The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !!

4 posters

Go down

Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !! Empty Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Feb 2023, 3:51 pm

Sad isn't it ????....Big uproar when Hearn was going to have a PPV event with unified 168 Kessler v Froch that was once upon a time meant to be a one off....Then we end up with a never do well Eubank vs journeyman Smith.....If two relatively unaccomplished fighters compete on PPV how the hell is Boxing ever going to grow...Sure Tyson,Hagler types should be ppv but Eubank v Smith ??

Then we have Youtubers starting to dominate the scene.....Why have a World title when you can earn big money banging out a Social media star ???.....People will pay for it look at McGregor v Mayweather......Manny couldn't touch Floyd so a 6 month novice would ?? So a name is all you need..

Stupid and it demeans the sport......Why not have Ronnie O'Sullivan taking on Katie Price at Snooker and make it PPV ?? Give her six months practice give them both a few names to chuck at eachother and watch Braindead Brian splash out 40 bucks..

World titles mean nothing now.....Freak matchups are in vogue....Non title crud is PPV and real fans have gone like Mr Bounce and others...

So sad.....Blessed to grow up in the 80s and Boxing will never get back to those halcyon days....

Anyway happy new year to you all and hope you prosper and enjoy 2023... thumbsup ....and if anyone wants to trade an old red head Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !! 3559488474  for a younger blonde let me know....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !! Empty Re: Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !!

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 08 Feb 2023, 10:48 am

Disgusting price hike by DAZN recently, did you see? Is it even worth £3.99 a month? The channel doesn’t deliver what subscribers want which is good regular content.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !! Empty Re: Froch v Kessler to Eubank v Smith.....KSI..Jake Paul to the death of a once great Sport !!

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 08 Feb 2023, 8:36 pm

I do wonder how boxing is going to produce any true household names in the UK once Fury and Joshua make their exits. Especially if the IOC follow through on their threat to remove boxing from the Olympics. The chance to launch a pro career off the back of an Olympic medal generally gives you a quicker route to exposure and decent purses, and the removal of boxing from the Games is just another incentive to focus on removed it for youngsters who are eyeing up the most lucrative path into sports.

Particularly sickening to hear some of the establishment Sky / Talksport etc. stooges talking about how the sport is booming because of the 'numbers' that these YouTuber freakshows are attracting. The vast majority of viewers in those cases are there for the e-celebs rather than the sport and I'm sceptical that they'll stick around to get to know the sport properly.

But even if boxing in any form has gained 'numbers', it's lost its credibility, which is a much more pressing issue. The situation isn't much better Stateside either as I'm increasingly sceptical about the legitimacy of a lot of fights concerning the likes of Stevenson, Canelo, Haney etc....But that's for another time perhaps.

I just don't know how the sport can recover, sadly. If any of you have legitimate suggestions then you're better men than me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 Feb 2023, 3:29 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Disgusting price hike by DAZN recently, did you see? Is it even worth £3.99 a month? The channel doesn’t deliver what subscribers want which is good regular content.

They call it the Deadzone.....Shame Hearn can't see in to the future like Christopher Walken....

Most people feel short changed now reading comments on line....Obviously Dazn making big overtures of justification by stating AJ v Franky is not PPV but no one believes AJ stays off for long.....Such a big hike reeks of desperation and it probably will be a huge mistake....

You have my sympathy I won't subscribe to these channels....Though in many respects they are far more interesting than the romcoms I tend to get forced down my throat between reruns of Titanic.. vomit

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 14 Feb 2023, 9:21 am

A boxing app is never going to work without a major platform behind it, that’s what I think everybody understands now

Shame because Eddy’s dream was to bring us the best fights, it really was. So different to Al Haymon who has such little regard for the sport, Crawford’s too good for us we won’t fight him for four years, Kovalev’s too good for us we’re not going to fight him and deprive him the chance to become undisputed etc.

Great film btw Truss, eerie, Walken’s finest hour? One of Martin Sheen’s best cameos too

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Mar 2023, 8:37 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:A boxing app is never going to work without a major platform behind it, that’s what I think everybody understands now

Shame because Eddy’s dream was to bring us the best fights, it really was. So different to Al Haymon who has such little regard for the sport, Crawford’s too good for us we won’t fight him for four years, Kovalev’s too good for us we’re not going to fight him and deprive him the chance to become undisputed etc.

Great film btw Truss, eerie, Walken’s finest hour? One of Martin Sheen’s best cameos too

Could have earned a lot of money grabbing hold of Douglas and seeing a vision of him standing over Tyson..... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 21 Apr 2023, 12:15 am

The same people who follow Jake Paul and his ilk are the same kind of people who follow the woman with two vaginas. There are lots of these people around.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down