The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's Summer of Cricket 2021

+18
TRUSSMAN66
AlciG
Pal Joey
dummy_half
Mind the windows Tino.
sirfredperry
king_carlos
KP_fan
VTR
JDizzle
eirebilly
guildfordbat
Soul Requiem
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
alfie
msp83
Duty281
22 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

England's Summer of Cricket 2021 - Page 12 Empty England's Summer of Cricket 2021

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Sep 2021, 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's the important wicket. Deserved for Robinson and England.

Now into that brittle middle order.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England's Summer of Cricket 2021 - Page 12 Empty Re: England's Summer of Cricket 2021

Post by KP_fan Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:45 pm

More hope than conviction, in that DRS
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

England's Summer of Cricket 2021 - Page 12 Empty Re: England's Summer of Cricket 2021

Post by Duty281 Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:49 pm

Well done to the openers. clap

Kohli set some clever fields to strangle the scoring rate, but these two outlasted it and rode out the pressure that was applied.

I would never have called England's chances of winning this game as requiring a 'miracle'. It's practically a day one/day two pitch, lovely for batting, nowhere near a typical day five pitch which has wickets falling in a heap. All it requires is good application and concentration - so far, Burns and Hameed have shown those attributes. India are missing Ashwin big-time. He could have led the victory-effort on this. Instead Kohli will rely on the decent, but inferior, Jadeja.

The full 90 left tomorrow. Just under 300 to get. All ten wickets in hand. Sunny weather for most of tomorrow, some cloud around but, as day three showed, not even low, dark cloud can generate much for the seamers.

Absolutely no way England should be losing this. They're narrow favourites for victory over the draw, with the Indian win a very remote possibility on this pancake with no Ashwin.

If I were Winvizing I'd put England at 50%, draw at 40%, India at 10%...which just makes the frustration of Root's poor captaincy in the late morning/afternoon that more poignant.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:50 pm

Eng fight hard..winning would in the realms of Miracle
draw too very hard......a wicket can go anytime to Jadeja
and seamers will start keeping lwo if they keep in the stump line
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:50 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:News away from this game - Saqib Mahmood went off mid over holding his side for Lancashire in their county game today.

Another quick appears to be down

They just don't build fast bowlers like they used to...

Oh my Statham and my Trueman long ago Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:Desperation review from Kohli, that one, smashing Hameed's thigh.

Absolutely and it spared England's openers an over.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:57 pm

Not sure I agree India have a 10% chance of winning. Seen plenty of these over the years, including a fair few with good starts, and only Headingley 2019 where England actually made it. I'd put India winning this more like 70-80%

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:58 pm

So England need 291 more runs with all 2nd innings wickets standing for a miraculous victory on day 5. Not impossible at all. We saw how West Indies did it against the Bangladeshi spinners in their backyard, we saw the Pant show at the GABBA. And of course Jack Leach, with a bit of help from Ben Stokes at Headingley!
Fine show from young Haseeb Hameed, looked the more comfortable of the openers, and he put away all the hittable stuff. Burns was more circumspect and didn't look entirely comfortable against Jadeja, but England have built for themselves a platform, to try and save the game, and if all goes to plan, dream of a great win even. That will probably enter the equations if they maintain their wellbeing till tea tomorrow. Expect batting to be a bit more challenging after lunch tomorrow. Jadeja was slowly getting into his elements, and he'll be key for India tomorrow. The seamers should be careful not to be profligate... They should focus on bowling dry, until a bit more up and down bounce would come into the picture. Then, try and attack the stumps. Not too many are going to nick-off on this track...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:02 pm

Very different prospects outlined by Duty and KP_fan ... What a surprise Smile

Either could be right : fair to say all four results are possible.

Jadeja looks the biggest danger if he keeps nagging away , especially to the left handers. Though I don't think it is going to turn square.
As KP_fan says , wickets can fall in a bunch on day five. But taking ten in a day is harder than taking , say , eight (obvious as that sounds - but you know what I mean).

And I suppose if England are still batting in the last hour - with proper batsmen still in - a successful run chase isn't out of the question.

I think I 'd still favour an India win - but maybe that just proves I'm a pessimistic nervous England supporter whose family motto is "It's The Hope that Kills You"...

