The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
superflyweight
Galted
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Banana

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:10 pm

Galted wrote:A statue of michaels eating chips off a bird's back could be used as a picnic table in a park.

Only if the girl is a hologram and his bumhole is scaled down by a factor of 1 million

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:11 pm

Remember the magnified torch shadow of his hampton projected on the castle wall? That must have been a truly terrifying sight for any night visitors.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Remember the magnified torch shadow of his hampton projected on the castle wall? That must have been a truly terrifying sight for any night visitors.

No but ZipTabInALighthouseGate is just the sort of thing he would do

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Remember the magnified torch shadow of his hampton projected on the castle wall? That must have been a truly terrifying sight for any night visitors.

About as much truth in that one as there was in Chipgate.

Although I still miss the old tramp.

Not as much as I miss Jeff/Geoff Rowley/Rowley.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:17 pm

How soon before we can miss Julius and Super?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Galted wrote:How soon before we can miss Julius and Super?

I'm happy to declare them dead on Monday.

Good job I've been on a recruitment drive and brought Duty on board. We are dropping like flies.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:27 pm

If this carries on, Galted, you're going to have to stalk Jeff/Geoff via Tw*tter and basically beg him to return.

Tell him I was resurrected. It might be enough. Although he pretended he hated me, I think deep down he liked me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Jeff is generous with his likes when I comment on his posts, so it might be worth a try.
Though Rick has suggested he return before and was ignored.

LIW will be glad to know that he's no longer a new recruit but an established CCer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:38 pm

Galted wrote:Jeff is generous with his likes when I comment on his posts, so it might be worth a try.
Though Rick has suggested he return before and was ignored.

LIW will be glad to know that he's no longer a new recruit but an established CCer.

LiW is on the verge of being given a formal role on the committee he's been here that long.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Galted wrote:How soon before we can miss Julius and Super?

How soon is now?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:55 am

Fist.

It would appear that Julius is less dead than previously believed so no need to miss him yet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:55 am

Sicond.
Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:05 am

Is the queen dead?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:07 am

Tird.

Morning Engerland chaps.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:08 am

Blimey, Jules and Superfly back from the dead on the same day.

I've long suspected they were the same person. This confirms it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:11 am

I wish I was Jules, but a much younger version.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:14 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Don't worry too much, Jules. It was a great start at least.

Matteo Berrettini has a long career ahead of him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:08 am

superflyweight wrote:I wish I was Jules, but a much younger version.  

So do I.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am

I wish I was a fisherman, tumbling on the seas.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:43 am

Thought I'd cheer everyone up.

Had to drop a friend off at hospital this morning (all OK just a scan checkup). I left after the game finished in a stunned state. I had about 2 hours to kill so I pretended to be a tourist... despite the lockdown. There were thousands of others on the streets... so many joggers, fit looking women with dogs and cyclists galore. Anyway, the light was simply stunning. Not bad weather for winter either.

Primrose Park:

Bridge through trees:

Opera House & "Pinchgut" through trees:

Faces on rock:

Brush Turkey posing:

Lighthouse:

Two ferries:

Bridge over untroubled waters:

Tino's feet:

See the huge ant nest on the "Bridge through trees" photo, Tino? Amazing work. Close up below.

Ant Nest:

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 am

That's great stuff, Pee Jay.

Lovely pictures. Ant nest is a cracker.

How often do you see venomous spiders and/or snakes going about your daily life?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That's great stuff, Pee Jay.

Lovely pictures. Ant nest is a cracker.

How often do you see venomous spiders and/or snakes going about your daily life?

Nothing in winter but anytime from early spring (the first warm days in September but it can be earlier) snakes will start coming out to sun themselves and start looking for food. This is when their venom has been 'cooking up' over the winter hibernation and they may appear slightly sluggish but they are very well primed in early spring.

Should be noted that I moved from an area with an abundance of wildlife to a more concrete and asphalt inner west suburb about 8 years ago but there are still creeks and wooded areas near highly populated suburbs in which you might stumble upon a black (more common) or brown (rarer) snake. They often find them in old unused industrial areas (perfect hiding places and good for sunning) right on the upper part of the harbour - Parramatta River.

There might be some in the bush areas in the photos - Bradley's Head - where Bowie filmed part of the Let's Dance video. You start getting bigger numbers in the larger national parks north, south and west of the city but there are also tracts of bushland in between the built up suburbs and the much larger bushland areas on the periphery. Spiders are usually quiet (or generally not visible) until the steamy hot humid nights... from about October-November reaching a peak in January-February. Like snakes, their mating season reaches a crescendo usually mid-late summer when they're "on the prowl" as we say.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:27 am

Finally fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:10 am

Suddenly sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:06 am

Sh1t on here today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:14 am

Needs a tird. Otherwise I'm just going to spend the day slowly conversing with my Jules account.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:25 am

superflyweight wrote:Needs a tird.  Otherwise I'm just going to spend the day slowly conversing with my Jules account.  

True, you w*nker

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:08 am

I'm that tird.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:25 am

Galted, were you as excited as I was by the return of University Challenge last night?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Galted, were you as excited as I was by the return of University Challenge last night?

I was quite excited but Galtova was answering more than I was so I was forced to pretend that I didn't really care. I wonder if any of Super's relatives were on.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:49 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Galted, were you as excited as I was by the return of University Challenge last night?

I was quite excited but Galtova was answering more than I was so I was forced to pretend that I didn't really care.  I wonder if any of Super's relatives were on.

I think Jeremy Paxman is his uncle.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:52 am

I think we could put quite a strong team forward for UC.

I've got insects and dressmaking covered. Superfly can cover law and midget girlfriends from Del Amitri, Galted's got IT and footwear. Jules can cover everything else.

