The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning get permission first.

+3
ADMIN
shivfan
lsabre
7 posters

Go down

Warning get permission first. Empty Warning get permission first.

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:37 am

Take note all posters, using photographs on any forum without the owners consent can lead to the forum owner being fined and the site closed, this is why you seldom see photographs on the athletics daily.com and athletics weekly forums[b]

Back to top Go down

Warning get permission first. Empty Re: Warning get permission first.

Post by lsabre Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:42 am

*chuckle* Already got scared by another forum set up Flashy? Don't worry, I'm well aware of all things concerning copyright et al so everything here is in perfect order. I learnt quite a lot on the circuit on the part of your forum. ;-)

Have you ever got permission from me for copying-pasting whole posts of mine on your forum? But you've been doing it anyway!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

Will you eveidence that last piece of libelous nonsense lsabre *chuckle chuckle chuckle*

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 27 Jan 2011, 12:30 pm

I don't need to, everyone knows that! ;-)

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:10 pm

Good to see what you've done here, Isabre....

Thankfully, there's none of that silly vote-for-the-topic one stars or five stars here....
:lol:
Hopefully, this version of 606 can be minus the hatred and venom that is regularly spewed out on the BBC's 606.
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:14 pm

Hi Shivfan, my friend, nice to see you over here too! I do hope for that last one myself too! Cheers

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:17 pm

Hi Guys!

Firstly welcome onboard, we hope you find this place to your tastes and if there is anything you'd like just feel free to let me or one of the other guys in charge know, we've more than eager to please.

With the regards to images, we've taken the decision to not allow them full stop on the site. No avatars, no signatures etc.
We felt that one of the reasons 606 worked was because it was discreet especially in the workplace, we want to maintain that. By making it text only based we hope that it's easy to access and doesn't get noticed by snooping eyes.

Hope that helps!

The rather annoying ad banner should also be on it's way off the site over the next few days too, another thing that will make the site more appealing.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:20 pm

Damn!
Smile
I was trying so hard to upload an avatar....
shivfan
shivfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Im-no-athlete Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:52 pm

Good work lsabre.

As regards hatred and venom, it seemed to depend on which side of the fence (or atlantic ocean) you sat. It has got to be give and take on both parts. It can be pretty hard to swallow some posts that are definitely anti Brit on, what is, a UK forum.
I can't see other nationalities being any different if their athletes were constantly being 'put down' on a forum based in their own country.
Just my opinion.

Im-no-athlete

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 27 Jan 2011, 4:19 pm

Thanks Im-no-athlete! Nice to see you over here too!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Thu 27 Jan 2011, 4:46 pm

Im-no-athlete wrote:Good work lsabre.

As regards hatred and venom, it seemed to depend on which side of the fence (or atlantic ocean) you sat. It has got to be give and take on both parts. It can be pretty hard to swallow some posts that are definitely anti Brit on, what is, a UK forum.
I can't see other nationalities being any different if their athletes were constantly being 'put down' on a forum based in their own country.
Just my opinion.
I totally agree....

It cuts both ways. But just because the old BBC 606 site happened to be a British forum, it didn't merit all those vicious posts that infected that messageboard. So long as we don't have those snide posters who make silly insinuating posts about athletes from non-British countries, everything should be fine.

Hopefully, this MB will have a more international flavour.
shivfan
shivfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Im-no-athlete Thu 27 Jan 2011, 6:00 pm

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree Shiv and try to get on. I actually agree with some of the 'snide' posters.
Nothing wrong with talking about 'foreign' athletes but not when it's done in a way that demeans the Brits - sorry.

Im-no-athlete

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Fri 28 Jan 2011, 2:24 pm

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If 606ers can denigrate foreign athletes, then 'foreign' posters should be able to do the same about British athletes. Unfortunately, that's not the case in the snake-pit we call 606....

Fortunately, on this site we have an opportunity to start with a fresh slate, and to be able to treat each other fairly and with respect. I've experienced a lot more fairness and balance on the TF&N messageboard, and if I see something similar here, it could thrive. Of course, this site would need even a fraction of the volume of posters that exist on T&FN, and I'm not so sure that will be the case.
shivfan
shivfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Im-no-athlete Fri 28 Jan 2011, 2:50 pm

You will get more fairness and balance on T&FN, as it is a US based forum, where they have athletes from many countries living and training there. Slightly different to the UK.
Of course you won't get the same number of posters. How big do you think the UK is? The Beeb is hardly at the fore front of Track and Field as far as a forum goes so I can't see this spreading worldwide.

It's a pointless debate because you will never understand why people got sick of having the marvellous sprinters shoved in their faces, no matter what the thread discussion was about. Pity really, but things won't change on here which is one reason, I suspect, why some of the more knowledgeable 606 posters won't join here. That will be this forum's loss.

Im-no-athlete

Back to top Go down

Post by East End Bodybuilder Fri 28 Jan 2011, 7:23 pm

Hello there Isabre,

I'd just like to say thankyou for starting the athletics section of the new 606 and wish you the best of luck with it.

Here's hoping this is a great year for British Athletics!

East End Bodybuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 28 Jan 2011, 8:19 pm

Thankyou East End Bodybuilder, I hope things come on well over here and this place gradually builds up into a very robust, informative and productive venue to discuss athletics.

I think we can take on board the drawbacks on the various fora around, having all of us our own share in it, and try to process out a better environment.

