The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 02 Sep 2021, 1:05 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:

Approximately 8 years ago I indirectly called a woman with whom I was having an argument in a cinema a c*nt and Galtova still gives me an earful when she remembers it.

Just out of interest, did she have a particularly strong opinion on Se7en?

She never wants to watch it when I suggest it, but I don't recall her mentioning it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Sep 2021, 1:07 pm

So she doesn't ei8ht it?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Sep 2021, 1:10 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Approximately 8 years ago I indirectly called a woman with whom I was having an argument in a cinema a c*nt and Galtova still gives me an earful when she remembers it.

She never wants to watch it when I suggest it, but I don't recall her mentioning it.

Not Galtova, the other one you called a c*nt.

Don't worry, I thought it was an amusing nod back to a story on here from years ago but clearly it wasn't. Michaels would have l*l'd out loud had he not died.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 02 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Don't worry, I thought it was an amusing nod back to a story on here from years ago but clearly it wasn't. Michaels would have l*l'd out loud had he not died.

Apologies, straight over my head. May as well have been an elite-level Jules pun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Apologies, straight over my head. May as well have been an elite-level Jules pun.

Is there any other kind?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 02 Sep 2021, 8:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Is there any other kind?

The kind in which my frown is slowly replaced by a big sh*t-eating grin.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Sep 2021, 8:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Is there any other kind?

superflyweight wrote:So she doesn't ei8ht it?  

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Sep 2021, 8:41 am

Oh, and a fist!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Sep 2021, 9:54 am

superflyweight wrote:Oh, and a fist!

Unconvential and quite, quite thrilling.

Sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 10:14 am

I liked it, champ. It wasn't l*l out loud worthy but I had a brief smile about it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Sep 2021, 10:30 am

I liked it, champ. It wasn't l*l out loud worthy but I had a brief smile about it.

Gentle humour. There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 10:42 am

superflyweight wrote:

Gentle humour.  There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

I just had to give one of my sons a metaphorical slap for being Paralympist. Some dude that won the 1500 was being interviewed and was answering in short couple of word answers. My boy gives it "Blimey, he is a bit dull. I bet he is the life and soul of the party". I said 'it is his condition, you horrible little sh*t'.

Honestly, I doubt any of them are really mine. Especially the black one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Gentle humour.  There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

I just had to give one of my sons a metaphorical slap for being Paralympist. Some dude that won the 1500 was being interviewed and was answering in short couple of word answers. My boy gives it "Blimey, he is a bit dull. I bet he is the life and soul of the party". I said 'it is his condition, you horrible little sh*t'.

This post deserves a favourable response.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 12:28 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Thanks, Galted. This is why I am so fond of you.

Glad to see casual racism can still be funny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Sep 2021, 12:37 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I can't be racist, one of the people where I work is black.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 12:38 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Me too. One of my kids is black.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That's settled then, we can make as many racist comments as we like as they'll be ironic.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That's settled then, we can make as many racist comments as we like as they'll be ironic.

Like a black fly* in your Chardonnay.

* I'm not racist - some of my favourite flies are black.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 1:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Sep 2021, 2:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I'm not black. I'm also not racist, some of my favourite pens are black.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 2:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I'm not black.  I'm also not racist, some of my favourite pens are black.  

Is it cos I am Bic?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Sep 2021, 2:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I'm not black.  I'm also not racist, some of my favourite pens are black.  

Is it cos I am Bic?

This post also deserves a favourable response.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Sep 2021, 2:29 pm

Galted wrote:

I f*cking love you, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:13 am

Monday's unmichealising fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:34 am

Sicond.

lostinwales wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Surely you have something else to add?

I don't need to put you in your place, you do that yourself perfectly well.

No worries. I know where my place is relative to you.

Don't worry. I know where my place is relative to you, LiW. I don't need you to tell me. Laugh

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:36 am

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

lostinwales wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Surely you have something else to add?

I don't need to put you in your place, you do that yourself perfectly well.

No worries. I know where my place is relative to you.

Don't worry. I know my place. Don't need you to tell me. Laugh

Yahoo

I got angry which was bad

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:37 am

That was great. A thoroughly enjoyable exchange. OK

Now, if you've got anything positive to add about Dominic Raab... then I'm all ears.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:07 am

Pal Joey wrote:That was great. A thoroughly enjoyable exchange. OK

Now, if you've got anything positive to add about Dominic Raab... then I'm all ears.

There is nothing positive to add about Raab. There never was. 30 years ago I was on a German train and another customer was searching everywhere for the ticket he obviously didn't have. The ticket inspector stood there not moving, but you could just see the jaw clenching and the veins standing out on the man's head. I see Raab as that inspector, and that is the career which I believe would have suited a man of his abilities the most.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:23 am

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:That was great. A thoroughly enjoyable exchange. OK

There is nothing positive to add about Raab. There never was. 30 years ago I was on a German train and another customer was searching everywhere for the ticket he obviously didn't have. The ticket inspector stood there not moving, but you could just see the jaw clenching and the veins standing out on the man's head. I see Raab as that inspector, and that is the career which I believe would have suited a man of his abilities the most.

