The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:48 pm

Afternoon tird. Bloody slow on here over the last few days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:51 pm

superflyweight wrote:Afternoon tird.  Bloody slow on here over the last few days.  

Insect chat?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:53 pm

I'm on holiday in Kent. A little screen in the hotel lift informed me that dragonflies only live for 24 hours. Is that correct?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm on holiday in Kent. A little screen in the hotel lift informed me that dragonflies only live for 24 hours. Is that correct?

I'm calling bullsh*t on that, Jules. I don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain it is longer than that.

A few weeks at least. If not a few months. They basically just survive long enough to get laid and reproduce. I don't think they could all do that in 24 hours. That is just some massive dragonfly orgy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm on holiday in Kent. A little screen in the hotel lift informed me that dragonflies only live for 24 hours. Is that correct?

Better to err on the side of caution. I wouldn't leave any footwear on the balcony overnight.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm

I would've thought my wasp anecdote would've captured the collective imagination of 606v2, very disappointed that there's a conspiracy to ignore it afoot.

Went down a treat on Mumsnet, tit and clunge pics galore.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I'm calling bullsh*t on that, Jules. I don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain it is longer than that.

A few weeks at least. If not a few months. They basically just survive long enough to get laid and reproduce. I don't think they could all do that in 24 hours. That is just some massive dragonfly orgy.

I've got a couple of mates that would never die if that was the rule for humans.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Mayflies would be the ones who only live for 24 hours. I seem to remember they don't even have mouths. Their one purpose is to get laid.

Dragonflies are almost as ruthless as their larvae

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Galted wrote:I would've thought my wasp anecdote would've captured the collective imagination of 606v2, very disappointed that there's a conspiracy to ignore it afoot.

I referenced it yesterday morning. Remember?

By the way, was it wearing a miniature Mexican sombrero or a mini 10-gallon hat?
The red colour is unusual. Sounds like it was from south of the border.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:44 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:I would've thought my wasp anecdote would've captured the collective imagination of 606v2, very disappointed that there's a conspiracy to ignore it afoot.

By the way, was it wearing a miniature Mexican sombrero or a mini 10-gallon hat?

Your response is much cherished, PJ. It is the rest of the posters who have disappointed me greatly. The c*nts didn't even bother to ask about my leg.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm

How is your leg, Galted?

This place comes alive when we talk about insects.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

How is the leg, Galted?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Your response is much cherished, PJ. It is the rest of the posters who have disappointed me greatly. The c*nts didn't even bother to ask about my leg.

You should probably get it amputated. Once the poison is in that part behind the knee it's likely to settle down at your foot and you'll notice some swelling around the ankle. Keep an eye on it and don't get too shocked if your foot starts to turn a greenish-black.

What time is it there? Just checked. Nearly 10 a.m. I see. It's 1 a.m. here... I'm watching a silly French comedy which is nearly finished.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Pal Joey wrote:I'm watching a silly French comedy which is nearly finished.

Allo allo, Pee Jay.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:04 pm

Pal Joey wrote:I'm watching a silly French comedy which is nearly finished.

Allo allo, Pee Jay.

There's something quite funny about the seaside there and the way they all behave. Like the time I saw some fat German? tourist slip over on the silty sand near Le Mont-Saint-Michel landing flat on his back. It was quite early in the day too. Or the kid that dropped his ice cream just after he bought it. I tried hard not to laugh but it was impossible not to smile at least.

Here we just dive into the rolling surf and if we're unlucky, straight into a swarm of bluebottles... or the jaws of a shark. Life is full of risk.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:How is your leg, Galted?

It's ok now, should be able to use it again tomorrow. My first thought after being relieved that I wasn't in Australia was that the pain was worth it for the simple reason that Tino might enjoy the insect theme of the anecdote, so you can understand my distress at your indifference.

I've bought two pairs of cargo shorts to console myself which is an added incentive to keep the leg.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 am

Thursday fist

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:11 am

Sicond again.

