The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 04 Oct 2021, 11:16 am

lostinwales wrote:I used to live in Charlton. We were fully cut off on Marathon days as the nutters would use both the top and bottom roads

I used to rant and rave about how I couldn't get across Trafalgar Road even though I had no need to or intention of doing so. Now I quite enjoy it, my kid got to cheer for a minion, an ice-cream on legs and the obligatory rhino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon 04 Oct 2021, 11:30 am

It is probably 30 years ago but I can remember the sound of 1000's of feet hitting the ground.

Those rhino costumes are insane.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Oct 2021, 5:05 pm

One of my cats has half killed a pigeon, but can't be arses to finish it off. It can no longer fly enough to escape.
Don't really want to have to bludgeon it to death to put it out of its misery.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 04 Oct 2021, 5:31 pm

In the end, gathered it up in an old blanket and deposited it on the other side of the canal, where it hopped into the undergrowth. Fox food.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 04 Oct 2021, 6:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote: but can't be arses to finish it off

What a shame.  Deflected massively from the tragic story of the pigeon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 04 Oct 2021, 11:49 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote: but can't be arses to finish it off

What a shame.  Deflected massively from the tragic story of the pigeon.

It was a Marxian slip obviously.

Had a similar thing happen here two weeks ago, Jules. Not my cat - but a local cat - half murdered a pigeon next door.

This gruesome act set of a cacophony of bird noise just after sunrise. When I went out to see what all the commotion was about there was a huge crow (or currawong to be more accurate) perched on the still flinching pigeon body; tearing strips off it. There were feathers and blood all over my neighbour's beautifully manicured front lawn.

At about 10am I saw the old fella walk out and 'pretend' not to notice the mangled bird on his way to the shops. Impossible not to notice all the gore! Then at about midday I heard his daughter exclaim in a loud voice "You're not going to leave it out there, are you? Go and do something about it!"
I happened to be innocently fishing a leaf out of the pool at the time so overheard the discussion. By then a wing had been twisted and almost detached from the victim and the body was located close to the road on the nature strip.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Oct 2021, 8:23 am

Fist. Still upset by Julius's arses.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Oct 2021, 8:33 am

Sicons.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Oct 2021, 9:01 am

Tirdes?

One of the cats seems to claim an annual sacrifice. Last year he had caught a recently fledged sparrow. I was able to rescue it at the time. Later we found its head on the kitchen floor staring at the ceiling. We have been warned.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Oct 2021, 9:17 am

L*l out loud. I'd hate to imagine the carnage if cats were allowed to be the same size as humans for a day.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Oct 2021, 9:28 am

Galted wrote:L*l out loud.  I'd hate to imagine the carnage if cats were allowed to be the same size as humans for a day.

Have you ever heard of tigers or lions?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Oct 2021, 9:52 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:L*l out loud.  I'd hate to imagine the carnage if cats were allowed to be the same size as humans for a day.

Have you ever heard of tigers or lions?

They tend not to have to spend the day being aggravated by their owners (except for in Texas and California).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Oct 2021, 10:13 am

Popped up to the Peak District with Mrs Windows for a filthy weekend of top level shagging.

I was more amazed (as was Mrs Windows) by the lack of queues and full volumes of fuel to be found in Derbyshire. Like a different planet. Nice and orderly, no fist fights on the forecourt and not a jerry can to be seen.

I've lived in the South East for a long time now but this has confirmed my long held suspicion that people round here are complete c*nts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Oct 2021, 10:20 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Popped up to the Peak District with Mrs Windows for a filthy weekend of top level shagging.

I was more amazed (as was Mrs Windows) by the lack of queues and full volumes of fuel to be found in Derbyshire. Like a different planet. Nice and orderly, no fist fights on the forecourt and not a jerry can to be seen.

I've lived in the South East for a long time now but this has confirmed my long held suspicion that people round here are complete c*nts.

Hard not to agree with that.  Shortly after we moved into our flat, I had the pleasure of watching two couriers involved in a fist fight because one was upset about the angle at which the other's van was parked.  Soon descended into a rolling about on the ground with neither able to free his arms to land a punch but it made for good entertainment, especially the 'f*ck you', 'no f*ck you' exchange, a bit short of the level of wordplay I've got used to on here with Julius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Oct 2021, 10:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Popped up to the Peak District with Mrs Windows for a filthy weekend of top level shagging.

Who did you meet up with?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Oct 2021, 10:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Who did you meet up with?

You've rumbled me. Mrs Windows was more interested in the breath taking scenery rather than any breath taking shagging. I used to think I would retire to either the North or perhaps Canada but I am now thinking the Peak District. Lovely part of the world.

I've been reading through the chat though. Loved the Rowley/Rowley & Crowley/Crowley back and forth. Top work.

Less impressed with your arses though, Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Oct 2021, 10:33 am

We live on the edge of the peak district and we really like it here. I admit we did 7 years in Swansea beforehand so we'd probably say the same about anywhere we had moved to

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Oct 2021, 11:44 am

lostinwales wrote:

We live on the edge of the peak district and we really like it here. I admit we did 7 years in Swansea beforehand so we'd probably say the same about anywhere we had moved to

I can't believe in the 40 odd years I've been alive I've never visited the area properly. Really beautiful countryside. I'd definitely go back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Oct 2021, 12:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I can't believe in the 40 odd years I've been alive I've never visited the area properly. Really beautiful countryside. I'd definitely go back.

