The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23 - news and views

+21
Intotouch
Old Man
MichaelT
carpet baboon
Recwatcher16
Kingshu
Brendan
LordDowlais
RiscaGame
profitius
LeinsterFan4life
geoff999rugby
Oakdene
No 7&1/2
thebandwagonsociety
Irish Londoner
doctor_grey
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
RugbyFan100
Pot Hale
25 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23  - news and views  Empty BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23 - news and views

Post by Pot Hale Thu 01 Sep 2022, 10:45 pm

Things building nicely for the start of the new season, first of the pre-season games underway getting ready for kick-off in Round 1 on Friday 16 Sept with Benetton at home facing Glasgow.  

Welsh region Cardiff Rugby take on Munster at their Arms Park HQ hoping to make a better start to their season with new recruits Toby Faletau and Thomas Young returning from the Premiership, two raw receipts from Dragons, multi-capped international, Liam Williams moves across from Scarlets, and the hefty Tongan backrower, Lopeti Tomani, comes in from Toulon.

Zebre have Leinster at home, and 3 derbies with Scarlets v Ospreys, Lions and Bulls,  and Ulster v Connacht.  Edinburgh and Dragons finish out the round.

All teams have recruited across the off-season so should be interesting to see how those pan out.

The Italian, South African, American and Irish unions have organised a mini-comp for development players during Oct, courtesy of the SA franchise Cheetahs.   With the squads likely to be filled with academy and upcoming youngsters, initial concerns about them impacting the URC senior squads have been ill-founded.

By the time we get to Round 6 before test players depart to prepare for Nov internationals, there should be a good picture of how teams are faring in the league this season and where they might finish.

Oh and a new 3-year deal for title sponsor for the URC has been announced - BKT - a global brand in tyre manufacturing - who knew? The title applies globally except in South Africa who have an on-going deal with Vodacom currently.

The blurb reads: "BKT’s sponsorships first started in the USA where its tires equip the iconic giant trucks of Monster Jam in all their incredible shows. Today its wide range of sponsorships include Rugby World Cup France 2023, cricket’s IPL (India) and the Big Bash League (Australia), European football leagues; La Liga (Spain), Serie BKT (Italy) and Ligue 2 (France) and also basketball’s Euroleague."

Roll on the Autumn.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Fri 02 Sep 2022, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23  - news and views  Empty Re: BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23 - news and views

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 02 Sep 2022, 9:25 am

Pot Hale wrote:Things building nicely for the start of the new season, first of the pre-season games underway getting ready for kick-off in Round 1 on Friday 16 Sept with Benetton at home facing Glasgow.  

Welsh region Cardiff Rugby take on Munster at their Arms Park HQ hoping to make a better start to their season with new recruits Toby Faletau and Thomas Young returning from the Premiership, two raw receipts from Dragons, multi-capped international, Liam Williams moves across from Scarlets, and the hefty Tongan backrower, Lopeti Tomani, comes in from Toulon.

Zebre have Leinster at home, and 3 derbies with Scarlets v Ospreys, Lions and Bulls,  and Ulster v Connacht.  Edinburgh and Dragons finish out the round.

All teams have recruited across the off-season so should be interesting to see how those pan out.

The Italian, South African, American and Irish unions have organised a mini-comp for development players during Oct, courtesy of the SA franchise Cheetahs.   With the squads likely to be filled with academy and upcoming youngsters, initial concerns about them impacting the URC senior squads have been ill-founded.

By the time we get to Round 6 before test players depart to prepare for Nov internationals, there should be a good picture of how teams are faring in the league this season and where they might finish.

Roll on the Autumn.

Talupe

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23  - news and views  Empty Re: BKT United Rugby Championship 2022/23 - news and views

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 02 Sep 2022, 10:07 am

Zebre is going to be interesting. A total clean out by them.

Looking at the forwards they have signed they look to be monsters. They might end up fielding one of the heaviest packs in the URC. Granted that might be a bad thing if it prevents them from moving around the park.

