The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jan 2023, 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alfie wrote:nomenclature

Lovely stuff, alfie. Not a word we see often on here.

Reminds of the time Jeff used 'oeuvre' when describing some j*zz singer.

Although he was being deliberately pompous whereas I suspect yours is accidental pomposity.

F*ck off, Tino, can you not see that I'm already grooming alfie?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Feb 2023, 7:17 pm

Galted wrote:Not me.

I knew that, but didn't want to say it because of your sensitive nature.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 03 Feb 2023, 8:04 pm

You giving a toss about my sensitive nature is a first.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Feb 2023, 8:06 pm

Galted wrote:You giving a toss about my sensitive nature is a first.

After I'd typed 'is a', my phone prompted me with 'c*nting'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 03 Feb 2023, 9:57 pm

If I had typed "it.s a" by mistake my phone would have prompted me to an italian website offering a timeshare.

And with that, I wish everyone a great weekend.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 05 Feb 2023, 8:33 am

It's bloody hot out here, Joey.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 05 Feb 2023, 8:09 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It's bloody hot out here, Joey.

Where are you, Dolph... how are you going?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 06 Feb 2023, 7:00 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Three weeks shy of three years later, I am back in Wollongong! Just about surviving, only minor burns from my incursions, so far. How's it all going up there?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 7:35 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Three weeks shy of three years later, I am back in Wollongong! Just about surviving, only minor burns from my incursions, so far. How's it all going up there?

I'm good thanks.

Wow... so three whole years nearly. Does the missus still remember you?

Yes, it has been hot lately. Must be a shock for you coming from cooler climes. A similar thing happens going the other way from hot weather to cold.
I remember my face 'burning' when walking down Bond St... my skin couldn't handle the sudden change. It also felt like my head was in a vice... or shrinking at least.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 06 Feb 2023, 7:51 am

You should carry a small spray bottle of lavender-scented water with you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 06 Feb 2023, 8:09 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I'm good thanks.

Yes, it has been hot lately. Must be a shock for you coming from cooler climes. A similar thing happens going the other way from hot weather to cold.
I remember my face 'burning' when walking down Bond St... my skin couldn't handle the sudden change. It also felt like my head was in a vice... or shrinking at least.

Not sure she quite remembered how annoying I am to live with, but she's learning!

It has very much gone from frost to too f'ing hot. Not sure it is quite so hot as to justify...
Galted wrote:a small spray bottle of lavender-scented water
...though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 8:27 am

Also Flipper, a new government since you were last here.

I can feel a sort of softening on the social and cultural front but they've probably been less concerned with the hard macro-economic affects of the new policies they're trying to quickly push through Parliament. The Labor Party here have a habit of introducing radical change based on curly ideologies and that's when the in-fighting starts and they have a tendency to rip themselves apart in relatively quick time. It could come back to haunt when the pressure of cost of living starts to bite and people start getting their electricity cut off or get their homes repossessed.

So while it makes for a pleasant change from the last lot; in a way, there could be a risk of changing too much too soon when focusing on The Voice or Treaty and continuing to shut down coal mines and slowing the development of new gas fields. Instead we could get a 'forest' of wind turbines off the coast from Newcastle to the Gong (which Morrison rejected) and I'm not sure that is the way to go. I'd rather have small modular nuclear power generators (the Rolls Royce ones look nice) spread out across the joint as needed, to be honest. We'd only need about 25-30 of them... a few billion each v hundreds of billions for more wind turbines and solar panels which both have a limited life span and are (ironically) non-recyclable.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 06 Feb 2023, 9:17 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I'm good thanks.

Not sure she quite remembered how annoying I am to live with, but she's learning!

It has very much gone from frost to too f'ing hot. Not sure it is quite so hot as to justify...
Galted wrote:a small spray bottle of lavender-scented water
...though.

This inventive use of the quote function has made the wait worthwhile.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 06 Feb 2023, 10:25 am

Pal Joey wrote:Also Flipper, a new government since you were last here.

