The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse

+19
Recwatcher16
Duty281
TJ
Engine#4
Brendan
Heaf
No 7&1/2
RiscaGame
carpet baboon
BigGee
mikey_dragon
Collapse2005
doctor_grey
Maine man
sensisball
Hazel Sapling
formerly known as Sam
Oakdene
Rugby Fan
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse - Page 2 Empty Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 28 Apr 2023, 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leinster: 15 Hugo Keenan, 14 Jordan Larmour, 13 Garry Ringrose, 12 Charlie Ngatai, 11 Jimmy O’Brien, 10 Ross Byrne, 9 Jamison Gibson-Park, 8 Jack Conan, 7 Josh van der Flier, 6 Caelan Doris, 5 James Ryan (c), 4 Ross Molony, 3 Tadhg Furlong, 2 Dan Sheehan, 1 Andrew Porter
Replacements: 16 John McKee, 17 Cian Healy, 18 Michael Ala’alatoa, 19 Jason Jenkins, 20 Ryan Baird, 21 Luke McGrath, 22 Harry Byrne, 23 Ciaran Frawley

Toulouse: 15 Thomas Ramos, 14 Juan Cruz Mallía, 13 Pierre-Louis Barassi, 12 Pita Ahki, 11 Matthis Lebel, 10 Romain Ntamack, 9 Antoine Dupont (c), 8 Francois Cros, 7 Thibaud Flament, 6 Jack Willis, 5 Emmanuel Meafou, 4 Richie Arnold, 3 Dorian Aldegheri, 2 Peato Mauvaka, 1 Cyril Baille
Replacements: 16 Julien Marchand, 17 Rodrigue Neti, 18 David Ainu’u, 19 Alexandre Roumat, 20 Rynhardt Elstadt, 21 Alban Placines, 22 Paul Graou, 23 Arthur Retiere

(Apologies if I've missed a discussion elsewhere on this game.)

Robbie Henshaw's withdrawal seems to be raising a few concerns on the Irish side, what with Lowe having been ruled out earlier, and Sexton out. Rúaidhrí O'Connor thinks it might tip the scales in favour of the French.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse

Post by Heaf Tue 02 May 2023, 7:30 pm

Precisely.  Realistically they can only watch one screen at once which will be the TV feed as that's where the main action is going on.  So if a TV director decides to replay something the TMO can't help but see it, and it may lead them to spot an offence they otherwise missed.  So the problem comes when TV directors mysteriously only replay offences against the home team ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions Cup Semi-final Leinster vs Toulouse

Post by Pot Hale Wed 03 May 2023, 12:08 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:As usual no replay for the Leinster foul play. Dublin TV producers are more bias than the French ones. Happened in the quarter final as well. We desperately need to move away from the TMO only seeing what the TV producers show.

Porter should be having a 10 minute sit down based on the live viewing.

This is a myth.   TMO sees all of the angles, regardless of what the broadcaster, BT Sport, or local production team, select.

As above can. But will only see the TV feed until they ask.

Oh you mean they're not looking at the screen with all the TV angles on it, with a separate controller to review pieces of action whilst the game carries on....

I must have imagined it so.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

TJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 03 May 2023, 1:32 am

Doesn't matter how many angles the TMO has if they miss something in real time ... but if the TV director decides to show a replay they are sure to see it. As mentioned, problem comes when the TV director only decides to replay offences against the home team ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 03 May 2023, 1:54 am

Heaf wrote:Doesn't matter how many angles the TMO has if they miss something in real time ... but if the TV director decides to show a replay they are sure to see it.  As mentioned, problem comes when the TV director only decides to replay offences against the home team ...
That's not quite how it works either. The TMO can see an incident and decide to review it whilst the game carries on, and at the next stop in play, they may decide to replay something based on a review/prompt by TMO. It is the TMO who picks the pictures to replay if he deems an incident is worth reviewing. In the Porter incident, another foul is committed also immediately afterwards, and the ref allows play to continue under advantage, and a try was then scored by Toulouse. The TMO would have had time to review, and chose not to see anything in the incident. That's on the TMO, not the TV director in the box.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

TJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 03 May 2023, 7:32 am

Sorry but the Irish directors have down the route of the French. Shame but there we have it.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 03 May 2023, 10:15 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Sorry but the Irish directors have down the route of the French all nations. Shame but there we have it.

