The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gavin Henson: That's That Then.

+39
glamorganalun
Effervescing Elephant
majesticimperialman
welshy824
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
legendkillar
bedfordwelsh
damngoodOvalball
johnpartle
Turkster
TheGreyGhost
Cari
thebandwagonsociety
drbeatz
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mckay1402
DingBatMan
manofgwent
Great White
maestegmafia
Biltong
Adam D
wales606
Looseheaded
rodders
greybeard
welshjohn369
BATH_BTGOG
Adam
Portnoy
Luckless Pedestrian
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Shifty
Glas a du
wrfc1980
PenfroPete
dogtooth
Standulstermen
Countnefarious
43 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gavin Henson: That's That Then. - Page 2 Empty Gavin Henson: That's That Then.

Post by Countnefarious Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales rugby star Gavin Henson is to star in a new TV dating show where he hopes to meet "the right girl".

Henson, who has two children with singer Charlotte Church, will has been cast as The Bachelor in a UK version of the hit US programme.

Channel 5 said viewers should "expect flirting, bitching and heartfelt emotion" as 25 contestants compete to win the sportsman's heart.

Henson said he was looking forward to going on some "incredible dates".

"I'm so excited to have been cast as The Bachelor as I really feel the time is right for me to find a girl to hopefully spend the rest of my life with.

"I've always been dedicated to my rugby and continue to train hard but as the season draws to an end I can focus on meeting the right girl.

"It can be hard in my situation to meet women and The Bachelor will give me the unique opportunity to go on some incredible dates and spend quality time getting to know amazing women from all over the UK."

Among those taking part in the series are models, a web developer and twins who switched from athletics to property development.

It is not the rugby player's first foray into the world of reality TV, having previously featured on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing and on ITV1 adventure series 71 Degrees North.

In The Bachelor, contestants will be whittled down through a variety of group dates and one-to-one meetings as Henson chooses the ideal partner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13753762

That's the end of his career then, and all for a terribly tacky, artificial reality tv show. I can't blame him for wanting to take the paycheck, but it does seem like a huge waste of talent. No big deal though. Bye bye. randy (Completely irrelevant smiley: I just wanted to use it.)

Countnefarious

Back to top Go down

Gavin Henson: That's That Then. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gavin Henson: That's That Then.

Post by Great White Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm

How is rugby punditry directing Robinson's mind away from rugby in the same manner as a reality game show?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Gavin Henson: That's That Then. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gavin Henson: That's That Then.

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:03 pm

I can't understand why people are defending him, his made his bed.

He has shown a lack of respect to the rest of the WRU squad how can they play along side someone who doesn't give a toss about the shirt unless of course his being paid to pose for publicity shots in it!!

Yes he had talent, but come on that was a few years ago maybe its time Gatland sends him a clear message, 'Don't bother turning up Gav'

In about 20 years time (when his a washed up c list celeb) I guess he'll wake up in bed in his 8 bedroom mansion lying next to a Twenty something glamour model and wonder where did it all go wrong!

Hang on a minute!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:04 pm

In 20 years time he'll wake up beside Jordan.

And if she rolls over in her sleep he may not wake up at all.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by drbeatz Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:05 pm

mckay1402 wrote:If he wasn't very good then it was an average player who made BOD look useless in 2005. dragging him about all over the pitch he was. ok it was a long time ago but saying he was never very good is a bit much. he didn't reach his potential but anyone saying he was never very good should be ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3infDyrB1Q&feature=related

Its amazing that destroying the best center in the world didn't even manage to make his highlight reel but a load of average kicks did. Says it all really!

drbeatz

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:14 pm

The welsh management note that they know about his other commitment. They don't state whether they approve of it. That would be a good question to put to Gatland.

This is a fella who is the darling of a principality, hooks up with a starlet of a singer, on the galatico rugby team in his home country.

From that point, the marraige ends, then he is too injured to play for Ospreys. As he returns to fitness he decides he wants to be in London to be near his kids (was that the reason?). Was it about this time WRU think it is a good idea to use him as the centre piece of their new jersey ad campaign. Then he wants Ospreys to release him from his contract because he doesn't want to go back. His agent then gets him on strictly and some random z-list celebrity challenge in the arctic circle. Once strictly is coming to an end, he wants Saracens to have him so he can get back into the welsh squad. Not cutting it there, next thing we know he is in Toulon, which if I understand distances ok is at least 5 miles further from the kids than Ospreys but still just one border to cross so virtually the same distance. He can't cut it there so WRU look to bring him back into the fold, a bit controversial. And now he decides to thank them by not going the extra mile to earn back the respect of his squad but get an extra couple of quid doing a reality tv show.

