The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddison Square Garden

+4
Mr H
Kay Fabe
The Awesome Giz
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
8 posters

Go down

Maddison Square Garden Empty Maddison Square Garden

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 21 Nov 2011, 11:49 pm

Not complaining or moaning about this as it was a great event I thought and worth the Sky Box Office fee....but i don't know about anyone else but i always prefered the small entrance way for MSG....it always gave the event a feel of it been unique i thought....anyone else think this?

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Maddison Square Garden Empty Re: Maddison Square Garden

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:50 am

I agree, however I believe the MSG was redesigned recently so its now a different seating and layout. It was a fully packed house last night so obviously the new design didn't let any seats be tarpped off.

I did love that unique style before, I heard they might have Wrestlemania 30 there, if Vince doesn't mind only 20,000 people instead of 90,000.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:39 am

MSG will definitely get WM30, it's not about the attendance for that, it's about the history of the building and it's connection with the WWF/E through the years, particularly WrestleMania, WM1, WM10, WM20 & WM30 surely is a must

I totally agree with the point though, the side enterance is horrible and just turns it into another generic arena, from a visual prespective anyway, I noticed last night that the face on enterance is still there though so hopefully they can use it again in the future, they usually only create a side enterence when WWE are doing TV's, PPV's are usually face on

On a side note the side enterence means errecting a stage which cuts the attendence by about 6 thousand

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

The Rumble in 2008 was awesome with the shorter face on entrance, especially when Cena returned. Am i right in thinking that at Mania 20 they had a screen there instead with a picture of the 2 guys involved in the match? Although the match stunk, Goldberg v Lesnar had the crowd going nuts, Brock got so much heat in The Garden and it clearly got to him, he looked seriously pished!

Get Mania 30 at the Hoosier Dome with an epic aisle ala Warrior's run in!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

Don't think the Hoosierdome exists anymore Mr H

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

Yeah I think they knocked it down

For shame!!!!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

Well there you go, everyday's a school day, i had no idea.

I prefer a more intimate venue anyway to be honest, by intimate i mean under a 20,000 capacity. I'd rather 20k wrestling fans creating a buzzing atmosphere than 50,000+ sitting on their hands.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

Yeah they did use it a Wrestlemania 20 to show the participants of the match on a screen.....also liked it when they had Raw there over about a year ago and had used the small entrance really gave Raw a unique feel for one night only

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:57 pm

Yeah the reason they used that enterence was because it was getting refurbed straight after and they wanted to use it one last time, was about two years ago

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

I preferred the short entrance too, but for something like WM I assume they would want space for the pyrotechnics and probably gimmicked entrances.

I would wonder whether Vince would go for the history of Madison Square Garden over the potential revenue generated by using somewhere like Giants stadium instead for a WM event?

I suppose enough money is made each WM week that perhaps gate receipts can take a back seat, but it is a huge chunk of cash to let go.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:14 pm

Well the last time they where there for Mania was in 2004 so they have a history of going back, I'd be shocked if they didn't go back for WM30 but there is a 100,000 seater in Texas that wants it too so who knows, it's a lot of cash to turn down

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

sodhat wrote:Giants stadium
Is the New York weather really reliable enough in April to use an outdoor venue like the New Meadowlands?

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

I think this is the 1 tradition Vince should keep.

Mania 30 at MSG is a must. Just look at the crowd for Survivor Series.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:17 pm

Statto00 wrote:
sodhat wrote:Giants stadium
Is the New York weather really reliable enough in April to use an outdoor venue like the New Meadowlands?

No I wouldn't have thought so, but then I never understand the need to take the risk in having outdoor events anyway, many stadiums have retractable roofing these days and I'm sure that they would be able to find ones that could host. I always think it is going to rain one of these days and it would ruin the event!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:06 pm

Certainly the Jones Mahal at Arlington is a must in the near future as gaffer suggested.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down