The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

There appears to be little appreciation in the Tea Society for Transformers/Tombstone mash-ups.

I didn't understand them so I can't acknowledge them.

Superfly isn't dead either. He has posted his Ashes tips. He is just too good for us now. More interested in intellectual jousting with super_insecure.

RIck on the other hand is definitely dead.

If Jeff was here he'd say 'Rick_dagless?  Rick_lifeless more like'.

Jeff/Geoff is here. He lives on inside all of us.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:25 am

I'm struggling with the humidity when walking up the stairs, lost. It's pure serenity when I reach an air-conditioned zone.

Just took the tree down after procrastinating for half an hour. It's the longest I've ever had a Christmas tree up... think it was up from Nov. 25?

TheRealDeal wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:Speaking as someone who's had covid twice, I believe I have every right to call it a glorified flu bug because that's exactly what it is, don't care what people in suits and ties say on telly.

What do all the dead people call it?

I have no desire to enter into a (no)vax debate, it's as futile as discussing the shape of the Earth...however, I would like to point out that we could pose the same question for those who died from the boring, old-fashioned, non-glorified flu.

And even worse, if those who died were vaccinated and infected by the fellow vaccinated brothers in jab.
Not to mention the madness of Rafa testing positive a week ago (vaccinated) and being allowed in Oz.

Glad "telly" ruffled your middle class plumage.

Heating up on the Novax Djoko Dilemma thread. Nice work, Jules.

middle class plumage... l*l

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:43 am

Pal Joey wrote:I'm struggling with the humidity when walking up the stairs, lost. It's pure serenity when I reach an air-conditioned zone.

Just took the tree down after procrastinating for half an hour. It's the longest I've ever had a Christmas tree up... think it was up from Nov. 25?

TheRealDeal wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:Speaking as someone who's had covid twice, I believe I have every right to call it a glorified flu bug because that's exactly what it is, don't care what people in suits and ties say on telly.

I have no desire to enter into a (no)vax debate, it's as futile as discussing the shape of the Earth...however, I would like to point out that we could pose the same question for those who died from the boring, old-fashioned, non-glorified flu.

And even worse, if those who died were vaccinated and infected by the fellow vaccinated brothers in jab.
Not to mention the madness of Rafa testing positive a week ago (vaccinated) and being allowed in Oz.

Jules has got to be seething at being called middle class.

His staff might be middle class.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:55 am

He actually got mixed up - it was lags who replied with reference to the telly. Lags is most likely middle class as I don't look down on him as much as I do Galted, for example.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:56 am

I wonder if he thinks the Earth is a perfect sphere? We all know it has a bulge in the middle.

I learned the other day that Mount Chimborazo in Equador is the furthest place from the centre of the Earth due to the extra bulge around the equator. Even though Mt Everest is over 29,000 ft and Chmibo only 20,560 ft... the summit is 6,800 ft further from the centre than Mt Everest.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't look down on him as much as I do Galted, for example.

Galted is only 4 ft 3 inches tall.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:00 am

Pal Joey wrote:I'm struggling with the humidity when walking up the stairs, lost. It's pure serenity when I reach an air-conditioned zone.

TheRealDeal wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Jules has got to be seething at being called middle class.

His staff might be middle class.

I suspect that an ivory-hilted letter opener was flung through an early Turner shortly after he read that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:16 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Aussies are angry in the wrong direction. They should be angry at their clueless government, not at a tennis player.

Odd, you're usually one of the first to condemn illegal immigrants.

I couldn't sleep so decided to pop onto the tennis forum for the first time to see what 606v2 thought of the Djokovic situation.

Little did I know that amongst the carnage I'd stumble on that gem from Jules.  Laugh Laugh

king_carlos

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:30 am

king_carlos wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Aussies are angry in the wrong direction. They should be angry at their clueless government, not at a tennis player.

I couldn't sleep so decided to pop onto the tennis forum for the first time to see what 606v2 thought of the Djokovic situation.