Anyway well played tonight from Hameed and Burns. Done the first part of the job with a very sensible approach and excellent concentration...at the very least they have ensured the fifth day spectators will have something to watch thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:12 pm

VTR wrote:Not sure I agree India have a 10% chance of winning. Seen plenty of these over the years, including a fair few with good starts, and only Headingley 2019 where England actually made it. I'd put India winning this more like 70-80%

Think I’d have it something like 50% India, 40% draw and 10% England win.
Good work by Burns and Hameed tonight, but we’ve seen many times starting again in the morning is much tougher, and often with England wickets fall in clusters.
They really *should* be able to bat 90 overs with 10 wickets left on this, but then they should’ve seen off 60 overs at Lords.

Jadeja the key man - plenty of help for him to the left handers, you’d figure they’ll find it tough to survive against him tomorrow. He’s also tough to score off, so offers Kohli some control, which outside of Bumrah the seamers lack

Priority 1 for England tomorrow for me - make sure you get to Old Trafford with the series win still in play.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat, alfie and VTR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:16 pm

VTR wrote:Not sure I agree India have a 10% chance of winning. Seen plenty of these over the years, including a fair few with good starts, and only Headingley 2019 where England actually made it. I'd put India winning this more like 70-80%

Ordinarily, I'd be of a similar view, but the pitch is playing near-perfectly for the batsmen. It's as though the test is running in reverse, with the worst batting conditions being days one and two, while days three and four (and presumably five) have been lovely to bat on.

We've just seen 32 overs bowled that had nearly nil chances, I think a couple of speculative appeals for catches and Siraj's LBW shout were the nearest India got. The only thing India have to work with is the spin of Jadeja, and Burns and Hameed handled him fairly comfortably so far. If Ashwin were playing I'd certainly bump up India's chances.

There's virtually nothing for the seamers to be operating with, and Siraj seems to be fatigued and there's no trust in Thakur who didn't bowl at all tonight.

If India can take ten wickets on this in 90 overs then fair play to them, but I think it's a long shot.

The required rate is only 3.23, so if England bat the overs tomorrow they should win with the amount of natural quick scorers they have from 3 down. The only exception to that is if England lose a clump of wickets in short time and end up on the defensive.

The odds with Bet365, by the way, are: England 5/2; Draw 5/4; India 21/10.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:45 pm

Well we won't have long to find out! I just think most of the lineup are more than capable of getting themselves out, 90 overs is a lot of batting. Given how the middle order play though ie like to get bat on ball, I see an England win as more likely than the draw, as I'd expect them to score at a decent rate and there is certainly no Collingwood type who would just block for hours

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 05 Sep 2021, 9:33 pm

According to the Guardian match report 95 overs will be bowled tomorrow as they're still making up time from day three.

Will await confirmation of that but, if true, it means England's RRR will be down to 3.06, not 3.23.

Met Office forecasting sunshine for most of the day, including 6/7 in the evening so bad light unlikely to be a factor. Also set to be a scorching 25-27 degree day, could be tough for the quick bowlers.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 05 Sep 2021, 9:37 pm

Can't see Root chasing this if one or two fall. But pitch is dead, good chance for England to draw the test
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:According to the Guardian match report 95 overs will be bowled tomorrow as they're still making up time from day three.

Will await confirmation of that but, if true, it means England's RRR will be down to 3.06, not 3.23.

Met Office forecasting sunshine for most of the day, including 6/7 in the evening so bad light unlikely to be a factor. Also set to be a scorching 25-27 degree day, could be tough for the quick bowlers.

Pretty sure that’s incorrect re: overs Duty
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 06 Sep 2021, 12:57 am

I was working today so didn't see all of it but had the stream on in the background for much of the day. It is very enticingly poised.

I'd agree with Olly that Jadeja will be the key I think.

He has assistance against the lefties. In Malan and Pope we has two batsman to bowl at that play seam much better than spin. Burns has had his issues too. Though Root, Bairstow, Hameed and Moeen can all play spin well.

India obviously favourites but it is a very flat wicket and the ball hasn't been doing much in the air. I'm not sure I share the feeling that a draw is that likely either. Malan, Root, Pope, Bairstow, Moeen and Woakes are all free scoring players naturally so if play is still going deep into the evening session then I think we will get a result either way.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 06 Sep 2021, 1:00 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:News away from this game - Saqib Mahmood went off mid over holding his side for Lancashire in their county game today.

