The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jan 2023, 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
alfie wrote:nomenclature

Lovely stuff, alfie. Not a word we see often on here.

Reminds of the time Jeff used 'oeuvre' when describing some j*zz singer.

Although he was being deliberately pompous whereas I suspect yours is accidental pomposity.

F*ck off, Tino, can you not see that I'm already grooming alfie?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 28 Jan 2023, 11:22 am

PJ, how much is a small capsule of radioactive material going for on the black market these days?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Sat 28 Jan 2023, 11:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:PJ, how much is a small capsule of radioactive material going for on the black market these days?

Good question, Jules. It's going to be interesting to see if anyone finds it. Or maybe someone has simply taken it and hidden it somewhere?

I wonder who'd want to buy it and display the container on their bedside table next to some family photographs?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jan 2023, 2:07 pm

Turns out Galted, PJ, Tino, rIck, super and LiW were all Annie Wersching.

FRiPst.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jan 2023, 3:11 pm

I'm the same age as her but I'm still alive so can't actually be her.

Besides, I'd have no time to post on here if I was. I'd never have left my bedroom.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Jan 2023, 3:24 pm

I'm younger than her. And Tina.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jan 2023, 3:28 pm

Fairly certain you're 45 this year?

LSW.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Jan 2023, 3:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Fairly certain you're 45 this year?

LSW.

I am - but not yet.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 31 Jan 2023, 8:33 am

Fist.

Hopefully none of you were Cindy Williams.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 31 Jan 2023, 10:08 am

It always amazes me how popular rugby, football and cricket are amongst terminally ill American actresses

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 31 Jan 2023, 10:41 am

Sad sicond tird. I quite liked her.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 31 Jan 2023, 11:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sad sicond tird. I quite liked her.

Me too.

If only Laverne hadn't been such a bad influence... breaking the rules to make their dreams come true. For me and you...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 31 Jan 2023, 12:03 pm

At least they did it their way.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 31 Jan 2023, 12:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:At least they did it their way.

That was the nod to Sinatra apparently. I didn't pick that up at the time.
I thought it was just 2 gals having some harmless fun. In their own way... not Frank's.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 31 Jan 2023, 2:32 pm

'sup notches.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 31 Jan 2023, 11:04 pm

Does anyone know what time it's acceptable to start drinking on the 1st of Feb?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 31 Jan 2023, 11:15 pm

Have you not heard of Februadry?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 01 Feb 2023, 12:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Have you not heard of Februadry?

Followed by Parch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Feb 2023, 7:13 am

Fist.

Tiny radioactive capsule found, Jules.

It had slipped down into that space between the front seat and the central console. Apparently they also found some loose coins down there when they completely removed the seat. Also some old green-looking french fries... and a few fast food receipts.

I'm relieved yet somewhat Parched. May have an Aperol spritz on the rocks to celebrate the find.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 01 Feb 2023, 7:57 am

Galted wrote:Does anyone know what time it's acceptable to start drinking on the 1st of Feb?

12.01 I would have thought ?

Congratulations on your Dry January  - if you did manage it.  I have this morning completed "Dry Tuesday" for the third week in four which isn't a bad run... ("Dry Thursday" turned out a bit less successful as a project and was swiftly abandoned)

Not sure whether I am authorized to effect a  "sicond" as I am unsure whether my membership is still awaiting approval ? And being a reply to a "quote" , does it count ? All these rules...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Feb 2023, 8:29 am

Also, I've just done some maths for a change. Galted's post was made at 11:21am our time, alfie.

Is that not early hours (00:21am) on the 2nd in Greenwich, thereby making my earlier post "sicond" and yours a (provisional) "tird"?

Pretty sure Tino's given you the full membership status along with guildford.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 01 Feb 2023, 8:42 am

Ah , thank you for that clarification , PJ. Almost as big a relief as the caesium-137 ten cent piece being captured before it caused any more whale strandings...

(I was thinking of offering my services in the search as I am rather good at locating the keys/cards/glasses that my good wife regularly mislays : how hard could it be to spot a 6mm object in 1400 miles of road? I would probably have charged the WA Government less than they spent on the job)

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Feb 2023, 9:09 am

alfie wrote:Ah , thank you for that clarification , PJ. Almost as big a relief as the caesium-137 ten cent piece being captured before it caused any more whale strandings...

