The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Square Baw

3 posters

Go down

Square Baw Empty Square Baw

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:15 pm

in light of the dastardly cheating of Meath in the 2010 championship and the excellent call from the ref (overruling the umpire....his son) when that cheater graham geraghty tried to cheat his way to a goal for Meath in this years Leinster championship and the goal awarded to brendan......BRENDAN Coulter in last years all ireland semi. is it time to change the rules on the squarebaw?

it is far easier to judge it from the point of the kick than it is from the time the ball enters the square.

what say you?
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Square Baw Empty Re: Square Baw

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:04 pm

Make Meath score two for each one allowed and three against Louth until Karma is fully repaid.
Make sure revisionist history doesnt apply to games in which both teams scored contentious scores i.e. Kildare and the 39 steps

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Can anyone explain the Square Ball rule for me please........with specific reference to the following....................if you are standing on the line with some of you in and some of you out, are you in? Is the line in or out?.............ditto with the ball?

Frank Murphy, are you out there ???

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:23 pm

Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:Make Meath score two for each one allowed and three against Louth until Karma is fully repaid.
Make sure revisionist history doesnt apply to games in which both teams scored contentious scores i.e. Kildare and the 39 steps

that is a bit revisionist too. There was a man hanging off him for 34 of those 39 steps.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

When I played 5 steps were still to many but that was before colour and the tube and cover was damn heavy

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:51 pm

John Cregan wrote:Can anyone explain the Square Ball rule for me please........with specific reference to the following....................if you are standing on the line with some of you in and some of you out, are you in? Is the line in or out?.............ditto with the ball?

Frank Murphy, are you out there ???
John
Its quite simple, the square is actually a parallelogram my spelling is rubbish.
Whether your in the square or not depends on a number of factors
1. Officially the attacker is not supposed to be in the 4 sided object before the ball. As Ireland does not have a major airforce airspace has always been a difficult concept. See American military flights into Shannon.
2. The identification of a square ball is dependent on the humour of the umpires. Within this are several other subsets
a. In club games is the away tea attacking
b. In county games are the umpires related to the referee
c. Will a square ball result in a draw and a replay, more revenue for the GAA
3. Finally the likelihood of a square ball being called is propotionate to how much the rest of the country love you.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:03 pm

OK Thanks. That's a better explanation than the Sunday Game fellas!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down