Morning LiW.
How's it going... thus far. Any interesting plans for the day?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:18 am

Morning PJ (evening?) Mainly lots of work. Three active projects and two proposals to consider, whilst fighting with motivation working from home and trying to deal with a small cat with a very loud voice that is sitting and shouting at me for no apparent reason.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:30 am

lostinwales wrote:Morning PJ (evening?) Mainly lots of work. Three active projects and two proposals to consider, whilst fighting with motivation working from home and trying to deal with a small cat with a very loud voice that is sitting and shouting at me for no apparent reason.

First part sounds great so I'd just concentrate on that and shut the rest out as much as possible. Give the small cat some attention every now and then though...

I'm in a similar boat. Working on proposals but a few distractions.

I've actually gone back to school days and mapped out a weekly timetable. Had a dream about it last week so I gathered it was an important thing I could incorporate into my routine now. Printed it out and stuck it on the board. Now trying to stick to the plan.

It feels good actually. I have 'recess' and 'lunch'. Double fist/last period of exercise (walk or bike ride) either early morning or late afternoon a couple of times a week. It frees the mind...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Morning PJ (evening?) Mainly lots of work. Three active projects and two proposals to consider, whilst fighting with motivation working from home and trying to deal with a small cat with a very loud voice that is sitting and shouting at me for no apparent reason.

First part sounds great so I'd just concentrate on that and shut the rest out as much as possible. Give the small cat some attention every now and then though...

I'm in a similar boat. Working on proposals but a few distractions.

I've actually gone back to school days and mapped out a weekly timetable. Had a dream about it last week so I gathered it was an important thing I could incorporate into my routine now. Printed it out and stuck it on the board. Now trying to stick to the plan.

It feels good actually. I have 'recess' and 'lunch'. Double fist/last period of exercise (walk or bike ride) either early morning or late afternoon a couple of times a week. It frees the mind...

That is good idea.

The other thing I am playing with is just getting onto the computer when I first get up and getting an hour in before the usual start of day routines. When it works its undistracted time and you go into the rest of the day knowing you have an hour of solid work under your belt.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:22 pm

Galted wrote:

It's ok now, should be able to use it again tomorrow. My first thought after being relieved that I wasn't in Australia was that the pain was worth it for the simple reason that Tino might enjoy the insect theme of the anecdote, so you can understand my distress at your indifference.

I've bought two pairs of cargo shorts to console myself which is an added incentive to keep the leg.

I'm sorry Galted, I will never be indifferent to your insect stories again.

If you do lose a leg, you can do that thing that one legged people do and tie the end of your cargo shorts in a knot. Or would you just go stump out to scare young kids?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 pm

Galted wrote:

If you do lose a leg, you can do that thing that one legged people do and tie the end of your cargo shorts in a knot. Or would you just go stump out to scare young kids?

Plus there is the opportunity for the rest of us to reuse quotes from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njK6zQp2Fdk&ab_channel=dwaynepipe59

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Galted wrote:

I'd get a prosthetic shaped like a grasshopper leg and scare everybody.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:23 am

Friday Fist

I am not even working full time today

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:01 am

Sicond. Morning LiW.

Evening here so just getting into sports mode. I'll chip away at the garden tomorrow. Small steps to keep it under control. Had an infestation of aphids on my magnolia trees last week. Got such a shock when I had a look up close. Sprayed it with some "Eco Oil". Seems to have done the trick.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond. Morning LiW.

Evening here so just getting into sports mode. I'll chip away at the garden tomorrow. Small steps to keep it under control. Had an infestation of aphids on my magnolia trees last week. Got such a shock when I had a look up close. Sprayed it with some "Eco Oil". Seems to have done the trick.

Never mind magnolia tress, Pee Jay. I'm just glad you've chosen to join us and our "special" friends in the next Cold War.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 pm

What's this about attacking China with e.coli infested bugs?

