The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 23 Sep 2022, 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Oct 2022, 12:16 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Fantastic reading this morning. Well done to you both.

On the bender; if I recall correctly he usually buys his bottles in boxes. 96 last time, so 4 boxes of 24.

Allowing for shorts periods of semi-comatose behaviour staring at lower division football matches (but not really paying much attention) and that the missus was probably gone for a night or two only - then yes, 3 days is a little long in my book. Most likely 2 days... 2 and a half at most. So around 60 hours to himself in total.

We'd need to subtract say 10 hours for fiddle practise, nodding off and toilet breaks. That leaves around 50 hours. So divide 96 by 50. That makes 1.92 (let's round that up and call it 2) bottles an hour for the duration.

That's a marathon in itself.

What a wonderful post. Some intellectual analysis to complement the soaring wit and erudition showed by Galted and myself.

Particularly loved the description of the Scottish premier league as 'lower division football'. Beautifully done.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon 03 Oct 2022, 1:03 pm

I had to look after the kids so only managed a few cans over the weekend. Mrs Superfly is back later today - I can't remember what she looks like.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Oct 2022, 1:54 pm

superflyweight wrote:I had to look after the kids so only managed a few cans over the weekend.  Mrs Superfly is back later today - I can't remember what she looks like.  

She will look happier than she did before.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Oct 2022, 2:44 pm

Great stuff from PJ and excellent cameos from Super and Julius.

I hope Rick and LiW are still alive.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Oct 2022, 2:53 pm

Galted wrote:Great stuff from PJ and excellent cameos from Super and Julius.

I hope Rick and LiW are still alive.

I feel like we were the warm up act to Pee Jay who was the chief undercard to Jules and Super.

Kind of like those folk bands playing at the C*nts Corner stage at Glastonbury at 10:30.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Oct 2022, 3:55 pm

There's a rumour going around that Jeff's the surprise headline act but he's bound to disappoint again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Oct 2022, 3:59 pm

I heard a rumour it was Bananarama.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Oct 2022, 4:11 pm

I see Svante Paabo has won a Nobel Prize. I always thought he was an idiot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 03 Oct 2022, 4:31 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

We've all been there.

Just me then.

I'm with you metaphorically.

Cheers, Pee Jay. Means a lot.

I can imagine it though.

Reminds me of a very old story about an ancestor. Apparently have gave no quarter when confronted by a drunk on a dock.

Can't say I'm proud of his behaviour but then again it was a long time ago and things were different back then and he obviously had to make sure the other person 'learned his lesson' when there was a lot at stake.

You couldn't really behave like that today when walking through customs into a foreign country though. You'd be jumped on by Security.

Is that how your family ended up in Australia?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Oct 2022, 6:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I heard a rumour it was Bananarama.

Acknowledged.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Oct 2022, 6:10 pm

LiW now accounted for, that leaves Rick as the sole Tea Society victim of the Indonesian football stampede.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Oct 2022, 10:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I see Svante Paabo has won a Nobel Prize. I always thought he was an idiot.

Self-acknowledged.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Oct 2022, 8:23 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I see Svante Paabo has won a Nobel Prize. I always thought he was an idiot.

Self-acknowledged.

That's one to be shared with Stephen Fry and PJ.  It's way over the heads of the rest of us.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Oct 2022, 8:31 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Self-acknowledged.

That's one to be shared with Stephen Fry and PJ.  It's way over the heads of the rest of us.

Fist missed.
Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Oct 2022, 9:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Self-acknowledged.

Fist missed.
Sicond.

I'm a bit p*ssed at that twist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 9:43 am

Galted wrote:LiW now accounted for, that leaves Rick as the sole Tea Society victim of the Indonesian football stampede.

And Serial.

Although there is a very strong chance he started the stampede.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Oct 2022, 9:45 am

Galted wrote:LiW now accounted for, that leaves Rick as the sole Tea Society victim of the Indonesian football stampede.

And Serial.

Wonder whatever happened to him, he's the only member who completely disappeared.

Either he crossed paths with a bigger serial killer or, less likely, was apprehended by the police.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 9:47 am

Galted wrote:

And Serial.

Wonder whatever happened to him, he's the only member who completely disappeared.

Either he crossed paths with a bigger serial killer or, less likely, was apprehended by the police.

It will have involved violence, whatever it was.