Can rope in Shah as a sub if there is a round on extremism.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:15 pm

You could probably put a team forward that's stronger than the two last night. One team thought Falmouth was where Bath is. Shocking.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Is Duty officially being brought in as Toppy's replacement as a representative of the conservative wing of this forum?

I know Tina has final say, but I would have expected to have been consulted and I'd have likely raised fairly strenuous objections.  If standards continue to slip, before long we'll have to deal with the lesser super and that Tighthead nobber.  

I remember when there was a proper vetting process for the Culture Cup and it was nigh on impossible to gain entry - poor Kingraf is still just an associate member and is only permitted to post at weekends and during non-working hours on a Thursday.  Putting down Action Netball on his personal interests will haunt him for the rest of his years.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think we could put quite a strong team forward for UC.

I've got insects and dressmaking covered. Superfly can cover law and midget girlfriends from Del Amitri, Galted's got IT and footwear. Jules can cover everything else.

And I know all the world capitals as well as the Latin name for a cheetah.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:52 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think we could put quite a strong team forward for UC.

I could also answer questions regarding the effective management of a harem, human trafficking, how to keep the wife if you want and how to dispose of her body if you don't.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Doesn't seem like we have much use for Rick. Maybe his Lee Hendrie anecdote could be handy.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Duty281 wrote:You could probably put a team forward that's stronger than the two last night. One team thought Falmouth was where Bath is. Shocking.

Wasn't following properly but I got the impression they thought Brighton was halfway between London and the coast.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:Is Duty officially being brought in as Toppy's replacement as a representative of the conservative wing of this forum?

I know Tina has final say, but I would have expected to have been consulted and I'd have likely raised fairly strenuous objections.  If standards continue to slip, before long we'll have to deal with the lesser super and that Tighthead nobber.  

I remember when there was a proper vetting process for the Culture Cup and it was nigh on impossible to gain entry - poor Kingraf is still just an associate member and is only permitted to post at weekends and during non-working hours on a Thursday.  Putting down Action Netball on his personal interests will haunt him for the rest of his years.

It isn't easy running a place with such catastrophically low membership. We can't keep harking back to the halcyon days. They don't exist any more.

Don't get me wrong, Kingraf will never be a full member for the reasons you've outlined but we are past the point of being too choosy.

LiW appears to have died as well which doesn't help matters.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Galted wrote:Doesn't seem like we have much use for Rick. Maybe his Lee Hendrie anecdote could be handy.

He is dead. Move on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Doesn't seem like we have much use for Rick. Maybe his Lee Hendrie anecdote could be handy.

He is dead. Move on.

Cheers, Tino. Might have to have a chat with Super and see about inheriting Rick's PS5.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 pm

He is dead. Move on.

He is? In that case I'm not Lee Hendrie.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

He is dead. Move on.

He is? In that case I'm not Lee Hendrie.

Very droll, Julio.

Full disclosure, I don't actually know who Lee Hendrie is so he could well be dead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:Is Duty officially being brought in as Toppy's replacement as a representative of the conservative wing of this forum?

It isn't easy running a place with such catastrophically low membership. We can't keep harking back to the halcyon days. They don't exist any more.

Don't get me wrong, Kingraf will never be a full member for the reasons you've outlined but we are past the point of being too choosy.

There's not being choosy and then there's allowing entry to someone who pro-actively chooses not to be able to read my interesting and thoughtful perspectives on everything from macro economics and international/domestic politics to the vertically challenged ex-wives of Scottish popstars. Would you really want to associate yourself with someone who would rather live a blinkered life of ignorance than reach for the skies and learn from someone who has been to a few places and met a few people (including a guy who had met Dolly the cloned sheep)?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:39 pm

superflyweight wrote:

There's not being choosy and then there's allowing entry to someone who pro-actively chooses not to be able to read my interesting and thoughtful perspectives on everything from macro economics and international/domestic politics to the vertically challenged ex-wives of Scottish popstars.  Would you really want to associate yourself with someone who would rather live a blinkered life of ignorance than reach for the skies and learn from someone who has been to a few places and met a few people (including a guy who had met Dolly the cloned sheep)?  

Your midget popstar story and pouring beer over Sir Ian Botham were zingers.

Other than that, its a barren wasteland.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:45 pm

I must have missed the midget popstar story. I'm a big fan of Del Amitri. I'm always the last to know.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:

There's not being choosy and then there's allowing entry to someone who pro-actively chooses not to be able to read my interesting and thoughtful perspectives on everything from macro economics and international/domestic politics to the vertically challenged ex-wives of Scottish popstars.  Would you really want to associate yourself with someone who would rather live a blinkered life of ignorance than reach for the skies and learn from someone who has been to a few places and met a few people (including a guy who had met Dolly the cloned sheep)?  

Your midget popstar story and pouring beer over Sir Ian Botham were zingers.

Other than that, its a barren wasteland.

Christ!

Is East Side Boxing still on the go? Maybe they'd appreciate me over there. Jeff sought sanctuary there for a while but used different spelling (geoffreyrowley) to throw us off the scent.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I must have missed the midget popstar story. I'm a big fan of Del Amitri. I'm always the last to know.

Well played. I've tried to correct Tina on his understanding of the story but nothing ever happens.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:59 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I must have missed the midget popstar story. I'm a big fan of Del Amitri. I'm always the last to know.

Well played.  I've tried to correct Tina on his understanding of the story but nothing ever happens.  

Fatal mistake.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:01 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Jeff sought sanctuary there for a while but used different spelling (geoffreyrowley) to throw us off the scent.  

Jesus, that man was cleverer than we gave him credit for.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next