Was supposed to be a day off (ish) and ended up in 2hrs of meetings instead

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:27 pm

lostinwales wrote:What's this about attacking China with e.coli infested bugs?

I've had a message from the colleague who's been covering me for the last two weeks to say that he's pretty much done f*ck all so Monday should be fun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:56 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:What's this about attacking China with e.coli infested bugs?

I've had a message from the colleague who's been covering me for the last two weeks to say that he's pretty much done f*ck all so Monday should be fun.

Houston, you'll have a problem.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:09 am

Self-unmichaelsing fist, notches.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:19 am

Sicond. Can't leave you talking to yourself all day even if this is the only time I post today

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:32 am

Turns out RicK was Jimmy Greaves and Tino was that bloke from Only Fools and Horses. No wonder it's sh1t on here today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino was that bloke from Only Fools and Horses. No wonder it's sh1t on here today.

It's a poisoned chalice, that's for sure.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 pm

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino was that bloke from Only Fools and Horses. No wonder it's sh1t on here today.

Don't start with the puns, you'll trigger everyone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:19 pm

Galted wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Don't start with the puns, you'll trigger everyone.

He's created a Rodney for his own back.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 pm

I'm not dead.

Not physically anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm not dead.

Not physically anyway.

Hang in there. You're only two posts away from a life-supporting booster palindrome.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:09 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Not physically anyway.

Hang in there. You're only two posts away from a life-supporting booster palindrome.

Blimey. I better have think about it and make it a zinger.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Not physically anyway.

Yes, it's worth haberdashery at it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Not physically anyway.

Yes, it's worth haberdashery at it.

I'm not going to waste it on a pun, Pee Jay. It will be way more exciting than that.

You'll not catch me out that easily.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:27 am

Sicond fist of the week.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:26 am

Sicond sicond for me I think.

How's it going, Jules?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:33 am

Less than 11 years til I retire PJ. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:48 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Less than 11 years til I retire PJ. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Were there any nice retirement homes you saw during your recent trip to Kent? Somewhere nice by the sea or a little bit inland perhaps?

I was reading about some of the actors from the Carry On movies. It's interesting to note that Charles Hawtrey, who had very few friends, lived in Deal, Kent. In fact he tripped over the threshold (or some say collapsed) in the doorway of the Royal Hotel... breaking his leg. A few days later he threw a vase at a hospital nurse who asked for his autograph. He had refused to have his leg(s) amputated. Quite depressing that story. A lot them are gone now. That nice Aussie bird, Patsy Ann Noble, died earlier this year, a month or so after Barbara Windsor.

As my Gran once told me... "It's not nice growing old, you know...."

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:15 pm

Morning, or what is left of it.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Less than 11 years til I retire PJ. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Were there any nice retirement homes you saw during your recent trip to Kent? Somewhere nice by the sea or a little bit inland perhaps?

I was reading about some of the actors from the Carry On movies. It's interesting to note that Charles Hawtrey, who had very few friends, lived in Deal, Kent. In fact he tripped over the threshold (or some say collapsed) in the doorway of the Royal Hotel... breaking his leg. A few days later he threw a vase at a hospital nurse who asked for his autograph. He had refused to have his leg(s) amputated. Quite depressing that story. A lot them are gone now. That nice Aussie bird, Patsy Ann Noble, died earlier this year, a month or so after Barbara Windsor.

Depressing story but fairly funny if you imagine it as a Carry On film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:59 pm

Morning. Just.

Having just been on a palindrome, I am debating whether to post anymore. If I don't you'll all remember me as the guy who ended on a palindrome. The James Dean of the CC. The good die (again) young middle aged.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Depressing story but fairly funny if you imagine it as a Carry On film.

Watched a couple of them recently just to waste some time.
If I recall correctly, Guildford is fairly knowledgeable on those movies.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Morning. Just.

Having just been on a palindrome, I am debating whether to post anymore. If I don't you'll all remember me...

I wouldn't count on it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next