The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
superflyweight
Galted
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Jun 2021, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Banana

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Duty281 Thu 19 Aug 2021, 12:46 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I think I finally found out what happened to SecretFly -
https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/17/man-built-bunker-from-tins-and-burned-down-5g-tower-to-stop-harmful-waves-15106623/

On a serious note I just checked his last post from April. It's not what I would call happy.

Spoiler:

Always liked reading his posts, hope he didn't do anything daft.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Aug 2021, 12:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Blimey, that is pretty dark.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that it is conspiratorial b*llocks though.

True, but when someone abruptly disappears from the forum, without even a whiff of a goodbye message, I fear the worst, don't you Tino?

Only when it was me, Jules. Or maybe you mean you old chum Super_Insecure.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Aug 2021, 1:24 pm

Check twitter, could be there.

Though that post was pretty ominous, though in my experience with people actually going through with it, which is unfortunately way too much experience, they usually just crack on and do it with no fanfare or warning.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Aug 2021, 3:04 pm

Nothing like a bit of suicide talk to michaels a thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 19 Aug 2021, 3:13 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Nothing like a bit of twitter talk to michaels a thread.

Fixed.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 19 Aug 2021, 3:45 pm

Have invented a fun new non-yew tree game to play with kids.

When I take my son shopping at t'big Sainsburys, I take him to the toy section first then whisk him away before he's played with everything on offer. Challenge is to see if I can finish my shopping before he runs out of tantrum. Today I made it to the cat food (at the very far end of the shop) and was a quarter of the way back before he calmed down. Wasn't easy as he jams his feet under the wheels of his trike and grabs onto shelves to slow me down.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 19 Aug 2021, 4:09 pm

Galted wrote:Have invented a fun new non-yew tree game to play with kids.

When I take my son shopping at t'big Sainsburys, I take him to the toy section first then whisk him away before he's played with everything on offer.  Challenge is to see if I can finish my shopping before he runs out of tantrum.  Today I made it to the cat food (at the very far end of the shop) and was a quarter of the way back before he calmed down.  Wasn't easy as he jams his feet under the wheels of his trike and grabs onto shelves to slow me down.

It is the Sainsburys, but other than that I enjoyed your story very much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 9:21 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

When I take my son shopping at t'big Sainsburys, I take him to the toy section first then whisk him away before he's played with everything on offer.  Challenge is to see if I can finish my shopping before he runs out of tantrum.  Today I made it to the cat food (at the very far end of the shop) and was a quarter of the way back before he calmed down.  Wasn't easy as he jams his feet under the wheels of his trike and grabs onto shelves to slow me down.

Fist.

Thanks, Tino.  I hope to get it right one day.  The ways of the Men of the North are a mystery to me, what with the usage of 'the' and 't', the strange diet, the murdering of children on moors and prostitutes with hammers, and the love of rugby league and bare-knuckle boxing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 11:03 am

An unmichaelsing fist michaelsing. If only someone was around to see it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 11:07 am

Galted wrote:

Fist.

Thanks, Tino.  I hope to get it right one day.  The ways of the Men of the North are a mystery to me, what with the usage of 'the' and 't', the strange diet, the murdering of children on moors and prostitutes with hammers, and the love of rugby league and bare-knuckle boxing.

It's mainly shops. All shops start with 'the' and all food is cooked in a pot. Get those right and you'll survive just fine in the north.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Aug 2021, 11:18 am

I'm not Sonny Chiba.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 12:09 pm

Galted wrote:

Fist.

It's mainly shops. All shops start with 'the' and all food is cooked in a pot. Get those right and you'll survive just fine in the north.

Cheers, Tino, I will soon be ready to venture north of the Thames.

I would practise the 't' and 'the' in our local Co-op but I'm afraid a shop assistant might stab me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm

Galted wrote:

I would practise the 't' and 'the' in our local Co-op but I'm afraid a shop assistant might stab me.

Start shopping in the Waitrose instead?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:06 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Fist.

Local the Co-op.
FFS.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Fist.

Local the Co-op.
FFS.

Great spot, Jules. Can't believe I missed it.

Galted, you c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Fist.

Local the Co-op.
FFS.

He also didn't really need to specify that it was local. Just the Co-op would have done.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:11 pm

I fear for his safety should he venture to the middle lands, let alone The North.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:15 pm

What nonsense. I specifically mentioned 'our' to avoid the need for a 't' or 'the' or not.

And, as I regularly venture far and wide, the need for 'local' is undeniable. I could very well visit the Co-ops on Trafalgar Road or Little Heath Road.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:20 pm

Galted wrote:What nonsense.  I specifically mentioned 'our' to avoid the need for a 't' or 'the' or not.

And, as I regularly venture far and wide, the need for 'local' is undeniable.  I could very well visit the Co-ops on Trafalgar Road or Little Heath Road.

Which is the best one?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:40 pm

Galted wrote:What nonsense.  I specifically mentioned 'our' to avoid the need for a 't' or 'the' or not.

And, as I regularly venture far and wide, the need for 'local' is undeniable.  I could very well visit the Co-ops on Trafalgar Road or Little Heath Road.

