The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr...

+4
88Chris05
Mr Bounce
Mochyn du
Duty281
8 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr... Empty Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr...

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2022, 12:49 pm

So Hearn says contract will not be signed today, supposedly fight is off.
This is the replacement opponent
Dear god...

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr... Empty Re: Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr...

Post by Duty281 Mon 26 Sep 2022, 1:09 pm

The rumours about Charr were pretty bang on then.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr... Empty Re: Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr...

Post by Mochyn du Mon 26 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm

Are they waiting for Usyk to get too old?

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 26 Sep 2022, 10:17 pm

If this is true, Fury is an absolute joke.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 26 Sep 2022, 11:18 pm

Said it already when this was rumoured, but the only way Fury can get away with this is if his very next fight in the Spring is against Usyk.

He's had a PR shocker here. If he'd just come out and said words to the effect of, "Usyk is my target now, but that's not viable until March or April 2023 so I'm taking a keep-busy fight against Charr to stay sharp in the meantime" from the off then I don't think he'd get anywhere near as big a kicking as he's now likely to take for this one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2022, 8:52 am

Fury and Charr are very close friends…basically Fury-Chisora 3 replacement fight.
Shocker IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 27 Sep 2022, 9:45 am

The minute Fury stated he wouldn't settle for less than 60/40 i knew this wouldn't happen. Think it was a huge shock to them when AJ went okay then, so now it's whatever he can to back out of it. He is not coming out of this looking good and even some of his bigger fans seem to be turning against him.

Massive blunder and even worse as it's a winnable fight for him and kind of puts to bed the old 'i'll fight anyone' lark

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue 27 Sep 2022, 1:56 pm

I am not sure this was a PR shocker.   Fury said he had arranged an interim fight because Usyk wasn't going to fight him in December (injury + time off).  He said he wouldn't announce the name of the interim fighter because it would be announced at a press conference the following week.  Before that press conference Fury went on Social Media and offered AJ the fight.  He gave AJ generous terms but he set a rolling deadline that became fixed for yesterday.  The contract wasn't signed by AJs team so Fury just said AJ didn't take the opportunity because he is a loser and that's that - Fury moves on.  He also added that he signed the contract sent by Deontay Wilder for the first fight within 24 hours.

So where are we now?   Those that are Fury supporters and anti AJ - say AJ ducked out.  Those that are AJ supporters and anti-Fury say Fury never intended to fight AJ, this was a publicity stunt, it is Tyson Fury that ducked out.  Meanwhile the neutral is disappointed but then thinks about the Usyk - Fury fight recognising that Fury will be taking a warm up fight in the interim.  However the neutral knowing Fury also wonders whether there will be a Usyk - Fury fight.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Sep 2022, 2:02 pm

Where are we now ??...Not taking care of aspects of the contract because the big oath set an unrealistic deadline.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 27 Sep 2022, 4:13 pm

No name Bertie wrote:I am not sure this was a PR shocker.   Fury said he had arranged an interim fight because Usyk wasn't going to fight him in December (injury + time off).  He said he wouldn't announce the name of the interim fighter because it would be announced at a press conference the following week.  Before that press conference Fury went on Social Media and offered AJ the fight.  He gave AJ generous terms but he set a rolling deadline that became fixed for yesterday.  The contract wasn't signed by AJs team so Fury just said AJ didn't take the opportunity because he is a loser and that's that - Fury moves on.  He also added that he signed the contract sent by Deontay Wilder for the first fight within 24 hours.

So where are we now?   Those that are Fury supporters and anti AJ - say AJ ducked out.  Those that are AJ supporters and anti-Fury say Fury never intended to fight AJ, this was a publicity stunt, it is Tyson Fury that ducked out.  Meanwhile the neutral is disappointed but then thinks about the Usyk - Fury fight recognising that Fury will be taking a warm up fight in the interim.  However the neutral knowing Fury also wonders whether there will be a Usyk - Fury fight.

There's one reasonable view to have here and that is Fury being a clown as always. He had no intention of fighting AJ, had his bluff called and that's it.

Soul Requiem

Mr Bounce and Derbymanc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2022, 5:56 pm

Seems like Fury vs Charr is on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down