The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 FIFA World Cup

+18
Galted
westisbest
Pal Joey
RiscaGame
mountain man
Luke
Lowlandbrit
Mind the windows Tino.
Luckless Pedestrian
JDizzle
eirebilly_01
Soul Requiem
alfie
No name Bertie
dummy_half
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Duty281
22 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Who will win the World Cup?

2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap33%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap22%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap22%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap11%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_lcap11%2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Empty 2022 FIFA World Cup

Post by Duty281 Mon 07 Nov 2022, 2:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

The strangest World Cup of them all will begin in Qatar in just a couple of weeks. The first World Cup (and surely not the last!) to be held in Arabia; the first World Cup not to take place in May, June or July; only the second World Cup to be hosted in Asia; and the last World Cup to be played with the 32-team format, as from 2026 the tournament will expand to 48 teams.

Free-scoring Brazil are, as usual, the bookmakers' favourites for the World Cup. It's been quite a barren run for the five-time winners - 20 years since they last won the tournament, and they've only made it past the quarter-finals once in the last four iterations. They were runners-up in last year's Copa America, but have since gone on an unbeaten run which has seen them cruise through qualification.

Argentina, the Copa America champions, are installed as the second favourites, in what will surely be Messi's last chance of World Cup glory. The Argentines are on a very long unbeaten run, having not experienced defeat in any fixture for over three years. Will Messi finally emulate Maradona and lead his side to their first World Cup in 36 years? Uruguay and Ecuador are the only other South American entrants; Colombia and Chile have missed out.

Turning to Europe, France are defending their second World Cup crown - they will be hoping it will go better than their first defence when they were dispatched in the group stage in 2002. On paper they still retain a strong side; in reality they're on a poor run of form, having been knocked out of the last Euros in the Last 16, and some key players will miss the World Cup through injury.

Europe, of course, has a wide range of potential winners extending beyond France. England, with an array of exciting attacking talent, will try to end all those years of hurt and misery, having come so close last year to breaking the duck. But they have also struggled in recent times, with Southgate struggling to get the best out of his creative talents. Germany and Spain both won the World Cup in the last decade, and are hoping to bounce back from disappointments in 2018. Belgium's golden generation has one last chance to deliver, as does Ronaldo for Portugal. The Dutch and the Danes will remain optimistic, and Wales are in it for the first time since 1958.

Or, perchance, for the very first time a winner outside of Europe and South America? African champions Senegal are likely leading this charge, with Mane and Koulibaly at the heart of their side, although no African nation has ever made the semi-finals of this competition. The North Americans are well represented with all three host nations of 2026 - Canada, USA and Mexico - and Costa Rica  making an appearance, although you'll have to go back to 1930 for the last, and only, time a North American team made the semi-final stage.

Oceania have zero representation - unless you count Australia, but in footballing terms Australia are as Asian as Israel are European - and haven't done so since New Zealand's unbeaten run in 2010. The Asian continent hasn't done anything of note since South Korea in 2002, and their best hope this year probably comes from the South Koreans or Japanese, although hosts Qatar will be hoping to navigate themselves through a tricky group.

Um...come on, England?

Odds on the outright winners:

Odds on Golden Boot:

World Cup Schedule:

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 19 Empty Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:06 pm

Argies not heading through.

Dutch turned into Wimbledon of the 80s for the last twenty, and a free-kick routine (not dissimilar to Argentina levelling it at 2-2 v England in 1998) of incredible audacity has got the Dutch to extra-time. Weghorst is the big man for the big occasion and we've got another game going the distance.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:06 pm

If all else fails just smash it up to the big lad, then that FK routine, incredible
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:07 pm

Wow. Didn’t see Holland coming back into this.
Great free kick.
Interesting extra time ahead.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:07 pm

Lots of argy-bargy on the field.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:09 pm

GSC wrote:If all else fails just smash it up to the big lad, then that FK routine, incredible

That total football cobblers with Cruyff didn't win them anything, did it? Next game - Dutch go 4-4-2 with Weghorst and big Virgil up top.