This fella is either a fairly simple minded kid who has a crafty agent working for him to make money, or, he thinks he is living on a different planet.

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Seems as if those average kicks were from the half way line!
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 pm

"Gavin Henson said: “I’m so excited to have been cast as The Bachelor as I really feel the time is right for me to find a girl to hopefully spend the rest of my life with.

"It can be hard in my situation to meet women and The Bachelor will give me the unique opportunity to go on some incredible dates and spend quality time getting to know amazing women from all over the UK.”"

Sounds great to me.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:36 pm

It looks like Gavin doesn't have much faith in his rugby if he's still prostituting himself on TV garbage like this. What a waste. Crying or Very sad

P.S He really is deluded if he thinks he can find a good woman on a TV competition. Jebus, didn't he ever watch Blind Date? Rolling Eyes

P.P.S Oh and sorry to be pedantic - but Gavin's never been married. Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Henson, at the peak of his powers in 2005, playing amongst the best the NH has to offer, was made to look like a pub team extra by the AB midfield.

Frankly Wales should have let him jog on from that point.

He has nothing to offer. Get over it.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:55 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Henson, at the peak of his powers in 2005, playing amongst the best the NH has to offer, was made to look like a pub team extra by the AB midfield.

Maybe he did not want to get hospitalised by trhe thuggery that saw BOD taken out......took 2 mind.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Love the way the English ( and a New Zealander) get their knickers in a twist over Gavin Henson, the bitching is excellent entertainment, personally I hope he stays in England and carries on being a celebrity, it serves two purposes, it'll keep him away from the Welsh rugby team and the English ( and a New Zealander) can froth away for our entertainment. Yahoo

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Please guys lets at least attempt to keep this on topic about Henson.

The GG - I wouldn't say we should have let Henson go from 2005 onwards, after all he did play his part in us getting a 2008 Grand Slam.

I would say though that until he has at least a full season of rugby under his belt we should forget about him. He was so far off the pace in all aspects of his game against the BaaBaa's I just can't see him being ready in time for the world cup, and to be honest I don't really see what he's done to warrent his place.

Back to top Go down

Post by DingBatMan Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 pm

rugbydreamer wrote: He was so far off the pace in all aspects of his game against the BaaBaa's I just can't see him being ready in time for the world cup, and to be honest I don't really see what he's done to warrent his place.

Nothing since 08. absolutely zero. less than zero. he has hampered the team in many respects. even his captain publicly admitted that his biography was false after the Lions tour.

Don't understand why 08 is quoted as a stand out year either? he did defend well but not a whole lot else. Wales won a GS and it was a TEAM effort. And they gained my respect for that as they won in spite of the massive anchor they were dragging along behind them, in the form of Gavin Henson's EGO and media over hype.

DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Back to top Go down

Post by johnpartle Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Turkster wrote:Love the way the English ( and a New Zealander) get their knickers in a twist over Gavin Henson, the bitching is excellent entertainment, personally I hope he stays in England and carries on being a celebrity, it serves two purposes, it'll keep him away from the Welsh rugby team and the English ( and a New Zealander) can froth away for our entertainment. Yahoo

You didn't notice the number of Welsh, Irish and other SH posters commenting then?

Doubt this will make him very popular in the Wales camp. On the plus side for him, I doubt anyone will be paying much attention, Channel 5 programmes aren't known for their viewing figures.

johnpartle

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Turkster wrote:Love the way the English ( and a New Zealander) get their knickers in a twist over Gavin Henson, the bitching is excellent entertainment, personally I hope he stays in England and carries on being a celebrity, it serves two purposes, it'll keep him away from the Welsh rugby team and the English ( and a New Zealander) can froth away for our entertainment. Yahoo

The English getting their knickers in a twist? Thats a lot of of twisting going on... I think its mostly Welshmen who are (understandably) voicing their irritation at Henson prefering to be a celebrity as opposed to a rugby player. you would have to read and actually understand all the posts to see that though. Also who is frothing? Weird post.

Henson is a plum, much like Cips. Whilst he has obvious talent, he is not a team man and the fact that he is clearly and consistently out for his own gain reflects in his rugby and behaviour.

