The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 23 2022, 16:40

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 28 2022, 09:16

Watch my fist you mothers!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 28 2022, 09:31

International Monetary Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 28 2022, 09:42

Kwasimodo's tird.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 28 2022, 13:30

Remember when the Queen was dead?  Those were better times.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 28 2022, 13:41

superflyweight wrote:Remember when the Queen was dead?  Those were better times.

I'm exhausted being serious over on the political thread.

Does anyone want to talk about big norks?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 28 2022, 16:14

superflyweight wrote:Remember when the Queen was dead?  Those were better times.

I'm exhausted being serious over on the political thread.

Does anyone want to talk about big norks?

As long as it's unrelated to inflation.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 29 2022, 08:53

I'm not Coolio but I am fistio. Coolio is deadio.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 29 2022, 09:10

superflyweight wrote:I'm not Coolio but I am fistio.  Coolio is deadio.  

Found unresponsive in a friend's bathroom. Must've been some crap.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 29 2022, 09:56

Galted wrote:

Christ, this has been a rough few months for high profile deaths. Hilary Mantel, Jean-Luc Godard, Gorbachev, Olivia Newton-John. I'm sure there must be others.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 29 2022, 10:01

Galted wrote:

Christ, this has been a rough few months for high profile deaths. Hilary Mantel, Jean-Luc Godard, Gorbachev, Olivia Newton-John. I'm sure there must be others.

You forgot JayDaYoungan, you silly chump!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Sep 29 2022, 10:12

Coolio has gone to the gangsta's paradise.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 29 2022, 10:52

JuliusHMarx wrote:Coolio has gone to the gangsta's paradise.

Wow. Of all the people to be racist, you weren't top of the list Julio (too soon) Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 29 2022, 10:59

Wow. Of all the people to be racist, you weren't top of the list Julio (too soon) Jules.

I've known he's a racist for a while now, you can't pullio the woolio over my eyes for long.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Sep 29 2022, 11:07

Galted wrote:

I've known he's a racist for a while now, you can't pullio the woolio over my eyes for long.

L*lio

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 29 2022, 11:11

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*lio

Julio l*lio's out loudio at Galted's pullio the woolio comments?

Cleverly disguising what a terrible pair of human beings you are. I can see what is happening here, do you think I'm some kind of foolio?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 29 2022, 11:38

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*lio

Cleverly disguising what a terrible pair of human beings you are. I can see what is happening here, do you think I'm some kind of foolio?

Sorry, but when there's a celebrity death we're a right pair of ghoulios.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Sep 29 2022, 11:45

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*lio

We had a right laugh at Barrymore's poolio.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 29 2022, 14:39

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*lio

And Epstein for being such a toolio

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Sep 29 2022, 15:37

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*lio

And Epstein for being such a toolio

I quite fancy Stacey Dooleyo.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 30 2022, 09:23

You lot keep opening yourselves up for my fist.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 30 2022, 09:29

Gratefully received. Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 30 2022, 09:48

Nothing better than a gnarled, warty old Scottish fist on a Friday.

We've all been there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:18

We've all been there.

Just me then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:28

We've all been there.

Just me then.

I'm with you metaphorically.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:31

Pal Joey wrote:

We've all been there.

Just me then.

Cheers, Pee Jay. Means a lot.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:37

Pal Joey wrote:

We've all been there.

Just me then.

Cheers, Pee Jay. Means a lot.

I can imagine it though.

Reminds me of a very old story about an ancestor. Apparently have gave no quarter when confronted by a drunk on a dock.

Can't say I'm proud of his behaviour but then again it was a long time ago and things were different back then and he obviously had to make sure the other person 'learned his lesson' when there was a lot at stake.

You couldn't really behave like that today when walking through customs into a foreign country though. You'd be jumped on by Security.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:39

London Marathon on Sunday.  Will take a wander up to the main road with my kid as there's usually one or two runners dressed as Minions.

I'll be sure to adopt an expression of vague disinterest as I'd hate for any runner to feel inspired on my account.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:43

Galted wrote:London Marathon on Sunday.

Throw a load of Snickers at them. Will confuse the hell out of anyone born before 1990.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 30 2022, 11:53

Throw a load of Snickers at them. Will confuse the hell out of anyone born before 1990.

Would love to see Galted out the front on his unicycle wearing his "Pace Maker" top.

Have a mate who just ran the Berlin marathon. He's done many of the big ones often with only a week or two in between. For instance, he did Buffalo then New York. He takes about 3h 20 which is a pretty good pace for someone his age.

Another bloke who runs with him (ex rugby league player from the 1980s) takes about 5-6 hours but stops along the way. Apparently in the US one course goes through some university dorms so he just slows down (or even slips off the course for a quick breather) and chats with the women. A bit of a player he is.