Duty281

GSC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:27 pm

Dutch seem to have settled for penalties while Argentina haven't worked it out their system
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:28 pm

Both teams now reverted to the sparring of the first thirty minutes. Referee trying really hard not to send anyone off.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:46 pm

What a bizarre old game. Argentina unfortunate not to win it in that second half of ET. Dutch abandoned the direct approach which troubled the South Americans so much.

Penalties again!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:56 pm

Villa are massive.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 09 Dec 2022, 9:58 pm

In the end the right team won I think. The Dutch only really offered anything in the last 10 when they started launching it down 2-0.

Fabulous entertainment though
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Dec 2022, 10:04 pm

GSC wrote:In the end the right team won I think. The Dutch only really offered anything in the last 10 when they started launching it down 2-0.

Fabulous entertainment though

A bit like Croatia in that their opponents played the better football but they offered a refusal to lose. Feel for their fans having seen the miraculous comeback and then endured the next 45 minutes only to lose anyway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 10:05 pm

Deserved victory for Argentina in a strange game that just drifted for 75 minutes, then launched into life with late goals, cards a plenty, scraps and a penalty shootout to top it off.

Referee copped a lot of flak, but he seemed to be weighed down by a FIFA directive to not send anyone off unless it was absolutely essential. He definitely lost control at the end. A dozen yellows? Not really sure what instigated all the aggro, but with Argentina's typical gracefulness I'm sure we can make an educated guess.

Argentina v Croatia in the semi-final. Neither team really stands out to me. You've got one team that lost to Saudi Arabia, and another that has only beaten Canada thus far.

I think the real final is tomorrow, between England and France. Whoever wins that will find the semi-final opponents, likely Portugal, to be a level down from the quarter-final, and then in the final it'll be another level down from the semis.

I'm quite up for an England/Argentina final, to be honest. But for tomorrow it will be Le Crunch. Take the handbrake off, Gareth, and let England play.

Duty281

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 09 Dec 2022, 10:05 pm

Martinez, one of the best at saving pens.
Would love to see him lifting the World Cup.
Very confident Argentina would win.

Fancy them to go on and win it now.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 Dec 2022, 10:24 pm

Duty281 wrote:Deserved victory for Argentina in a strange game that just drifted for 75 minutes, then launched into life with late goals, cards a plenty, scraps and a penalty shootout to top it off.

Referee copped a lot of flak, but he seemed to be weighed down by a FIFA directive to not send anyone off unless it was absolutely essential. He definitely lost control at the end. A dozen yellows? Not really sure what instigated all the aggro, but with Argentina's typical gracefulness I'm sure we can make an educated guess.

Argentina v Croatia in the semi-final. Neither team really stands out to me. You've got one team that lost to Saudi Arabia, and another that has only beaten Canada thus far.

I think the real final is tomorrow, between England and France. Whoever wins that will find the semi-final opponents, likely Portugal, to be a level down from the quarter-final, and then in the final it'll be another level down from the semis.

I'm quite up for an England/Argentina final, to be honest. But for tomorrow it will be Le Crunch. Take the handbrake off, Gareth, and let England play.

Admire your optimism and hope it's not misdirected, but I don't really see what England have done that puts them ahead of Argentina, Croatia or Portugal.  Of the 6 teams left I'd put France ahead of the pack and Morocco behind.  Of the other four Argentina, Croatia and Portugal have an ability to squeeze results out of games that seem to have slipped them by and England an ability to throw results away.  Having said that, I will open an extra bottle of Theakston's on Sunday if it's an England Morocco semi final.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Dec 2022, 11:14 pm

I'd flip it and say I haven't seen what Argentina, Croatia or Portugal have done to put themselves ahead of England.