(I was thinking of offering my services in the search as I am rather good at locating the keys/cards/glasses that my good wife regularly mislays : how hard could it be to spot a 6mm object in 1400 miles of road? I would probably have charged the WA Government less than they spent on the job)

ha.. I could imagine them parachuting you into Meekatharra with only your trusty pair of running shoes, a caesium-137 detector app on your phone and a holograph of Cliff Young running a few steps in front wearing a green plastic bag over his body for protection.

No doubt, you'd have easily spotted it on the outskirts of Newman exactly where somebody left it.

I was reading our posts in guildford's "9 out of 10" thread last night. Many great stories. I had a darn good laugh reading some of yours! Laugh

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 01 Feb 2023, 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 01 Feb 2023, 9:09 am

You've been groomed by Morning Tea Society members, which certifies your own membership, alfie.

I suspect the radioactive capsule wasn't 'found', but that it was returned by whoever nicked it in the hope of getting rid of a resident population of hornets/spiders/snakes/mynahs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Feb 2023, 9:34 am

Galted wrote:You've been groomed by Morning Tea Society members, which certifies your own membership, alfie.

I suspect the radioactive capsule wasn't 'found', but that it was returned by whoever nicked it in the hope of getting rid of a resident population of hornets/spiders/snakes/mynahs.

I'm actually being stalked by a mynah at present. Well, not right now... it's nearly dark. But I bet it's thinking of a better way to annoy me right now.

This particular one has developed an annoying habit of tapping on my window (the same spot every time) as if there's something there worth pecking. So I cleaned all the windows both sides paying close attention to that particular spot. No tiny spiders or anything now. But it's still coming back to it and tapping away. It must be angry at its own reflection? Or possibly there's some glass imperfection invisible to the human eye which attracts it to that spot. Or maybe the UV coating on the glazing is damaged on the inside and giving off some kind of visual (kaleidoscopic) effect which only birds can see?

Then it leaves its calling card. Could be olive green and white... sometimes a bit of purple and black in there on other days. It's disgusting!
So I have to douse the area in a mixture of ammonia, vinegar and bleach then flush it down the slot drain - which is right there. If I leave it too long on a hot day (more than 3-4 hours) the muck gets baked onto the paving surface and I have to use the scraper.

Not the barbeque one, Supes... the old rusty one.

I then have to use several mop buckets of clean pool water to make sure it all goes down the drainage system properly. It's so bloody annoying having to do this cleaning 'ritual' every 2nd day or so. It's driving me mad.

Then I was coming up the driveway before and waiting for the gate to finish opening and I see the baastard on the wall about 3 feet away from my face... giving me the evil stare. Tell you what - it's such an ugly thing. I'm hoping it's very old. A face like a 100-year old Anthony Hopkins or perhaps an even more warped version of Germaine Greer... nasty, cruel, vindictive, argumentative and sinister. I tried to outstare it but it didn't even flinch or fly away; knowing I wasn't likely to get out of the car at that point. Did I mention it is much smarter than I am?

It'll probably commit suicide on a hot day by drowning itself in the pool as a last "F*ck You!" to me... "now fish me out and chuck me in the green organic bin with all the other dead things you collect every day"

They're just showing a giant wasps nest in Melbourne. Indoors in some unoccupied house. Massive! Like a gigantic tuba in size.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 01 Feb 2023, 11:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:You've been groomed by Morning Tea Society members, which certifies your own membership, alfie.

I'm actually being stalked by a mynah at present. Well, not right now... it's nearly dark. But I bet it's thinking of a better way to annoy me right now.

This particular one has developed an annoying habit of tapping on my window (the same spot every time) as if there's something there worth pecking. So I cleaned all the windows both sides paying close attention to that particular spot. No tiny spiders or anything now. But it's still coming back to it and tapping away. It must be angry at its own reflection? Or possibly there's some glass imperfection invisible to the human eye which attracts it to that spot. Or maybe the UV coating on the glazing is damaged on the inside and giving off some kind of visual (kaleidoscopic) effect which only birds can see?

Then it leaves its calling card. Could be olive green and white... sometimes a bit of purple and black in there on other days. It's disgusting!
So I have to douse the area in a mixture of ammonia, vinegar and bleach then flush it down the slot drain - which is right there. If I leave it too long on a hot day (more than 3-4 hours) the muck gets baked onto the paving surface and I have to use the scraper.

