The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now youre talking Graham Henry...

+16
Biltong
nottins
rodders
red_stag
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Notch
RubyGuby
welshjohn369
emack2
nganboy
TheGreyGhost
disneychilly
Cymroglan
Glas a du
majesticimperialman
Taylorman
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Now youre talking Graham Henry... - Page 3 Empty Now youre talking Graham Henry...

Post by Taylorman Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Recent posting has Henry looking back instead of forwards for this years World cup.

http://www.allblacks.com/news/16468/All-Blacks-to-focus-on-history-and-rivals

The lessons to be learned are all there.

Hopefully he'll find the need to match the passion and exuberance of the French when the chips are down

Hopefully he'll find the need to adapt when the decisions arent going his way can be covered with back up plans and personnel.

Hopefully he'll find that the inactivity on attack and inadequacies on defence from 30-60 minutes by the AB's is whats caused most of the pain.

Hopefully he'll find the need to set a high standard of intensity, pace and skill to match what has won the only event for the team so far.

But mostly hopefully he'll find a way of getting the team through to the end, with his usual stubborn determination and humility intact, doing it the AB way.

Here's.......hoping... Wink

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Now youre talking Graham Henry... - Page 3 Empty Re: Now youre talking Graham Henry...

Post by emack2 Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Miss spelling should be Woodcock,Cory Jane was automatic choice 2010,with Hurricanes losing,Weepu,Cory Jane, Conrad Smith to injury.All the Hurricanes have been poor this year.SBW if fit will be in the squad but has`nt done enough for me to start.Nonu is established one.AS to Crusaders wingers I am going for established side and experience in a RWC.My self I would play Joe Roco coko who`s done nothing wrong.The Blues seldom go wide to him but he`s every where .Creating line breaks tackling back,cleaning out rucks.Something he has been doing for years,Guildford has just started doing it.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Now youre talking Graham Henry... - Page 3 Empty Re: Now youre talking Graham Henry...

Post by welshjohn369 Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Zak has had a kick up the ass and has improved 100% and I would pick him over Joe everytime now.

Jane has lost it this season and would be quite a risk at the moment.

Sonny Bill will be found out soon with his passing and his defence is still sadly lacking, he is creating a psudo name for himself IMO.

Weepu is back and improving, Smith will always be a danger.

AB's problem is if Dan is injured.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Welsh John thank you for a sensible response,the squad is what I THINK it will be not what it actually will be.I was going on the 2010 squad will be the starting point.3Ns will be fine tuning,many players injured will struggle to make squad.Isreal Dagg and Colin Slade are two most likely missing out,SBW is a talent but will be found out. Back ups for DC too early for Cruden,Slade probably won`t make it.Donald has proved he has not really stepped up.Brett and McAlister one is in and out,the other really a 12.Berquist not yet capped but could do a job.Tony Brown been there,done that,worn the tee shirt.Weepu if there`s none better.Working on the thoery class is permanent a lot will be picked on past form.Blues/Crusaders apart none of other NZ sides have been consistent.A lot of players have impressed but unlikely to make it.Ben Smith,Tom Marshall,Hoetta,Luke Romano to name a few.What will be key will refereeing of the Tackle area,consistency by SH/NH interpratations wil be key.Goal kicking will be the key,and indications are the AB`s will adopt a more pragmatic kicking game if required.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:23 pm

I guess we all think we are the best in selecting and I appreciateit is just your team you are selecting.

Cruden is my option if Dan ever did get injured, Donalds kicking has improved but let's face it you need more than that!

I would love to see Munroe, Ranger and Payne get a chance, but I love the Taniwha and am a little tunnel visioned. Ranger has the ability.

I watch one of the greatest uncapped players quite often, played for the Hurricanes now retired but still happy to pkay for Mid Northern. Any idea?
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 pm

David Holwell?

I like that Taniwha triumvirate and think they and especially Ranger have been underutilised by Lam this year.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Got it Smile

I actually chatted with Gus Collins in New World on Thursday, another hero here in Northland.

What with the Goings and the Rush's we have a fine pedigreein Northland.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 pm

nottins wrote:If it says New Zealand as the side, then it is the New Zealand rugby team.

Glad we've cleared that up. Presumably those England games that didn't count, do actually count then? Like the loss to the Maori and barbarians?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 pm

nottins wrote:That was a classic riposte was it ? I thought it was more his attempt at "humour" which again failed as no one responded. But in reponse, not one Argentinian played for England after Argentina reached third place in the IRB rankings in October 2007.

Yep, but they have to Play in Italy for 2 years first before they can grab an EU passport and qualify forEngland...and there's still so many saffas kiwis and pis to poach first. Hence my expectation that it'll be a couple more years;)

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Games against Maori or Brabarian sides from NZ are not tests and therefore caps arenot awarded.

Sorry GG, sure you will find another way to clear it up. Usually you make it as clear as mud.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 pm

I thought Wales gave out caps for the recent Baabaas game.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:08 am

welshjohn369 wrote:Games against Maori or Brabarian sides from NZ are not tests and therefore caps arenot awarded.

Sorry GG, sure you will find another way to clear it up. Usually you make it as clear as mud.

Pretty sure that a mid week AB side v Munster (for example) isn't a test either. You can't have it both ways.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:

Yep, but they have to Play in Italy for 2 years first before they can grab an EU passport and qualify forEngland...and there's still so many saffas kiwis and pis to poach first. Hence my expectation that it'll be a couple more years;)

Nope, they have to reside in England for 3 years before they qualify to play for England. Do stop making thing up.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 am

I think you'll find that it's not legal under the laws of your european overmasters to exclude someone from employment in the united kingdom on the basis of their member state.

Discriminatory laws like that would be frowned on by your new political masters in Brussels.

You pay so much tax to support them, surely you should at least abide by the laws they make on your behalf.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:37 am

Where did anyone say anyone was being excluded from employment on the basis of their member state ? I suggest you read what I ACTUALLY typed, not what you thought I typed.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Welshjohn – top call on David Holwell. He’s a dead-set favourite of mine, absolutely over the moon when he signed for Wellington in 1999 after the cack that we had to put up with at flyhalf since Mannix, not that he was any good, buggered off to Sale in 96 (Steve Hirini anyone???). If he’d have been born ten years later I think he’d be exactly what the AB’s need as a backup flyhalf right now. The problem was NZ had Merhtens, Spencer and Brown all in his way when Holwell was in peak form but he never let Wellington or the Hurricanes down, and he’s still running around to this day which is brilliant. Is he going to run out for the Taniwhas this season on an SOS maybe?

That Wellington backline of the late 90’s early 00’s was sure frightening can’t think of a better backline in the world at that time (7 AB’s!!):

Cullen
Lomu
Umaga
Ieremia
Alatini
Steinmetz
O’Halloran
Holwell
Spice

Aaahhh memories……

Just on the Lions v Maori ‘non-test’ issue, correct it isn’t a test match but for a long time it has always been known as the 4th (or 5th) test match such is the intensity and the fact that Maori teams are so successful against Lions opposition (and other nations)….

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3