Which is the best one?

This one. Has got all your herbs and spices.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58253378

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:45 pm

I am not dead just regretting volunteering to take youngest son to the vaccination centre to get his arm jabbed, alongside the majority of the other 16-17 yr olds who also got the same letter yesterday. Took 3 1/2 hours.

Now waiting to take elder son to hospital so they can x-ray his shoulder, again (4th time in 3 weeks - hes going to start glowing soon).

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:45 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Which is the best one?

Blimey. Bet that doesn't happen at Trafalgar Road or Little Heath Road.

That girl is quite hot as well. Do you know her?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 20 Aug 2021, 1:53 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Which is the best one?

Blimey. Bet that doesn't happen at Trafalgar Road or Little Heath Road.

That girl is quite hot as well. Do you know her?

She's very nice. The python was lucky to have her shopping on that particular aisle.

Unfortunately I don't know this Helaina but I have a good friend named Helena who lives in Arcadia (actually Fiddletown... which is too funny to mention on here) which is quite close to Glenorie. She's also looks after wild animals and does a bit of artwork on the side.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 2:33 pm

Which is the best one?

Would have said Little Heath Road but it's actually Charlton Park Road. You'd like it, there's a reptile shop opposite.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Aug 2021, 2:56 pm

Galted wrote:

Which is the best one?

Would have said Little Heath Road but it's actually Charlton Park Road. You'd like it, there's a reptile shop opposite.

The reptile shop.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 4:26 pm

Galted wrote:

Which is the best one?

The reptile shop.

Bloody well f*ck you, Tino.  'Reptile shop' is a description, not the name.  Unless it's the only reptile shop around it's 'a' reptile shop.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Aug 2021, 4:31 pm

https://www.onlinereptileshop.co.uk/

T'Online Reptile Shop.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 4:42 pm

Duty281 wrote:https://www.onlinereptileshop.co.uk/

T'Online Reptile Shop.

Hope they don't use Hermes or TNT for deliveries. Be a right bugger when poor old Mavis signs for a cobra because the courier is confused by numbers and letters.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 20 Aug 2021, 5:02 pm

Galted wrote:

T'Online Reptile Shop.

Hope they don't use the Hermes or the TNT for deliveries. Be a right bugger when poor old the Mavis signs for a cobra because the courier is confused by numbers and letters.

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 5:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

T'Online Reptile Shop.

Hope they don't use the Hermes or the TNT for deliveries. Be a right bugger when poor old the Mavis signs for a cobra because the courier is confused by numbers and letters.

Fixed for you.

T' ta.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Aug 2021, 6:07 pm

Is that a stutter or are you Northern?

(the stutter)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 20 Aug 2021, 7:42 pm

Being Northern does make one seem as though they have a speech impediment.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 23 Aug 2021, 8:55 am

Monday weekend unmichaelsing approaching split fist.

I am not the deader of the Everly Brothers.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 23 Aug 2021, 9:00 am

Sicond. Glad I missed the fist - it all sounds very complicated and I have not had coffee yet

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 23 Aug 2021, 9:02 am

I have a template which makes it a bit easier. Still hopeful that today's early exchanges will be padded with lots of inane posts before Julius and Tino start or they're sure to be picking faults with my fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 23 Aug 2021, 9:20 am

I do keep an eye on Wikipedia where they have a useful summary of the latest 'names' to have died, but there isn't anybody of note

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Aug 2021, 9:44 am

Tird. Good moaning to you both.

How did you son's shoulder x-ray go, Lost?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:16 am

I'm back from holiday - what's been happening?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:26 am

Pal Joey wrote:Tird. Good moaning to you both.

The shoulder is mending, slowly and he's getting more movement back. However this morning he had his 5th xray in the last 3 weeks. He's got air in the chest cavity outside the lung (pneumothorax). Its not enough to warrant anything invasive but they are keeping an eye on it whilst trying to work out why its there and what they should do. He's back in again on Wednesday for another x-ray and hopefully a meeting with a consultant. He'll also get a CT scan at some point.

The good news is he doesn't have to put the lights on in his room anymore.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:28 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm back from holiday - what's been happening?  

I've been trying to help Galted with surviving in the North but he is being uncharacteristically ungrateful so he can go and boil his head.

I haven't spoken to you for 3 weeks I think. Did you miss me?

Where did you go and did you have a nice time?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:51 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm back from holiday - what's been happening?  

I've been trying to help Galted with surviving in the North but he is being uncharacteristically ungrateful so he can go and boil his head.

I haven't spoken to you for 3 weeks I think. Did you miss me?

Where did you go and did you have a nice time?

I missed you as much as a I miss Jeff.  

We were over on the west coast of Scotland for 10 days.  Mrs Superfly was supposed to be running a 10k race in Argyle as part of her marathon training but she tore ligaments in her ankle a couple of days before it.  I drunkenly agreed on the night before to take her place and managed to fight through a hangover and a complete lack of training to finish in 44 minutes and take 8th place in the extremely elite men over 40 category.  Think I was in the top 50 overall out of around 400 which goes to show how disgracefully out of shape Scotland is.  