He should try a good welsh club like the Blues although I doubt very much whether they would want him.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 pm

rugby,

I agree and have said all along that he more than played his part in the 08 campaign but after that it all went wrong personally and proffesionally.

It doesn't make it right but we all knew that if he played any rugby this season just the Gatland would have a look at him.

For me he should have just been left alone to get a full season underneath his belt. If that meant he missed out on the WC then so be it.

IMO he doesn't now deserve a another shot but agian I think we all know he WILL be given as much time as possible upto 22 August to prove if he's worth it
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:rugby,

I agree and have said all along that he more than played his part in the 08 campaign but after that it all went wrong personally and proffesionally.

It doesn't make it right but we all knew that if he played any rugby this season just the Gatland would have a look at him.

For me he should have just been left alone to get a full season underneath his belt. If that meant he missed out on the WC then so be it.

IMO he doesn't now deserve a another shot but agian I think we all know he WILL be given as much time as possible upto 22 August to prove if he's worth it

that's the problem, how can he prove he's worth it? 2 or 3 games before the world cup? he's got no chance, Gatland should drop him now and spare us all this rubbish going on, he's obviously looking elsewhere than rugby for his future income and he's a joke at the moment.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Looking back at the BaaBaa's game he just physically wasn't able to compete, to me he looked a lot smaller then the other players and he got bounced off a fair few tackles. 2 more games during the world cup warm ups won't magically make him able to defend well again or be physically up to scratch. I agree with you Turkster, I think Gats should drop him now, but like Bedford says, he probs will be given more chances during the summer. Such is how Welsh rugby is at the moment Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Just to illustrate the point...

http://newsthump.com/2011/06/14/gavin-henson-elevates-being-a-laughing-stock-to-an-art-form/
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Sorry for sounding dumb but I've only followed the sport since 2005,

Who is this HENSON bloke?

Whistle
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:00 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:Sorry for sounding dumb but I've only followed the sport since 2005,

Whistle

At least you are honest about it, most england fans claim to be life long advocates and back up their claims with wikipedia searches

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Where can I sign up so I can get the girls he turns down? Wink

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:07 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
BATH_BTGOG wrote:Sorry for sounding dumb but I've only followed the sport since 2005,

Whistle

At least you are honest about it, most england fans claim to be life long advocates and back up their claims with wikipedia searches

Maestag, he said "2005" not "2003". I can admire a man who picks up a sport when his (international) team is in the doldrums Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Hmmm, I quite like the sound of the athletic twin tho myself Whistle

randy randy

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but i'm an England fan, what does doldrums mean?

Whistle

Last edited by BATH_BTGOG on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but as an England fan what does doldrums mean?

Whistle

It's where your lot have been since 2003 Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm

But aren't we the current 6 nations champions?

plus I believe we've finished 2nd a few times to teams who have played above themselves?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 pm

roddersm wrote:
BATH_BTGOG wrote:I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but as an England fan what does doldrums mean?

Whistle

It's where your lot have been since 2003 Smile

If RWC finalists and current 6N Champions is in the doldrums, what kind os drums are the rest of the NH teams in?

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 pm

If a TV company wanted to pay me a fortune during my holiday period to find a new girlfriend out of a select bunch of cute girls that they provide, who all want to date me then I would accept.

SO WOULD ALL OF YOU....!

Only thing different between me and Gavin Henson is I am married, he had proven by the age of 18 that he is a better rugby player and he is no where near as good looking as me...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Its a fair point England are in the doldrums, if only we didn't set the bar so high for ourselves randy
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:Its a fair point England are in the doldrums, if only we didn't set the bar so high for ourselves randy

Yeah but your supposed to go over the bar, not under it Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:But aren't we the current 6 nations champions?

plus I believe we've finished 2nd a few times to teams who have played above themselves?

I think you're in the wrong thread here try this one. Whistle

https://www.606v2.com/t6697-arrogance-in-sport-particularly-rugby

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:Its a fair point England are in the doldrums, if only we didn't set the bar so high for ourselves randy

Bath, laughing at the last couple of comebacks there mate Smile, nice work.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm

roddersm wrote:

Yeah but your supposed to go over the bar, not under it Smile

depends whos under the bar with you randy
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Henson, at the peak of his powers in 2005, playing amongst the best the NH has to offer, was made to look like a pub team extra by the AB midfield.

