The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???......

+2
No name Bertie
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???...... Empty Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 13 Nov 2023, 12:45 pm

Apparently we have Wilder v Stinky Parker...........AJ vs the ordinary Wallin planned for Dec 12.......Both should be easy enough victories for the left sides..

However Dubois vs Chisora is being mooted too and though Derek should be retiring and is oft-beaten this is the most intriguing of the three if it happens..

Dubois is a serial quitter and pretty much British standard.......Chisora is nothing if not durable and game....

Is that enough to beat Dubois ???.........Probably is...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???...... Empty Re: Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???......

Post by No name Bertie Tue 14 Nov 2023, 10:04 am

Beggars (= boxing fans) can't be choosers. Each boxer should be fighting two to four times a year. Deontay Wilder has fought less than one round in just over two years. Joseph Parker has fought four times in the past 14 months. Andy Ruiz Jr has fought twice in nearly four years. AJ has fought twice in 14 months....
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???...... Empty Re: Dubois v Chisora - Dec 23 ???......

Post by Mochyn du Tue 14 Nov 2023, 10:56 am

To be fair to Chisora he has a boulder head that seems to make him invulnerable to all the punches he has taken over the years. The guy is probably the richest gatekeeper in boxing.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Tue 14 Nov 2023, 2:40 pm

Chisora is the Corbyn of boxing, a has-been who never-was, who should be left to play marbles with the few he has remaining. DuBois doesn’t really make it in to the top twenty of the division.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 16 Nov 2023, 9:04 am

Miller / Dubois fight of the card.  Truss won’t agree but it is what it is. Is either going to shake up the world? Probably not, but Dubois can kick and Miller’s a big target. Charles a great fit for him if anyone can it’s Charles. Miller really fancies it and why wouldn’t he? But what’s he like without the crutch? He’s tough though. Looks like a 50/50

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Nov 2023, 9:21 am

I like how Anthony Joshua didn't so much let the mask slip, as more throw the mask in the bin and just be himself, swearing at Miller and being an arse to Dev Sahni Laugh

Full card for December 23rd:

Anthony Joshua v Otto Wallin
Deontay Wilder v Joseph Parker
Dmitry Bivol (c) v Lyndon Arthur - WBA Light Heavyweight Title
Jai Opetaia (c) v Ellis Zorro - IBF Cruiserweight Title
Daniel Dubois v Jarrell Miller
Filip Hrgovic v Mark De Mori
Arslanbek Makhmudov v Agit Kabayel
Frank Sanchez v Junior Fa

Marky

No name Bertie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 16 Nov 2023, 1:36 pm

Otto Wallin gets a chance to fight another big name - which I think he deserves.   Joseph Parker a former HW world champion (briefly) and once durable looks beatable.   However he will be nearly 32 and Deontay Wilder will be 38 and one might imagine if Parker properly trains for this fight he might have a chance against the aging Wilder (but unlikely).  DDD (= triple knee is his new nickname) versus Jarrell Miller (you hear stories that he gets knocked out in sparring) is difficult to call but DDD lacks heart.  Good to see Hrgovic & Sanchez on the card as well.   However Hrgovic's opponent looks like a bum (41 year national level boxer) and Frank Sanchez's opponent Junior Fa has had a poor loss to Lucas Brown and has only fought two rounds in nearly three years.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Nov 2023, 1:58 pm

No name Bertie wrote:Otto Wallin gets a chance to fight another big name - which I think he deserves.   Joseph Parker a former HW world champion (briefly) and once durable looks beatable.   However he will be nearly 32 and Deontay Wilder will be 38 and one might imagine if Parker properly trains for this fight he might have a chance against the aging Wilder (but unlikely).  DDD (= triple knee is his new nickname) versus Jarrell Miller (you hear stories that he gets knocked out in sparring) is difficult to call but DDD lacks heart.  Good to see Hrgovic & Sanchez on the card as well.   However Hrgovic's opponent looks like a bum (41 year national level boxer) and Frank Sanchez's opponent Junior Fa has had a poor loss to Lucas Brown and has only fought two rounds in nearly three years.

I think Hrgovic, Sanchez and Makhmudov are there to pad their records, and push themselves up the rankings, none of them are in any danger IMO.

The main three Heavyweight fights at least have some jeopardy in them.

Bivol and Opetaia will be absolutely fine in their defences

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sun 24 Dec 2023, 12:08 pm

I think we should give old Dubious a round of applause and ,from some quarters, an apology! Maybe his win saw him finally arrive despite his previous ups and downs.
We should have seen the Wilder loss coming, cos like Bertie above, I thought that he would be able to rely on his ‘Equaliser’. Parker was always game if not my idea of a heavyweight and a solid second tier fighter was ripe to beat the rusty Bronze Bomber.
Also- I think what with Wallin being shown up as second tier ,Fury having a life or death ding-dong with him ( as well as his last three displays) proves that he’s been running on fumes since Wilder 2.I got my prediction in early that Usyk would humiliate him and I am even more certain now.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down