They are all fairly unknown players so will be interesting to see how they go.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 02 Sep 2022, 11:11 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Things building nicely for the start of the new season….

Roll on the Autumn.

Talupe

Seriously?   It’s actually Taulupe.  “ I just wanted Taulupe on my jersey, because it’s my name.  But in person and whatever else, Toby is fine, perfectly fine.”

Last edited by Pot Hale on Fri 02 Sep 2022, 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 02 Sep 2022, 11:12 am

Welshmushroom wrote:Zebre is going to be interesting.  A total clean out by them.

Looking at the forwards they have signed they look to be monsters.  They might end up fielding one of the heaviest packs in the URC.  Granted that might be a bad thing if it prevents them from moving around the park.

They are all fairly unknown players so will be interesting to see how they go.

Yes - quite a recruitment shift for them. Might take them a couple of matches to get more cohesive.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Sep 2022, 1:10 pm

Someone, I think they were Irish, posted a link with all the URC teams transfers. I don't recall anyone of note for Zebre. Can the Irishman re-post the link please?

Cardiff have a decent team. It's running rugby they'll be good at. I don't get why they didn't strengthen the front 5 when they had the chance. Dai signed two additional back-row forwards, an area Cardiff were already very strong in! Their hopes at the scrum rely on Carre improving and Dillon Lewis (yes, him) being fit and available; decent player for Cardiff but on occassion has been made to play through injuries and the team suffered for it.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 02 Sep 2022, 2:38 pm

Wiki has the following transfers for URC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2022%E2%80%9323_United_Rugby_Championship_transfers

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 03 Sep 2022, 6:30 pm

Pot Hale wrote:The blurb reads: "BKT’s sponsorships first started in the USA where its tires equip the iconic giant trucks of Monster Jam in all their incredible shows. Today its wide range of sponsorships include Rugby World Cup France 2023, cricket’s IPL (India) and the Big Bash League (Australia), European football leagues; La Liga (Spain), Serie BKT (Italy) and Ligue 2 (France) and also basketball’s Euroleague."

Roll on the Autumn.
Sh!t.  Now more people is going to feel obliged to grow mullets and wear shirts that show their beer belly.

Not just the men either...

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 06 Sep 2022, 10:24 am

[/quote]
Sh!t.  Now more people is going to feel obliged to grow mullets and wear shirts that show their beer belly.

Not just the men either...[/quote]

Who says the URC doesn't cater to the Welsh ? Very Happy Run

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 06 Sep 2022, 3:07 pm

So this will be the (deep breath)

BKT URC 2022/23 sponsored by Qatar Airways in partnership with Loch Lomond Whiskies, Vodacom & Gilbert

It really rolls off the tongue.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 06 Sep 2022, 5:22 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:So this will be the (deep breath)

BKT URC 2022/23 sponsored by Qatar Airways in partnership with Loch Lomond Whiskies, Vodacom & Gilbert

It really rolls off the tongue.
Branding is everything!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 08 Sep 2022, 1:26 pm

Loving the schedules for the URC though.

Already looking through my premier player for times and its going to be possible to watch 106 games out of a possible 126. Works out at £1.14 per game on Premier Sports. Glad they limited the clashes of fixtures this year again.

Welshmushroom

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 08 Sep 2022, 1:32 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Loving the schedules for the URC though.

It's rubbish for my team. After new years day, we have just 2 home games for the rest of the season. 2 ! And people wonder why season ticket numbers are dwindling.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 08 Sep 2022, 7:56 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:

It's rubbish for my team. After new years day, we have just 2 home games for the rest of the season. 2 ! And people wonder why season ticket numbers are dwindling.

There’s only 6 games after New Years Day. How many do you expect your team to have?

And they might have more.    Keep the faith.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 7:48 am

I'm guessing your league will not fall fate to having every game cancelled this weekend too.