Little did I know that amongst the carnage I'd stumble on that gem from Jules.  Laugh  Laugh

The best one was -

TheRealDeal wrote:
Speaking as someone who's had covid twice, I believe I have every right to call it a glorified flu bug because that's exactly what it is, don't care what people in suits and ties say on telly.

Jules wrote:

Absolute peak Jules. Needless to say, TheReadDick didn't answer it. Nor did he answer Jules's riposte to "you're only a poster on the internet".

Game, set and match Marx.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:31 am

king_carlos wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Little did I know that amongst the carnage I'd stumble on that gem from Jules.  Laugh  Laugh

You don't get to do this, KC. Pop back in the middle in the night and leave for weeks again.

We have feelings you know.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:07 am

It was a worthwhile exchange, and the reason I don't get involved in the tennis board beyond an observational capacity.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:12 am

Galted wrote:It was a worthwhile exchange, and the reason I don't get involved in the tennis board beyond an observational capacity.

I braved it once on that particular thread but got confused by No Name Bertie who appeared to be talking to me at the same time as arguing with himself. And points that Soul Req had made and not me.

It all got too much. Definitely for Bertie but also for me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:14 pm

I saw that little exchange... "Cool yer jets, Princess" or something like that. I laughed.

Just on another palindrome.... after I delete a post somewhere else.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 pm

Afternoon, gentlefolk and a happy new year to you all.

The tennis thread is a wild ride.

Currently have the old "Rona" and although I am trebled jabbed and feeling naught but a little bit snotty and sleepy, i still wouldn't want to pass it onto anyone else.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:03 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

Currently have the old "Rona" and although I am trebled jabbed and feeling naught but a little bit snotty and sleepy, i still wouldn't want to pass it onto anyone else.

I'm not sure you can pass it on through forums riCK, so we'll be fine.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Excellent news, Tino, I googled computer virus before I came onto the site just in case.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:07 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Excellent news, Tino, I googled computer virus before I came onto the site just in case.

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:00 pm

king_carlos wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You don't get to do this, KC. Pop back in the middle in the night and leave for weeks again.

We have feelings you know.
I fleetingly try to keep up with the mid morning madness but each time the thread reaches capacity and moves onto a new thread I tend to get lost.

Then a few months down the line something like that post from Jules or the kumquat cup will pop up that reminds me of this wonderful corner of 606v2.  Hug

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:38 pm

Did I just read that someone who posts regularly on this thread finds the tennis thread confusing ?

Glad to hear rIck is not dead this week. Also that we are safe from computer-borne virus...

But need a spider update from PJ I think.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:07 pm

alfie wrote:Did I just read that someone who posts regularly on this thread finds the tennis thread confusing ?

Glad to hear rIck is not dead this week. Also that we are safe from computer-borne virus...

Apparently the araneus diadematus was denied entry to Oz, but somehow the alopecosa trabalis got in. There's an on-going investigation.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:09 pm

alfie wrote:Did I just read that someone who posts regularly on this thread finds the tennis thread confusing ?

Relatively quiet on the spider front, alfie. Thought I might see a couple wandering around after getting washed out of their holes the other night.

On the bird front. I have this problem - actually I blame the neighbours for alternatively shooing them away and then bloody-well feeding! the odd pigeon or 10. Pack of idiots...

Just before the close of play last night I heard a feathery scratching sound outside the door.

I went out and saw this young pigeon. Its feathers were not fully formed around the head. It was a nice mixture of brown and white feathers elsewhere. (Bill Lawry would know what type) Don't think it could fly properly... so I waved my arms around trying to encourage it. It gave me a stupid look (which Wright Brother are you?) and then ran down the side of the house like a confused pea chick.