I can feel a sort of softening on the social and cultural front but they've probably been less concerned with the hard macro-economic affects of the new policies they're trying to quickly push through Parliament. The Labor Party here have a habit of introducing radical change based on curly ideologies and that's when the in-fighting starts and they have a tendency to rip themselves apart in relatively quick time. It could come back to haunt when the pressure of cost of living starts to bite and people start getting their electricity cut off or get their homes repossessed.

So while it makes for a pleasant change from the last lot; in a way, there could be a risk of changing too much too soon when focusing on The Voice or Treaty and continuing to shut down coal mines and slowing the development of new gas fields. Instead we could get a 'forest' of wind turbines off the coast from Newcastle to the Gong (which Morrison rejected) and I'm not sure that is the way to go. I'd rather have small modular nuclear power generators (the Rolls Royce ones look nice) spread out across the joint as needed, to be honest. We'd only need about 25-30 of them... a few billion each v hundreds of billions for more wind turbines and solar panels which both have a limited life span and are (ironically) non-recyclable.

Glad to hear it....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Feb 2023, 10:27 am

Pal Joey wrote:....wind turbines and solar panels which both have a limited life span and are (ironically) non-recyclable.

Modern wind turbines are about 90% recyclable. With solar panels it's slightly more.
It's alt-right misinformation like yours PJ that got Donald Trump elected and will doom this planet.

Yours in woke,
Jules.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 06 Feb 2023, 10:51 am

This could get ugly, I'm heading over to Mumsnet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:01 am

Galted wrote:This could get ugly, I'm heading over to Mumsnet.

Wouldn't bother, Galted.

I've been hiding there to avoid Superfly but some mean old cow has just told me that I've been cooking my scrambled eggs wrong for years.

It's a f*cking war zone over there, pal. Better to just stay here and hope that Supes died over the weekend.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:15 am

Wouldn't bother, Galted.

I've been hiding there to avoid Superfly but some mean old cow has just told me that I've been cooking my scrambled eggs wrong for years.

It's a f*cking war zone over there, pal. Better to just stay here and hope that Supes died over the weekend.

See what you mean.  Just sent a dickpic to some of the ladies and got pictures of their dicks back.  Bigger than mine as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:27 am

Galted wrote:

Wouldn't bother, Galted.

See what you mean. Just sent a dickpic to some of the ladies and got pictures of their dicks back. Bigger than mine as well.

I tried to shut down the mean old cow mentioned above with a dickpic but she just asked if it was a picture of my scrambled egg. B*tch.

They all rounded on me then. Lots of l*l's and lmfao's. Bunch of f*cking savages.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:36 am

Galted wrote:

Wouldn't bother, Galted.

See what you mean.  Just sent a dickpic to some of the ladies and got pictures of their dicks back.  Bigger than mine as well.

I tried to shut down the mean old cow mentioned above with a dickpic but she just asked if it was a picture of my scrambled egg. B*tch.

They all rounded on me then. Lots of l*l's and lmfao's. Bunch of f*cking savages.

F*ck 'em. We don't need them now that we've got Flipper back. Hopefully Julius and PJ can resolve their, frankly unpleasant, differences and we can all get back to whatever it is we do on here.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:36 am

Just had a chair delivered and the c**ts delivered it to the door on a pallet and left it there, could've taken it to the lift, Mrs Dagless is knackered.

Morning, gents.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:40 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Just had a chair delivered and the c**ts delivered it to the door on a pallet and left it there, could've taken it to the lift, Mrs Dagless is knackered.

Morning, gents.

That did elicit a l*l loud.

My cousin went into hospital to give birth earlier today and I suggested on our family Whatsapp group that it might be a bit stressful for her husband and that she should pack the car for him.  No response at all which has left me feeling victimised.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:43 am

Galted wrote:

F*ck 'em. We don't need them now that we've got Flipper back. Hopefully Julius and PJ can resolve their, frankly unpleasant, differences and we can all get back to whatever it is we do on here.

Who knew that Pee Jay was such a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. He could actually be Super_Insecure. Have we ever seen them both in the same room?

Flipper is a welcome return. We need a level headed antipodean now that Pee Jay has gone full Incel.

And morning rICk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:09 pm

I'm not dead.

Did your old man give you any abuse after the rugby, Tina?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:....wind turbines and solar panels which both have a limited life span and are (ironically) non-recyclable.

