The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday

Go down

Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday Empty Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

http://www.iaaf.org/news/newsid=60361.html

Women's High Jump competition in her hometown of Split, Croatia.

The meeting, staged on the Dalmatian city's Adriatic seaside promenade, or Riva, will be the two-time World indoor and outdoor champion's first appearance in her hometown since her emotional victory at the IAAF/VTB Bank Continental Cup last September when she electrified the crowd with a 2.05m leap, her best of the 2010 outdoor season.

Among the challengers will be Swede Emma Green-Tregaro who ended Vlasic's undefeated Samsung Diamond League streak in New York on 11 June where she weathered the wet conditions best, leaping to a 1.94m victory. Green also collected a win at the European Team Championships on Sunday (19), again in less-than-conducive conditions.

The field will also include Russian Svetlana Shkolina, a two metre jumper outdoors last year and indoors this year, most recently the winner of the Moscow Challenge on 12 June with a 1.95m season's best. Others expected to compete include Sweden's Ebba Jungmark, this year's European indoor bronze medallist, and Ana Simic, at 1.92m currently the Croatian No. 2, who took the European Team Championships First League title on Sunday (19) in Vlasic's absence.

Back to top Go down

Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday Empty Re: Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:22 am

If anyone can beat the world record and jump 2.10m she can, lets hope she cracks it in the World Championships Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday Empty Re: Vlasic returns to action in hometown surroundings on Friday

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

I really like Vlasic, she's one of the more exciting athletes out there at the moment, and there's great competition in the high jump right now. Looking forward to seeing the results from this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:41 am

Did you go to the link and have a look at her photo randy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

ha, no Flash, easy to say she's not my type!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

Its the legs that do it for me and her sexy wiggle after she clears a big height.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

ha well fair enough! being female myself I prefer the likes of Thorkildsen Wink

Vlasic is amazingly talented though, I reckon she's the only one with a chance of breaking the world record at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

Oooops sorry Doh I never thought for one minute you were a female, I just associated rugby with men Doh old habits die hard but I am getting there, nice to know we have some female company at hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

I can see you attraction for the big jav lad though really fit guy isn't he.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

flashcoach wrote:Oooops sorry Doh I never thought for one minute you were a female, I just associated rugby with men Doh old habits die hard but I am getting there, nice to know we have some female company at hand.

laughing no worries, a lot of the posters on the rugby forum make the same mistake too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down