The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC

4 posters

Go down

Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC Empty Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC

Post by doctor_grey Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:26 am

From the Sydney Morning News' What do you think? Would be great for USA Rugby. Though, to be fair, some pretty good coaches have worked for the USA for a while - Gary Gold there now (or at least was). For me, I can't see USA Rugby affording Eddie unless there is some serious financial backing. Outside of that, I wonder how he would do for the full 8 years. Of course, this could just be Eddie jockeying for a new job somewhere else and using this as leverage in negotiations...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/eddie-the-eagle-jones-in-talks-to-join-usa-for-record-term-20221120-p5bzps.html

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC Empty Re: Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:45 pm

Gary Gold a good coach? Maybe passable not sure I'd stretch to good.

The move might suit Eddie. He likes spending a good portion of his time in Japan and if he's allowed to be based on the West Coast that makes the travel time a lot less.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC Empty Re: Eddie the Eagle? Jones in talks to join USA for record term - through the USA home RWC

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:07 am

I also heard he was going to re-sign with England up to 2030.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:14 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I also heard he was going to re-sign with England up to 2030.

Only if Pivac stays with Wales.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down