The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

+40
Maine man
mountain man
westisbest
Scottrf
king_carlos
Margin_Walker
Fluxy
TAFKA The Oracle
Cumbrian
Unclear
lostinwales
the-goon2
carpet baboon
Jimmy Moz
rosbif
doctor_grey
Pete330v2
LeinsterFan4life
Collapse2005
geoff999rugby
propdavid_london
Poorfour
Welshmushroom
WELL-PAST-IT
Hazel Sapling
profitius
sensisball
EST
George Carlin
RugbyFan100
BigGee
Geordie
Oakdene
BamBam
RiscaGame
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
Recwatcher16
Sgt_Pooly
44 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 20 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 24 Nov 2022, 5:41 am

First topic message reminder :

And.....off you go.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 20 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Wed 05 Jul 2023, 9:03 am

Can anyone confirm whats happened to Ethan Grayson the young 12 at Saints. Ive heard he was released. Does anyone know where hes gone...he looked a real potential so curious to hear that.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 20 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by BigGee Wed 05 Jul 2023, 12:03 pm

Kyle Rowe to Glasgow

Good signing for the Weegies!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Wed 05 Jul 2023, 12:34 pm

Really pleased for the guy.

LI's collapse hasn't been well timed for him, not having played for a year. Glad he's got enough credit in the bank to pick up a decent gig back home.

Margin_Walker

king_carlos, formerly known as Sam and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 05 Jul 2023, 7:10 pm

Not seen anything on Ethan Grayson, Geordie. It's a surprise he looked to have some real potential and it was a surprise he and the younger Sleightholme were cut adrift. I'd have thought Championship deals as a minimum would be coming their way.

Kyle Rowe will be a bit of a punt after such a long lay off but pre injury he was in really good form. I wouldn't be surprised if he had more than one offer of employment with clubs looking for a slight risk/high reward signing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 05 Jul 2023, 7:19 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Not seen anything on Ethan Grayson, Geordie. It's a surprise he looked to have some real potential and it was a surprise he and the younger Sleightholme were cut adrift. I'd have thought Championship deals as a minimum would be coming their way.

Kyle Rowe will be a bit of a punt after such a long lay off but pre injury he was in really good form. I wouldn't be surprised if he had more than one offer of employment with clubs looking for a slight risk/high reward signing.
Ethan is a good young player. He has to land somewhere. Frankie Sleights has a lot of upside but still very young.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 05 Jul 2023, 10:13 pm

Fischetti signs a contract for Zebre

Jack Maunder has signed for Melbourne Rebels

Billy Searle signed for Toulouse as RWC cover

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 05 Jul 2023, 10:28 pm

Wow. That's a hell of a coup for Billy Searle. No disrespect to the bloke but he's done pretty well to get that deal!

Darn on Fischetti. I was rather hoping he'd be the new LH Tigers are rumoured to have signed. I think he's a terrific player.

JJ has been confirmed to Biarritz. Which makes sense given he's out the England picture.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 06 Jul 2023, 6:59 am

Will Goodrick-Clark hasn't been announced anywhere yet, I think he could develop nicely in the Tigers environment.

If he and Watson were announced to today that would finish the squad off nicely.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Thu 06 Jul 2023, 8:31 am

Yep, assuming Loader is Stormers bound, WGC is the pick of the English players unsigned so far from LI. Prem ready, strong scrummager. Would fit into that Tigers squad well.

There was a rumour that Ealing had signed him, so we'll see. Him and Alo would be a fairly scary Championship front row.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 06 Jul 2023, 12:19 pm

Margin_Walker wrote:Yep, assuming Loader is Stormers bound, WGC is the pick of the English players unsigned so far from LI. Prem ready, strong scrummager. Would fit into that Tigers squad well.

There was a rumour that Ealing had signed him, so we'll see. Him and Alo would be a fairly scary Championship front row.
I had heard the rumour Ealing were sniffing around a few of the LI players. So this wouldn't be a surprise. A Premiership quality front row in the Championship....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Thu 06 Jul 2023, 12:31 pm

Yeah, Collins sounds like he's signed (albeit only a LI player in the loosest sense of the word!) and wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more. The are paying decent enough money and the players wouldn't need to relocate.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Thu 06 Jul 2023, 3:05 pm

Margin_Walker wrote:Yeah, Collins sounds like he's signed (albeit only a LI player in the loosest sense of the word!) and wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more. The are paying decent enough money and the players wouldn't need to relocate.

And as if by magic, they announce Matt Cornish as re-joining them.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 06 Jul 2023, 3:24 pm

Margin_Walker wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:Yeah, Collins sounds like he's signed (albeit only a LI player in the loosest sense of the word!) and wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more. The are paying decent enough money and the players wouldn't need to relocate.

He was in Ealing's academy? I thought one or two other LI players had signed with Ealing, but can't recall - and can't search and try to look it up at the moment.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Thu 06 Jul 2023, 3:31 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:

He was in Ealing's academy?  I thought one or two other LI players had signed with Ealing, but can't recall - and can't search and try to look it up at the moment.  

Yeah, he was. He also played for the LI Wild Geese whilst he was with them iirc.