First time we came up to the peak district it was a holiday pre kids in April. Weather was sh!t. Stayed in a cottage on a farm where we could not get the fire going and the bed had a plastic sheet over the mattress so you sweated regardless of the temperature. The now wife was also an editorial freelancer at the time and managed to bring work with her. I have had better weeks.

Where we are now is genuinely pretty. We are about a mile from Marple Aqueduct.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Oct 2021, 4:41 pm

I suspect we won't be hearing from superfly or riCK for a while - the Pandora Papers must be a nightmare for their clients.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 05 Oct 2021, 5:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I suspect we won't be hearing from superfly or riCK for a while - the Pandora Papers must be a nightmare for their clients.

I heard that Tino's got an allotment in Runcorn which has aroused suspicions.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Oct 2021, 6:22 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I suspect we won't be hearing from superfly or riCK for a while - the Pandora Papers must be a nightmare for their clients.

I heard that Tino's got an allotment in Runcorn which has aroused suspicions.

Paid for by a secret account in the Isle of Man.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Oct 2021, 8:14 am

Probing unofficial fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Oct 2021, 8:47 am

Sicond somewhat surprised at PJ's probing fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:00 am

Tird. Little surprises me on this thread anymore. Some of it goes way over my head though.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:27 am

Galted wrote:Sicond somewhat surprised at PJ's probing fist.

I was using gloves of course.
We moved the clocks forward on Sunday so maybe it's earlier (or later) for you now from my perspective.
So it's +10 hours now rather than +9 hours time difference.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:27 am

Tino, what are those insects that are shaped like a medium sized moth but are green with translucent wings?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino, what are those insects that are shaped like a medium sized moth but are green with translucent wings?

A lacewing?

Spoiler:

I tend to fish the odd one out of the pool. They are so fragile but often survive and revive when I place them on a leaf in the sun nearby.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 06 Oct 2021, 10:18 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino, what are those insects that are shaped like a medium sized moth but are green with translucent wings?

A lacewing?

Spoiler:

I tend to fish the odd one out of the pool. They are so fragile but often survive and revive when I place them on a leaf in the sun nearby.

That is what I was thinking. I seem to remember they are pretty successful predators.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Oct 2021, 10:31 am

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

A lacewing?

Spoiler:

That is what I was thinking. I seem to remember they are pretty successful predators.

Yes, so they are probably not as fragile as they look. The only thing is their wings seem to be transparent (as in the image) and not translucent (as Jules states) but it wouldn't surprise me if they change over time from juvenile to adult... getting clearer as they age. Or maybe the wings get duller again right near the end - or depending on how much salt or chlorine I have in the pool?

Tino will know.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Oct 2021, 10:51 am

Come on, Tino. Everyone's counting on you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 11:11 am

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

A lacewing?

Spoiler:

Yes, so they are probably not as fragile as they look. The only thing is their wings seem to be transparent (as in the image) and not translucent (as Jules states) but it wouldn't surprise me if they change over time from juvenile to adult... getting clearer as they age. Or maybe the wings get duller again right near the end - or depending on how much salt or chlorine I have in the pool?

Tino will know.

It is indeed a lacewing PJ.
You're a gentleman.

It is currently perched high up on an interior wall, painted green, hence my confusion on the exact see-through nature of its wings.
You're a pedantic c*nt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Oct 2021, 11:15 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

A lacewing?

Spoiler:

Tino will know.

It is indeed a lacewing PJ.
You're a gentleman.

It is currently perched high up on an interior wall, painted green, hence my confusion on the exact see-through nature of its wings.
You're a pedantic c*nt.

Observe, grasshopper... lacewing in the palm of your hand as you stand in the shadow of so-called interior wall. Are wings not translucent?

Now, tilt palm of hand towards sun coming through window in exterior wall... and observe lacewing again. Are wings not transparent now?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 11:45 am

I don't know, I'm still observing the grasshopper.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 06 Oct 2021, 2:23 pm

I ate crickets in a Mexican restaurant once

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 2:28 pm

lostinwales wrote:I ate crickets in a Mexican restaurant once

No flies on you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Oct 2021, 3:56 pm

Let's bee sparing with the insect puns, please.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 4:20 pm

Galted wrote:Let's bee sparing with the insect puns, please.

Why? Do they bug you?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Oct 2021, 5:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why? Do they bug you?

They do, ant they're very childish

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 7:08 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why? Do they bug you?

Man, 'tis hard to please some people.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Oct 2021, 7:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why? Do they bug you?

I moth certainly don't approve of you dragging this out.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Oct 2021, 7:57 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why? Do they bug you?

I mite stop now.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 06 Oct 2021, 10:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why? Do they bug you?

I mite stop now.

You win, I can nit come up with any more.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 07 Oct 2021, 8:42 am

Sh*t on here today (was considering a 'louse-y on here today' but I'm not that weevil).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 07 Oct 2021, 8:43 am

Thursday Fist. Time to shake off that carapace

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 07 Oct 2021, 9:07 am

lostinwales wrote:Thursday Fist. Time to shake off that carapace

Said the slug to the snail.
Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 07 Oct 2021, 9:18 am

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Image_10

I think Super's been on the social media again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:51 pm

Afternoon.

#cans

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 07 Oct 2021, 6:07 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon.

#cans

You made a hash of that post.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 07 Oct 2021, 6:27 pm

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon.

#cans

You made a hash of that post.

You've certainly got his number.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next