into arms.  

As long as Nicola doesn't decide on a whim to ban travel to Scotland from Birmingham next week. I enjoyed my previous trip to Scotland but not looking forward to my work trip to Glasgow on Tuesday.

It's a nightmare at the minute.
Who the feck made her King Under The Mountain with powers like that? I truly believe that is not legal (let alone ethical or moral). The PM is labouring under a series of challenges for which he is entirely unsuited, but someone needs to actually lead.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Jun 2021, 8:41 am

The problem is...having both the jabs doesnt stop you getting the virus...it just means you dont get a severe case..

Now with a huge amount of the country double jabbed, the government CANT continue to go on the number of cases...otherwise we will be in this forever....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3