The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nole @ the Garden

3 posters

Go down

Nole @ the Garden Empty Nole @ the Garden

Post by novak143 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 8:11 am

All Nole fans out there!

Wimbledon is around the corner! Draw would be out in a few hours!! Yet there is not much written about our Hero!!! This is unfair for a man who was in the limelight hardly a fort-night ago.

Public memory can be so short. But how can we the loyal fans, forget what all he has achieved thus far, this year. So let's kick-start Nole's campaign from here.

Today, there was an article in Tennis.com website (http://tennis.com/articles/templates/features.aspx?articleid=12656&zoneid=9), very aptly titled, 'Remember Me?'. There it was mentioned that he has beaten Giles Simon in an exhibition match 6-1, 6-2. Which goes to show he is in fine nick. He may be short of practice but never short of determination.

If the draw places him in Murray's half, I would be happy. But if he has to play Fed, I will be more happy, as he will get a chance to take sweet revenge.

I know Fed is more accomplished on Grass than Nole. But given his form and the manner in which he was beaten by Fed in FO semis, I think he has all the reasons to seek retribution.

As a true fan of Nole, I can never forget the index-finger-waving gesture of Fed and I am dying to see Novak mimic that after he wins against Fed. I know he has the game to beat the King and what better venue to choose than his own backyard/garden.

Come on Nole.. We are waiting for that moment.

novak143

Back to top Go down

Nole @ the Garden Empty Re: Nole @ the Garden

Post by noleisthebest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

"If the draw places him in Murray's half, I would be happy. But if he has to play Fed, I will be more happy, as he will get a chance to take sweet revenge."

Who are you trying to kid here Novak 143....which Nole fan worth his/her salt would say Nole falls into MURRAY'S (or Federer's for that matter) HALF !!!!!!!

It's the other way round....nice try, though..... laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:34 am

Novak 143, good post, personally I would prefer Roger to be in the other half although I don't think Murray at wimbeldon with the home court is much easier. I certainly would like Novak to avenge that loss at the FO, as i think his 4 day layoff and the pressure of playing for #1 and the streak hurt him and helped Federer. Personally, I wasn't to bothered by the finger waving players get more demonstrative than that when they win, but it was a little bit odd and a bit taunting coming from fed when we are used to him being so nondistinct after a win.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by novak143 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 8:23 am

Nitb,

Your are right, it is the other way round.

Now that the draw is out, I think Nole will have more than his hands full with the first and second round matches against J.Chardy and Kevin Anderson(possibly). Kevin's serve can be a huge advantage. That being said, Nole would have the advantage of playing the best of 5 sets match.

Socal,
I too felt lot of factors have contributed to that loss, like the 4 day gap, partisan crowd, Fed's extra-ordinary serving (17 aces) is way above his average ace count per match, etc.
Anyways, lets first complete the first week, then we start discussing about the second week/ semi-finals.

novak143

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 8:33 am

Novak again gets a tough first and second round matchup at a grandslam. Both Chardy and Anderson are guys who play well on a fast court. I didn't think the FO did Novak any favors with the draw and I don't think wimby is doing him any favors with the draw.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 6:22 am

We did it baby, Novak is the wimby champion! Yahoo

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down