Croatia, in particular, have been quite poor and have only got this far because of penalty shootouts and three opponents in a row dominating, but being unable to finish. Portugal have had one good game, and seem transformed in attack, but we'll see tomorrow if they can put it together for two games in a row. Argentina have been scraping through their games, and they certainly threw away a result today, before rescuing it on penalties, and against Saudi earlier in the tournament.

England need not be afeared of any of those teams. Beat France and England will win the World Cup. Win the World Cup and Southgate will be the greatest manager England has ever had.

Best of all, Southgate appears to have discovered his bottle and some English courage. Early news, admittedly from the Daily Star, indicates England will be unchanged tomorrow and that should* mean the same shape. That gives England the best chance of success. Wonder if player power had anything to do with it, as Phillips seemed quite critical and outspoken of the tactics used in last year's Euro final, and I wonder if that was a common attitude among the squad.

*If it is unchanged, technically Southgate could play five at the back with Saka as the right wing-back, but considering he'd be going up against Mbappe it would be madness!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 Dec 2022, 11:17 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

France and England tomorrow...the winner will be big favourites for the World Cup.

I'm currently in France visiting my mate. We are going to a bar to watch the game tomorrow.

I may not get out alive to come back and argue about cricket with you, Duty, depending on how the evening goes.

Don't worry, Tino, I won't tell your other half.

Remember, if it kicks off, the French will surrender in time-honoured fashion.

L*l.

Two northerners against a bar full of French. I make us heavy favourites.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 Dec 2022, 11:48 pm

Provided there’s no Scottish women in the bar.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Mind the windows Tino. and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022, 1:06 am

Well that was all something , was it not ? Two shootouts in one day and the favourites on the plane home...

Having called both those semis wrong I am definitely not going to make any prediction for the other two.

Croatia have a real knack of doing nothing for two hours and then winning on penalties : have to admire their stamina above all else ! Won't be too surprised if they do exactly the same against Argentina.

Call me callous but I am not too sorry to see Brazil out. Very good team , sure : but really not the demi-gods some of the media coverage would have them be. Their choreographed celebrations don't annoy me as much as they do some others , but I do think they fancy themselves a bit. Guess that could be called healthy self-confidence , to be fair - but whatever...
Am a bit sad to see the Dutch depart though. Especially to Argentina who are not high on my list of Potential Second Teams to Support.

Please no penalty shootouts tonight...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 10 Dec 2022, 8:44 am

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

France and England tomorrow...the winner will be big favourites for the World Cup.

I'm currently in France visiting my mate. We are going to a bar to watch the game tomorrow.

I may not get out alive to come back and argue about cricket with you, Duty, depending on how the evening goes.

L*l.

Reminds me, I left my towel in France a few years back. Was a beigy colour if a remember correctly. Could you do me a favour and keep an eye out for it?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 9:20 am

The biggest shame about the Dutch losing is we didn't get to see Sean Dyche immortalised among their legendary icons
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat 10 Dec 2022, 10:24 am

Galted wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

L*l.

Reminds me, I left my towel in France a few years back.  Was a beigy colour if a remember correctly.  Could you do me a favour and keep an eye out for it?

No worries, Galted. I'll ask around if anyone remembers a guy in sandals and socks and wearing combat shorts. Got to be you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 10 Dec 2022, 10:28 am

Galted wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

L*l.

Reminds me, I left my towel in France a few years back.  Was a beigy colour if a remember correctly.  Could you do me a favour and keep an eye out for it?

No worries, Galted. I'll ask around if anyone remembers a guy in sandals and socks and wearing combat shorts. Got to be you.

Cheers, Tino. Good to know I can always rely on you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022, 10:39 am

While you're at it , Tino : I left an Eiffel Tower souvenir Teddy Bear there a few years back...probably somewhere in the Ile Saint Louis...

My young son was devastated as we boarded the Dover Ferry.