I've been having a very tight day so haven't been able to come round here much, but then again there is a very lively weekend beckoning ahead to make it up! ;-)

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:44 am

Im-no-athlete wrote:You will get more fairness and balance on T&FN, as it is a US based forum, where they have athletes from many countries living and training there. Slightly different to the UK.
Of course you won't get the same number of posters. How big do you think the UK is? The Beeb is hardly at the fore front of Track and Field as far as a forum goes so I can't see this spreading worldwide.

It's a pointless debate because you will never understand why people got sick of having the marvellous sprinters shoved in their faces, no matter what the thread discussion was about. Pity really, but things won't change on here which is one reason, I suspect, why some of the more knowledgeable 606 posters won't join here. That will be this forum's loss.
Fans from every country express happiness about the achievements of their fans, which is why there are countless threads about Jessica Ennis.
Very Happy Very Happy
The problem with 606 athletics board is that they don't like it when non-British fans express similar pride, and that's why I'm not shedding a tear over its imminent demise....
shivfan
shivfan

Back to top Go down

Warning get permission first. Empty re 6o6

Post by english_osprey Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:09 pm

As usual shiv you've got it back to front.

606 was, and still is a uk forum. I want to hear about uk athletes. If i wanted to read about ped abusing athletes I'd go on t&f and read the inane ramblings of drug apologists
Your last post on 606 was a classic of its kind. Some drivel about jamaica's latest drug test failure and her next race. Check out the replies to your post, one reply. From yourself. Check out the marks out of 5. You have 7 '1's and 1 '5' (guess who that was from). Are you getting the message yet? NOBODY IS INTERESTED.

Haven't you and blufferbill or whatever he's called this week started your own group? Why not go there and bask in the reflected 'glory' of your ped-powered stars? That way you avoid the bitterness and we get a break from your jamaican fawning and anti-brit bile.

This grop is a top idea lsabre. Thanks to the guys who started it and all your hard work.

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:23 pm

Thankyou English_Osprey, I hope this place gradually develops into a very good venue for athletics fans. I haven't had more time to put into it lately but I hope for more in the coming weeks when the indoor action really picks up.

Guys, mind you, we can all share the same space regardless of preferences. Shivfan may be passionate about Jamaican and more generally Caribbean athletes and I can understand that, as I'm more over British athletics (and global now that I come to that) so we could use a more 'colourful' background with 'touches' from as many directions and quarters as possible. As long as nobody crosses certain boundaries, everyone will be fine. Cheers

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Warning get permission first. Empty Made it here

Post by twominman Fri 04 Feb 2011, 5:12 pm

Good to see you here lsabre and glad to have joined!

twominman

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 04 Feb 2011, 8:51 pm

Thankyou Twominman, glad to see you over here too!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Thu 17 Feb 2011, 7:59 am

english_osprey wrote:As usual shiv you've got it back to front.

606 was, and still is a uk forum. I want to hear about uk athletes. If i wanted to read about ped abusing athletes I'd go on t&f and read the inane ramblings of drug apologists
Your last post on 606 was a classic of its kind. Some drivel about jamaica's latest drug test failure and her next race. Check out the replies to your post, one reply. From yourself. Check out the marks out of 5. You have 7 '1's and 1 '5' (guess who that was from). Are you getting the message yet? NOBODY IS INTERESTED.

Haven't you and blufferbill or whatever he's called this week started your own group? Why not go there and bask in the reflected 'glory' of your ped-powered stars? That way you avoid the bitterness and we get a break from your jamaican fawning and anti-brit bile.

This grop is a top idea lsabre. Thanks to the guys who started it and all your hard work.
Posts like yours are exactly why I'm so happy that 606 is closing....
Rolling Eyes
Where will you go to peddle your hatred now?
:lol:
Isn't it amusing how an article that is designed to be informative, and to provoke discussion, can generate such bile? Here's an example....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A81393591

It matters little whether the athletes are British or not. If you don't want to discuss British athletes, don't go on the thread - simple! But 606 athletics board is so full of Little Englanders who are filled with bile....

shivfan
shivfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 17 Feb 2011, 9:16 am

I'm sorry, Shivfan, but I don't think that your last post was quite appropriate.... Like I've requested the other guys to refrain from commenting on certain things about you, which they have abided by as I've seen so far, I'd request you to follow suit. I wouldn't like certain situations on 606, which I wouldn't personally like to shut down, to spill over here too...

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Im-no-athlete Thu 17 Feb 2011, 12:57 pm

Shiv
You are out of order - again!

Im-no-athlete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Feb 2011, 1:03 pm

Shiv said
But 606 athletics board is so full of Little Englanders who are filled with bile....

Have a good read at ospeys posts over there and judge for yourselves whether shiv post is right or not.

Shiv fan is a good poster and has his own points of view, please do not behave like others do on the old 606 and AW forum and get at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:05 pm

None has denied that Shivfan is a good, enthusiastic poster. However, in this case, his post was quite inappropriate and mistimed since I had already requested other posters to respect his views, which was abided by by all since.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:12 pm

Hi all

I'm aware that there are camps in the 606 athletics community and I hope this doesn't overspill here. I made this site for all 606'ers to enjoy whatever their preference whether UK or overseas and I hope that you all respect each others views, in accordance I'm going to lock this thread as it's become unproductive.

If anyone wishes to discuss anything further please pm me.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down