Just checked and your fixtures start next weekend. Man you can't catch a break.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 8:59 am

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

There’s only 6 games after New Years Day.    How many do you expect your team to have?

Exactly. I googled the fixtures of the first English Premeirship team that came to mind (Norhampton) and they have 6 HOME games after the New Year. Great bang for buck on your season ticket.

The Unsellable Rugby Circus is pathetic.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 9:31 am

This the year when you don't buy a season ticket then RugbyFan?

How much is a season ticket over there compared with Northampton?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:17 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

There’s only 6 games after New Years Day.    How many do you expect your team to have?

Exactly. I googled the fixtures of the first English Premeirship team that came to mind (Norhampton) and they have 6 HOME games after the New Year. Great bang for buck on your season ticket.

Unsellable? Yet you bought a season ticket for both URC and EPCR comps.
Viewing numbers have increased. More sponsors on board. CVC bought a stake. TV revenues have improved.
We've got 5 home games in the New Year on our season ticket. So have Scarlets, Dragons, and Ospreys. Northampton have 6.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

No 7&1/2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:32 am

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Unsellable?  Yet you bought a season ticket for both URC and EPCR comps.

Only out of a sense of duty. So my club hangs on and survives the sh1t show. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be doing it though.

Viewing numbers have increased.  More sponsors on board.  CVC bought a stake.  TV revenues have improved.  
We've got 5 home games in the New Year on our season ticket.   So have Scarlets, Dragons, and Ospreys.  Northampton have 6.
League games?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:46 am

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Viewing numbers have increased.  More sponsors on board.  CVC bought a stake.  TV revenues have improved.  
We've got 5 home games in the New Year on our season ticket.   So have Scarlets, Dragons, and Ospreys.  Northampton have 6.

But we have only got 6 before the new year... it's not like its an 8/3 split.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:52 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Only out of a sense of duty. So my club hangs on and survives the sh1t show. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be doing it though.

League games?

You're talking about value for your season ticket. A ticket to watch home games in URC and EPCR. If you want to compare just URC games then deduct 1 from the numbers above - Scarlets, Dragons, Ospreys 4, Saints 5.

What team do you support that only has 2 home games in the URC in the New Year?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:59 am

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

League games?

You're talking about value for your season ticket.   A ticket to watch home games in URC and EPCR.   If you want to compare just URC games then deduct 1 from the numbers above - Scarlets, Dragons, Ospreys 4, Saints 5.

The Scarlets. As I said, after New Years day, on their fixture list, I see two home league games for the rest of the season. That is unacceptable.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 09 Sep 2022, 11:05 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

League games?

You're talking about value for your season ticket.   A ticket to watch home games in URC and EPCR.   If you want to compare just URC games then deduct 1 from the numbers above - Scarlets, Dragons, Ospreys 4, Saints 5.

The Scarlets. As I said, after New Years day, on their fixture list, I see two home league games for the rest of the season. That is unacceptable.

Do you support a different Scarlets team to me? In 2022 we have 4 home league matches - the Dragons, Sharks, Bulls & Edinburgh. plus the Cheetahs in the Challenge Cup.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 11:07 am

Oakdene wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

League games?

Do you support a different Scarlets team to me? In 2022 we have 4 home league matches - the Dragons, Sharks, Bulls & Edinburgh. plus the Cheetahs in the Challenge Cup.
So after New Years Day, it's just 3 home league games (not 2 apologies) for the rest of the season. While teams in other leagues apparently get twice that much?

If you're fine with that then that's great for you. Personally I think it's pathetic.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 09 Sep 2022, 11:11 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
So after New Years Day, it's just 3 home league games (not 2 apologies) for the rest of the season. While teams in other leagues apparently get twice that much?

If you're fine with that then that's great for you. Personally I think it's pathetic.

18 games, 9 home, 9 away - 10 played before New Years day & 8 after New Years day.

Half of 10 games is 5 which is how many home games we have before New Years Day & half of 8 games is 4 which is how many games we have on/after New Years Day.