I don't like its chances of survival around here... especially at night. I saw a bulky looking dark cat lurking around recently. Reminded me of the late Tommy Raudonikis...the cat version of him. He didn't like "them types... they think they can prance around the joint and poke fun at us. We'll teach 'em a lesson and show 'em who's boss!"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:28 am

It's me though, alfie. I find almost every single aspect of life confusing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:36 am

It's me though, alfie. I find almost every single aspect of life confusing.

If I may assist with one aspect, the initial post of the day is traditionally accompanied by a 'fist'.

Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:38 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Relatively quiet on the spider front, alfie. Thought I might see a couple wandering around after getting washed out of their holes the other night.

On the bird front. I have this problem - actually I blame the neighbours for alternatively shooing them away and then bloody-well feeding! the odd pigeon or 10. Pack of idiots...

Just before the close of play last night I heard a feathery scratching sound outside the door.

I went out and saw this young pigeon. Its feathers were not fully formed around the head. It was a nice mixture of brown and white feathers elsewhere. (Bill Lawry would know what type) Don't think it could fly properly... so I waved my arms around trying to encourage it. It gave me a stupid look (which Wright Brother are you?) and then ran down the side of the house like a confused pea chick.

I don't like its chances of survival around here... especially at night. I saw a bulky looking dark cat lurking around recently. Reminded me of the late Tommy Raudonikis...the cat version of him. He didn't like "them types... they think they can prance around the joint and poke fun at us. We'll teach 'em a lesson and show 'em who's boss!"

I had to put a collared dove out of its misery the other day, Pee Jay.

It was sat on a grass verge when I was walking the dogs one morning. I noticed one of the dogs sniffing it and nudging it with her nose. Went over to look and it was just sat there but its neck was lolling about. Almost in an exorcist fashion. Just kind of lolling sideways, then back then forward again and resting forwards. It was clearly in a lot of distress. We live in the middle of nowhere so not many cats but an awful lot of foxes which we regularly see in the garden trying to get at the chickens.

I couldn't leave it there with a broken neck and hiding it was no good either. It was either going to die in pain or get mauled by a fox. So I had to do the necessary and wring its neck properly.

Hated doing it but pretty sure if it could have talked, it would have asked me to do. I could see it in its eyes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:03 am

Not fun having to euthanize a wild animal. Was once driving in outback NT at night when we were passed on the other side by a road train at high speed... then saw a kangaroo lying on the side of the road apparently knocked for six and surely on its way out. The girls suggested we should put it out of its misery so we were looking around for a sharp object (no guns aboard - it wasn't quite Texas even in those days) and had settled on a tyre iron. I was somehow elected and got out of the car rather reluctantly...

To my intense relief the little fellow suddenly raised its head , looked me in the eye and bounded off into the bush. Always thankful for that.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:10 am

alfie wrote:Not fun having to euthanize a wild animal.  Was once driving in outback NT at night when we were passed on the other side by a road train at high speed... then saw a kangaroo lying on the side of the road apparently knocked for six and surely on its way out.  The girls suggested we should put it out of its misery so we were looking around for a sharp object (no guns aboard - it wasn't quite Texas even in those days) and had settled on a tyre iron. I was somehow elected and got out of the car rather reluctantly...

To my intense relief the little fellow suddenly raised its head , looked me in the eye and bounded off into the bush. Always thankful for that.

Blimey, I'm not sure I could have put something that big out of its misery. Glad you swerved that one.

Surprised it didn't jump up and start chasing you down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:20 am

I once had an Aussie housemate whose boyfriend was a 'roo shooter'. She said it much like I would say 'plumber' or 'van driver'. When I disbelievingly asked what that was she looked at me as though I was some sort of c*nt and said 'a kangaroo shooter'. Apparently they're a pest in some places, still not entirely sure if I've been had.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:33 am

The dog I had when I was a kid would have killed the dove without thinking. Given that they are now very rare I kind of feel guilty about the number of water voles he got over the years.

A few years back one of the cats got a pigeon like the one PJ described. Messy, but not as bad as the neighbour's cat who used to bring home roadkill.