I then have to use several mop buckets of clean pool water to make sure it all goes down the drainage system properly. It's so bloody annoying having to do this cleaning 'ritual' every 2nd day or so. It's driving me mad.

Then I was coming up the driveway before and waiting for the gate to finish opening and I see the baastard on the wall about 3 feet away from my face... giving me the evil stare. Tell you what - it's such an ugly thing. I'm hoping it's very old. A face like a 100-year old Anthony Hopkins or perhaps an even more warped version of Germaine Greer... nasty, cruel, vindictive, argumentative and sinister. I tried to outstare it but it didn't even flinch or fly away; knowing I wasn't likely to get out of the car at that point. Did I mention it is much smarter than I am?

It'll probably commit suicide on a hot day by drowning itself in the pool as a last "F*ck You!" to me... "now fish me out and chuck me in the green organic bin with all the other dead things you collect every day"

They're just showing a giant wasps nest in Melbourne. Indoors in some unoccupied house. Massive! Like a gigantic tuba in size.

L*l out loud. The BBC should get rid of that lisping c*nt and get PJ to do Springwatch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 01 Feb 2023, 11:30 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

L*l out loud. The BBC should get rid of that lisping c*nt and get PJ to do Springwatch.

PJ's post wont be beat this year.  Something for all the normal posters and a bonus wasp reference for Tina.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Feb 2023, 2:09 am

Must confess I had never previously thought of the Mynah as the Apex Predator of South-Eastern Australia but that tale has opened my eyes ! Will be watching the local ones much more carefully from now on in case any of them develop the superior skills of your one , PJ.

And will encourage my cat to redouble his efforts to sort out the nearby population (he is unfortunately more of a possum specialist , but not averse to delivering the odd feathered
carcase to the kitchen floor).

Failing that will see if any caesium-137 is available on e-bay.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 02 Feb 2023, 4:53 am

No sign of it yet today, alfie. It's hot here... the car thermometer says 38 degrees. It's probably on a tree next door watching me from the shade.

I think this one is part of some ancient clan of mynahs that have inhabited the area for a while. There used to be at least half a dozen of them. One of the older ones (probably the stalker's partner) was found dead in the pool last year. I think that was suicide or maybe it just fainted at its reflection when it went for a sip. I have to keep topping up the pool with water (every 4-5 days or so) and I guess when it's low they might struggle to reach the water. Perhaps that one just lost its footing, fell in, panicked then drowned. I'd also found another similar floating mynah corpse the year before. Hopefully others have died elsewhere and now there are only 2 or 3 left?

There are a couple of cats I see prowling around here at night but unless it was an early morning job from a cat, I can see no plausible explanation for my grisly finding. There was no blood or feathers nearby and why would a cat toss its victim in the pool? That would be even more of a mystery to solve. As you say, they usually leave the carcass in an obvious place where you can't miss it - like on the doorstep, in the middle of a room or under the dining room table... so you don't have far to put it on your plates. Cats are really quite considerate animals.

Did you see the huge wasps' nest they found in Melbourne? It was almost too scary to look at. They were the European variety of wasp with the telltale fine 'white clay' construction from a corner of a room downwards and outwards. It was an insect version of Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona. Cascading natural forms like miniature (upside down) spires... even dozens of little windows for easy entry and a swift exit no doubt. They had it made until now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Feb 2023, 7:58 am

Just watched the Giant Wasp Nest video : yeah that is big. Relieved to hear the house had been unoccupied for years - I take it this was not because the occupants had been eaten for building materials ?
Have to agree the architecture was impressive : seemed almost a pity to demolish it. But I guess it isn't the sort of construction you can just detach from the wall and re-install in a museum...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Feb 2023, 9:27 am

Tird (but a non-antipodean fist).

Who the hell imported European wasps into Australia and how and why did they do it?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 02 Feb 2023, 11:03 am

superflyweight wrote:Tird (but a non-antipodean fist).  

Who the hell imported European wasps into Australia and how and why did they do it?  

If they were not there originally it would probably have been in raw materials sent out there.