It's not like we have 8 games after New Years Day & only 2 of them are at home.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 11:16 am

Oakdene wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

18 games, 9 home, 9 away - 10 played before New Years day & 8 after New Years day.

Half of 10 games is 5 which is how many home games we have before New Years Day & half of 8 games is 4 which is how many games we have on/after New Years Day.

As I said, go for your life. The amount of home league games we'll have between Jan 1st and the new season will be very very low. I guess I'll just have to pop along to some of the away games in South Africa instead. Easy enough to get to.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 09 Sep 2022, 11:20 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

As I said, go for your life. The amount of home league games we'll have between Jan 1st and the new season will be very very low. I guess I'll just have to pop along to some of the away games in South Africa instead. Easy enough to get to.

2 of the away games are in Cardiff so it's hardly the other side of the world. The issue isn't the competition we're in, it's the fact that the organisers of the 2 European competitions haven't reverted back to the 6 game pool stage so there are empty weekends which need filling.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 11:21 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Cardiff or the Dragons is probably easier to get to as you don't have an away game to South Africa after new years day.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 09 Sep 2022, 1:39 pm

[quote="RugbyFan100"][quote="Oakdene"][quote="RugbyFan100"][quote="Pot Hale"][quote="RugbyFan100"][quote="Pot Hale"][quote="RugbyFan100"][quote="Pot Hale"]
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Tell you what, look at it this way.  After Xmas Day, there's 5 home games for Scarlets and 7 home games for Northampton using their season tickets.  Both of those include 1 European match at home.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Fri 09 Sep 2022, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 09 Sep 2022, 2:27 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

League games?

Tell you what, look at it this way.  After Xmas Day, there's 5 home games for Scarlets and 7 home games for Northampton using their season tickets.  Both of those include 1 European match at home.

1 a month till the end of the season. Woopeeeeeeeee

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 09 Sep 2022, 3:08 pm

There are only 9 home games in the URC a year.

Sept to May is ...9 months.

What do you expect the average number of home games to be Headscratch

geoff999rugby

Kingshu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 09 Sep 2022, 6:12 pm

Anyways - moving on to other news - I note our beloved leader, Martin Anayi - for it is he, has decided that getting into bed with Qatar Airways is a good thing despite its country's status as a pariah in regard to its views on women, homosexuality, scant regard for deaths of workers on its stadia, etc.

He was also of the view that matches such as Leinster v Munster is not something for the URC to promote, it is up to the individual clubs themselves if they want to do this - I can see the new CEO at Leinster already crunching the potential numbers...

Anayi also announced that awarding the hosting of the grand final should remain with whichever is the highest ranked club at regular season end, as occurred in URC 1. At least we're clear on that before the season starts.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 10 Sep 2022, 10:27 am

geoff999rugby wrote:There are only 9 home games in the URC a year.

Sept to May is ...9 months.

What do you expect the average number of home games to be  Headscratch
This. One of the most comical complaints I've seen about the league so far on this forum and boy have there been many. Thanks for the laughs rugbyfan100 thumbsup

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 10 Sep 2022, 3:48 pm

I see that Munster Rugby have sold out their game against South Africa Select XV on Nov 10 during test window - looks like they made the right call in moving the game to the 45,000 capacity Páirc Uí Chaoimh in Cork with stand tickets selling out in the first hour, and terrace selling out in the following few days.

Good piece of business for the southern province.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Intotouch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2022, 11:28 pm

Pot Hale wrote:I see that Munster Rugby have sold out their game against South Africa Select XV on Nov 10 during test window - looks like they made the right call in moving the game to the 45,000 capacity Páirc Uí Chaoimh in Cork with stand tickets selling out in the first hour, and terrace selling out in the following few days.