I've witnessed similar scenes on trains in Germany. Travelling from the Austrian border I casually mentioned to the old man that Passport control hadn't been through... yet. Not long after there was a commotion in the corridor. A guy in a bright red and white hooped sweater tore past our compartment followed by transit police. Then a few minutes later the ticket guy came in and sat down. He was still catching his breath. Asked him what the trouble was and he said there were a few illegal immigrants playing cat and mouse... happens all the time. Then we showed him our passports and it was all OK. Everyziing vaz beck in order, zen!

My... what a big palindrome I have.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:29 am

Pal Joey wrote:A guy in a bright red and white hooped sweater tore past our compartment followed by transit police.

Was it Wally?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 10:48 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:A guy in a bright red and white hooped sweater tore past our compartment followed by transit police.

Was it Wally?

lol. Either him or Bozo the clown from The Bucharest Big Show in Town.

There's a ripe thread "A couple of discussion points" about replacing putting balls in the golf section. Galted, super... where are you?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:42 am

I'm not Sarah Harding, unless someone else is already not her.

Morning, all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:44 am

By the way PJ did you see any coverage of Raab's appearance in front of the foreign affairs commitee over Afghanistan?

Raab did his best not to answer any questions at all, but there was this perfect moment
... in particular when Tugendhat quoted a report to him only for Raab to ask where the stats were from. Tugendhat quickly responded “your principal risk report”.

He doesn't read reports and has history of this going back to when he was Brexit secretary, he has no mastery of his brief. He went on holiday (8th August) when things were going wrong very fast, then didn't come back when asked to. I haven't checked the numbers and am wary of the way these things get talked up, but the holiday itself seemed to be at a hotel that should have been beyond the means of even a cabinet minister.

What is more stunning is that he worked in the FCO for a number of years before getting elected. He should know his brief.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:46 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Was it Wally?

lol. Either him or Bozo the clown from The Bucharest Big Show in Town.

There's a ripe thread "A couple of discussion points" about replacing putting balls in the golf section. Galted, super... where are you?

It's an excellent opportunity to discuss soft pink ladies' balls.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 11:58 am

lostinwales wrote:By the way PJ did you see any coverage of Raab's appearance in front of the foreign affairs commitee over Afghanistan?

Raab did his best not to answer any questions at all, but there was this perfect moment
... in particular when Tugendhat quoted a report to him only for Raab to ask where the stats were from. Tugendhat quickly responded “your principal risk report”.

He doesn't read reports and has history of this going back to when he was Brexit secretary, he has no mastery of his brief. He went on holiday (8th August) when things were going wrong very fast, then didn't come back when asked to. I haven't checked the numbers and am wary of the way these things get talked up, but the holiday itself seemed to be at a hotel that should have been beyond the means of even a cabinet minister.

What is more stunning is that he worked in the FCO for a number of years before getting elected. He should know his brief.

I saw glimpses of him before the committee but like you he turns my insides out. So I can't watch or listen to him for very long.

It's not right taking a holiday in the midst of a crisis. Our PM (Smirko/ScoalMo/Scotty from Marketing/The Liar from The Shire... there are so many others) did something similar. He took a family holiday in Hawaii (and posted photos) when the big bushfires were raging. He gets reminded of that all the time but the bloke is made of a shameless form of Teflon. How long can these people keep getting away with such massive blunders?.

Not for too much longer I hope... but we have the same problem as you - a weak and ineffectual opposition devoid any of potential leaders.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 06 Sep 2021, 12:39 pm

Chunks of the opposition see the real battle as the control of the Labour party and don't really seem to care about election results. It is disheartening. I think Starmer is good in many ways and his background in law really shows at PMQ's. Outside of that he can be a bit boring, and for all we need boring but competent over lying populist c*nt, I think the electorate does want more charisma. Unfortunately this means that whoever makes the most noise on the opposition benches suddenly becomes the latest leadership hope.

The kinds of attacks on Starmer that are becoming popular on social media really only help the government.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Sep 2021, 2:13 pm

lostinwales wrote:Chunks of the opposition see the real battle as the control of the Labour party and don't really seem to care about election results. It is disheartening. I think Starmer is good in many ways and his background in law really shows at PMQ's. Outside of that he can be a bit boring, and for all we need boring but competent over lying populist c*nt, I think the electorate does want more charisma. Unfortunately this means that whoever makes the most noise on the opposition benches suddenly becomes the latest leadership hope.

The kinds of attacks on Starmer that are becoming popular on social media really only help the government.

Same as here. We need an opposition leader with charisma and also a sensible point of difference in policy. There's a fine line to tread regarding ones which affect the hip pocket and sensible prudent spending of the taxpayers dollar (or pound)... but in these covid times our conservative government has had no option but to throw large sums of money out there to keep the ship afloat and most businesses ticking along - which is fair enough and was much needed.

What irks me most though is the constant political smugness and grandstanding in front of camera and then the cowardly deflection of answers when pressed by the media - usually with the words "as per our latest best health and medical advice" but carefully avoiding any names and dates. Such a bunch of calculating, slippery baastards!