Modern wind turbines are about 90% recyclable. With solar panels it's slightly more.
It's alt-right misinformation like yours PJ that got Donald Trump elected and will doom this planet.  

Yours in woke,
Jules.

l*l

So the modern wind turbines they've cut down in Germany and left lying in fields is an exception to the rule or just some clever photoshopping?

Perhaps you don't realise that it's just not commercially viable to disassemble those beautiful monster pieces of equipment and salvage any components for re-use. Well, at least nobody has taken up that task as of yet. It's still 90% cheaper just to build new ones and mine more coking coal, copper and aluminium... or use more resins (plant based) and plastics (synthetic petrochemicals) for a 20-25 year life cycle - if we're lucky.

That's not alt right misinformation... and I can't stand Donald Trump.

And I'm optimistic about the planet as opposed to your tendency towards doom and gloom.

Sorry to burst your balloon,
PJ

p.s. F*ckers - the lot of you. Except for Galted, Tino, Jules, Flipper, Super, rIcK, alfie, guildford, Shah, sean and the bloke that used to run this site.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:14 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm not dead.

He did but he's got a bit more sophisticated in his abuse now. Rather than just laughing or sending messages about how sh*t England are, he decided to play it down a little and remind me that Scotland always beat England so he wasn't all that surprised.

It irritated me more, if the truth be told.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yours in woke,
Jules.

l*l

So the modern wind turbines they've cut down in Germany and left lying in fields is an exception to the rule or just some clever photoshopping?

Perhaps you don't realise that it's just not commercially viable to disassemble those beautiful monster pieces of equipment and salvage any components for re-use. Well, at least nobody has taken up that task as of yet. It's still 90% cheaper just to build new ones and mine more coking coal, copper and aluminium... or use more resins (plant based) and plastics (synthetic petrochemicals) for a 20-25 year life cycle - if we're lucky.

And I'm optimistic about the planet as opposed to your tendency towards doom and gloom.

PJ

If I can't be bothered to put my empty Pepsi bottles in the recycling, that doesn't make them non-recyclable.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:18 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm not dead.  

He did but he's got a bit more sophisticated in his abuse now. Rather than just laughing or sending messages about how sh*t England are, he decided to play it down a little and remind me that Scotland always beat England so he wasn't all that surprised.

It irritated me more, if the truth be told.

I genuinely thought Scotland were going to get humped on Saturday, but I really should have known better. Still, we'll play like sh1t against Wales and will finish 5th.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yours in woke,
Jules.

l*l

PJ

If I can't be bothered to put my empty Pepsi bottles in the recycling, that doesn't make them non-recyclable.

You lazy sodomist. Who drinks Pepsi anyway? Sugar is the biggest killer after Misinformation.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:26 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yours in woke,
Jules.

l*l

PJ

You lazy sodomist. Who drinks Pepsi anyway? Sugar is the biggest killer after Misinformation.

Pepsi Max to be specific, although sugar is the way I want to go out. Have you never eaten a sugar pig? Philistine.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 12:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yours in woke,
Jules.

l*l

PJ

Pepsi Max to be specific, although sugar is the way I want to go out. Have you never eaten a sugar pig? Philistine.

That's even worse. I bet you use Amazon too. Globalist pig.

Super, they should account for Wales. I don't think Gatland can turn things around after Ireland ran riot. Wales looked shot throughout the match.
Scotland looked expansive and creative from what I saw. They just need to keep the discipline in defence and turn Wales inside out like a sock. I think they can do that.

Is Italy at home or away? They gave France a bit of a scare and seem to be gaining gaining confidence in their ability.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 06 Feb 2023, 1:01 pm

We should beat Wales but our recent record is terrible against them. Wales look old and off the pace and had Ireland stayed focussed they could have stuck 50 to 60 on them, but Scotland seem to be incapable of putting two results together.

Italy is at home and we should win it, but it could be tough. Wales have to go to Rome and won't be fancying that at all.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 10:20 pm

An apology is in order I feel...

After my abusive comments about the resident indian mynah which seems to be stalking me, I regret to inform everyone that it appears that it is not much longer for this world. So I must apologise for saying bad things about its annoying behaviour.