Corrected for you

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 03 May 2023, 10:30 am

Nope. But at least you acknowledge the issue with this case.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 03 May 2023, 10:52 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Nope. But at least you acknowledge the issue with this case.

I only acknowledge their is an issue across the board, I'm not referring any single issue, including this one.
Ireland are no different from England, Wales, South Africa, NZ, Australia etc

Plus, as has been stated, the TMO is not solely dependent on the broadcaster - this is a widely held misconception

geoff999rugby

TJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 03 May 2023, 11:12 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Nope. But at least you acknowledge the issue with this case.

I only acknowledge their is an issue across the board, I'm not referring any single issue, including this one.

Plus, as has been stated, the TMO is not solely dependent on the broadcaster - this is a widely held misconception

We can barely manage our regions, let alone pick what camera angles we show!!

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 03 May 2023, 11:18 am

geoff999rugby wrote:

For champions cup games no local irish TV network shows the games (except the final) so not sure that the idea that there is an Irish person in a control tower somewhere intentionally avoiding replays of Leinster related incidents is quite a conspiracy but not surprising given the levels of jealousy emerging around Leinster's rise particularly coming from England for some reason. Does anyone actually know for a fact who controlled the broadcast on Saturday?

The Porter incident was more likely brushed over because a try was scored. On minute 8 Ross Byrne took a swinging arm to the head which knocked him over in a cleanout on the way to Ahki scoring a try but this was not replayed either, is this a conspiracy too?

Interesting how English posters arent blasting Barnes for not asking for the TMO to review the Porter incident given it happened right in front of him. Hmmm.

I was listening to the latest ruck podcast which features Stephen Jones. I know he is Welsh but he seems to reflect English attitudes around the game more often that not. His comments around the final being in Dublin and Leinster having multiple home games reached comical levels of inconsistency and stupidity while conveniently ignoring the fact that there have been double the amount of finals held in Wales and England than Ireland. He also didnt seem that concerned predictably that next years final will be held in Spurs' stadium which Sarries have played some games in.

With all the noise around Leinster it would make it all the more sweet if they won the final in Dublin.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Wed 03 May 2023, 12:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

Collapse2005

the-goon2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 03 May 2023, 11:39 am

Lots of defensive Irishmen around. I think even people of other nationalities who I don't agree with I will now say reflect the same defensive Irish stance. (tongue firmly in cheek).

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Wed 03 May 2023, 2:09 pm

Better a defensive Irishman than on offensive Englishman😁

In all seriousness though, why are so many convinced the Porter hit definitely warranted a card? I thought the rule was generally a penalty for a tip landing on the back, yellow for through horizontal and red for landing on the head? Porter was late too but not crazily so. I though it could have either way as regards yellow or just a penalty and as a Leinster fan would have been suitably aggrieved at a yellow as my bias dictates.

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 03 May 2023, 2:42 pm

Two European giants playing a HC semi final in front of nearly 50k and most of the posts are about TMO camera angles. No wonder club rugby is in the gutter...

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Thu 04 May 2023, 7:56 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Lots of defensive Irishmen around. I think even people of other nationalities who I don't agree with I will now say reflect the same defensive Irish stance. (tongue firmly in cheek).

Your petty jealousy of Leinster and Ireland makes each win that bit more enjoyable.

the-goon2

TJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 04 May 2023, 8:18 am

Don't support a club so don't really care on that front. And yes would prefer England to win a GS but it's all ebbs and flows. As above there are some who acknowledge that there is slightly dodgy goings on with video replays. Good name though.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Thu 04 May 2023, 9:15 am

Yet all you've talked here is how it's unfair Leinster have "home advantage" (despite the obvious reasons), biased "Irish" TV directors (employed by BT sport), and questioned calls only against Toulouse. No interest in some of the high shots against Byrne, Ringrose or Sheehan, hmm, wonder why?

But no, you don't care...

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 04 May 2023, 10:10 am

You really don't read half the verbal diarrhoea I type if you think it's the only thing I mention (and fair enough!), but I won't ignore it just because some feel it's a no go area. If you feel particularly hard done to you could even search my past posts where use of replays has been an issue I feel that WR should look at from even before Leinster got good again! Nearest thing to a club I care about is Doncaster Knights (as they do a good pie).

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2