The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v France womens 6ns

4 posters

Go down

England v France womens 6ns Empty England v France womens 6ns

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 30 Mar 2022, 3:39 pm

England v France the last game of the women's 6ns as sold out all ready.

I am really pleaad for them around 10 000 tickets sold.

It is a pitty it is not being played in a bigger stadium.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

England v France womens 6ns Empty Re: England v France womens 6ns

Post by mountain man Wed 30 Mar 2022, 4:11 pm

Yes I saw that on BBC website, excellent news and hopefully support for womens games goes from strength to strength.
I think the standard of rugby without sounding patronising is really good now especially England, France NZ and a couple others.
I enjoy watching England women play almost as much as the men especially as there usually isn't the worry about them messing it up!

Shame on a few sites, BBC HYSs in particular the anonymous mysognists and dinosaurs love a good troll.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 01 Apr 2022, 1:38 pm

mountain man wrote:Yes I saw that on BBC website, excellent news and hopefully support for womens games goes from strength to strength.
I think the standard of rugby without sounding patronising is really good now especially England, France NZ and a couple others.
I enjoy watching England women play almost as much as the men especially as there usually isn't the worry about them messing it up!

Shame on a few sites, BBC HYSs in particular the anonymous mysognists and dinosaurs love a good troll.

I reported one of them. Perhaps he'd like to test how tough he is by having Poppy Cleall and Abbie Ward run at him a few times in quite succession?

So impressed with the Red Roses. Am off to Welford Rd to watch them against Ireland. Can't wait.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 02 Apr 2022, 8:41 pm

They say that this game England v France will decide  who will win the 6ns.

Just a little note both teams have  to play Wales first. so i do  not think either England or France should get complacent. Wales have become the come back kings or should i say queens wining back to back games.

Looking forward to watching bot games.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun 03 Apr 2022, 8:23 am

Hmmm dunno. England beat Scotland 55-5 and Wales only just squeaked past them yesterday after being let off for a definite yellow for deliberate knock on. Yes I know sport doesn't work like that regards win margins against different teams but can't see anything other than resounding England win next week.
However, never know of course and undoubtedly Wales are improving as are Scotland ladies. In first half I thought Hogg was playing the way a 3 player overlap was ignored... Very Happy

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun 03 Apr 2022, 5:30 pm

Absolute mullering of Italy by England women.
Worth checking out clip of Sarah Bern try from half way, not too shabby from a prop!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/60973697

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 06 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm

mountain man wrote:Absolute mullering of Italy by England women.
Worth checking out clip of Sarah Bern try from half way, not too shabby from a prop!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/60973697

and not an insubstantial prop either..............

Another one to run at the Trolls, give her a 30m run up as well
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Mr Bounce and mountain man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 Apr 2022, 8:41 pm

Abby Dow's injury was really nasty at the weekend. I thought that the TV crew handled it really well by cutting away and lowering the sound. Such a shame for her - with a broken leg it'll be touch and go for the World Cup. You don't go off with gas and air unless it's properly nasty!

They put Wales to the sword after their shaky start though. Alex Matthews' try was superb. Simon Middleton has some questions to answer re his best XV.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 13 Apr 2022, 10:58 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Abby Dow's injury was really nasty at the weekend. I thought that the TV crew handled it really well by cutting away and lowering the sound. Such a shame for her - with a broken leg it'll be touch and go for the World Cup. You don't go off with gas and air unless it's properly nasty!

They put Wales to the sword after their shaky start though. Alex Matthews' try was superb. Simon Middleton has some questions to answer re his best XV.

Agree. Regarding best XV prior to start of 6N Middleton did say he was going to really rotate squad in matches to test strength in depth etc, would assume he has some idea of his best 15/23. I'd think we'll probably know come the France match as that game be true test of where England are. Personally although been a great player for Red Roses for years, Sarah Hunter isn't first choice anymore, P Cleall much better 8. Likes of Millar-Mills and Packer outstanding in back row.

Anyway, seemingly unlike mens team the strength in depth of Roses is stunning.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 13 Apr 2022, 2:17 pm

I have just been a little disappointed with the lack of cutting edge in the backs, the back three have been great, but there doesn't seem to be anyone that can run a good line back against the grain, or use their acceleration to go outside and round the defenders. When they have tried they have been stopped easily. Like with the Mens side, until Marchant got a couple of games, not serious pace through the middle allows the defense to drift across further realising a break through the middle is unlikely, unless Poppy Cleal or Sarah Bern are in the line.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 13 Apr 2022, 4:58 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:I have just been a little disappointed with the lack of cutting edge in the backs, the back three have been great, but there doesn't seem to be anyone that can run a good line back against the grain, or use their acceleration to go outside and round the defenders. When they have tried they have been stopped easily. Like with the Mens side, until Marchant got a couple of games, not serious pace through the middle allows the defense to drift across further realising a break through the middle is unlikely, unless Poppy Cleal or Sarah Bern are in the line.

Fair comment but Emily Scarritt back in side now after long injury and she will make a massive difference to cutting edge in backs.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 30 Apr 2022, 4:31 pm

Fantastic and thoroughly deserved Grand Slam for Red Roses. Always knew this would be the game to decide it and whilst it was a tough match England did what was required.

mountain man

Heaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 30 Apr 2022, 5:28 pm

What a fantastic game for the Red Roses. England showed  what it takes to win a Grand Slam. And to win it away from home. Very well done England Women. clap clap clap

majesticimperialman

Mr Bounce, Heaf and mountain man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 30 Apr 2022, 7:02 pm

Superb performance all-season by the Red Roses. Watching them today I was extremely impressed how they didn't panic despite making a few early errors and then going 7 points down - they simply regrouped and did what they do best.

The scrum where they pushed the French off their own ball was an amazing "Back at ya" response to the French players, who'd been dominant in the set piece last year.

It was awesome to be part of the record-breaking crowd at Welford Road last week. I actually got to meet and have selfies with 4 of our ladies last week and can confirm that Lydia Thompson, Zoe Aldcroft, Zoe Harrison and Sarah Hunter are super-friendly and completely lovely. They can't do enough for their fans. Would have like to have met Emily Scarratt but given it was her 100th cap she was kind of busy...

Mr Bounce

Heaf, No 7&1/2 and mountain man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down