The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlers on Twitter

3 posters

Go down

Wrestlers on Twitter Empty Wrestlers on Twitter

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

What are people's thoughts on wrestlers being active on Twitter, particularly acting out of Kayfabe?

Do you think this could be confusing, and illusion shattering for younger fans, potentially damaging it's fan base - or does that illusion of reality not even exist anymore? Are WWE happy to promote that it isn't real, and all an act, to it's younger fans from the outset?

Or is there just an assumption that fans who are too young to understand the reality of the show, are also too young to be interested in signing up to Twitter, as well as an inability to restrict what their employee's do in their own time to such a level. (e.g. not breaking any laws)

Do you think there are guidelines, particularly in WWE, that users of social media have to adhere to? And does anyone know of any reprimands faced by any social media users who have crossed lines of acceptability?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Wrestlers on Twitter Empty Re: Wrestlers on Twitter

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

I don't think Wrestlers should break kayfabe when they present themselves to the public, I've no problem with them using Twitter but if they're doing so under their Wrestling persona then the shouldn't break character

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

I completely agree Gaffer. I'm wondering if everyone thinks this?

Obviously this has article has been inspired by the CM Punk discussion on the other thread - so do you see some of the things he posts as "out of Kayfabe?" e.g. the one about setting up himself vs Austin

Or is he too clever for that - as that particular post was a re-tweet? Is that his way around it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

I agree to a degree. Where it falls down though is how can a heel be portrayed interacting kayfabe with their followers without coming across as overly aggressive towards the fans and getting removed from Twitter. It’d be rather difficult for Jericho for example to constantly refer to all his followers as mindless sycophantic peons without raising a few eyebrows.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

Hero wrote:I agree to a degree. Where it falls down though is how can a heel be portrayed interacting kayfabe with their followers without coming across as overly aggressive towards the fans and getting removed from Twitter. It’d be rather difficult for Jericho for example to constantly refer to all his followers as mindless sycophantic peons without raising a few eyebrows.

Surely a heel would have no desire to communicate with the masses they hate at all?

What is Dolph Ziggler's like? I assume that's all in character, as a heel, as he references it on air.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

I don't think the heel neccasarily has to be aggressive in any replies he would make on twitter, just make sure he comes across as arrogant, Jericho is a master of it, I've no problem with a heel being himself on twitter so long as they aren't signed in under their wrestling alter-ego.

For instance, I think Wrestlers should have two twitter/facebook accounts, one for their character and one under their real name

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down