Of course he is 25 now so perhaps a bit less urgent...

alfie

GSC and Galted like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 10:42 am

England unchanged so Gareth sticks
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 10 Dec 2022, 11:16 am

alfie wrote:Am a bit sad to see the Dutch depart though. Especially to Argentina who are not high on my list of Potential Second Teams to Support.
Sadly predictable though, supporting Holland is basically just supporting England, but in orange. Do just enough to get your hopes up, then get knocked out on penalties. Slightly old-fashioned now, but for the full experience proceed to blame it on playing/not playing the traditional 433.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat 10 Dec 2022, 12:16 pm

alfie wrote:While you're at it , Tino : I left an Eiffel Tower souvenir Teddy Bear there a few years back...probably somewhere in the Ile Saint Louis...

Blimey, alfie, you're asking a bit much now. Where am I going to find an Eiffel Tower souvenir in Paris?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 12:24 pm

Well I'm glad it's unchanged, but we're going to need Henderson to play alongside Rice, not in an advanced role as he did v Senegal.

Mbappe and Dembele love to cut in from the flanks, and they'll be targeting the gap between Walker/Stones and Shaw/Maguire respectively, so you'll need one of Henderson/Rice to assist the defensive effort, and the spare one of Henderson/Rice to watch Griezmann who will be lurking menacingly and is capable of scoring from distance.

I know all the talk is about Mbappe, but it's actually Dembele on the right that worries me more. Shaw and Maguire are on that side and those two are the weak point in England's defence, especially Maguire who struggled on both occasions a Senegal player ran at him. Plus Foden on that side won't do a lot of tracking back. Whereas on Mbappe's side not only is the English defence stronger, but you can expect Saka to track back quite a bit and aid the defensive effort.

England will be playing deeper in this one, against an opposition likely to push forward. This presents quite a chance for England to unleash powerful counter-attacks, especially down the right, with the pace of Foden, Saka and Walker all able to stretch the French. As they're playing deeper there will be spells of French pressure - here it is crucial that Bellingham can make the transition from defence to attack, and that Kane can hold up the ball effectively and win free-kicks. England will have to be clinical because chances will be at a premium and they'll likely need to score at least two in the ninety.

England's propensity for slow starts worries me as well. If England start as they usually do they'll probably find themselves a goal down, or worse, inside 20 minutes. Not sure what's causing this issue but it has to be remedied. One advantage England certainly do have is the bench, with a greater array of game-changers able to come on.

Ultimately, I think the French attack will win the day, and they'll overwhelm the English defence, winning 2-1 or 3-1, but they're only narrow favourites and I hope to be proven wrong.

This is England's toughest World Cup match since Brazil 2002 and the prize is the same - win here and the World Cup awaits.

As an added note, if England get a penalty, or it goes to penalties, then Kane will be up against Lloris, his club teammate. Beckham missed a penalty v Barthez in 2004 and those two were club teammates for a while. Same again, perchance?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 2:49 pm

Oh yeah, there's another quarter-final first, isn't there?

Portugal bringing Neves in to solidify the midfield. Will their attack fire as it did v the Swiss? If it does we may be looking at Portugal as genuine contenders. They're aiming to reach their third ever World Cup semi-final and first since 2006.

And Morocco are flying the flag for Africa. Cameroon reached this stage in 1990, Senegal in 2002, and Ghana in 2010, but none of them got any further. Can Morocco be the first team from Africa to reach the semi-finals? Ziyech has had a pretty quiet tournament so far, with Boufal being a more potent threat.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 3:51 pm

Fancy another upset? Morocco lead 1-0 at HT.

Like the Spanish game, Morocco's defence is keeping the opposition at bay. Unlike the Spanish game, Morocco have managed to get up the field for extended spells, and during one of those spells Costa misjudged a cross and allowed an easy header for El-Nesyri.

Portugal then lost their rag at half-time as they had a penalty appeal turned down, it seemed correctly.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 4:34 pm

Almost a golden counter for Morocco to seal it. Portugal almost had their own Netherlands FK routine before that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 4:58 pm

Might as well start the Croatia Morocco final on penalties 😉
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 5:02 pm

Thought Portugal made the same mistake Argentina did in their opening game, just started throwing forwards on and had no real shape or system beyond Leao on the left.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 5:05 pm

The World Cup that keeps on giving. Morocco the most unlikeliest of semi-finalists and the first from Africa to do so. And, looking forward, it may help their bid for 2030.

