The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 4 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 4 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Sep 2021, 3:19 pm

Sophistication? Sophistication? Don't talk to me about sophistication luv, I've BEEN to Leeds.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 4 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Sep 2021, 4:03 pm

Gotta love a bit of early Enfield.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 07 Sep 2021, 4:13 pm

We had a run of going to watch the Easter jousting tournament at the Royal armouries in Leeds. It was fun.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Sep 2021, 6:26 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

This post also deserves a favourable response.

I f*cking love you, Galted.

...and that was the last we saw of either of them, as they moved on to their new life together.

Probably having a little cuddle in Runcorn as we speak.  

Tird.  

That would break all sorts of CC rules.

I went to The Oval yesterday though which is probably in the general vicinity of G-Unit. I saw a lot of people striding purposely with rugged footwear so could well have been him.

Wish I hadn't gone to be honest. There was an inevitability that they would lose. As ever with England test cricket, it is the hope that kills you. Although we should applaud them really. It takes a special level of skill to bowl a team out for 191 in their first dig and still manage to lose by a whopping 157 runs.

I've got a roaring hangover today. Might not bother helping Mrs Windows with any work.

You're in luck, I'm in Houston at the moment. Kept it quiet as I wasn't sure I'd be allowed into the States and didn't want to have to spend two weeks pretending while you and Julius picked holes in my story.
You can all rest assured that, although I may be posting sporadically and at odd hours, the quality of my posts will in no way be compromised.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm

Galted wrote:I'm in Houston at the moment.

Matt or Whitney?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Sep 2021, 7:40 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I'm in Houston at the moment.

Matt or Whitney?

Good think I don't holiday vacation in Pratt's Bottom.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:25 am

Galted wrote:the quality of my posts will in no way be compromised.

Galted wrote:Good think I don't holiday vacation in Pratt's Bottom

Cleary not.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:31 am

Fist. Cleary not.

Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Fist. Cleary not.

Sicond.

For the sake of f*ck.

This will teach me for posting so early.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:38 am

Tird. Strange absence of clouds in the sky which is now this unusual blue colour. It's just not normal

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:48 am

Tino, will this warm weather confuse the spiders, who were heading indoors for a warm cuddle?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino, will this warm weather confuse the spiders, who were heading indoors for a warm cuddle?

I don't think so, Jules. This is the very start of the season so it might delay it a touch but other than that, your house is still going to be crawling with potential killer spiders.

If this weather carried on for weeks which, sadly, it won't then it might mess them up a bit but I don't think a few warmer days will spare you from almost certain death from spider bites.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:03 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino, will this warm weather confuse the spiders, who were heading indoors for a warm cuddle?

I don't think so, Jules. This is the very start of the season so it might delay it a touch but other than that, your house is still going to be crawling with potential killer spiders.

If this weather carried on for weeks which, sadly, it won't then it might mess them up a bit but I don't think a few warmer days will spare you from almost certain death from spider bites.

I'm preparing for the spider surge here now. The days and nights are getting warmer.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:11 am

Pal Joey wrote:

I'm preparing for the spider surge here now. The days and nights are getting warmer.

Our spider surge is considerably more dangerous than yours, Pee Jay.

Some people have had some really nasty nips from false widows. It will be a miracle if we all survive the Autumn.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:13 am

I'll be OK. I'm double-vaccinated.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Some people have had some really nasty nips from false widows. It will be a miracle if we all survive the Autumn.

A bloke got nipped by a shark the other day. Didn't survive.
Seems to be more attacks every year... or maybe more people swimming at isolated spots all year round? I blame wetsuits.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:16 am

I think we'll be OK. Our house is fully protected by those spiders with really long thin legs that make messy webs (daddy long legs?) We also have some pretty big house spiders that range all over the place

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:17 am

Doing some work for Woolworth's at the moment, peej, in a pre covid world, we could have been having an IRL beer, maybe next year.

I don't think it breaks rules if it's intercontinental, right?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:18 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Seems to be more attacks every year... or maybe more people swimming at isolated spots year round?