Another quick appears to be down

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 8:07 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:According to the Guardian match report 95 overs will be bowled tomorrow as they're still making up time from day three.

Pretty sure that’s incorrect re: overs Duty

Yeah, the journalist in question has acknowledged it was an error. Just the usual 90 (despite the number of overs lost due to slow over-rates!).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:15 am

king_carlos wrote:I was working today so didn't see all of it but had the stream on in the background for much of the day. It is very enticingly poised.

He has assistance against the lefties. In Malan and Pope we has two batsman to bowl at that play seam much better than spin. Burns has had his issues too. Though Root, Bairstow, Hameed and Moeen can all play spin well.

India obviously favourites but it is a very flat wicket and the ball hasn't been doing much in the air. I'm not sure I share the feeling that a draw is that likely either. Malan, Root, Pope, Bairstow, Moeen and Woakes are all free scoring players naturally so if play is still going deep into the evening session then I think we will get a result either way.

Hi Carlos - I fully follow that although a lot may depend on when England wickets fall and if we go into a primarily defensive mode as a consequence.

Wise words of someone who has closely followed the game for over half a century or just desperate for points in Joey's competition? Take your pick but probably the latter! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:42 am

guildfordbat wrote:
king_carlos wrote:I was working today so didn't see all of it but had the stream on in the background for much of the day. It is very enticingly poised.

Hi Carlos - I fully follow that although a lot may depend on when England wickets fall and if we go into a primarily defensive mode as a consequence.

Wise words of someone who has closely followed the game for over half a century or just desperate for points in Joey's competition? Take your pick but probably the latter! Wink

I'll get Garry Pankhurst onto it. I'm sure he's just as concerned and desperate as we are.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:12 am

It's certainly an interesting position: 291 runs in a day requires the scoring to be reasonably fluent but not ludicrous. A conundrum for both teams in how attacking they need to be - Kohli would probably like to keep 4 attacking fielders but would be at risk of leaking too many runs, especially to someone like Root who works the field so well.

I can see a few different scenarios:
1 - Probably most likely, India chip away at the wickets and end up winning reasonably comfortably a bit after tea.
2 - A few too many wickets fall by the time we get to say 200, and then a fighting rear-guard to hold out for a draw
3 - We bat well and see off the total with 20 minutes to spare. Would likely mean that Root has got a decent score again.
4 - The openers stay in but with a slow scoring rate, putting the win too far away (at least without major risk) and both sides settle for a drawn game by mid afternoon.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:17 am

India win the most-likely scenario.

With long chases there are some "easy" runs to start with. How often are hopes raised by a good start in a fourth-innings chase, only to be dashed when wickets fall?

England 250 all out but the series to end 2-2.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:19 am

Covered all bases there , I think , dummy_half Smile

Re the last one though : can't see India agreeing to a draw until very late in the day even if the wickets aren't falling. They've seen how quickly England can collapse once a partnership is broken.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:23 am

I think it'll be a fairly normal test match opening to the fifth and final day. England certainly won't be thinking about the required rate until at least the afternoon.

If one or no wickets fall by lunch, England will surely be pushing the score along early in the afternoon with India firmly on the defensive retreat. Such a scenario would almost eliminate the Indian win.

If two wickets fall by lunch, it's right in the balance.

If it's three wickets or more in the morning, England will have precious little hope of a win and will be indulging in a block-a-thon. India become good favourites in this scenario as they'll have the luxury of setting attacking fields for the rest of the day.

Should be a good final day with all four results possible.

Duty281

guildfordbat and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:28 am

The first hour today will be paramount. Its incredibly important that these openers survive the opening hour if England go for the win. Lose one or two wickets in the first hour and the Indian tails will be up. Very intriguing hour coming up in this series.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:29 am

I don't see wickets falling in a heap well into the 2nd session at the very least. The pitch doesn't seem like it at all. Didn't Rahul and Pant battered England around last time on a day 5 track here before they lost it going for a big chase? England doesn't have to go for an all out chase as the series will stay open with a draw. So if a few fall, they can settle for the draw. Feel a draw is more likely than what seems to be the general thinking here.
If the track is taking spin, Indian sides in the past, besides being able to choose from Anil Kumble and-or Harbhajan Singh, would have quality parttime options in Sehwag and Tendulkar, and some times Yuvraj Singh as well. Nobody to support Jadeja with a few decent overs of spin in this lineup. Rohit can bowl some Right-Arm Slow... Pujara on rare occasions have rolled his arm over for Saurashtra but can't remember him bowling in a test match. Kohli can bowl some slow military medium that won't be of any help here. Come to think of it, I have only seen Rohit and Kohli chucking some pies in tests in the past, nobody else in this lineup among the batters.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:35 am

