The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality...

4 posters

Go down

Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality... Empty Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 25, 2023 10:44 am

When Gerry Cooney lost to Spinks in 87 he confessed he was an alcoholic at the time.....Though Spinks won comfortably he admitted to being dazed by Cooney a few times in the fight.....Spinks like Usyk was a very skillful fighter but like Usyk not a real Heavyweight....

Dubois is coming in with a reputation like Douglas before Tyson (Douglas was more talented...)....Buster for all his talent had a tendency to quit too......Tucker...Bey......and in other fights he underperformed like in his draw with Tanstad.....

Dubois seems like he doesn't like it when the music gets loud......BUT...He is in with a guy who will struggle to hurt him like a Joyce and its a once in a lifetime chance !!.....USYK is much trickier than Joyce but should the fight go a few rounds which it will Dubois will land.....Spinks wobbled when Holmes caught him and Usyk will still have a Cruiser's chin....

Can Dubois go all out or will he look for cover when the middle rounds come and he has had limited success ???....Will limited success be enough to stop Usyk if he lands clean....Can he land clean ??

I pick Usyk late.....But it's an intriguing fight.....Wouldn't bet my Father in Law's mortgage on it.. Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality... 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality... Empty Re: Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality...

Post by Guest Fri May 26, 2023 1:16 am

Dubois isn't gonna outbox Usyk and let's be honest Dubois is a bit crap, he was dropped three times by a bum not so long ago.
So Usyk will probably try to box his ears off and as such Dubois' only chance is to come out swinging like a madman.
And all it takes is one punch at heavyweight...

Back to top Go down

Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality... Empty Re: Usyk v Dubois - Aug 12th..............Not a formality...

Post by Derek Smalls Fri May 26, 2023 2:14 pm

As soon as you start to think about it, this match-up goes from a “mismatch” to one that’s quite  interesting. As I have said before if DD sets the cat among the pigeons, and wins, then a Joyce fight is simply inevitable.
And that’s one way for Joyce to have the mother of all jammy comebacks.

Landing clean …. Well the “lucky punch” can and does happen, Truss. And it wouldn’t be as much of a shock as Ruiz beating Josh…

Daniel 5hat the bed last time no doubt about it but I fancy a small bet on him this time out.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat May 27, 2023 12:25 am

Anything can happen in HW boxing, but Dubois got dropped by a cruiserweight with a less than 50% KO%, and Usyk survived that ninth round vs AJ only.to reverse the heat in the 10th. The straight left will be there all night, so Usyk probably gets him to quit on his stool in the 10th or 11th.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:17 am

Not sure why Usyk is still fighting. He won't get Fury until he's 40 years old and he has nothing more to prove. The man at two weights with all the belts at cruiser and majority of the belts at heavy. A Dubois win is nothing more than gravy.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:55 am

Mochyn du wrote:Not sure why Usyk is still fighting.  He won't get Fury until he's 40 years old and he has nothing more to prove.  The man at two weights with all the belts at cruiser and majority of the belts at heavy.  A Dubois win is nothing more than gravy.

While the Saudis are offering losers like AJ and Wilder millions and millions.....It seems like a bad time to retire...No ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:46 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Mochyn du wrote:Not sure why Usyk is still fighting.  He won't get Fury until he's 40 years old and he has nothing more to prove.  The man at two weights with all the belts at cruiser and majority of the belts at heavy.  A Dubois win is nothing more than gravy.

While the Saudis are offering losers like AJ and Wilder millions and millions.....It seems like a bad time to retire...No ??

He made huge money in just a couple of heavyweight fights. The guy is already set up but it depends on how much more he wants. I think Dubois could beat him as he's a much bigger guy. Usyk is playing with fire being so small compared to these other guys.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down