All part of the ecological disaster the human race are heading for, Pee Jay. We've over fished and encouraged sharks closer to shore looking for food and also encouraged them in by essentially chumming the coastlines so people can dive with them. Mostly "harmless" breeds but the bigger Apex sharks are following them in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:22 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Doing some work for Woolworth's at the moment, peej, in a pre covid world, we could have been having an IRL beer, maybe next year.

I don't think it breaks rules if it's intercontinental, right?

Really? That's my go to store down the road here.

Nah.. no restrictions for intercontinental meet ups. I've met a few posters already. If they send you down here we can go for an IRL beer for sure.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:24 am

That would be super, peej, fingers crossed for some normality next year I expect.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:29 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:That would be super, peej, fingers crossed for some normality next year I expect.

There's a big push to open up soon. Gathering momentum with jabs after being slow to start. They're also about to introduce vaccine passports because obviously they want the Ashes to go ahead. Resort style accommodation for players and families is being organised as we type.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:58 am

Pal Joey wrote:

they want the Ashes to go ahead. .

I bet they f*cking do.

5 - 0.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:04 am

Pal Joey wrote:

they want the Ashes to go ahead. .

I bet they f*cking do.

5 - 0.

Laugh Fingers crossed.

You never know though...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:07 am

lostinwales wrote:I think we'll be OK. Our house is fully protected by those spiders with really long thin legs that make messy webs (daddy long legs?) We also have some pretty big house spiders that range all over the place

Daddy long legs aren't spiders, they are crane flies. Even I know that. Tino, where did you get this guy?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:09 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:I think we'll be OK. Our house is fully protected by those spiders with really long thin legs that make messy webs (daddy long legs?) We also have some pretty big house spiders that range all over the place

Daddy long legs aren't spiders, they are crane flies. Even I know that. Tino, where did you get this guy?

We were low on members, Jules. Had to fast track his membership.

At least he completed the forms.

Duty just turned up like a migrant in a dinghy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I know about crane flies. The same term is sometimes used for harvestmen too (which I think are spectacular btw) I was trying to look for the correct name on the web and the first place I looked used that term.

The shame..

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:38 am

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I know about crane flies. The same term is sometimes used for harvestmen too (which I think are spectacular btw) I was trying to look for the correct name on the web and the first place I looked used that term.

The shame..

So what's a cellar spider then? We have those flimsy looking crane flies (with wings) and also what we call daddy long legs spiders. Some can get quite big. They don't have wings. The abdomen can be as big as a large grain of rice... or even slightly bigger. They love corners of ceilings and wet areas. I always leave them where they are to devour other smaller insects... especially mosquitoes. They do that vibrating thing (without the use of any sex aids) when disturbed.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:56 am

Common Name
Cellar Spiders or Daddy Longlegs

https://spiderid.com/spider/pholcidae/

Ours seem to be a good size (for the UK) and have a nice two tone abdomen

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:01 am

Tino you'll like this

https://www.falsewidowspider.org.uk/bites

Strange person writes:

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:13 am

lostinwales wrote:Tino you'll like this

Strange person writes:

Some great comments on there.

Taz at the end is the best one. She is just a f*cking moron.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:14 am

Strange person writes:

That's a good read.

Had a tiny mark on my arm just below the elbow a few weeks back. I may have been bitten by something whilst reaching into the pool hutch to turn the filter pump switch on. Noticed there were many more fine webs there that day. About an hour later this tiny mark got really itchy. Gave it a good scratch. Then the wound got a bit shiny and blistery looking. Fast forward a day and there was a black scab there. I've been putting all sorts of creams on it (savlon, betadine, calamine lotion... even squeezing lemon juice and dabbing aftershave on it. (I like that stinging sensation!)  All that's resulted is a mark which looks as though it will be there for a while now. Maybe some salt water might help?

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:16 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Strange person writes:

That's a good read.

Had a tiny mark on my arm just below the elbow a few weeks back. I may have been bitten by something whilst reaching into the pool hut to turn the filter pump switch on. Noticed there were many more fine webs there that day. About an hour later this tiny mark got really itchy. Gave it a good scratch. Then the wound got a bit shiny and blistery looking. Fast forward a day and there was a black scab there. I've been putting all sorts of creams on it (savlon, betadine, calamine lotion... even squeezing lemon juice and aftershave on it. (I like that stinging sensation!)  All that's resulted is a mark which looks as though it will be there for a while now. Maybe some salt water might help?

