The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL

+3
James100
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL Empty SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 05 Jul 2022, 6:04 pm

Surrey have named a 15 man squad for the Vitality Blast Quarter Final against Yorkshire Vikings.
Will Jacks captains the side in the absence of Chris Jordan, who is in the England IT20 squad. Ollie Pope returns from England duty Very Happy and is back in the squad, as is Sunil Narine Very Happy who was rested for the trip to Somerset on Sunday. Jason Roy, Sam Curran and Reece Topley are also away on England duty. mad mad furious steam
There is no place in the squad for Ben Geddes, Ryan Patel or Nico Reifer.
FULL SQUAD:
Will Jacks (c)
Gus Atkinson
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Laurie Evans
Aaron Hardie
Tom Lawes
Conor McKerr
Dan Moriarty
Sunil Narine
Jamie Overton
Ollie Pope
Jamie Smith
Cameron Steel
Dan Worrall
What a way for the ECB to treat this competition warning
Lawes, McKerr and Steel wont play so the last spot to miss out will probably be between Curran and Burns Headscratch Burns maybe getting the nod over TC because of fitness.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL

Post by guildfordbat Wed 06 Jul 2022, 12:39 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

Certainly agree with you about Lawes and Steel. I'll be very surprised if either make the eleven. Suspect Burns may miss out too - feel he would have been named as captain if he was lined up to play. Maybe leaving last spot between McKerr and TC with the former playing unless TC can bowl.

Going back to a point that Beehive made the other day about the bowling falling away. I haven't seen the last few games but wonder if the fielding has also declined and contributed to that. Our ground fielding and catching was absolutely top notch in the first 7 or 8 games of this year's Blast. Once or twice I saw an excellent boundary catch give the bowler a very respectable return of something like 1/8 from the over whilst had it been missed, the return would have been a poor 0/14. Possibly the case in the last few games, I don't know?

Anyway, I'm off to the Oval today. Obviously hoping for the best although the four missing with England are big losses.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE VIKINGS T20 VITALITY BLAST QUARTER FINAL

Post by guildfordbat Wed 06 Jul 2022, 3:00 pm

You going tonight, JimBob?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 06 Jul 2022, 6:16 pm

guildfordbat wrote:You going tonight, JimBob?
Yes 😀

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 06 Jul 2022, 6:17 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl
Lawes, mckeer, Steel and Smith miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Wed 06 Jul 2022, 6:34 pm

Willey being available but none of Jodan, Topley or Roy is absolutely ridiculous

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed 06 Jul 2022, 7:51 pm

Good bowling performance except garbage from Worrall. Atkinson unlucky to get called on the Thompson wicket. Not a no ball imho

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 06 Jul 2022, 7:51 pm

6 an over in the power play, then lost control, some amateur fielding didn't help, unless Jacks scores big I think we're up against it

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 06 Jul 2022, 9:29 pm

Unbelievable!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 06 Jul 2022, 9:30 pm

Defeat from the jaws of victory

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed 06 Jul 2022, 9:32 pm

Thought Narine had won it there. Worrall garbage very costly. Should we have got Overton in sooner ?

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 06 Jul 2022, 9:35 pm

Should never have needed 12 an over, Burns run a ball in the power play put us too far behind

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Jul 2022, 10:45 pm

Didn’t see tonight but looking at the scorecard - why is Narine coming in at 8, with Burns barely managing a run a ball opening?

Why is Narine coming in after Hardie?

Bizarre batting lineup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 07 Jul 2022, 3:11 pm

GUTTED Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 07 Jul 2022, 3:15 pm

James100 wrote:Willey being available but none of Jodan, Topley or Roy is absolutely ridiculous
The ECB excuse was both sides were allowed one England player each and as Bairstow and Root were being rested Yorkshire were allowed one of the one day players, that was the downside of pope not getting a big score for England.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 07 Jul 2022, 8:40 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
James100 wrote:Willey being available but none of Jodan, Topley or Roy is absolutely ridiculous
The ECB excuse was both sides were allowed one England player each and as Bairstow and Root were being rested Yorkshire were allowed one of the one day players, that was the downside of pope not getting a big score for England.

That's wild, no-one would put Pope and Willey on a par as white ball players.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down