The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
seanmichaels
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bustard tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:Beating PJ to the southern hemisphere conference fist.

Torrid.

Welcome to below the equator! How's the wildlife so far? Been bitten or partially mauled by anything yet?

One of my friends got stung by something here on the weekend. I was moving a large tropical plant to give away and had temporarily placed it in an open area on the lawn to check for any spiders under the rim - before moving it into the boot of the car.

Something must have been hiding in amongst the leaves and objected to the move. I actually saw it for a brief moment.
It was sort of like a hover fly (black and yellow stripes) but it could have been a small wasp of some sort?

Anyway, it was very quick to strike. Then it dashed off... like a proper antipodean criminal or convict leaving the scene of the crime.

It certainly caused a bit of pain on the fleshy part of my friend's palm. She carried on a bit as if she'd been "poisoned".
I had to dig out the savlon cream and calamine lotion from the bottom drawer in the upstairs bathroom just to shut her up.

Not too far off, had a very unpleasant encounter with a young male elephant. Repeatedly bumping the front and driver's door of the open landcruiser. Close up views of its trunk and mouth though I was too busy trying to keep jr on the floor to take any decent footage.
Can't understand why the c*nts are a protected species.

Unfortunately, I've not had too many scorpion encounters to lure Tino.

I bet it hadn't gargled mouthwash before showing its affection for you. Must have been quite a scary sight. Not the prettiest of front faces, yeah?

Reminds me of a story from years ago. A friend took his girlfriend to a circus and managed to get front row seats in order to impress her of course.

About halfway through the performance, a camel came right up to them. Just as they were thinking "how cute" it lurched forward and they got showered with a combination of mucus and god knows what else. My mate said it was the most putrid smell ever. They had to leave early... but only after finding an old tap in the car park and cleaning themselves (and their clothes) as best they could. They never saw each other again.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
I had to dig out the savlon cream and calamine lotion from the bottom drawer in the upstairs bathroom just to shut her up.

Was it underneath the gimp suit?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 16, 2022 9:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

No, that's still hanging off a hook in the tack room.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

No, that's still hanging off a hook in the tack room.

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

Welcome to below the equator! How's the wildlife so far? Been bitten or partially mauled by anything yet?

One of my friends got stung by something here on the weekend. I was moving a large tropical plant to give away and had temporarily placed it in an open area on the lawn to check for any spiders under the rim - before moving it into the boot of the car.

Something must have been hiding in amongst the leaves and objected to the move. I actually saw it for a brief moment.
It was sort of like a hover fly (black and yellow stripes) but it could have been a small wasp of some sort?

Anyway, it was very quick to strike. Then it dashed off... like a proper antipodean criminal or convict leaving the scene of the crime.

It certainly caused a bit of pain on the fleshy part of my friend's palm. She carried on a bit as if she'd been "poisoned".

Not too far off, had a very unpleasant encounter with a young male elephant.

Should have told it to fuh-calf.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 16, 2022 11:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

It was more a sub-adult yob than a calf, certainly big enough to squash us with no effort, but pun acknowledged.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 17, 2022 12:06 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

It was more a sub-adult yob than a calf...

Bull.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 17, 2022 12:59 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

Bull.

That's a pretty dumbo thing to say.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 17, 2022 1:08 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

Bull.

Yes, it's entirely irrelephant.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 17, 2022 1:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

Bull.

Any more posts like that and I'll have to take you to tusk.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 17, 2022 1:48 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

Bull.

If the tusk gets stuck go to Alabama. In Alabama the Tuscaloosa.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 17, 2022 3:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Torrid.

Bull.

If the tusk gets stuck go to Alabama. In Alabama the Tuscaloosa.

That's not a bad post but it's not a pachyderm on your earlier ones.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2022 8:49 pm

Aggressive mid-morning fist!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 17, 2022 9:03 pm

I'll talk to you, Supes.

Played 5 aside football as a favour to a mate last night. Can barely f*cking move today. I'm not even any good at football. In fact, I'm positively terrible at it.

Also got a first baller in cricket on Saturday. F*cking outrageous LBW decision. Our own umpire gave me out as well. Does he not realise he isn't supposed to give us out, just the opposition. Pr*ck.

