The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only thing killing Boxing is the fans !!

2 posters

Go down

Only thing killing Boxing is the fans !! Empty Only thing killing Boxing is the fans !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jun 2022, 8:39 pm

Go into a cafe order a Bacon and egg sandwich for £5...Owner comes over and says you can't have egg and its going to cost £10...You would be stupid to buy it... That is the problem with Boxing fans today..They buy it...

Gone from Froch v Kessler 2 being a one off to an often beaten journeyman in Chisora being PPV..

Village idiots bought Mayweather v McGregor a fight I haven't even watched.. Yes an alltime great in Manny couldn't touch Floyd so a novice will... I'm going to play Darts for two weeks and then call out Phil Taylor or whoever is King now..

Tommy Fury who'd probably lose a decision to half the Chicks in Love Island has signed a multi million contract to fight the awful Jake Paul..

Oh yes the hype...Throw a chair...Push at a face to face..Shout some names... and then french kiss a few weeks later..

Promoters don't run the Sport...Fans do...There isn't a sport without them..

But enough fans have been brainwashed now...that I'm not sure the Sport ever recovers...Not sure Conor Benn ever fights anyone decent because thousands of wallies believe Hearn when he says the Moon is made of cheese..

Don't blame the Alphabet boys...The promoters or the Fighters..

Blame sorry a**ed fans that don't realise they are being had or have more money than sense..

If you put up with meaningless titles...Garbage cards with losers like Chisora headlining..

Then you are to blame not them !!

Thirty years ago PPV was for Hagler..Hearns..Tyson.....

Now it's for Chisora....

TRUSSMAN66

rapidringsroad and Atila like this post

Back to top Go down

Only thing killing Boxing is the fans !! Empty Re: Only thing killing Boxing is the fans !!

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 26 Jun 2022, 10:37 pm

The problems started when Sky came along. The big fight live on ITV in the 90s was great. You could catch the big fight (be it a British Championship or a fringe world title, sometimes even a decent one) free after the pub or even watch it there. No issues with PPV or subscription, just turn the telly on on a Saturday night and there you go.

Then Sky comes along and you had to pay extra for Sky Sports to watch that. And if it was a big fight, out came the additional charge and put in the pin code.

Now we have the delights of the "celebrity fight" where some doorknob from a rubbish TV show calls out a you tuber and people (idiots) want to see them fight. Mayweather didn't help with McGregor and the fact that every half decent fight is for some garbage bauble now and will cost you an extra £20 to watch it's no surprise that casual fans are sucked in to watching the bizarre.

It's only going to get worse. There are too many titles and there is not enough talent pool to fill all the contender slots.

I am almost done with boxing. Only the draw of fighters like Inoue, Beterbiev and the potential fight between Crawford and Spence is keeping me vaguely interested. Plus the casual disregard of drugs cheats makes me sick.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down