India would be over the moon if they chip out 3 wickets in the first session and particularly so if it includes the England skipper. They would settle for a couple, so long as the score at lunch around the 150-160 mark. Think the 2nd session is going to be decisive. That's when the track might start behaving at least like a day 4 one. If India can make inroads then, they will have a new ball to work with later on... They wouldn't want England to be anywhere more than 240, and 5 or 6 down by tea...
Think this is going down to the wire!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:39 am

msp83 wrote:I don't see wickets falling in a heap well into the 2nd session at the very least. The pitch doesn't seem like it at all. Didn't Rahul and Pant battered England around last time on a day 5 track here before they lost it going for a big chase? England doesn't have to go for an all out chase as the series will stay open with a draw. So if a few fall, they can settle for the draw. Feel a draw is more likely than what seems to be the general thinking here.
If the track is taking spin, Indian sides in the past, besides being able to choose from Anil Kumble and-or Harbhajan Singh, would have quality parttime options in Sehwag and Tendulkar, and some times Yuvraj Singh as well. Nobody to support Jadeja with a few decent overs of spin in this lineup. Rohit can bowl some Right-Arm Slow... Pujara on rare occasions have rolled his arm over for Saurashtra but can't remember him bowling in a test match. Kohli can bowl some slow military medium that won't be of any help here. Come to think of it, I have only seen Rohit and Kohli chucking some pies in tests in the past, nobody else in this lineup among the batters.

Hi msp - I was just going to ask you if anyone in this India team, besides Jadeja, could bowl a bit of spin.

Resident Oval idiot Butcher was earlier talking about Kohli having his fielders around the bat today ''like rabid dogs''. Ignoring any offence those words may cause some, it seemed somewhat inappropriate if at least every other over is going to be bowled by a seamer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:52 am

Duty281 wrote:I think it'll be a fairly normal test match opening to the fifth and final day. England certainly won't be thinking about the required rate until at least the afternoon.

If one or no wickets fall by lunch, England will surely be pushing the score along early in the afternoon with India firmly on the defensive retreat. Such a scenario would almost eliminate the Indian win.

If it's three wickets or more in the morning, England will have precious little hope of a win and will be indulging in a block-a-thon. India become good favourites in this scenario as they'll have the luxury of setting attacking fields for the rest of the day.

Yep, all England should be concentrating on in the opening session is playing sensibly and ideally getting to lunch with no more than one wicket lost. Then we can reassess.

As a sad aside, I've bet a mate a pint (that's as far as my betting goes!) that the opening over will be a maiden. Smile

Obviously very good that both Burns and Hameed saw it through to stumps last night but great as well that we don't have a night watchman walking out with one of them this morning to probably gift India an early wicket and immediately raise their morale as Overton did first dig,

guildfordbat

king_carlos and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:57 am

guildfordbat wrote:
msp83 wrote:I don't see wickets falling in a heap well into the 2nd session at the very least. The pitch doesn't seem like it at all. Didn't Rahul and Pant battered England around last time on a day 5 track here before they lost it going for a big chase? England doesn't have to go for an all out chase as the series will stay open with a draw. So if a few fall, they can settle for the draw. Feel a draw is more likely than what seems to be the general thinking here.

Hi msp - I was just going to ask you if anyone in this India team, besides Jadeja, could bowl a bit of spin.

Resident Oval idiot Butcher was earlier talking about Kohli having his fielders around the bat today ''like rabid dogs''. Ignoring any offence those words may cause some, it seemed somewhat inappropriate if at least every other over is going to be bowled by a seamer.

Rohit bowled some occasional offbreaks in his early days but not for a while. More the Paul Stirling mould of spin option than Root or Labuschagne these days.