The first guy is bit of a bore really. Too serious. Clocks up hundreds of kms training each week whilst the other bloke does no training (well... just a few quick stretches) and just turns up on the day after being out on the piss the night before... chatting up women in bars. Then just whacks on his 'running' shoes and heads for the starting line. Don't know how he does it.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:01; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:01

Pal Joey wrote:

Would love to see Galted out the front on his unicycle wearing his "Pace Maker" top.

Have a mate who just ran the Berlin marathon. He's done many of the big ones often with only a week or two in between. For instance, he did Buffalo then New York. He takes about 3h 20 which is a pretty good pace for someone his age.

Another bloke who runs with him (ex rugby league payer from the 1980s) takes about 5-6 hours but stops along the way. Apparently in the US one course goes through some university dorms so he just slows down (or even slips off the course for a quick breather) and chats with the women. A bit of a player he is.

The first guy... is bit of a bore really. Too serious. Clocks up hundreds of kms training each week whilst the other bloke just turns up on the day after being out on the piss the night before... chatting up women in bars. Then just whacks on his shoes and heads for the starting line. Don't know how he does it.

I mean anyone born after 1990 of course.

I've got a few friends (no, really) who just spam me with their Strava achievements. Some run or cycle they did. They send them to me on WhatsApp despite the fact I've never asked and I'm not interested. I did consider seeing if there were any patterns in their cycle rides so I could hide somewhere at the bottom of a descent and quickly whip up some fishing line as they hit top speed. Then I decided beheading them was a little excessive so decided to reply to their messages and call them c*nts instead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:03

I meant "player" of course. Don't think he pays for anything.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:06

Mrs Superfly is running it. I wouldn't advise throwing anything at her, not with her temper.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:10

Pal Joey wrote:

Another bloke who runs with him (ex rugby league payer from the 1980s) takes about 5-6 hours but stops along the way. Apparently in the US one course goes through some university dorms so he just slows down (or even slips off the course for a quick breather) and chats with the women. A bit of a player he is.

The first guy... is bit of a bore really. Too serious. Clocks up hundreds of kms training each week whilst the other bloke just turns up on the day after being out on the piss the night before... chatting up women in bars. Then just whacks on his shoes and heads for the starting line. Don't know how he does it.

I've got a few friends (no, really) who just spam me with their Strava achievements. Some run or cycle they did. They send them to me on WhatsApp despite the fact I've never asked and I'm not interested. I did consider seeing if there were any patterns in their cycle rides so I could hide somewhere at the bottom of a descent and quickly whip up some fishing line as they hit top speed. Then I decided beheading them was a little excessive so decided to reply to their messages and call them c*nts instead.

Strava is the biggest indicator that humans have failed as a species - "Oh, look at my run, give me kudos".

They can all f*ck off with their positivity and mock interest in how long it took some other d1ckhead to run 5km!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:30

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Strava is the biggest indicator that humans have failed as a species - "Oh, look at my run, give me kudos".  

They can all f*ck off with their positivity and mock interest in how long it took some other d1ckhead to run 5km!  

The human race is magnificent, supes. I have it on good authority.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:51

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I forgot about that. I stand corrected.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:54

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I must have missed it. I thought it was on next week?
Who won? That South Sudanese guy again? They're pretty much unbeatable.

So we're all phucked. The beginning of the end of the world ticks closer in 5 minutes after Putin makes his declaration.
It was nice knowing you guys. Top bunch of blokes you all are. See you near the Kuiper Belt! We should catch up for a drink if possible.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 30 2022, 13:47

Pal Joey wrote:

So we're all phucked. The beginning of the end of the world ticks closer in 5 minutes after Putin makes his declaration.
It was nice knowing you guys. Top bunch of blokes you all are. See you near the Kuiper Belt! We should catch up for a drink if possible.

We'll all stop off at Uranus first.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 30 2022, 14:08

Pal Joey wrote:

Don't forget to pack ample supplies of Mars Bars... or Snickers if you prefer.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 30 2022, 14:10

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Don't forget to pack ample supplies of Mars Bars... or Snickers if you prefer.

Or Milky Way, if you're in the USA.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 03 2022, 09:37

Fist.

Still recovering from the London Marathon.  Relatively pleased with my performance, had my kid on my shoulders the whole time and still managed to eat a salmon bagel without spilling anything.  Covered the stretch along Trafalgar Road into Woolwich Road as far as the east end of Charlton Business Park.

Didn't notice Mrs Fly though, to be honest, I have no idea what she looks like.  Was looking out for a huge red-haired woman dressed from head to toe in tartan with a can of Tennents in one hand, newspaper full of fish and chips in the other and a Capstan Full Strength dangling from her mouth.

Did strike up a conversation with two men of the north, both impressively p*ssed by early afternoon.  Had a friendly argument with the more intelligible one about whether my kid was more bone idle than his mate.  Turns out it's probably his mate.