It's certainly a move that makes sense for him.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 06 Jul 2023, 3:52 pm

Margin_Walker wrote:Yep, assuming Loader is Stormers bound, WGC is the pick of the English players unsigned so far from LI. Prem ready, strong scrummager. Would fit into that Tigers squad well.

They've signed two looseheads already this summer and one of them is Lewis Boyce from Bath so they shouldn't be to badly in need.

formerly known as Sam

Margin_Walker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Fri 07 Jul 2023, 9:28 am

AWJ to Toulon is a rumour I’m hearing this morning. If true, that’s a bit of a brutal move, physically, for a player of his age!

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 07 Jul 2023, 9:45 am

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:AWJ to Toulon is a rumour I’m hearing this morning. If true, that’s a bit of a brutal move, physically, for a player of his age!

Yeah that's not a move I'd fancy at his age, some big French packs over there!!

ETA: as a medical joker during the RWC.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Fri 07 Jul 2023, 12:37 pm

Oakdene wrote:
TAFKA The Oracle wrote:AWJ to Toulon is a rumour I’m hearing this morning. If true, that’s a bit of a brutal move, physically, for a player of his age!

Oh right, ok. So a short contract then probably? Must be making it worth his while!

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 07 Jul 2023, 12:45 pm

Super AWJ strikes again. All the best to him. He mostly receives complimentary well-wishes, when he receives the opposite it’s always from English. Funny that.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 07 Jul 2023, 1:46 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Super AWJ strikes again. All the best to him. He mostly receives complimentary well-wishes, when he receives the opposite it’s always from English. Funny that.

All the English fans st Twickenham for the recent Barbarians match gave him a standing ovation. He's very much appreciated. And that's what rugby's about.

Mr Bounce

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 07 Jul 2023, 2:55 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:
Oakdene wrote:

Oh right, ok. So a short contract then probably? Must be making it worth his while!
I am sure they are.  He has earned it.

I wonder how many matches that applies to. There are three Top 14 weekends before the RWC, then the league suspends the season to avoid conflict with the RWC, and picks up again the same weekend as the RWC final (October 28).  Perhaps the three games before the RWC and maybe three after when the internationals are resting up?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 07 Jul 2023, 5:06 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Super AWJ strikes again. All the best to him. He mostly receives complimentary well-wishes, when he receives the opposite it’s always from English. Funny that.

All the English fans st Twickenham for the recent Barbarians match gave him a standing ovation. He's very much appreciated. And that's what rugby's about.

Glad to hear it. I haven’t visited twickenham yet, but when I do I expect a standing ovation. Not asking for much.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 07 Jul 2023, 6:59 pm

I'd give you a standing ovation Mikey - can't speak for all those others Laugh

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 07 Jul 2023, 8:31 pm

I'd sooner give mikey one than awj *cough*

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 09 Jul 2023, 3:58 pm

Highlanders also on the list of clubs wanting Rhys Patchell. I think Dragons are out of the race, as we are supposedly close to signing Cai Evans. Super Rugby would be a good place for Patchell, he should fit in and hopefully he will grow.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 09 Jul 2023, 4:08 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:I'd give you a standing ovation Mikey - can't speak for all those others Laugh
I would be happy to trade a standing ovation for a nice soulful rendition of GSTK.....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 09 Jul 2023, 11:37 pm

Cai Evans to Dragons now, apparently. I thought Cardiff were nailed on for him. I do think it’s a bit of depth, but we need a stronger ten to threaten a start. Plus the obvious front five players.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 10 Jul 2023, 6:55 am

RiscaGame wrote:Cai Evans to Dragons now, apparently. I thought Cardiff were nailed on for him. I do think it’s a bit of depth, but we need a stronger ten to threaten a start. Plus the obvious front five players.

He hasn't played much for a 24 year old, has he had injuries?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 10 Jul 2023, 2:02 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Cai Evans to Dragons now, apparently. I thought Cardiff were nailed on for him. I do think it’s a bit of depth, but we need a stronger ten to threaten a start. Plus the obvious front five players.

He hasn't played much for a 24 year old, has he had injuries?

No, he just couldn't cut the mustard so he went back down to a lower level. From that perspective, and as it's now been confirmed, it isn't a great signing. He featured last season a bit and looked better, I hope that form continues.

mikey_dragon

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 12 Jul 2023, 11:14 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Highlanders also on the list of clubs wanting Rhys Patchell. I think Dragons are out of the race, as we are supposedly close to signing Cai Evans. Super Rugby would be a good place for Patchell, he should fit in and hopefully he will grow.

Both guys confirmed now... Patchell signs with Highlanders for just one year.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Jul 2023, 1:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Highlanders also on the list of clubs wanting Rhys Patchell. I think Dragons are out of the race, as we are supposedly close to signing Cai Evans. Super Rugby would be a good place for Patchell, he should fit in and hopefully he will grow.

Freddie Burns replacement.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 14 Jul 2023, 9:48 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Freddie Burns replacement.
Anyone know where Freddie is off to?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 14 Jul 2023, 10:52 am

Freddie confirmed on a podcast he's going back to Japan. I don't believe it's been formally announced where yet.

