The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester

3 posters

Go down

Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester  Empty Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester

Post by Kenny Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

Just heard this on the Hull local radio station , after Hull refused Leicester permission to speak to Pearson over the weekend Nigel has now told the board he wants to here what Leicester have to say .

Dont do it Nigel your building a good team at Hull .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester  Empty Re: Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester

Post by Luke Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

He has built a solid squad at city, and though don't agree with some of his signings he has bought in some great players.

But the only attraction to the leciester job that i can see is money. Both are in the same division, Both have an equally good chance of going up, and both have equally strong big squads. So it can only be money.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester  Empty Re: Nigel Pearson asks for permission to speak to Leicester

Post by Kenny Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

Leicester have promised him 8 million to spend if he comes in according to Radio Humberside
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

But he will have to do alot of wheeling and dealing at Leicester because they already have a big squad, which he proabably won't have to do at City.
Also how much time will he be given at Leicester to get them up?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 Nov 2011, 10:45 pm

I agree tiger , it sounds like a silly move but it does look like he is going and doubling his salary may be the reason .

If i were Allam id make it very plain that no players will be sold to Leicester or if they make them pay double the market value .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 08 Nov 2011, 10:56 pm

Be intresting to see who becomes City's manager if he does go. With a decent stadium, Squad and fanbase it's a very attractive job at the moment.

Quite a few of our players come from Leicester anyway, and i'm not sure that they'd want to hurry back judging by how quickly they got rid of them in the first place. And like i said, i think he's going to need to get rid of a few to bring players in, so maybe a few swap deals could be happening.

I'm also intrested in how long the owners will give him at Leicester, considering how they treat Sven when they weren't doing that badly in a very competative league this year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:02 pm

According to tonights Hull Daily Mail City will be looking at a young up and coming manager and the early front runners are Lee Clark at Huddersfield and Karl Robinson at MK Dons .

think Clark would stay at Huddersfield as he has turned down other jobs including Leicester , but Robinson could be possible .

what do you think tiger ? young new boss or go for a Dave Jones more experienced type manager ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

There are some competent managers out of work at the moment....and Ian Dowie!

I'd like to see Sean O'Driscoll back in a job. Unlucky to be dumped at Doncaster in my opinion.

Hull perhaps??

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

FreekShow wrote:There are some competent managers out of work at the moment....and Ian Dowie!

I'd like to see Sean O'Driscoll back in a job. Unlucky to be dumped at Doncaster in my opinion.

Hull perhaps??

He does like his teams to play attractive football
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:37 pm

O' Driscoll would be an intresting choice, as has knowledge of this league, plays attractive football & and would be intresting to see how he does at a big side with money.

Personally would definatly like to see a young up & coming manager, As a young dynamic manager could do well with the squad that we've got.

As long as Dowie (all though he did s*** as caretaker at City), Calderwood or Jones don't get it.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:55 am

Heard talk of a possible Windass Barmby 1-2 , yes both are City greats but i think City need someone with some experience at least not someone going into their first job .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

Not sure but a lot of money has gone Warren Joyce returning as boss with Barmby as assistant
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

To be fair, Joyce was badly treated last time after the great escape season. But i don't particularly want him back.
Wouldn't mind Barmby as some sort of assistant, getting the experince to take over in the future.
But if your going to do something like that then it has to be someone like O'Driscoll who takes over.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

Mark Robins is being mentioned a lot on radio , not attached so no compensation to pay ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:58 am

Hi all, Leicester fan here.

No disrespect to Hull, but I think there is more than just moeny involved here. We have probably the best squad in the Championship which is seriously underperforming at the moment. If Nigel Pearson can get them playing to their full potential we will be a real force to be reckoned with. Hull have a great team too of course (I know all about Matty Fryatt, Jack Hobbs and Martyn Waghorn) but ours is probably better (although Im sure Hull fans will disagree).

Also we have a lot of money to invest in any potential new signings he needs to make. He wont need to be "balancing the books" as he had to at Hull.

Finally there will be a sense of unfinished business as he took us to nearly a penalty kick away from the play off finals.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

I can understand him having unfinished business at Leicester but he was building a decent Championship side at Hull and was getting backing from the owner .

Nothing lasts for ever in football unless your Sir Alex Laugh , both clubs will move on im sure once compensation is agreed .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

In todays Hull Daily Mail it says the Allams will not lower their compensation fee which they see over £1 million , so this could roll on a few more days . Pearson could resign and make it go to a tribunal ? but what happens to the backroom staff he will want to take with him do they resign aswell .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

He has now officially joined. Welcome back Nigel!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:05 pm

Not happy with the way things panne out but i wish him all the best as he stabalised Hull City and brought in some very good young players .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Be intresting to see what reception he gets when Leicester go to the KC.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

I'm guessing not a good one Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

I cant see it being a very good one to be fair!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm

A lot of City fans didn't like the negative style of football that Pearson had Hull playing so he wont be missed by many . Winning is whats important for me .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:47 pm

It is in this division certainly, but with the players we've got we should have been beating sides alot more comfterably than we where.
What happens in January will be intresting as well, will alot of players be leaving City, that could be the month that makes or breaks our season, keep the same squad and we could be up challanging for the play offs, loose a few players and we could struggle.
Oh and i imagine that it will be a very bad reception, seeing how it's in 3 weeks (3rd of Dec).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:00 pm

didnt he leave lecister to join hull Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

CF, yes he did, i believe that it was a row about money with the old Leicester board that was the reason.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down