As Dolph mentioned yesterday it has been quite hot and balmy here. Late yesterday, I just happened to be standing at the back door when 'Germaine Greer' flew confidently across the back yard from the neighbour's fence at a decent rate of knots.

But instead of sticking its legs forward and bringing the wings back to reduce the drag for landing - it basically crashed (head first) into the Zen Lawn.

It was a high impact, messy and very awkward landing. It sort of crumbled into a heap and somersaulted a few times forward and sideways. I had a good look at its face immediately afterwards... it seemed both shocked and embarrassed; not to mention quite stunned.

On closer inspection I could see that it was very old. Unmistakable early signs of avian dementia I'd say. If it wasn't so funny to witness I'd say it was quite a sad and pathetic sight to see. If only I'd have recorded it on the phone you could all have a laugh. But I actually feet a little sorry for it now.
If it were human, no doubt it would have to hand back its flying licence.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:20 pm

I've never really understood why there isn't just solar power everywhere here. It's pretty sunny, all the time.

But I don't know much about the environment, I've recently started drinking the normal, blue Pepsi. Pepsi Classic, I imagine it's called in marketing meetings.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:36 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I've never really understood why there isn't just solar power everywhere here. It's pretty sunny, all the time.

But I don't know much about the environment, I've recently started drinking the normal, blue Pepsi. Pepsi Classic, I imagine it's called in marketing meetings.

The uptake for solar is accelerating here but I agree there should be more - especially on land not suitable for agriculture.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/solar-power-by-country

Some mega solar farm projects are planned or already under construction.

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/solar/solar-farms-australia/

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:13 am

As fond of you both as I am, can you just f*ck off to the g*lf thread if you're going to talk about the environment. They have a whole bunch of experts over there.

This thread is for casual racism, Galted's cat stories and Superflys anecdotes about shagging midgets.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:17 am

Dwarves!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:21 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:As fond of you both as I am, can you just f*ck off to the g*lf thread if you're going to talk about the environment. They have a whole bunch of experts over there.

This thread is for casual racism, Galted's cat stories and Superflys anecdotes about shagging midgets.

Grumpy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:24 am

superflyweight wrote:Dwarves!  

So, what's an elf?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:34 am

My kid had an elf figurine which he took everywhere with him until he left it behind on our visit to SA.
Galtova chanced upon the same toy in Hamley's over Xmas, albeit a more diverse/inclusive version. Jr was happy enough to have it but he blatantly doesn't love it as much as the old one. Getting a bit worried now that he founds out his mother is Jewish.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:37 am

Enjoyed the mynah story PJ, though due to the cracks on my phone screen I ended the first paragraph thinking you were talking about Julius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:39 am

Galted wrote: founds

Morning Gollum.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:45 am

Oy vey.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:55 am

Morning Gollum.

Morning, Precious.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Oy vey.

No comeback to that, I'm caught like a rabbi in the headlights.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 Feb 2023, 10:22 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Oy vey.

Jew must be gutted.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 10:36 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Oy vey.

Jew must be gutted.  

Jew be correct.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Feb 2023, 10:42 am

Galted wrote:Enjoyed the mynah story PJ, though due to the cracks on my phone screen I ended the first paragraph thinking you were talking about Julius.

Thanks Galted.

No, you read it right. First mend the bird and then mend the otter.

I'll apologise to him later so as not to hurt his feelings.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 11:50 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:Enjoyed the mynah story PJ, though due to the cracks on my phone screen I ended the first paragraph thinking you were talking about Julius.

Thanks Galted.

You best do that, he's not someone you want to cross. He can be brutal with his mod superpowers.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Feb 2023, 11:56 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Thanks Galted.

You best do that, he's not someone you want to cross.  He can be brutal with his mod superpowers.

Me brutal? He literally wants to nuke the entire planet!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Feb 2023, 12:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Thanks Galted.

You best do that, he's not someone you want to cross.  He can be brutal with his mod superpowers.

Me brutal? He literally wants to nuke the entire planet!

That's a bit unpleasant of him but it's nothing like changing my name to 'knobhead' or banning me for posting about video games.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next