Over Christmas we stayed in Oxford for a couple of days in a hotel very close to where I grew up, so I took a walk down to the place where I used to walk the dog and saw a red kite, which made my day.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:39 am

Reminds me of another sad episode driving through the Murrumbidgee area several years ago. They have these little signs by the roadside near places like Temora which say "Home of the Rare Superb Parrot". We were just passing one of those signs when we saw a flash of green and yellow at the same instant. They were flying so quickly and so low to the road (I've noticed many birds in Australia do this in the heat... like those Indian Mynahs, alfie?) and of course we then heard the soft thud on the corner of the car bonnet. Our timing (and theirs) couldn't have been worse. Stopped the car of course and saw the poor little thing on the verge... such beautiful colours, but alas, no sign of life.  Crying or Very sad

You'll always find various road kill in remote places here and then the thought crosses your mind: What are the chances you are going to have a collision with a lone animal when there is such a vast amount of space around? Roos always seem to find cars. When you see a moving cluster by the road you always have to be ready for one to bound outwards at right angles all of a sudden... right into your car. Had a few very near misses over the years but luckily not direct hits from large ones; only minor deflections (from small ones) once or twice which still cause significant damage to both them and the car.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:53 am

lostinwales wrote:Given that they are now very rare I kind of feel guilty about the number of water voles he got over the years.

I love water voles. They had some conservation effort with them round my way a few years back. Got a breeding programme going. They are not exactly abundant but have made a small come back round here.

I've only ever seen one. Got a great video of it on my phone. Was just sat there having the time of its life next to a stream before disappearing down a hole never to be seen again.

Cute little things.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:07 am

lostinwales wrote:Given that they are now very rare I kind of feel guilty about the number of water voles he got over the years.

I love water voles. They had some conservation effort with them round my way a few years back. Got a breeding programme going. They are not exactly abundant but have made a small come back round here.

I've only ever seen one. Got a great video of it on my phone. Was just sat there having the time of its life next to a stream before disappearing down a hole never to be seen again.

Cute little things.

They are. I used to see them often as we spent a lot of time on or around rivers. (or bits of them after the dog got them...) I believe one of the big factors in driving numbers down have been escaped mink, who hunt everything. One of the best things for voles is more otters, as they only eat fish and they really don't like mink.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:19 am

lostinwales wrote:

Cute little things.

They are. I used to see them often as we spent a lot of time on or around rivers. (or bits of them after the dog got them...) I believe one of the big factors in driving numbers down have been escaped mink, who hunt everything. One of the best things for voles is more otters, as they only eat fish and they really don't like mink.

There otter be more of them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 am

Morning all - returning after a post-Covid slump. Entire family hit with it over Christmas.

Plus point was that I didn't have to see my in-laws.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:53 am

superflyweight wrote:Morning all - returning after a post-Covid slump.  Entire family hit with it over Christmas.  

No problem, flower. We replaced you with (wan)King Carlos but he has left us again already so happy to welcome you back.

KC is like the f*cking Milk Tray man. Turns up in the middle of the night, shags your wife and machine guns F*CK YOU LOSERS on the wall before disappearing for months.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:01 am

superflyweight wrote:Morning all - returning after a post-Covid slump.  Entire family hit with it over Christmas.  

No problem, flower. We replaced you with (wan)King Carlos but he has left us again already so happy to welcome you back.

KC is like the f*cking Milk Tray man. Turns up in the middle of the night, shags your wife and machine guns F*CK YOU LOSERS on the wall before disappearing for months.

... but doesn't leave any f*cking chocolates as a consolation prize.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:18 am

If KC is the Milk Tray Man, what does that make Hibbz? Bertie Bassett?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:21 am

superflyweight wrote:If KC is the Milk Tray Man, what does that make Hibbz?  Bertie Bassett?  