The rest of the time was spent sheltering from rain and imagining what the scenery looked like.  Then came back home and had a few days to myself while the kids were at school and Mrs Superfly was working so hired a skip and had a great time chucking out stuff.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:58 am

Super_Insecure missed you.

He has essentially decreed that all music from the 60's and 70's was sh*t.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:08 am

lostinwales wrote:

The shoulder is mending, slowly and he's getting more movement back. However this morning he had his 5th xray in the last 3 weeks. He's got air in the chest cavity outside the lung (pneumothorax). Its not enough to warrant anything invasive but they are keeping an eye on it whilst trying to work out why its there and what they should do. He's back in again on Wednesday for another x-ray and hopefully a meeting with a consultant. He'll also get a CT scan at some point.

I've had a pueumothorax and it was incredibly painful. A bit of a mystery too but I think I tore the lining of the chest cavity through over rigorous exercise or had a weak spot from an infection when I returned from Vietnam and then somehow stretched and tore the lining. Maybe a combination of both. Luckily it was my right side; if it's on the left near the heart it can be fatal. After struggling through work I went to the local GP who then got me rushed to hospital.

They gave me some morphine (or similar) and stuck a stent between my ribs into the cavity. There was immediate relief as the air pressure equalised. I'll never forget the scan of my lung... it looked like a mini inflated airship. Amazing how it regained it's shape once they did the little hole in my side.

Is your eldest son tall? Apparently tall people are more susceptible. I was told I'll never be able to go deep sea diving or climb high mountain. So the Mariana Trench and the Everest are out for me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:09 am

He's a total throbber.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:12 am

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I've had a pueumothorax and it was incredibly painful. A bit of a mystery too but I think I tore the lining of the chest cavity through over rigorous exercise or had a weak spot from an infection when I returned from Vietnam and then somehow stretched and tore the lining. Maybe a combination of both. Luckily it was my right side; if it's on the left near the heart it can be fatal. After struggling through work I went to the local GP who then got me rushed to hospital.

They gave me some morphine (or similar) and stuck a stent between my ribs into the cavity. There was immediate relief as the air pressure equalised. I'll never forget the scan of my lung... it looked like a mini inflated airship. Amazing how it regained it's shape once they did the little hole in my side.

Is your eldest son tall? Apparently tall people are more susceptible. I was told I'll never be able to go deep sea diving or climb high mountain. So the Mariana Trench and the Everest are out for me.

I've also had a pneumothorax as a result of an elbow to the chest from a Neanderthal centre-half when playing football. I called him all of the c*nts under the sun between gasping for breath. Really painful and had to go to hospital after three days of constant pain and no sleep.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:through over rigorous exercise .

Tough w*nk?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:20 am

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I've also had a pneumothorax as a result of an elbow to the chest from a Neanderthal centre-half when playing football.  I called him all of the c*nts under the sun between gasping for breath. Really painful and had to go  to hospital after three days of constant pain and no sleep.  

Horrible isn't it? At first I thought it was just a bad stitch (which would've been odd because I hadn't been exercising) and I'd just wait it out and maybe it would go away. But it didn't go away. It got worse. I remember being on the sofa trying to watch TV in agony... I tried the foetal position, no relief. That's when it dawned on me that I better get myself down to the medical centre - fast.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:23 am

Pal Joey wrote:through over rigorous exercise .

Tough w*nk?

Laugh

Possibly.

But I think I did something at Spud's boxing gym first. Maybe it was the medicine ball sit ups which I really enjoyed doing.... whilst getting kicked in the ribs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Aug 2021, 11:27 am

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I've also had a pneumothorax as a result of an elbow to the chest from a Neanderthal centre-half when playing football.  I called him all of the c*nts under the sun between gasping for breath. Really painful and had to go  to hospital after three days of constant pain and no sleep.  

Horrible isn't it? At first I thought it was just a bad stitch (which would've been odd because I hadn't been exercising) and I'd just wait it out and maybe it would go away. But it didn't go away. It got worse. I remember being on the sofa trying to watch TV in agony... I tried the foetal position, no relief. That's when it dawned on me that I better get myself down to the medical centre - fast.

It's the most painful thing I've experienced . I've cracked ribs and broken both of my arms twice, but the pain from those didn't come close.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:10 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

He's 19 , slim, about 5'10'' and flexible. The acute medicine doc we saw last week mentioned Marfans which was a bad idea, and hopefully extremely unlikely. But yes we have been told similar and understand that it can happen spontaneously. They keep on asking if he got hit and he didnt, but I suspect it must be linked to the strain on his chest when his shoulder popped, given that the shoulder popping probably occurred with his arm lifting up.

In his case nobody would have known except a sharp eyed radiographer clocked it when they first x-rayed his shoulder. He certainly hasn't had any major discomfort (some minor) and anyway its nothing compared to the dislocated shoulder. Its of a size where they expect it to go away on its own, but it hasn't (yet) and has in fact got a little larger.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next