Cut your arm off. Only way to be safe.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:17 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Strange person writes:

That's a good read.

Had a tiny mark on my arm just below the elbow a few weeks back. I may have been bitten by something whilst reaching into the pool hut to turn the filter pump switch on. Noticed there were many more fine webs there that day. About an hour later this tiny mark got really itchy. Gave it a good scratch. Then the wound got a bit shiny and blistery looking. Fast forward a day and there was a black scab there. I've been putting all sorts of creams on it (savlon, betadine, calamine lotion... even squeezing lemon juice and aftershave on it. (I like that stinging sensation!)  All that's resulted is a mark which looks as though it will be there for a while now. Maybe some salt water might help?

Cut your arm off. Only way to be safe.

Laugh  Was thinking a bit of sandpaper and petrol might do the trick.

I'm not Neddy Smith by the way.

Had a bizarre experience in 2007 when I was recovering in hospital after breaking my leg. There was this shady bloke in the same ward who started chatting with me as I was coming back to my senses... high on morphine. He was proud to call himself a bagman for a notorious criminal and was telling me all sorts of stories I really wasn't expecting to hear. Guns, robberies, loose women, being on the run and hiding from the cops... or paying them off. That sort of thing. At the time the Australian Open was on and we were both watching it... the comments he made were hilarious. Then his daughter turns up for a visit. About my age. First thing she does before saying hello to him is "What's he been telling you?" Anyway, to cut a long story short; I ended up getting her phone number. Turns out she lived only a few blocks away. Never used it though. Too scared to bump into her Dad even though we got on very well. He even said that I'd make a great gangster. I must have been spilling my beans too after the operation.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 08 Sep 2021, 11:29 am

Mum was a beekeeper but didn't do well with stings. She got stung on the face once and could barely see with the swelling.

Insects are b@stards

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Sep 2021, 12:02 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Insects are b@stards

You're lucky membership is so low.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Sep 2021, 1:33 pm

Pal Joey wrote:I must have been spilling my beans too after the operation.

Were the stitches too loose?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 2:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:I must have been spilling my beans too after the operation.

Were the stitches too loose?

Some must have slipped through the bandages.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Sep 2021, 2:30 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Seems to be more attacks every year... or maybe more people swimming at isolated spots year round?

All part of the ecological disaster the human race are heading for, Pee Jay. We've over fished and encouraged sharks closer to shore looking for food and also encouraged them in by essentially chumming the coastlines so people can dive with them. Mostly "harmless" breeds but the bigger Apex sharks are following them in.

Went swimming off Freeport the other day. Was sh*tting it as the water was murky as f*ck but didn't want to lose face with all the p*ssed up Russkis on the beach.

Fortunately it was fairly shallow so could wade out quite far and splash about in knee-deep water. Returned with all limbs intact though it didn't do my day one sunburn any good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Sep 2021, 2:49 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Went swimming off Freeport the other day. Was sh*tting it as the water was murky as f*ck but didn't want to lose face with all the p*ssed up Russkis on the beach.

Fortunately it was fairly shallow so could wade out quite far and splash about in knee-deep water. Returned with all limbs intact though it didn't do my day one sunburn any good.

See any Cubans?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Sep 2021, 3:36 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

See any Cubans?

Can't be sure, didn't have my glasses with me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:10 pm

They were probably close, but no cigar.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Sep 2021, 5:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:They were probably close, but no cigar.

clap clap

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 09 Sep 2021, 8:36 am

Thursday thirst first fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 09 Sep 2021, 9:38 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:They were probably close, but no cigar.

A lovely old job and no mistake.

Sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Sep 2021, 10:11 am

Cuban = tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Sep 2021, 10:18 am

Forthel Castro

Morning, notches.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 09 Sep 2021, 2:43 pm

Sh*t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Sep 2021, 2:55 pm

Excellent trans-Atlantic unmichealsing, Galted. Might be a CC first.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 09 Sep 2021, 3:44 pm

Thanks, Julius. Didn't think much of it until I read your wonderfully poetic description

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next