It was almost entirely attack v defence in that half. Portugal somehow not finding a way through, with Pepe missing a header at the last, Felix being denied by a stupendous save and Bruno Fernandes driving a shot narrowly over. I think Morocco had less than 25% possession by the end, but they could have wrapped it up on the counter at the last knockings.

Portugal's crossing was mostly poor, and I thought they needed a greater willingness from Silva or Leao to actually run at defenders. Overall the attacking movement was poor. The sizzling stuff we saw against the Swiss was absent. Morocco just hoped for the best, really. They're a very limited, but extremely well-organised side, stitched together by Amrabat. They've kept out Spain and Portugal across 210 minutes, but England/France will be another level again.

Another upset. Another surprise. Argentina, Croatia and Morocco are three of the semi-finalists. Two of them you'd have gone long odds on before the tournament started.

England or France will join them, and the winner will have a golden chance to win the World Cup.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 5:44 pm

England confirmed as unchanged. Well done, Southgate. Whatever has prompted Southgate's extra courage is to be applauded.

England also have a fantastic bench which is one clear advantage they do have over the French.

The French also unchanged. Lloris up to 143 caps, overtaking Thuram.

Last edited by Duty281 on Sat 10 Dec 2022, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 5:45 pm

Foden Vs Kounde at RB really has to be the target
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022, 6:47 pm

Only slightly surprised to see Morocco upsetting Portugal. Has certainly been a cup full of unexpected results , no ?
Extraordinary defensive record the African team has maintained. But this one didn't go to penalties , I was glad to see. At least the BBC can stop fussing about Ronaldo now...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 10 Dec 2022, 6:54 pm

Come on France. You can do it
goal 2

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:12 pm

No one picking up Griezmann. Henderson playing too advanced. Shaw caught out of position a few times. Maguire aimlessly punting the ball.

That's the danger with Henderson playing too far up. Possession lost and France spring a very dangerous counter.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:18 pm

Great goal from Tchouameni, but Saka clearly fouled in the build-up. Lovely touch from Mbappe in the middle to get away from Rice.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:20 pm

Ouch. Disappointing to be one down after playing rather well so far...but that was a brilliant strike.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:27 pm

Referee is as bent as they come.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:29 pm

Not a pen I get

Not a foul?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:31 pm

Duty281 wrote:Referee is as bent as they come.

VAR officials too. That was a proper leg hook in the penalty area.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:33 pm

GSC wrote:Not a pen I get

Not a foul?

Can VAR give just free kicks?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:36 pm

Idk that may be it. Certainly haven't had the rub of the green with these calls today
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:38 pm

JDizzle wrote:

Not a foul?

No, but contact continued into the penalty area so it was a penalty.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:43 pm

Duty281 wrote:
JDizzle wrote:

Not a foul?

No, but contact continued into the penalty area so it was a penalty.

I always thought it was first contact but that might come from regurgitating lazy punditry. Definite foul so outside the box is the only reason it can’t have been given.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:51 pm

Pretty even half. Sadly it's hinged on one great strike and some charitable calls.

Need to get a hold of Griezmann. I'd consider Kalvin for Henderson
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:55 pm

Not a lot in it really. But the important stat is the 1-0.

Plenty of ball , plenty of it well forward...but the attacks have broken down on the edge of the area too often. Not getting much joy from some tight calls by the officials. Presume that "penalty" was adjudged to have been just outside the box ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 10 Dec 2022, 7:57 pm

England have been decent. France have good players and one hit a banger from 30 yards - it happens.

France do look dangerous on the break, so England can’t go chasing this too early or they’ll get killed. Just carry on doing what you are doing.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next