Look up Wales vs New Zealand November 2004.

https://youtu.be/7lzGLnfeqNc

Id say Henson did very nicely.. great game if you are old enough to remember it...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Right only messing guys. No slagging off our English pals until we get a few more on here!

Three cheers for the 2011 Grand Slam .... er I mean 6N champs! Smile guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Great match GG

Recommend watching

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Dingbat

wow that was a strong response and completely inaccurate. I have the dvd of the wales v Ireland match and have watched it a number of times. Gaving Henson made BOD look like an amateur in that match. Throwing insults about does not prove you're right it only makes you look childish.

I can understand that you probably were so upset to see your side humbled that you may not have watched the game since but to call me deluded when there is video evidence is perhaps a little like pot and kettle...

I am not suggesting that Henson is a great player but for you to say he was nothing more than competent makes you the rugby illiterate not me.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Also in response to your 08 comment he was the defensive leader in 08 and responsible for us only conceding two tries in the whole championship.
you clearly have issues about the boy but it's ok, this is the place to let them out.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:56 pm

yes he may have it organised months before but this is showing his lack of commitment. I am dissapointed in him claiming he wants to play rugby and yet doing these T.V shows, if he enjoyed rugby enough he would play for a proffesional team no matter what the pay

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 pm

by the way this does not make me an advocate for Hensons behaviour. I just think that people should be more careful and more accurate about what they post. world junior player of the year is by definition more than average
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Look up Wales vs New Zealand November 2004.

https://youtu.be/7lzGLnfeqNc

Id say Henson did very nicely.. great game if you are old enough to remember it...?

Love the bit where Murray Mexted say's that the to packs have been completely equal today, not often you hear that in reference to a Wales NZ game.

The link above is part of a 1-7 showing the game in its entirety with very unbiased kiwi commentary...! No Eddie Butler or Jonathan Davies...!

great to watch a fully fit Welsh team go toe to toe with the ABs...

we still came up short though...

oh and Gavin Henson was awesome

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:01 pm

that day was devestating. I really thought we were going to win. Still remember the empty feeling at the final whistle...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:06 pm

mckay1402 wrote:that day was devestating. I really thought we were going to win. Still remember the empty feeling at the final whistle...
Let's hope we see the like again but without the feeling of emptiness.

Looking forward to the under 20s about to start on S4C now.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 pm

It does make wander if Gatland as been truly hood winked by Henson.

But also how can Gatland justify picking Henson when he as not played many games at all. Sureley Gatland as to drop him now rather than later.

I made a comment on the 606 that Henson has to decide, If he wants to be a rugby player, if so then he as to forget these celebrity tv shows and cocentraite on playing rugby to the best of his ability.

Regarding one poster say what is the differenve between Gavin Henson and Nicky Robinson covering a Welsh speaking chanel.

Atleast Nicky Robison as put in a hard days work at the coal face so to speak.

Henson need to decide if he wants to play rugby at the highest level.

Or does he want to chase a tv star life?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:21 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:It does make wander if Gatland as been truly hood winked by Henson.

But also how can Gatland justify picking Henson when he as not played many games at all. Sureley Gatland as to drop him now rather than later.

I made a comment on the 606 that Henson has to decide, If he wants to be a rugby player, if so then he as to forget these celebrity tv shows and cocentraite on playing rugby to the best of his ability.

Regarding one poster say what is the differenve between Gavin Henson and Nicky Robinson covering a Welsh speaking chanel.

Atleast Nicky Robison as put in a hard days work at the coal face so to speak.

Henson need to decide if he wants to play rugby at the highest level.

Or does he want to chase a tv star life?

Jees madge

Your more of a drama queen than Gav...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Given that Gav saw Charlotte (as big as a medium sized) Church as beautiful, I hate to think about the parade of filth the TV company will be lining up.

Surely he should just bin the idea and go out with Imogen Thomas - they are clearly destined for one another.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Would you want seconds from Giggsy?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:40 pm

What is the problem, he can practice his mauling, coming in from behind the back foot, going in low, taking up and unders and I bet he has not taken on 25 hookers all at once before now.

This programme was set up before he was selected for the squad, as long as does not affect his training and he is playing well enough does it matter?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 pm

glamorganalun wrote: I bet he has not taken on 25 hookers all at once before now.

He was on a Lions tour...!

Though what goes on tour stays on tour, right...!!!

Knowing a few yarns from the amm era god knows what happens when they get paid the fortunes they get now...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next