Hibbz is like a Jules erection. Very rarely seen but leaves an impression when it shows up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:01 pm

Ouch, that's a hard one to swallow.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:27 pm

Its a sad day when a knob gag kills this thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Reminds me of another sad episode driving through the Murrumbidgee area several years ago. They have these little signs by the roadside near places like Temora which say "Home of the Rare Superb Parrot". We were just passing one of those signs when we saw a flash of green and yellow at the same instant. They were flying so quickly and so low to the road (I've noticed many birds in Australia do this in the heat... like those Indian Mynahs, alfie?) and of course we then heard the soft thud on the corner of the car bonnet. Our timing (and theirs) couldn't have been worse. Stopped the car of course and saw the poor little thing on the verge... such beautiful colours, but alas, no sign of life.  Crying or Very sad

You'll always find various road kill in remote places here and then the thought crosses your mind: What are the chances you are going to have a collision with a lone animal when there is such a vast amount of space around? Roos always seem to find cars. When you see a moving cluster by the road you always have to be ready for one to bound outwards at right angles all of a sudden... right into your car. Had a few very near misses over the years but luckily not direct hits from large ones; only minor deflections (from small ones) once or twice which still cause significant damage to both them and the car.

We get warning signs for koalas on one of the roads we go through quite regularly. I'm terrified of hitting a kangaroo, it'll destroy the car and it might get up and punch me.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Reminds me of another sad episode driving through the Murrumbidgee area several years ago. They have these little signs by the roadside near places like Temora which say "Home of the Rare Superb Parrot". We were just passing one of those signs when we saw a flash of green and yellow at the same instant. They were flying so quickly and so low to the road (I've noticed many birds in Australia do this in the heat... like those Indian Mynahs, alfie?) and of course we then heard the soft thud on the corner of the car bonnet. Our timing (and theirs) couldn't have been worse. Stopped the car of course and saw the poor little thing on the verge... such beautiful colours, but alas, no sign of life.  Crying or Very sad

We get warning signs for koalas on one of the roads we go through quite regularly. I'm terrified of hitting a kangaroo, it'll destroy the car and it might get up and punch me.

I better not mention the wombat fatality when driving down to the snow many years ago.

It was so long ago and I was just a passenger that night. The driver is now a very successful and well respected lawyer... but he sure found a quick way to put the poor thing out of its misery. An improviser and a quick thinker. In retrospect it was the right thing to do.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I better not mention the wombat fatality when driving down to the snow many years ago.

It was so long ago and I was just a passenger that night. The driver is now a very successful and well respected lawyer... but he sure found a quick way to put the poor thing out of its misery. An improviser and a quick thinker. In retrospect it was the right thing to do.

Not rICk or super, then.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Not rICk or super, then.

Maybe Rick now that he doesn't bother with this place.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:07 pm

Think it was before your time. rICk'S too.

This same guy (the wombat killer) had a jug of water thrown in his face in the courtroom by some irate female accused... or whatever they call them. Is it Respondent? It was on the News. laughing

So it couldn't have been you, Super. You would have preferred a decent jug of beer I'm guessing?

Last edited by Pal Joey on Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:09 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

What did he do? Tell it his charges so it died of shock?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:11 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

What did he do? Tell it his charges so it died of shock?

Wink  No. Not quite. He was probably a first year student at the time.

He used a large boulder which happened to be near to the scene of the initial crime. It all happened so quickly... in the heat of the (cold) night.

So I guess Galted won't be coming to dinner?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:48 pm

Pal Joey wrote:So I guess Galted won't be coming to dinner?

They called him Mr. Galted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:08 pm

I'm noticing a pattern developing with lawyers and killing animals with PJ's mate and, last year, Jolyon boasting about dispatching a fox with a baseball bat.

I just need one more example to turn it into a fully-fledged conspiracy theory.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:13 pm

Just realised what the Mr Sidney Pwa-tee-eh references are about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:17 pm

A lot of meat on a wombat. I wonder what they taste like?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next