Which reminds me. I seem to remember a story that earthworms are not native to the USA, but were brought over in soil samples.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Feb 2023, 11:26 am

Indeed. Maybe they thought there wasn't enough wildlife that can hurt you in Australia?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 02 Feb 2023, 11:48 am

Reminds me of the story of Tibbles the cat killing off an entire bird species on some island as they had no natural predators and thus no defence.  I reckon my cat could kill off an entire population of humans.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Feb 2023, 11:51 am

Galted wrote:Reminds me of the story of Tibbles the cat killing off an entire bird species on some island as they had no natural predators and thus no defence.  I reckon my cat could kill off an entire population of humans.

I reckon your cat is a p*ssy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm

Cat

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just checking what pussy gets changed to.)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:45 pm

Octopussy

Last edited by superflyweight on Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just checking to see if Octopussy gets changed.)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:49 pm

Indeed. Maybe they thought there wasn't enough wildlife that can hurt you in Australia?

Just chased a huntsman outside using the end of a broom handle. I saw something move near the top of the AC unit. It was pretty hot today so I still had the cool air on at 11:30pm. I think it likes the cool air too. So I switched it off then gently coaxed it off the top of the unit and around the corner to the side door... whilst opening the door with outstretched arm. Thought for a moment it might drop on me but luckily it didn't.

It tried to side-step the broom handle a bit but then it abseiled down to the floor and dashed out the door opening in a very sprightly fashion. Had a quick look outside but it was nowhere to be seen. Probably camouflaged itself on the outside wall just around from the door.

I gave the door threshold and surrounds a good spray on the inside... I don't want to kill it. Just deter it from coming inside again. It'll probably fall victim to the spider-killing wasp I saw outside near the barbeque the other day. I'd give it 2-3 days at best to evade the wasp.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:54 pm

Pal Joey wrote:It'll probably fall victim to the spider-killing wasp I saw outside near the barbeque the other day. I'd give it 2-3 days at best to evade the wasp.

Keep going, Pee Jay. I'm nearly done.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 02 Feb 2023, 12:59 pm

Pal Joey wrote:It'll probably fall victim to the spider-killing wasp I saw outside near the barbeque the other day. I'd give it 2-3 days at best to evade the wasp.

Jeez man, I've been on high alert these last few days. Typical hot and humid weather. Perfect time for spiders to go on the move. You'd love it here!

I've got a door snake (sand filled one) across the gap at the bottom as well as a rubber weather strip... but there's a tiny gap near the hinge. Obviously the spider can feel the cool air leaking out from there and makes a beeline for that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Feb 2023, 1:12 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Just chased a huntsman outside using the end of a broom handle.

You're lucky he didn't shoot you with a thirty-aught-six.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 02 Feb 2023, 1:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I had a vision of PJ dueling a man dressed in a red coat wielding a riding crop

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 02 Feb 2023, 1:31 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

It'd have next to no chance against the quickfire kid. Those cartridges are simply of no use without a firearm.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Feb 2023, 1:50 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Jeez man, I've been on high alert these last few days. Typical hot and humid weather. Perfect time for spiders to go on the move. You'd love it here!

I've got a door snake (sand filled one) across the gap at the bottom as well as a rubber weather strip... but there's a tiny gap near the hinge. Obviously the spider can feel the cool air leaking out from there and makes a beeline for that.

Glad you clarified, otherwise I would have been concerned that you poor b*stards have to deal with a snake that specifically hangs about doors waiting to bite you.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 02 Feb 2023, 5:32 pm

man sausage
tits
fanny
Meat trombone soloist
Kumquat
bumming
Frak
bacon flaps
Love sacks
jizzsplash

Last edited by Galted on Thu 02 Feb 2023, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just checking what cock, tits, fanny, wanker, cunt, bumming, fuck-knuckle, bacon flaps, bollocks and jizzsplash get changed to.)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Feb 2023, 5:51 pm

Knobhead

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Thu 02 Feb 2023, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just checking I've set the change for 'Galted' correctly.)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Feb 2023, 9:07 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Knobhead

Reported to Elon, won't be seeing posts like that again when he's bought out 606v2.

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Feb 2023, 9:14 am

Sicond.  If knobhead is knobhead should that also be reflected in his badge?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 03 Feb 2023, 5:06 pm

Happy to see nobody is engaging in a last minute michaelsing effort for the weekend this week

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Feb 2023, 5:09 pm

lostinwales wrote:Happy to see nobody is engaging in a last minute michaelsing effort for the weekend this week

That's beneath us.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 03 Feb 2023, 7:10 pm

Not me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next