A few observations:
- there were more people dressed as rhinos than there are actual rhinos in the wild
- the rhino costumes are quite unrealistic
- the race is a bit tedious once out of earshot of the steel band*
- fat people are sh*te at running
- some people were in wheelchairs which is f*cking cheating as far as I'm concerned

* Disgraceful that they have a steel band playing, I'm sure it's just to provoke racists such as Julius and myself.  Went up to them and shouted 'steel band?  STEAL band more likely' but, as it is a visually based slur joke, it didn't really work.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 03 2022, 09:42

Galted wrote:Fist.

Still recovering from the London Marathon.  Relatively pleased with my performance, had my kid on my shoulders the whole time and still managed to eat a salmon bagel without spilling anything.  Covered the stretch along Trafalgar Road into Woolwich Road as far as the east end of Charlton Business Park.

Didn't notice Mrs Fly though, to be honest, I have no idea what she looks like.  Was looking out for a huge red-haired woman dressed from head to toe in tartan with a can of Tennents in one hand, newspaper full of fish and chips in the other and a Capstan Full Strength dangling from her mouth.

Did strike up a conversation with two men of the north, both impressively p*ssed by early afternoon.  Had a friendly argument with the more intelligible one about whether my kid was more bone idle than his mate.  Turns out it's probably his mate.

A few observations:
- there were more people dressed as rhinos than there are actual rhinos in the wild
- some people were in wheelchairs which is f*cking cheating as far as I'm concerned

* Disgraceful that they have a steel band playing, I'm sure it's just to provoke racists such as Julius and myself.  Went up to them and shouted 'steel band?  STEAL band more likely' but, as it is a visually based slur joke, it didn't really work.

What a lovely start to the day. Great summary, Galted.

As I said yesterday though, my mate is definitely more bone idle than your kid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 03 2022, 09:58

Galted wrote:Fist.

A few observations:

What a lovely start to the day. Great summary, Galted.

As I said yesterday though, my mate is definitely more bone idle than your kid.

Thanks, Tino.  I put a lot of work into it so it's pleasing to get such a compliment.

Was great to finally meet you.  Had no idea that you were so foul-mouthed or wore tracksuit bottoms in public.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 03 2022, 10:00

Galted wrote:
Was great to finally meet you.  Had no idea that you were so foul-mouthed or wore tracksuit bottoms in public.

Frighteningly close to the truth!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 03 2022, 10:25

Galted wrote:

Who was your 'friend'?

I thought at first it might be Duty but then remembered that he speaks like a caricature of a Cornish fisherman.  Was it michaels?  He was pretty drunk and heading in the vague direction of the cricket pitch in the park.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 03 2022, 10:37

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Who was your 'friend'?

I thought at first it might be Duty but then remembered that he speaks like a caricature of a Cornish fisherman.  Was it michaels?  He was pretty drunk and heading in the vague direction of the cricket pitch in the park.

It was in fact, michaels. We'd had a few snakebite and blacks for breakfast. He ordered some chips as well but I wasn't falling for that one. Not again.

Shah was there as well. Last time I saw him he was kicking a tramp to death and blaming him for Shah's rucksack "malfunction".

All in all, a great day out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 03 2022, 10:55

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Who was your 'friend'?

It was in fact, michaels. We'd had a few snakebite and blacks for breakfast. He ordered some chips as well but I wasn't falling for that one. Not again.

Shah was there as well. Last time I saw him he was kicking a tramp to death and blaming him for Shah's rucksack "malfunction".

All in all, a great day out.

L*l out loud re michaels and the chips.

Good old Shah, becoming mayor of London hasn't changed him at all.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 03 2022, 11:28

Galted wrote:

Bit racist but willing to overlook it.

Are you disappointed that Superfly hasn't reacted to your description of his wife? I thought it was beautifully written. Almost poetic.

The only reason I can think of that he hasn't reacted is that your description is actually flattering?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 03 2022, 11:36

Galted wrote:

Are you disappointed that Superfly hasn't reacted to your description of his wife? I thought it was beautifully written. Almost poetic.

The only reason I can think of that he hasn't reacted is that your description is actually flattering?

I would imagine that, with his wife away, he's been on a three-day bender and is, as I type, waking up and wondering where the f*ck he is.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 03 2022, 11:38

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I would imagine that, with his wife away, he's been on a three-day bender and is, as I type, waking up and wondering where the f*ck he is.

Remove the words 'three-day' from that sentence and you're probably right.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 03 2022, 11:55

Fantastic reading this morning. Well done to you both.

On the bender; if I recall correctly he usually buys his bottles in boxes. 96 last time, so 4 boxes of 24.

Allowing for shorts periods of semi-comatose behaviour staring at lower division football matches (but not really paying much attention) and that the missus was probably gone for a night or two only - then yes, 3 days is a little long in my book. Most likely 2 days... 2 and a half at most. So around 60 hours to himself in total.

We'd need to subtract say 10 hours for fiddle practise, nodding off and toilet breaks. That leaves around 50 hours. So divide 96 by 50. That makes 1.92 (let's round that up and call it 2) bottles an hour for the duration.

That's a marathon in itself.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next