Good piece of business for the southern province.
Sure seems a no brainer, and a money spinner. Why not more clubs doing this? Maybe two in URC and two in the Premiership. Freaking brilliant. Rugby seems to be clueless how to improve revenue streams outside of selling themselves to Private Equity. But that needs to be done with iron clad rules of governance.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 11 Sep 2022, 8:14 pm

Good opinion piece by Irish sportswriter and club rugby coach, Brendan Fanning, in the Sunday Independent about the URC deal with Qatar Airways:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/cash-the-cheque-just-spare-us-your-values-41979303.html

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 11 Sep 2022, 8:36 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Good opinion piece by Irish sportswriter and club rugby coach, Brendan Fanning, in the Sunday Independent about the URC deal with Qatar Airways:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/cash-the-cheque-just-spare-us-your-values-41979303.html

All the outcry yet the same people have no problem filling their car up with fuel from these types of countries or buying clothes that are made in sweat shops.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 12 Sep 2022, 12:59 pm

Cardiff v Munster has been pushed back from Friday night to 15:05 on Saturday to avoid clashing with the visit of King Charles III to Cardiff.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 12 Sep 2022, 3:36 pm

Bit mad that BBC Wales are seemingly the cause, as they’re televising the visit. The game is on Premier too, so should’ve just left it be. Unless there’s more to it?

Edit. Ah okay, Premier would’ve piggybacked coverage. Makes more sense.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 12 Sep 2022, 4:05 pm

IRFU are certainly focussed on giving support to Farrell & Co.

Another match in the test window - this time with Ireland A versus an NZ Select XV.

Match to be played on 4 Nov in RDS the day before Ireland take on South Africa in Landsdowne Road.

Don’t think that’ll affect any URC games.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 12 Sep 2022, 9:54 pm

Some random figures from last season.

Only 4 sides picked up a TBP in 50% (or more) of their URC games (games played, whether won or lost) last season. They were, Leinster (61% of games), Bulls (56%), Sharks (50%) and....... Scarlets (56% of games).
In the season before, only Leinster (88%) and Ulster (50%) met this stat.

We had 6 sides where in losing encounters they picked up a LBP in 50% (or more) of the losses. They were Leinster (LBP in 80% of their losses), Stormers (50%), Ulster (67%), Bulls/Munster/Edinburgh (all 57%).
In the season before, 4 teams met this stat, Leinster (50%), Munster (100%), Connacht (75%) and Scarlets (50%).

Granted more teams in the league in 2022 versus 2021 means total tries year on year isn't valid metric. However a URC side averaged 3.0 tries per game in 2022 (2021: 2.7 tspg). This is compares to the Jeff (2022: 3.3 tspg) and the Top14 (2022: 2.3 tspg).

Lies, damn lies and statistics. But just some random info for people who might be interested.

thebandwagonsociety

Oakdene and mikey_dragon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 13 Sep 2022, 8:48 am

I don't recall Bulls getting that many wins, I think they made the top 4 due to the amount of bonus points they picked up. They looked poor at the start of the season but got a lot better and made the final. Their power game is very effective. I think Sharks will be similar this season but with better backs. Stomers are still my favourite though, for how they play attractive running rugby from everywhere. Still surprised their 13 doesn't get more recognition.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 13 Sep 2022, 8:50 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I don't recall Bulls getting that many wins, I think they made the top 4 due to the amount of bonus points they picked up. They looked poor at the start of the season but got a lot better and made the final. Their power game is very effective. I think Sharks will be similar this season but with better backs. Stomers are still my favourite though, for how they play attractive running rugby from everywhere. Still surprised their 13 doesn't get more recognition.

You might want to re-read the post...

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 13 Sep 2022, 9:30 am

Top 8. I have struggeld to keep up with the continuing format changes in recent years.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 13 Sep 2022, 10:45 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Top 8. I have struggeld to keep up with the continuing format changes in recent years.