He made a move to talk to me after in the bar but I gave him a look that said "I will smash this pint glass in your cake hole, sunshine" and he backed off.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2022 9:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'll talk to you, Supes.

Played 5 aside football as a favour to a mate last night. Can barely f*cking move today. I'm not even any good at football. In fact, I'm positively terrible at it.

Also got a first baller in cricket on Saturday. F*cking outrageous LBW decision. Our own umpire gave me out as well. Does he not realise he isn't supposed to give us out, just the opposition. Pr*ck.

He made a move to talk to me after in the bar but I gave him a look that said "I will smash this pint glass in your cake hole, sunshine" and he backed off.

Peak sporting endeavour! I've not played football for about 10 years and I really wouldn't fancy my changes of not doing myself a serious mischief if I ever di play again. Had two mates who've both had to get surgery in the last few years because they've done their ACL while playing football and am fairly sure age was a factor in both instances.

That's terrible from your umpire - hopefully he'll over compensate for the rest of the season and getting you out will be like trying to get a decision in Pakistan in the '80's.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 17, 2022 9:24 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Peak sporting endeavour!  I've not played football for about 10 years and I really wouldn't fancy my changes of not doing myself a serious mischief if I ever di play again.  Had two mates who've both had to get surgery in the last few years because they've done their ACL while playing football and am fairly sure age was a factor in both instances.  

That's terrible from your umpire - hopefully he'll over compensate for the rest of the season and getting you out will be like trying to get a decision in Pakistan in the '80's.  

My legs are entirely knackered. I went between the sticks towards the end, thinking that would help but I don't think it did and my wrist is also now hurting. Thankfully not my w*nking hand.

I'd sat there waiting to bat for a good hour and a half. Walk out there, get triggered by own umpire first ball and then get a send off from some gobshite running in from the boundary to celebrate. Stupid f*cking game.

I'm going way beyond Pakistan in the 80's. I'm going full WG Grace next time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2022 9:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Peak sporting endeavour!  I've not played football for about 10 years and I really wouldn't fancy my changes of not doing myself a serious mischief if I ever di play again.  Had two mates who've both had to get surgery in the last few years because they've done their ACL while playing football and am fairly sure age was a factor in both instances.  

My legs are entirely knackered. I went between the sticks towards the end, thinking that would help but I don't think it did and my wrist is also now hurting. Thankfully not my w*nking hand.

I'd sat there waiting to bat for a good hour and a half. Walk out there, get triggered by own umpire first ball and then get a send off from some gobshite running in from the boundary to celebrate. Stupid f*cking game.

Daft game - much easier just to bait super_insecure on the golf thread.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue May 17, 2022 9:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:

You'll be right. Put it behind you. Clear the mind, take a few deep breaths and watch the ball better... next time.

I'm still getting over the loss of Andrew Symonds. Also shocked to hear about Dennis Waterman. Watched all of The Sweeney and Minder episodes again during lockdown but never really got into his New Tricks stuff. My God did he get his end in quite a bit during those earlier days...

p.s. had to delete another post to make this one a palindrome.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue May 17, 2022 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 17, 2022 9:37 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

I'm still getting over the loss of Andrew Symonds. Also shocked to hear about Dennis Waterman. Watched all of The Sweeney and Minder episodes again during lockdown but never really got into his New Tricks stuff. My God did he get his end in quite a bit during those earlier days...

Yeah, that was a shocker losing Symonds. Terrible few months for Aussie cricket.

He could hit the ball a f*cking mile.

Symonds, that is. Not sure whether Dennis played or not.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue May 17, 2022 9:45 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Yeah, that was a shocker losing Symonds. Terrible few months for Aussie cricket.

He could hit the ball a f*cking mile.

Symonds, that is. Not sure whether Dennis played or not.

Dennis was more of a boxer... in the ring he was in his element. The back room of a warehouse too.

Symonds was a proper all round sportsman. Crafty with the ball in hand and like a leopard in the field. They had some show here where the contestants (other sports people) had to do about 10 different sports; running, swimming, paddling, shoot hoops, lift weights, forget the others.
He won that easily and more importantly he was pretty shy and humble about it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:Aggressive mid-morning fist!