The Highlanders stop was to tick off a dream of playing in NZ in-between. From rumours I heard at Leicester he'd already signed the Japan deal when he left Tigers early. With Tigers picking up Charlie Atkinson after Wasps folded it worked well for all parties.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 14 Jul 2023, 11:09 am

Cheers Carlos,
Anyone know how he got on in NZ - out of curiosity.
I remember Haskell going to the Highlanders at the tail end of his career - having a good time but not sure if he played much!
Same for Marchant (although that was covid time) dont recalling him getting much game time.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 14 Jul 2023, 1:07 pm

By all accounts Burns ended the season well. Took a little time to work his way into the starting 10 shirt and then hurt is arm (break/fracture), when he was fit he was back in. Highlanders looking far from a vintage team and with Aaron Smith leaving I doubt they'll see much improvement next season.

formerly known as Sam

propdavid_london likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 15 Jul 2023, 1:31 pm

Ospreys have signed ex-Scarlets and Jersey Reds scrum-half Luke Davies. They need depth at 9 but given how Webb was leading and running the show, there's an opportunity to bring in a big name here (if they can afford it). Someone needs to ensure the U20s Hughes and Williams are tied to Regions too, we need to see more players with potential and less Lewis Jones-types.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 18 Jul 2023, 12:27 pm

Glasgow pick up the other Scottish winger at LI last season, Logan Trotter.

He was previously in their acacemy, so should be a good fit.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 19 Jul 2023, 1:41 pm

Marcus Smith extends his contract with Quins, despite a persistent rumour he was off to France
Poorfour
Poorfour

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 19 Jul 2023, 2:52 pm

Poorfour wrote:Marcus Smith extends his contract with Quins, despite a persistent rumour he was off to France

Racing were linked every few weeks but other than he'd fit their attacking style it always seemed unlikely. Post world cup he should be getting more caps as England build over the next four years and Quins have really built around him.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 19 Jul 2023, 5:07 pm

And Quins will have a like-for-like in Jarrod Evans who will be available during the 6N, etc. Jarrod was deserving of more caps but it’s not too late for him, I expect he will establish himself well in the premiership. The current U20 centre (Bradley) could be stepping up to pro level in a season or two too.

We’ll also likely be calling upon Joe Jenkins and Josh Hathaway in the near future. Good old Quins, Glaws and Exeter.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 19 Jul 2023, 6:01 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:And Quins will have a like-for-like in Jarrod Evans who will be available during the 6N, etc. Jarrod was deserving of more caps but it’s not too late for him, I expect he will establish himself well in the premiership. The current U20 centre (Bradley) could be stepping up to pro level in a season or two too.

We’ll also likely be calling upon Joe Jenkins and Josh Hathaway in the near future. Good old Quins, Glaws and Exeter.

Evans will get good opportunities whilst Smith is on international duty for the world cup but with the lack of Prem games clashing with the 6N he's likely to be playing a lot less than previously. The season after next that might well change back though and he might get a better spread of game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 30 Jul 2023, 11:08 am

Dom Morris to Ospreys on a season long loan. Not first choice at Sarries obviously but seems to be highly rated. Ospreys have had two centres move on along with utility Hawkins and Kieran Williams could become a regular for Wales, seems like a good signing. Hopefully in the near future we can bring back the U20 centres. I expect Hennessy and Bradley to be getting game time for Bath and Quins this season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 30 Jul 2023, 1:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Dom Morris to Ospreys on a season long loan. Not first choice at Sarries obviously but seems to be highly rated. Ospreys have had two centres move on along with utility Hawkins and Kieran Williams could become a regular for Wales, seems like a good signing. Hopefully in the near future we can bring back the U20 centres. I expect Hennessy and Bradley to be getting game time for Bath and Quins this season.

Dom Morris is a decent player. Mobile and physical. There's some rumours that the IRFU are interested in recruiting him for one of the provinces as he's IQ.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 30 Jul 2023, 2:21 pm

I bet he’s WQ too…

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 30 Jul 2023, 3:33 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I bet he’s WQ too…

No idea. He's IQ through his grandmother though he's also also born in England and played age grade for England which is normally how the WRU look to find players for the national side.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 30 Jul 2023, 4:01 pm

No idea. He's IQ through his grandmother though he's also also born in England and played age grade for England which is normally how the WRU look to find players for the national side.

Exactly. It’s also about time we found Itoje’s Welsh granny, we’ve been searching for years now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 30 Jul 2023, 5:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Exactly. It’s also about time we found Itoje’s Welsh granny, we’ve been searching for years now.

You might have a wait before the three year rule makes him available to switch nation as well as he isn't about to stop being selected anytime soon.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 04 Aug 2023, 11:57 am

Falcons have signed Hooker Michael Van Vuuren on a one year deal from Emirates Lions.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 04 Aug 2023, 12:08 pm

Geordie wrote:Falcons have signed Hooker Michael Van Vuuren on a one year deal from Emirates Lions.

He's had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 04 Aug 2023, 12:15 pm

We have more hookers than a brothel...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next