The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROYAL ASCOT DAY TWO

3 posters

Go down

ROYAL ASCOT DAY TWO Empty ROYAL ASCOT DAY TWO

Post by racingnut Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

Second bite of the cherry and the top class stuff comes think and fast,cracking stuff on day one(put a couple of eyecatchers up on the ones to note thread).Ground will be drying out all of the time and it looks like high numbers had a definite advantage but this straight track can vary from race to race never mind day to day.Heres how the Nut views day two.

2.30Just will not look beyond Codemaster,broke the track record at HQ first run up,has solid two year old form and seven on drying ground is everything he wants.
3.05 Competitive field of older fillies but a notebook one appears in the shape of Im A Dreamer,bolted up from a field thats franked the form at Newmarket and she looks a real progressing type.Shes been aimed at this from seasons beginning and i think a big effort is in the offing.
3.45 So You Think is a silly price but hes looked a champion elect in his outings so far.Planteur isnt good enough and Rewilding wants another two furlongs and softer ground.Aidan O Briens charge can take this en route to a clash with Workforce in the Eclipse.
4.25 Absolute cavalry charge but yet another notebook entry pops up,this time its Green Destiny.Put a decent field to the sword at Newmarket and showed a thing i really like...a turn of foot.You need loads of luck with a clear run and draw advantage in these events but granted a clean run he must be thereabouts.
5.00 Two year old race....guinness and Moet chaser and admire the ladies guinness
5.35 Nightmare of a race to finish,case to be made for plenty of these but Winters Night for me,shaped with promise on more than one occasion and looks the type to go well.

If you play then all the best

racingnut

Back to top Go down

ROYAL ASCOT DAY TWO Empty Re: ROYAL ASCOT DAY TWO

Post by steveo77 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

well hope everyone has made a nice little profit to take into day 2 because I think things will start getting harder tomorrow !

opening race is difficult because there are lots of possibles but I agree with racingnut and think Codemaster will be hard to beat.

I really like the progressive Sajjhaa in the 2nd but this is a really competitive race. If Kieren Fallon has sorted his neck out then he could steer Seta to victory, and there are a couple of horses that I like at big prices - Anna Salai and Field Day.

I think So You think is worse value in the main race than Frankel was today despite slightly better odds. However he does appear top class. The trip is a worry but I think Rewilding could run into a place.

In the Royal Hunt Cup I need a closer look tomorrow but at the moment I am siding with Start Right, Invisible Man and Dance and Dance.

Shumoos will surely go off close to evens tomorrow after Frederick Engels win gave this horse a massive form boost today. Fine Lily might run into a place

Havent looked at the last properly yet. Winters Night or Dubai Queen look the obvious 2 from first glance

Great day 1, if day 2 is half as good then I will be pleased! appletini

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

One of my Horses noted in running turns out in the Windsor Forest in the form of Dever Dream. Now it is a massive leap of faith to think he can make the step up into Gp 2 company however the horse certainly has ability, is definitely open to plenty of improvement, although the bare form of its first run this term doesn't look good enough, as i put in my article on the noted in running thread, he received a stinker of a ride and would have finished alot closer possibly would have won therefore at the current offering of 14's i'm willing to take a chance.
Two for me in the cavalry charge which is the Royal Hunt Cup, with the defection of Green Destiny, i'm torn between either Dance and Dance or Mont Agel. Drawn on opposite sides of the track, i'm really not sure where the best place to be is. Slight preference is for Dance and Dance on bare form, the Epsom win last time out was a very likeable performance however if the ground is running on the Firmer side then it might just be too quick as some of his better runs have been with juice in the ground. Mont Agel is one that is likely to improve, has a nice weight and just got touched off at York last time. Luck in running is needed, so its very much fingers crossed and it might be a small investment on each of them against the field.

Best of luck if you have a go today.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down