As a consequence though, their traditional political point of difference being "we're the party of lower taxes (still true), more responsible spenders of your money and less spendthrift than the opposition" holds less 'truth' and has left them more susceptible to attack. More about the 'how' the money should have been spent rather than the 'why' though. Times have indeed changed. We all see and hear what is happening every day (from both sides), there's no hiding from that. It's a painfully repetitive and horrible state of affairs.

However, the opposition still can't make inroads and gain sufficient traction. The polls are showing a slight improvement in 2PP but the ALP is still behind on preferred leader - Anthony Albanese always seems to come across as a whinger. They are both cringey, whingy, whiney types though.

There's always a few pot shots from the sidelines about how they would handle the epidemic better, e.g. by throwing people $300 to get the jab when the numbers are now picking up with more vaccine supply (too late... just bad timing and seen as wasteful). Then he goes missing or travelling interstate when the rest of us are all still stuck where we are. Then he focuses on certain popular issues with the media, which whilst extremely important (like women's rights, racism, violence & domestic abuse, indigenous rights and health, etc) -  but he always seems to deliver the message poorly and the tone and choice of words can be perceived as party political cheap shots by many people. Or seen as using sensitive emotional hot topics to score popularity points.

There's also no focus on the bigger global / macro economic picture. Very quiet on foreign affairs, defence and the big elephant in the room - China. Their policies also seem very similar to the LNP anyway, or the point of policy distinction between the two main parties seems to be converging in an attempt to get rid of the unpopular policies which lost them the last election. That's why we call him Each-Way Albo.

Same with our state politics here. It's even worse. It may as well be 8 or 18 separate nations! They (the respective state leaders) are always right and everyone else (the other states) are wrong.  There's so much spite, rivalry, cruelty, point-scoring and petty behaviour. It's hard to believe we're supposed to be a Federation. Well, that's not working too well at the moment - it's such a pity. It's in your face every day and it feels as though we're tending toward a series of separate parochial authoritarian societies governed by their unique sets of strict laws and heavy fines.

Starting to think that Mad Max movies are Prophecies... not just family entertainment. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Sep 2021, 5:37 pm

Galted wrote:

...and that was the last we saw of either of them, as they moved on to their new life together.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 07 Sep 2021, 8:20 am

Tuesday Fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Sep 2021, 9:08 am

Sicond.
Might need to change your username to fistinwales.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 Sep 2021, 9:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

...and that was the last we saw of either of them, as they moved on to their new life together.

Probably having a little cuddle in Runcorn as we speak.

Tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Sep 2021, 9:34 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Probably having a little cuddle in Runcorn as we speak.  

Tird.  

That would break all sorts of CC rules.

I went to The Oval yesterday though which is probably in the general vicinity of G-Unit. I saw a lot of people striding purposely with rugged footwear so could well have been him.

Wish I hadn't gone to be honest. There was an inevitability that they would lose. As ever with England test cricket, it is the hope that kills you. Although we should applaud them really. It takes a special level of skill to bowl a team out for 191 in their first dig and still manage to lose by a whopping 157 runs.

I've got a roaring hangover today. Might not bother helping Mrs Windows with any work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Sep 2021, 10:05 am

I'm just relieved you weren't Michael K Williams.

I knew you weren't Hugh Jackman's dad, Christopher. He'd never let his son wear sunglasses at night at Chicago O'Hare and throw tantrums at the airport staff.

Apologies for the long rant above but I was distressed when the wickets started to fall and had to get it all on the record.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue 07 Sep 2021, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oooh typo!)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Sep 2021, 11:41 am

I'm not Omar either. An OD is a proper way to go, not being shot by a ten-year-old.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:12 pm

I'm not conservative manifesto promises.

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:17 pm

Ricardo's back! Soup for lunch? How''s the new job going?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm

Galted wrote:I'm not Omar either. An OD is a proper way to go, not being shot by a ten-year-old.

Whoa, whoa, whoa SPOILER ALERT! I didn't know he'd died of an overdose.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm

superflyweight wrote:Ricardo's back!  Soup for lunch?  How''s the new job going?  

Wothcha supes, I did have Chicken & Sweetcorn soup for lunch with some CoFresh Chili and lime crisps, 7/10

New job is good, but consulting for an American company means for some weird hours and very happy clappy all hands and meetings, hence my frequent deaths.

You well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:50 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Ricardo's back!  Soup for lunch?  How''s the new job going?  

Wothcha supes, I did have Chicken & Sweetcorn soup for lunch with some CoFresh Chili and lime crisps, 7/10

New job is good, but consulting for an American company means for some weird hours and very happy clappy all hands and meetings, hence my frequent deaths.

You well?

Yeah fine. Will be down in your sort of neck of the woods in a few weeks to visit my mate in Leeds and to do a tour of various tap rooms in the area.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Sep 2021, 2:45 pm

Excellent, there are some great bars in Leeds, loads of really nice food too.

Let me know when I will endeavor not to break cup rules.

I am sure your mate has it covered but if you need some recommendations let me know.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next