As for Butcher, yep that sounds about right. Whilst I'm no fan of him as a commentator I did think his mini-doc about black cricketers in England that aired during lunch earlier this Test was very good. Credit where due and all that!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:01 am

Wicket just looks a belter, bar that patch of rough that Jadeja will be operating with. Beautiful overhead conditions, very warm day. Ball already 32 overs old.

It's all there for England, this magnificent opportunity.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:04 am

guildfordbat wrote:

As a sad aside, I've bet a mate a pint (that's as far as my betting goes!) that the opening over will be a maiden. Smile

B*gg*r! And that's why you don't normally find me betting as Hameed takes a single off the last ball! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:04 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Duty281 wrote:I think it'll be a fairly normal test match opening to the fifth and final day. England certainly won't be thinking about the required rate until at least the afternoon.

Yep, all England should be concentrating on in the opening session is playing sensibly and ideally getting to lunch with no more than one wicket lost. Then we can reassess.

Obviously very good that both Burns and Hameed saw it through to stumps last night but great as well that we don't have a night watchman walking out with one of them this morning to probably gift India an early wicket and immediately raise their morale as Overton did first dig,

terrible news for Guildford as Hameed gets a single off the 6th ball! Remember - gamble wisely folks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:23 am

twenty minutes into the day, its clear there is not much for the seamers as of now. Time to move on to Jadeja from one end. Use Bumrah and Umesh in short spells from the other end, with a bit of Siraj and Thakur in between.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:30 am

The track looks appallingly flat for a day 5 one.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:31 am

Yep, have to get Jadeja on, seamers can't produce anything at the moment on this road.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:36 am

guildfordbat wrote:

No guildford, no semi-decent parttime spinner in this lineup. Nobody who can be trusted to bowl than an over or 2. And that too only Rohit, who has been off the field for most of England's 2nd innings. Think Mayank has been on the field for Rohit...
Cricinfo has listed Cheteshwar Pujara's bowling as legbreak. Perhaps he, like Sachin Tendulkar at the Edan Gardens in the historic test in 2001, or the historic Adelaide win in 2003, will open up the game with the ball...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:39 am

England go pass hundred and Burns gets his half-century, as Shardul, and not Jadeja, comes on as first change. Kohli showing signs of losing the plot in the first session itself!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:39 am

50 and out for Burns. Still, he did a great job thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:40 am

Oh, I should be careful saying anything critical of Lord Shardul!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:40 am

Well...that came out of nowhere. Just as Burns reached fifty.

Was a very good ball by Thakur, who bowled dreadfully in the first innings. Important innings for Malan.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by AlciG Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:40 am

msp83 wrote:England go pass hundred and Burns gets his half-century, as Shardul, and not Jadeja, comes on as first change. Kohli showing signs of losing the plot in the first session itself!

I guess that was a pretty good change by Kohli Smile

AlciG

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:41 am

Malan's a busy player. India should be careful not to gift him too many scoring opportunities at the outset.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:41 am

That was a superb delivery by Thakur
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:43 am

Lord S is getting excited and trying his bouncer. Giving Pant a bit of a workout.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:44 am

Jadeja on, and Hameed moves to his 2nd half-century of the series.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:44 am

50 for Jesus Hameed. clap

Second half-century of the series for him, hopefully he pushes on well into the afternoon.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:47 am

Handling Jadeja will be a task for Malan. When hit the footmarks, the ball did something. Jadeja usually, can bowl for days hitting the same spot. He wasn't at his best yesterday. Kohli and India would hope that Jadeja will be on top of his game today.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:56 am

https://twitter.com/ohlookitswill_/status/1434828939978027011?s=21

Interesting stat quirk!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 12:00 pm

Cricinfo noted, that the Burns-Hameed hundred partnership was the first 4th innings century partnership for England in the last 5 years. Last time they had one, they got bowled out for 164 against Bangladesh. Kohli would be hoping for something similar.
Jadeja though, his main weapon for the day, doesn't seem to be very well calibrated for action today. Not being typical Jadeja, not able to hit the spot that he wants to ball after ball.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 06 Sep 2021, 12:02 pm

Malan isn't the best player of spin either so it's double trouble with the footmarks and Jadeja. Malan playing against the spin, trying to put everything through the offside isn't pretty currently.

I'm just so thankful that Ashwin isn't playing.

England really need these two to bat a few overs together. If we start losing wickets in a bundle then it could be over very quickly.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next