The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it

5 posters

Go down

Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it Empty Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it

Post by doctor_grey Fri 05 May 2023, 1:10 am

ROUND 24, 4:00pm, Saturday, 6 May

Bath Rugby v. Saracens

Bristol Bears v. Gloucester Rugby

Leicester Tigers v. Harlequins

London Irish v. Exeter Chiefs

Sale Sharks v. Newcastle Falcons

Entering what might be the most difficult off-season in Premiership history, one of the most difficult seasons is finally ending.  Almost feels like a relief at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSSUyK8mks

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it Empty Re: Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 05 May 2023, 7:53 am

Tigers Vs Quins is a sell out I believe so that'll be a good atmosphere.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it Empty Re: Premiership Rugby Round 24 - The End of the World as we know it

Post by doctor_grey Fri 05 May 2023, 7:05 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Tigers Vs Quins is a sell out I believe so that'll be a good atmosphere.
With nothing on the line, hoping this will be a good one. Quins will always want to have a run whist Tigers are getting ready for what comes next.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 05 May 2023, 8:58 pm

Looking at the squad selected by Tigers they want to give the fans something to cheer about but are very much preparing for what comes next. A few names being wrapped in cotton wool though most of the big games still in.

A place for England under 20, 19 year old Finn Carnduff on the bench who will make his Prem debut if he comes on. Highly rated blindside. Chance for Ashton and Gopperth to bid farewell to the Tigers crowd as well. Shame Murimurivalu didn't have chance to do the same.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Sat 06 May 2023, 8:38 am

Saracens have rested a lot of the senior players for the trip to Bath and the home side are pretty much at full strength for the second game in a row - haven't been able to say that in a while. Bath should/could have won the away fixture earlier in the season.

The Recreation Ground is another sell out- I think that is the sixth home game on the trot. The locals are certainly faithful given a lot of narrow frustrating losses over the last couple of seasons. Will be keeping an eye on the score at the derby game down the road at Bristol, as going to be a tight finish for the euro qualification slot.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 06 May 2023, 6:20 pm

Tigers let me down - I would have got a Grand Slam on Superbru but for them. Lots of complaints on one of the forums about Mr Tempest, but I haven't seen the match. Chris Ashton may have played his last match this season after seeing red ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 06 May 2023, 6:35 pm

Pretty obvious red for Ashton, can't see it being overturned.

Quins played most of the game against 14 and we're lucky not to lose the game at the death with Tigers subbing a lot of key players early in the second half. Not sure their management will like the manner of the victory.

By all accounts Tigers were just coasting in the game, nothing but pride to play for and a fairly average performance with an eye on next weekend.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 06 May 2023, 6:55 pm

A win by 1 would have been fine Crying or Very sad

Perhaps they should have picked a B team like Sarries and then I could have gone with a Quins win ... plus Ashton would still be available

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 06 May 2023, 8:16 pm

We did rest a few and subbed most of the key players early.

Joe Marler got some binned for sacking a rolling maul late on with Quins defending desperately so the 14 man Tigers were pushing Quins. Quins will be less than pleased to lose the second half when up a man. 10-17 at HT and then 17-20 at FT. Had Tigers needed it I reckon they could have taken the draw.

The important game for us in next week. Hopefully see Cronin, Martin, Steward and Watson all come back in for the Sale game.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 07 May 2023, 9:21 pm

Honestly, having lost so many games I think Quins will be happy to just get a win full stop. And away at Tigers is never to be sniffed at.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down