Dropped a lovely little film reference in for you on the g*lf thread, Super. A film I know you like.

I've worked hard to keep our deteriorating relationship somewhat civil since I returned from the dead and sometimes I wonder why I f*cking bother.

Galted would have acknowledged it had he not been bummed to death by a big Saffer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed May 18, 2022 10:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:Aggressive mid-morning fist!

Dropped a lovely little film reference in for you on the g*lf thread, Super. A film I know you like.

I've worked hard to keep our deteriorating relationship somewhat civil since I returned from the dead and sometimes I wonder why I f*cking bother.

Galted would have acknowledged it had he not been bummed to death by a big Saffer.

I did see it and enjoyed it so much that I left it unsullied by further comment.

There's a podcast called The Rewatchables where each week they talk about a "rewatchable" film. The one they did on Stand By Me is very good.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 19, 2022 12:09 am

Excellent film-related post by Tino on the g*lf thread, if only he was alive to enjoy the plaudits.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 19, 2022 12:12 am

Galted wrote:Excellent film-related post by Tino on the g*lf thread, if only he was alive to enjoy the plaudits.

I bloody love you, Galted.

Relieved you haven't been bummed to death as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 19, 2022 12:26 am

Galted wrote:Excellent film-related post by Tino on the g*lf thread, if only he was alive to enjoy the plaudits.

I bloody love you, Galted.

Relieved you haven't been bummed to death as well.

Thanks, Tino, I love you too.

No bum interaction yet. My latest near death experience involved standing on an ant superhighway while jr kicked an elephant turd to pieces. The little red f*ckers can bite.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu May 19, 2022 12:33 am

Galted wrote:The little red f*ckers can bite.

Are you in China now?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 19, 2022 12:51 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:The little red f*ckers can bite.

Are you in China now?

Little red f*ckers tend to be found along the Costa Brava.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu May 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Fat fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu May 19, 2022 9:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Fat fist.

Sumo sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu May 19, 2022 9:59 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Fat fist.

Sumo sicond.

Little bitey red tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 20, 2022 12:41 am

Galted goes forth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 20, 2022 3:28 pm

From forth to fist, from northern hemisphere to southern, from bran flakes yesterday to muesli today, Galted will NOT bow to the serfdom of routine.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri May 20, 2022 4:08 pm

'sup, Galts, might as well rep for the NH.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 20, 2022 4:58 pm

Good work, Rick. It's important to have both hemispheres covered before Tino makes his grand entrance.

Was hoping to have some scorpion and solifuge filth for him but so far it's just been the odd giant but harmless spider.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri May 20, 2022 5:14 pm

I have a spider MVP in the rafters here, it stays out of my way, and their web is full of pesky flying irritants.

Not quite the scary stuff of the antipodes, but works for me.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 pm

I got rather a nasty bite on the shin at cricket training last night. I hope whatever it was gets caught in RIck's MVP web.

That is all I have for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 20, 2022 9:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I got rather a nasty bite on the shin at cricket training last night.

Can't trust those wicket-keepers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat May 21, 2022 1:16 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I got rather a nasty bite on the shin at cricket training last night.

I used to have a fine leg. Not so sure anymore.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 21, 2022 1:19 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat May 21, 2022 1:22 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

Thanks, didn't want to slip up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 21, 2022 1:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

If you do, I'll cover for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat May 21, 2022 1:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

Great. On here though, I'm not expecting you to drive anywhere.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 21, 2022 1:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

Pull the other one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat May 21, 2022 1:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

Pull the other one.

I will be the third man in this fascinating exchange.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat May 21, 2022 1:33 am

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

Pull the other one.

I will be the third man in this fascinating exchange.

We've hooked you in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat May 21, 2022 1:34 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

Trying to think of other cricket puns, but I'm stumped.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat May 21, 2022 1:36 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

I'm just bowled over that you're joining in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 21, 2022 1:38 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

It's this sort of thing that gives us the edge.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat May 21, 2022 1:43 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

I'm just praying that no one oversteps the boundary.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 21, 2022 1:45 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Good point.

I'm just praying that no one oversteps the boundary.  

I'm wondering if we'll run out of cricket puns.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next