And Union. How can we forget Union. He was one funny dude.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:35 am

Union once approached me through the private messages to ask for some legal advice to do with a property dispute. I gave him some advice and he disappeared shortly thereafter.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:39 am

Is it just me or is Duty doing a cracking impersonation of Alan Partridge over on the politics thread?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:44 am

superflyweight wrote:Union once approached me through the private messages to ask for some legal advice to do with a property dispute.  I gave him some advice and he disappeared shortly thereafter.  

I have a dispute with a supplier at the moment (genuinely) over some import tax. I may message you for advice.

If I then disappear, we know it was your fault that Union left.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:46 am

superflyweight wrote:Is it just me or is Duty doing a cracking impersonation of Alan Partridge over on the politics thread?  

I watched some Partridge last night. The one where the inland revenue ladies turn up. So funny.

I like his imaginary bass playing and then when he stabs the Beefeater teddy in the neck.

Lovely stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:50 am

Not a massive Partridge fan but the bit where he impales his foot on a fence spike and subsequently throws up while delivering a speech, due to the pain, could potentially cause me to sh*t myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:52 am

superflyweight wrote:Union once approached me through the private messages to ask for some legal advice to do with a property dispute.  I gave him some advice and he disappeared shortly thereafter.  

I have a dispute with a supplier at the moment (genuinely) over some import tax. I may message you for advice.

I'm not good on tax - bet Rick is better.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:55 am

Galted wrote:Not a massive Partridge fan but the bit where he impales his foot on a fence spike and subsequently throws up while delivering a speech, due to the pain, could potentially cause me to sh*t myself.

Yeah, Colour Me Alan is that episode. So good. Alan - "Lynn, take your fooooot off the spiiike". Lynn - "but Alan, my foots not on a spike".

Partridge is in the holy trinity of comedy in my house. The Office, Partridge and Phoenix Nights. If anyone doesn't like them, they are not f*cking allowed round my gaff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

superflyweight wrote:Is it just me or is Duty doing a cracking impersonation of Alan Partridge over on the politics thread?  

I watched some Partridge last night. The one where the inland revenue ladies turn up. So funny.

I like his imaginary bass playing and then when he stabs the Beefeater teddy in the neck.

Lovely stuff.

I downloaded that song (Gary Numan - Music for Chameleons) and regularly recreate the air bass guitar playing.

The 'trod on a spike' scene is the pinnacle of sit-com comedy.

"Oooh, it's a GOOD paper".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

superflyweight wrote:

I'm not good on tax - bet Rick is better.  

I'll ask him, thanks.

If I then disappear, you'll know it is lawyers in general who are c*nts, not just you personally.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:58 am

superflyweight wrote:

Lovely stuff.

I downloaded that song (Gary Numan - Music for Chameleons) and regularly recreate the air bass guitar playing.  

The 'trod on a spike' scene is the pinnacle of sit-com comedy.  

"Oooh, it's a GOOD paper".  

I also like when the South African bloke is having a meeting on his upside down door as a replacement for a board room table. "No Alan, you can't". Alan - "you can't call me that!".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Oct 2022, 10:58 am

Galted wrote:Not a massive Partridge fan but the bit where he impales his foot on a fence spike and subsequently throws up while delivering a speech, due to the pain, could potentially cause me to sh*t myself.

Yeah, Colour Me Alan is that episode. So good. Alan - "Lynn, take your fooooot off the spiiike". Lynn -  "but Alan, my foots not on a spike".

Partridge is in the holy trinity of comedy in my house. The Office, Partridge and Phoenix Nights. If anyone doesn't like them, they are not f*cking allowed round my gaff.

Also throw in the original That Peter Kay Thing which essentially included the pilot for Phoenix Nights. The Ice Cream Man and the Bingo Caller episodes are incredible.

The oldest paperboy in the work episode isn't as good but does have the bit about his mum being in labour with him for 48 hours before someone realised she was wearing tights.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 11:00 am

superflyweight wrote:

Yeah, Colour Me Alan is that episode. So good. Alan - "Lynn, take your fooooot off the spiiike". Lynn -  "but Alan, my foots not on a spike".

Also throw in the original That Peter Kay Thing which essentially included the pilot for Phoenix Nights.  The Ice Cream Man and the Bingo Caller episodes are incredible.  

The oldest paperboy in the work episode isn't as good but does have the bit about his mum being in labour with him for 48 hours before someone realised she was wearing tights.  

l*l out loud.