I didn't mean your post, I meant the post you were referring to. The first stat about TBP didn't make any reference to the amount of wins that a team had.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 13 Sep 2022, 11:38 am

Well I'm confused as to what you're on about now. FYI, Bulls reached the top 4, it's top 8 that qualify. They scored more tries and "Points for" than two teams above them, and were joint top in picking up losing bonus points. They picked up more losses than a team below them, and the same No. of wins as another two teams within the top 8.
Not sure what your point is still. My point is that bonus points are very important (TBP and LBP). It made the difference for Bulls who had a slow start.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 14 Sep 2022, 12:08 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well I'm confused as to what you're on about now. FYI, Bulls reached the top 4, it's top 8 that qualify. They scored more tries and "Points for" than two teams above them, and were joint top in picking up losing bonus points. They picked up more losses than a team below them, and the same No. of wins as another two teams within the top 8.
Not sure what your point is still. My point is that bonus points are very important (TBP and LBP). It made the difference for Bulls who had a slow start.

That's alright Mikey, you're spot on with your assessment.
My post spoke about 4 sides having a good stat for TBP. (just 4 teams in the league, Scarlets weren't top 4)
Your response spoke about Bulls reaching the Top 4 (in the league, which is correct).
Someone thought your reference to top 4 was about my 4 TBP rather than top 4 in the league.
And fun/confusion reigns free. The 'fun' of 606 threads.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:32 pm

IRFU have announced their Emerging Ireland squad for Cape Town tournament across Round 3 & 4:

Backs (15)

Robert Baloucoune, Nathan Doak, Jake Flannery, Michael McDonald, Ethan McIlroy, Stewart Moore (Ulster)
Jack Crowley, Antoine Frisch, Calvin Nash (Munster)
Ciaran Frawley, Jamie Osbourne, Andrew Smith (Leinster)
Chay Mullins, Caolin Blade (Connacht)
Forwards (20)

Tom Ahern, Diarmuid Barron, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen, Roman Salonoa, Josh Wycherley (Munster)
Tom Clarkson, James Culhane, Max Deegan, Brian Deeny, Joe McCarthy, Michael Milne, Scott Penny, Alex Soroka (Leinster)
Sam Illo, Cian Prendergast, Dylan Tierney-Martin (Connacht)
Cormac Izuchukwu, Callum Reid, Tom Stewart (Ulster)

Ulster 6+3 - 9
Leinster 3 +8 - 11
Munster 4+ 6 - 10
Connacht 2 +3 - 5

Ulster most in the backs.
Leinster giving most in the forwards.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 14 Sep 2022, 3:30 pm

Pot Hale wrote:IRFU have announced their Emerging Ireland squad for Cape Town tournament across Round 3 & 4:

Backs (15)

Robert Baloucoune, Nathan Doak, Jake Flannery, Michael McDonald, Ethan McIlroy, Stewart Moore (Ulster)
Jack Crowley, Antoine Frisch, Calvin Nash (Munster)
Ciaran Frawley, Jamie Osbourne, Andrew Smith (Leinster)
Chay Mullins, Caolin Blade (Connacht)
Forwards (20)

Tom Ahern, Diarmuid Barron, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen, Roman Salonoa, Josh Wycherley (Munster)
Tom Clarkson, James Culhane, Max Deegan, Brian Deeny, Joe McCarthy, Michael Milne, Scott Penny, Alex Soroka (Leinster)
Sam Illo, Cian Prendergast, Dylan Tierney-Martin (Connacht)
Cormac Izuchukwu, Callum Reid, Tom Stewart (Ulster)

Ulster 6+3 - 9
Leinster 3 +8 - 11
Munster 4+ 6 - 10
Connacht 2 +3 - 5

Ulster most in the backs.
Leinster giving most in the forwards.

I though Chay Mullins was with Bristol. Saw him playing for Ireland U20s last year (I think that was the level) and he looks like a very decent prospect.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 16 Sep 2022, 7:41 pm

Is Roman Salonoa IQ already... bit of a steal for Ireland as he's a decent player. Let's hope Wales find Jason Jenkins' Welsh granny soon.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next