Yeah, they are brilliant as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Oct 2022, 11:04 am

I'd go for the Office, the Royle Family (barring the Christmas specials) and the Young Ones (though some of it's aged in cringeworthy fashion). Haven't seen Phoenix Nights though it's on a permanent to-watch list. Have seen some of Peter Kay's spoof documentaries (the ice-cream wars and the newspaper delivery guy spring to mind) and they were pretty funny.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 11:15 am

Galted wrote:

I'd go for the Office, the Royle Family (barring the Christmas specials) and the Young Ones (though some of it's aged in cringeworthy fashion).  Haven't seen Phoenix Nights though it's on a permanent to-watch list.  Have seen some of Peter Kay's spoof documentaries (the ice-cream wars and the newspaper delivery guy spring to mind) and they were pretty funny.

I do like the Royle Family as well (agreed on the terrible Christmas ones). It is in the list just below the Holy Trinity. Along with The Day Today and Blackadder (particularly Goes Forth).

Problem with the Royle Family is that it is essentially a documentary of my early life and particularly my aunty Pam and Uncle Dave's house which could have been the setting for the whole thing. Too many similarities.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Oct 2022, 2:48 pm

I have a similar issue with The Royal Family, I get flashbacks, it's pretty on point for a standard Northern family dynamic.

Afternoon all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Oct 2022, 2:52 pm

I get flashbacks with To The Manor Born.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 2:52 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I have a similar issue with The Royal Family, I get flashbacks, it's pretty on point for a standard Northern family dynamic.

Afternoon all.

It really is. Frighteningly so. The Royle Family is basically the reason Mrs Windows barely ever comes up North with me.

riCK, how much do you charge for legal advice on import tax queries?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 2:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I get flashbacks with To The Manor Born.

Does Superfly get flashback to Rab C Nesbitt?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Oct 2022, 2:56 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I have a similar issue with The Royal Family, I get flashbacks, it's pretty on point for a standard Northern family dynamic.

Afternoon all.

It really is. Frighteningly so. The Royle Family is basically the reason Mrs Windows barely ever comes up North with me.

riCK, how much do you charge for legal advice on import tax queries?

I can't claim to be any kind of import tax expert by any means, but have dealt with some stuff before, whizz me a DM and I will see if I can assist in any way.

Between me and supes we may be able to offer something in the way of at least a way forward.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Oct 2022, 3:00 pm

I also get a bit cringe when I watch "Human Traffic" for a certain part of my youth.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Oct 2022, 3:03 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I also get a bit cringe when I watch "Human Traffic" for a certain part of my youth.

Likewise. Great soundtrack on that film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Oct 2022, 4:58 pm

I'm not Loretta Lynn.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Oct 2022, 5:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Loretta Lynn.

You ain't woman enough.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Oct 2022, 8:06 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Loretta Lynn.

You ain't woman enough.  

He's the reason our kids are ugly.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Oct 2022, 8:07 am

Fist City

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Oct 2022, 8:13 am

You b*stard.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Oct 2022, 9:09 am

Wonder how the g*lf crew will deal with l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Oct 2022, 11:04 am

I wonder how preparations are going for the big conference in Birmingham today?

Your man Quasimodo was dripping with sweat the other day (or was it yesterday... time flies) which must mean he is guilty of something truly terrible besides his major fiscal f*ckup.

I bet he parties with Prince Andrew too. What a f*cker... so he's a bloody freeloader as well!

"Who voted for this?"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 Oct 2022, 12:06 pm

Don't suppose anyone knows the optimal way of eating chicken wings/flats, without gnawing at it like a rat, do they?

I always feel I leave too much chicken on the bone.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 Oct 2022, 12:21 pm

You should suck them.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Oct 2022, 12:28 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Don't suppose anyone knows the optimal way of eating chicken wings/flats, without gnawing at it like a rat, do they?

I always feel I leave too much chicken on the bone.

I'm the same, that's why I always try to avoid them. Not much meat there.
Agree it's a struggle getting your tongue in between the bones and trying to suck out whatever's there... like a gnarly rat or small chihuahua.

I also never eat chicken feet. Mostly due to the look of them but I also can't help thinking that the feet will have all sorts of dirt, grime and bacteria lingering in between the toes. I have visions of those same feet trampling across a dirty and dusty market floor covered in all kinds of poultry piss and sh!t... mixed in with the angry shopkeeper's phlegm and spit.

So what's everyone having for lunch?
I just had some fruity ice cream and mixed berries before bed here. 8.6/10

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Oct 2022, 12:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:You should suck them.  

If I had a pound....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next